Sinema za Barbie Barbie in A Mermaid Tale 2

Lena_t posted on Aug 04, 2011 at 07:23PM
What you know about this film Barbie in A Mermaid Tale 2? Iknow only that it will be released in Spring 2012.

Sinema za Barbie 42 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita FairyPedro24 said…
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita sasBarbie said…
hmmm realy?
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita chlira said…
hmmm
are u sure ???
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Lena_t said…
smile
Yehh.Look link
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita chlira said…
worried
hmmm.. I see it . But first let us see if MATTEL really releases this movie or not .
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita manu962 said…
wink
It will be released .
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita sasBarbie said…
YAY ! my favorite movie come back !
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita MJsValentine said…
^ Good for you then.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita faithinChrist said…
cloudy
I'm kinda depressed.They finally make a sequel, and it's not to an older one.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita MajorAbbey said…
sad
^Me too.
hmmm
I wish they could come up with a better storyline for the sequel. Now we have to watch AGAIN how Oceana gets saved. A place of which I wouldn't care for, if it got attacked by an enormous killer octopus.
meh
^Can I hug you? Please? People are ecstatic about this sequel on every doll site I go to, and it's just so annoying. You know what makes it worse? PCS just partly restored my faith in BMs, and now this is looming on the horizon...
I agree. Where'd my post go?

Oh, and they have dolls:
link
The mermaids are quite pretty, I will admit, but those triplet things again...
@MJsValenitne.....hahahaha amen! And to you too, Miss Major. There's one good thing I can think of about this sequel: It's not to FF or FS. And maybe, just MAYBE, they'll bring back Kelly Sheridan since she voiced Merliah.
Can't say I agree with you completely; at least a FF sequel would feature Delphine. But bringing back Kelly would be a good thing, though.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita CleoCorinne said…
tongue
Now I'd like to know why Mattel is making a sequel for a movie that doesn't NEED one... did it ended good? Of course! Did Eris went away? Of course, so everyone's free! Did Merliah win the meet? Obviously she did... So, is there something else to be added in a sequel? To tell the truth, I'd like a FS sequel more... Does Merliah need to have more troubles? In fact, she's pretty, but as a Barbie character, she's one of my least favorite...
I think Miss Major and MJsValentine need an award for what they said, also... I completely agree with you both
rainy
^So true! Although I can't say I'd like to see a sequel to FS more, this is definitely a movie that didn't NEED a sequel. Out of all the movies they could have picked, why Mermaid Tail?

I guess it's old-school enough (I mean come on, it was almost TWO WHOLE YEARS ago! :P) to Mattel that they could consider it to be bringing back an oldie, but hip and modern enough that it still deserves a second shot.

Or maybe they just don't have anymore good ideas now that Kelly's gone.
^Yes. But honestly, if they wanted to make a sequel to a more recent "oldie", why not 3M? It was directly before it, and it had a very open ending.

I don't know. Probably because there's not a role for those weird fairy triplets...
sad
Exactly. Everyone knows little girls go crazy for annoying Valley Girl wannabe toddlers. Especially fashionable ones.

Besides, 3M is too princess-y and outdated. Apparently those don't sell.
sad
Oh, yes, of course. Almost as outdated as that "Nutcracker" movie. Everyone there is just so unfashionable!
Oh my God, yes! Just look at Viveca's ball dress! It's so O.U.T. And the colours are H.I.D.E.O.U.S! It's literally garbage! Barbie's dress at the FS premiere was so much B.E.T.T.E.R! *coughs loudly*
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita JMBlueZ said…
A better sequel would be to 3M or BETTER to Mariposa, Henna still free and alive :P
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita corinne17 said…
tongue
What on earth they're going to show in this movie? They've already done with it.I'm so curious.Why don't do a sequel on 3M? I've said and I'll never get bored to say till Mattel makes a sequel on that movie that there are many things left out.We have a whole battle.Also another baloon ride that I'm dying to see.Moreover,N would be a wonderful sequel as well.Mattel just think before doing something!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita CleoCorinne said…
tongue
OMK, you read my mind, Miss Del! Another ballon ride would be awesome! But unfortunately, Mattelz has something else in their foggy minds...
hmmm
I hate to say this but the movies are more or less promotion for Mattel's dolls. Do you remember how you were a little child and you always wanted to have the dolls from the movies, so you can play some scenes from the movies? At least, I always wanted to do so or actually did. I remember how I would make my Odette doll imitate those ballet scenes from the movie.

The problem is that link aren't that much into princess stories, fairy tales, etc. I remember how I always hated make-up, nail polish and makeovers, but children nowadays love that kind of stuff. They also love fashion. Actually, every time I have to pick up my 9-year old brother from school, I see girls in his age (or even younger!), and how they try hard to be fashionable. They usually pose around with their handbags and iPhones. It's a sad evolution, really.

And Mattel has to make profit from their dolls. Of course, there are those bunch of kids who like princesses and other classic things, who still buy Mattel's ordinary dolls. They are becoming less though. So they [Mattel] have to make their movies likeable for their main audience. Remember that the movies aren't really targeted at us. They don't give a fudge if we miss the old format or Kelly Sheridan as the voice of Barbie. It's all about making money.

I remember reading an article about how Disney may consider to stop making princess movies because the ratings for "Tangled" weren't what they have expected. Another reason for that [also stated in that article] is because little girls idolize Hannah Montana, Selena Gomez, etc. [All comparable with Barbie from FF and FS].

Also, if you look around in this spot; you will notice that the majority of the younger users [most of them are under 13] love MT. Not only on here but I could name you tons of other sites. Amazon, for instance. So, Mattel decided to make a sequel to it because the first one was so successful [to them at least].

I'm not a fan of this either, but let's face it, Mattel won't change their direction because of us. We have to accept the things the way they are. Groaning and complaining doesn't achieve much. Let us be happy that PCS was a good movie, if not the best in the last couple 15 months. The sequel will raise many doubts, which is understandable, but the most interesting thing is how things will turn out AFTER it.
You do make a valid point, and I could say I agree with most of it, but I'll have my say.

First of all, I'd be lying if I denied that most of my complaints come from sheer bitterness. I have been desperate for a Nutcracker sequel for years. Honestly, years. The fact that it is not only non-existant, but pushed aside in favour of the film which I personally blame for taking the franchise in a worse direction... well, it ticked me off, I'll admit that much. But it's a bit more than that, really.

For a start, do we really want to encourage this behaviour in kids? I mean, kids nowadays rarely get to BE kids anymore. I read that same article (oh, and one thing; Tangled was a worldwide hit. This film obviously appealed to a lot of people), and it said that five-year-olds are more interested in what's "hot" or "cool"? Seriously? You're five. You're going to spend most of your teenage years getting forced into some idea of what's "cool". When you're that young, you can like whatever you want and, for the most part, won't get judged for it. Enjoy that while you can. I've also heard about really young girls having weight issues, and I've encountered several of these new movie fans (not all of you, I won't tar you all with the same brush) who have horrible manners, horrible spelling, or both. Now, I'm not a prude, but I just don't think that's something we should be encouraging. Ditto this whole obsession with having the best clothes or the latest technology. Little girls shouldn't have to go through that when they're barely ten, and I don't think the media should force it down their throats; especially in films like these, which are aimed at this audience. And if you think I'm too concerned about this, keep in my mind I nearly attempted suicide because of such insecurities, and some people actually have. Bad enough we have to go through this at all. Leave our childhood alone.

Now, I won't blame MT for all of this. In fact, I'll go ahead and say it had some good parts (the surfing, Merliah herself, her mother, her grandfather, Eris), but it also has a lot of bad parts. It'd probably have been better if the people of Oceana weren't so shallow; or, at least, if we weren't supposed to care about their safety. They could get away with shallow mermaids in Mariposa because A. their attitude served a purpose (to set an example to the protagonists) and B. they weren't portrayed as being in danger, and we weren't supposed to root for their safety. How could we? I couldn't even root for Merliah because I cared so little about her goal. This is why PCS was such a pleasant surprise, especially Miss Privet. Here was a character who taught the importance of character and confidence. Here was Blair and her family, nice, relatable characters with good qualities. I CARED about Blair's goal because she and her family deserved a better life. I CARED about her family's home being at risk. I CARED because they seemed like good people who didn't deserve such a fate; and this, in turn, made Dame Devin all the more unpleasant. Much as I liked Eris, I didn't get that "completely evil" vibe from her.

Back to my point about kids; even if they go for this type of thing, their parents certainly don't. Look at the comments on that "Bring Back Kelly Sheridan" petition. Heck, here are three reviews (two about MT) from parents who won't buy into this new, "fashionable" trend:
link

link

link

Now, even if Mattel don't give a damn about OUR complaints, they should care about the parents', because they're the ones with the money. Most of the girls in their target audience don't have their own source of income. It'll be their parents who buy this movie for them, and if they don't agree with this "new direction" Mattel are so bloody proud of, then that'll be a lot less money for them.

Another thing (and yes, there may be a bit of bitterness here, too): ever since this movie came out, these dolls have nearly lost their quality. You mention the idea of girls "re-enacting" the movies (which admittedly, I can relate to), but nearly all the dolls released since then follow the exact same layout. Those bloody fairy things I mentioned before just get re-modelled and re-released time and time again, even when they're not even in the actual movie! It makes the whole line look cheap and it has to stop. As for success... P&P and 12DP are still the most popular among all the fans I've met, and Nutcracker is still the most successful BM ever made. Going by this logic, they should have sequels too. But they can't, of course, because they're too uncool and they don't fit into Mattel's new, cheap doll format.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm picking a fight - I have nothing against you, God knows I've agreed with you enough times - but that's just how I see this. Maybe the sequel might prove me wrong. Maybe we'll be given a cast we can actually care about. Hell, PCS has proven they can do that. But I'll doubt it until I see it in person.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita jp0518 said…
smile
The trailer is already on you tube, but English is not available only Portuguese, I think.. :)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita sblancoster02 said…
cool
i think MT2 its gonna be a good sequel,even if it got an animation like MT1,the same merliah face,new outfits and places and characters to explore to enjoy,not just to watch.Also i think DK is doing a good voicing,she get better on PCS
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita koko11ist said…
i also didnt like MT so much..

i was happy with PCS & thought that mattel may be considering the fairytale touch again, but......

i still wish that they make classic movies like sleeping beauty,snow white & rose red, etc.

but for MT2 i can only hope that they bring kelly sheridan....
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita MovieWatcher1 said…
I watched the trailer for Barbie In A Mermaid Tale 2 yesterday and I got to say I'm really thrilled that my favorite movie is getting a sequel. The first one was good in my opinion, but I felt like it could have had a little more in it, if you know what I mean. I sure can't wait untill spring comes so I can watch it. Though I must admit I've been thinking, though: whatever movie or game or whatever I like, everyone else seeem to hate/dislike. It's quite confusing. Maybe it's just me.

As for your question: if I recall correctly, Merliah will go to Austraila for some sufingcompetition and a jelous competitior set hell loose. That's how I understood it anyway.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita MovieWatcher1 said…
Sorry, one last thing: I seriously can't hear any difference between these two voice actresses everyone seem to talk about, so I don't quite understand the deal. I don't mean to be rude or anything, it's just something that's been on my mind for a while.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Space-Tennyson said…
Mermaid Tale is one of my top favourite Barbie films ever!
Can't wait for the sequel!!!!link
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Beckstar92 said…
I hate the new direction they have gone now. I'm 19 and I have been watching since 2001 when I was 9 years old. I think it went downhill after the first Mermaid Tale film. Now it's just fashion related. Seriously, are little girls really into fashion and make-up now? I wasn't as a little girl. I loved Barbie, but I was into my dolls, soft toys and the spice girls. I had no interest in make-up until I was like 15! Guess some girls are different.

I thought the Charm School movie was OK than what they have done. But still not the right direction in my opinion

I miss the Princess tales, but little girls aren't the little girls from the early 90's. They are into mobile phones, the internet at young ages, watching vampire films/t.v shows at young ages, Sex in movies, Hannah Montana, Selena Gomez..Fashion, slutty outfits at a young age...twitter..facebook

I disagree with the user on the previous page how you said Tangled didn't have ratings . They are selling out of Tangled stuff like crazy and Disney Princess dolls and merchandise is selling out like crazy too. Maybe it's the adult collectors just buying...but Tangled was an exceptionally popular film.

The user on the other page, are you saying PCS is going to have a sequel? Or do you mean Mermaid Tale 2? Which I know of. Shame Kelly Sheridan won't voice her. I miss her voice!

Some young girls don't seem to like it either, judging by that petition I signed a while ago which has been put on this thread. I don't see why girls have to be practically forced into this 'Plastic' way of living where it's all by how you look and boyfriends. The classic Barbie films had good morals, they don't at all now really..
Beckstar92 - my thoughts exactly. And who was it who said Tangled had no ratings? I'm part of that fandom and I'll tell you now, it's huge. It's not just adults who are fans, either; a lot of little girls love Rapunzel, and the Disney Princess stuff is still selling.

(Oh, and you remember the Spice Girls, too? I loved them when I was a kid.)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita house1of1night1 said…
I liked MT1 but it wasn't my favourite barbie movie. Kelly Sheridan was way better than Diana but she's not that bad. The singer in Perfect christmas for barbie was crap. The sequel might be cool but it should have a good plot.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Beckstar92 said…
I haven't seen the Christmas one yet. I'm not fond of Christmas films
I think I was the one who said that 'Tangled' had poor ratings T___T
My apologies. I got my facts mixed up. I searched a bit and found the article which I had been referring to: link

Oh, and according to Lisa McKnight (senior VP of Barbie Marketing and Entertainment at Mattel) the Barbie fairytales are still selling like hotcakes. Now I'm confused.
meh
That's confused me, too. I really don't understand what they're doing anymore. Surely, from a business perspective, it's best to go with what's selling?
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Space-Tennyson said…
Wow!
Can't Fucking Wait!!!!
Merliah is my 2nd favourite barbie character!!!
She is so hot and beautiful!
link
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita beckstar said…
I didn't like Merliah too much
I don't like Merliah either. We are supposed to root for her, but she's somewhat unlikable.
I don't have any problem with Merliah herself; it's her goal I can't root for. I really couldn't care less if Oceana gets saved or not.