Breastfeeding has many benefits like:
1. Breast maziwa protects baby from disease.
2. Breast maziwa contains all the nutrients a baby needs during its first months, including iron and vitamins C and E.
3. Mother's maziwa is easy for baby to digest and utilize.
4. Breast maziwa does not cause allergic reactions as cow's maziwa and infant formulas can.
5. Breastfed babies have an almost pure culture of Lactobacillus in their intestinal tracts. These beneficial bacteria quickly multiply, helping to break down food, make vitamin K, and dispose of harmful bacteria.
6. Mothers who breastfeed are less likely to get breast cancer.
7. Breastfeeding makes it easier to lose the weight gained during pregnancy because maziwa production burns calories.