Betty and Daniel "The repeated D/B scene..."

detty4ever posted on Apr 10, 2009 at 09:07AM
Hi guys! I've been meaning to post this topic a long time now, but I had a few distactions!

Let's get to the point!

Of course I'm referring to the "runway scene" that we saw both in season 2 and in season 3!!
I'm guessing that you have seen them many times by now, but I'm providing you with the links:
Zero Workship Season 2 link

There's no place like Mode Season 3 link

We should definitely not overlook these two moments!So, I decided to analyse them in terms of their similarities and their differences!

SIMILARITIES

The same setting: Fashion show

Also everyone leaves and we see only Daniel and Betty!

They make comlements to each other!

The best part: THEY WALK TOGETHER IN THE RUNWAY LIKE A COUPLE AS THE LIGHTS FADE..
This is a huge Detty hint!!

They are joking with each other, which is amazing, cause it means that they have the same sense of humour! Plus it shows intimacy!

"If I decide to have a career in fashion, then I get to decide what looks good!And if you don't watch it I'll make you were Heinrich's hat!"

"Would it be so terrible to have a woman, who is..I don't know..30 plus??"
You just don't give up..Do you??"

The way that they look at each other is very meaningful!

DIFFERENCES

First of all, the one from season 3 lasts longer!

They sit and talk before they walk together!

The dialogue is more improved: Daniel tells her that she has the ability to connect with people and to look beneath the surface..Isn't that exactly what she does with him??

Also he mentions something very important: That he wants Betty to become an editor at Mode some day! THIS MEANS THAT HE DOESN'T WANT HER TO LEAVE BY HIS SIDE, not even when she moves on with her carrer! HE WANTS HER IN HIS LIFE FOREVER!Hm mmm..Interesting!

In the first scene(season 2) Daniel offers his arm to Betty, whereas in the one from season 3 Betty offers her hands to Daniel!So, she takes the initiative this time! This part was awesome! It was like she was telling him "I trust you!"

Also in the scene from "There's no place like Mode" AS THE LIGHTS FADE IT LOOKS LIKE A HEART IN THE RUNWAY!!It is around 1:14 if you notice carefully...
Ok, maybe this is a detail and doesn't mean anything, but it is absolutely great!!!

So,I strongly believe that it's gonna be a third scene like that in the future!!! And that it will be even better from the previous one's! And by that I mean that I want to see them holding hands or even kissing!!!!:)

PS:That wonderful image is from "gibbynka" from "The Bachelor and The Butterfly community!
 Hi guys! I've been meaning to post this topic a long time now, but I had a few distactions! Let's ge
last edited on Apr 10, 2009 at 01:43PM

Betty and Daniel 4 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita BeSafe said…
big smile
WOW great analyzing there detty4ever! That was awesome, its been a while since I objectively sat back and looked at these two scenes to truly think about how awesome they are and what they could mean for the possibility of our ship!
Of course the fact that it happened two years in a row is a hint from the writers! Its kind of funny how both years ALL these things were going on and in the end Daniel and Betty still end up sitting together, like no matter what, even with all that chaos they still belong and thats why they are the last two standing, so to speak!
I love all the similarities and differences you pointed out! I especially love when I think that these occured during Fashion Week, which is supposed to be the bussiest and most hectic time of all, and they still somehow find time for each other!
I love the joking manner you were talking about, because both times they were talking about something serious and then they turned to a joking manner, which is cute!
Okay so this season I did LOVE the whole thing when Daniel said that he thought Betty would be a great Editor-in-Chief at MODE someday, because it kind of made me think of what you stated, he DOESN'T want Betty to leave his side completely, even if she moves up and he knows one day she can't be his assistant anymore, he still wants her by his side, which is clearly a hint for a Detty future!
I didn't notice the heart on the runway, but I will go back and check that out!
And I DEFINELY agree, I can't wait for Fashion Week next season, the writers have a LOT to live up to!!!!!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita detty4ever said…
kiss
I'm so happy that you liked it BeSafe!!!
It is exactly what you said no matter what happens in their lives at the end they find time to be alone!!
The writers repeated this scene for a reason!! This can't be a coincedence!!! I wonder why everyone doesn't see this??
I think that it would be very interesting to see Betty leaving from Mode for a while, in order to see Daniel's reactions!! What will he do if he feels that he's losing her??Maybe this would make him to open his eyes!!

As for the heart in the video, I also didn't notice it at the beginning!!Focus on the lights!As they fade, you will she it..Pause the video exactly in 1:14 and look the light, it forms a heart for one second..
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita BeSafe said…
big smile
I know I don't understand why these non-Detty people refuse to see it?! They need to see the LIGHT!!!!
And it would be very interesting to see Daniel's reaction if he thought he was losing Betty for good, I bet he would be really sad and maybe even realize just HOW MUCH he was losing!!!!

I did what you said and I TOTALLY NOTICED the heart!!!! Ahhh it is AWESOME, I hope it isn't a random occurance, but I don't think it is, its a hint!!!!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita detty4ever said…
heart
Maybe they think that if Daniel and Betty get together, their ships(wGio, Henry..etc) will be gone for good!
Cause if Betty and Daniel share such a special relationship now that they are friends, imagine what will happen if they become lovers!
Betty will completely forget all the other guys in her life!

I like your enthousiasm concerning the heart, so I will take it as a hint too!!