Betty and Daniel Daniel: One step mbele - One step backwards...

detty4ever posted on Feb 02, 2009 at 06:02PM
In season 3 we see Daniel on the one hand doing something great towards Betty and on the other hand doing something stupid that ruins everything..it's like a circle!!

More specificly I'll make a list of what I consider as one step forward and one step backwards behavior(to the DETTY direction of course!!)
OSF (STANDS FOR One Step Forward)
OSB (STANDS FOR One Step Backwards)

DETTY DIRECTION

E. 7 OSF
"You're beautiful"
E. 8 OSB
Let HER to take the blame for letting the magazine run on the news stands

E. 8 OSF
Restores her reputation in front of everyone and tell her "I'm sorry!"
E. 9 OSB
Ignores her when she asks him to write a letter of recomendation for her...

E. 9 OSF
Helps her to get into YETI and writes 6 whole pages as recomendation!!!
E. 11 OSB
Makes her fell as if he loses faith on her, after her mistake "I should have put an editor to do it instead.."

E. 11 OSF
Let her stay to the party which is only for editors.."You earned it!"
E. 12 OSB
Doesn't go to the hospital for Ignacio..

TO BE CONTINUED...

Betty and Daniel 5 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita BeSafe said…
LOL this is true, and I totally agree with you I don't understand why the writers feel the need to make Daniel repeat this endless cycle of making mistakes and then making up for them...I mean I reckon they feel like if they make Daniel someone who makes less mistakes it won't be Daniel anymore, and I'm not saying he should never make a mistake, but honestly this is practically a mistake an episode, they could let it be like a mistake every 3 episodes, I'd take that at this point!!!!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita detty4ever said…
smile
Maybe they want to sress the fact that Daniel is still imature..He has changed a lot but maybe they want to make clear that he still has a lot of work in front of him until his ready for Betty...
Also I think that by making mistakes he learns more for himself and the man that he wants to be...I don't know...I'm just quessing..
It is irritating though that this happens almost per episode..
But his make up scenes with Betty are great!I love them!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita BeSafe said…
smirk
LOL I totally agree with your reasoning I feel like with each mistake they give Daniel to make they are trying to show us the viewers that while yes he has changed a lot from that carefree rich playboy he was in season 1 to the kinder not so much of a playboy he is in season 3, he still has changes to make, he still has maturing to do, he still isn't quite the guy he needs to be for when him and Betty get togther.

I also agree that the writers feel this is the most efficient way of showing us that he is growing up, we see how much he learns when Betty gets angry at him for making a mistake he knew better than to make, and I think that the writers also just love to put Daniel in one corner and Betty in another, to show them fight, to show them against one another, but not really against one another, I think they know that with each fight they have that is a big one the more emotions are involved, like the fight in Filing for the Enemy, which seemed more like a couples squabble than a friend/friend argument...I think the fights just as much as the hugs and the sweet one-liners show us the evolution of Detty...so while I don't like it when Daniel makes mistakes (and they could certainly cut down on it!) I understand why the writers write it that way!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita alienanne said…
meh
Yay for the possibility that what's happening is preparation for Detty!!

BUT... With regards to criticizing what they're doing to Daniel's character, well... I could say they are going overboard with it. They are probably doing this on purpose, BUT, the problem is, WE are detecting it. If we are able to tell, it's no fun. Sooner or later, we could predict what should happen and they should avoid that. If they were more subtle about establishing the fact that Daniel is still a long way for being THE ONE for Betty, well, here's the thing producers, WE CAN CATCH UP. We definitely could tell that Daniel and Betty together is still in progress. Don't worry about us getting the message. Because we understand what's happening.

I just hope the producers come up with a more creative way to build Daniel's character and NOT ONLY define him by the mistakes he makes. Because if we keep seeing this OSF and OSB pattern, I'm afraid Ugly Betty will start to become... well... tiring.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita detty4ever said…
wink
LOL!Come on don't say that.. it won't become boring!!For me DETTY can't become boring!UNLESS they don't indend to have Betty and Daniel together!Then, yes all this OSFs and OSBs have absolutely no value!!!But I agree in what you're saying they need to fing other ways to show that he needs time to realise his feelings!!!I hope that in season 4 we'll see more creative ways..

Something irrelevant..Can you give the link for the Detty video in youtube where you said that someone comments that Daniel will be the one to fall first?(You had posted this in a previous topic..)
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita