Childhood Animated Movie Heroines Unpopular CAMH Opinions/Confessions

cruella posted on Nov 07, 2014 at 08:23PM
This is very similar to the one on the Disney Princess club, except here you can say your unpopular opinion about any of the CAMH characters or movie. Please state your opinion in a polite way, and when you're replying to someone please be polite, even if you disagree with their opinion.

Here is a link to the original forum: link
last edited on Nov 19, 2014 at 07:52PM

Childhood Animated Movie Heroines 243 majibu

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 243

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita cruella said…
I never liked the character Anastasia. She's always come across as a snob, to me, not mention the fact that she runs away with con artist instead of staying with her grandmother she had been trying to find.
Tygers_Eye commented…
I liked her better as a kid than I do now (I even got an Anastasia/Dimitri box set of dolls dressed in their opera clothes), but the reasons wewe mentioned are indeed the reasons I don't like her as much as when I was little. That, and she's voiced kwa Meg Ryan. =_= zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
cruella commented…
I tried to like her as a child because she was so maarufu and all my Marafiki liked her. But even then she kind of rubbed me the wrong way. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
AudreyFreak commented…
^then that just means people like hard to like characters. not surprising. look how maarufu Sherlock, House, and Sheldon Cooper are. IRL none of them would have friends, though. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Tygers_Eye said…
Apparently I'm the only person here who loves Tiger Lily. =(

And the original girl that Mowgli fell for, NOT the bastardized sequel. (Though I am grateful they named her so I would have something to call her.)

For what it's worth, I KNOW both Shanti and Tiger Lily suffer from problematic race and gender portrayals in the first films. However, I don't believe in throwing the baby out with the bathwater. That is, I don't believe in discarding everything good about a character just because she has problematic aspects too. I feel they both have likable and admirable characteristics (Shanti's confidence, grace, and poise; Tiger Lily's courage, loyalty, and integrity) and actions (Shanti getting Mowgli to return to the man-village where he belongs with just a flick of her eyelashes, and Tiger Lily refusing to betray her friend or compromise her integrity). I think these are very admirable traits, and are worth praising despite the problematic portrayal of their race and gender for their time period.
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
324anna commented…
I was very young when I last saw The Jungle Book, so I haven't anything to say about Shanti. I really like Tiger Lily, especially how proud she looks when Hook has captured her, but like wewe said, she has many flaws. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
ZeldaFanForever commented…
I upendo both! :D zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
scarletunicorn commented…
I upendo Shanti myself. I can't stand that they turned her into a boring stick-in-the-mud who never has any fun in the sequel. Come on, I thought we knew that was Bagheera's character. (and Bagghy's my inayopendelewa of the Jungle Book!) :D zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
auroraxaurelia commented…
Both are great characters and wewe stated it well about their good and bad aspects. They aren't high on my vipendwa orodha but I like them. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita 324anna said…
I find Fiona the most beautiful CGI CAMH. Many people say she looks creepy and homely, but I find her truly gorgeous and I like how she doesn't have the huge eyes and head that most CGI heroines have.
I love Chel. I'm not really sure if that's an unpopular opinion, but not many people talk about her here and when they do, they usually say that they don't like her, but I find her a very interesting character, because she's so sly, manipulative and she actually plays an important part in the film, she's not just a love interest. I wish the movie would show why she wanted to leave from El Dorado.
ZeldaFanForever commented…
She´s great! I upendo her character and her ubunifu is gorgeous^^ zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
ajotma commented…
I like Chel also, even though I ship Miguel/Tulio and she kinda complicated their friendship. Still, she's really interesting and I like her with Tulio. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
UnholyNoise commented…
ME TOO, ajotma. Maybe if dreamworks reboots el dorado they'll make it happen. (Haha, fat chance. But I can dream right??) zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ZeldaFanForever said…
I prefer the Disney Heroines over the Disney Princesses. And Non-Disney animation over Disney, although i still love the movies!
cruella commented…
I've always preferred the heroines over the princesses too. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MalloMar commented…
Same here. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I usually prefer heroes over heroines. I still like heroines but to me the heroes are a lot more interesting and likable.
324anna commented…
It happens the complete opposite with me, I like many heroes, but I'm way zaidi interested in heroines. :) zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
cruella commented…
That doesn't surprise me, I think most people feel that way. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MalloMar commented…
I upendo both...maybe I slightly prefer heroes. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita KataraLover said…
I think Kayley from Quest For Camelot is one of the most badass fictional heroines EVER
cruella commented…
I think she's very heroic. And while I think she depend some what on her male friends, they also depend on her. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita scarletunicorn said…
I don't like Astrid from How to Train Your Dragon. To me she seems just the typical "badass" warrior chick who's so tough and angry with everybody but she knows how to wield a sword so we MUST like her. I also don't like her romance with Hiccup, it just screams of the typical "the dweeb who falls for the popular mean girl at school" cliche.
dimitri_ commented…
Is that really a thing? Nowadays I feel like the male protagonist always falls for the nice girl. Plus, Astrid is not really mean, she just has a temper lol. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
324anna commented…
I completely agree. dimitri_ has a good point, as nowadays most heroines are nice and kind to everyone, but I still really dislike Astrid. I haven't seen the sequel though, so I don't know if I'm gonna like her there, but I have a feeling she'll turn out even zaidi flat and boring. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
KataraLover commented…
I hate Astrid in the original but I like her in the sequel. But yeah, in the original her and Hiccup are a terrible, rushed, unnecessary, and double-standard couple with nothing in common. Another reason why this movie sucks. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
How To Train You Dragon is an awful movie! The characters (except for Toothless) are annoying and stereotypes, the animation is average at best, the designs are horrible, the dragons don't look like freaking dragons, the relationships (besides the one between Hiccup and Toothless) are terrible and rushed, it's predictable, cliche, unoriginal, boring, forgettable, and misses every opportunity it has to be unique and different. Cliche's aren't always a bad thing, some stories need them in order to work. But the thing about them is how they are done and what can make them really work is if they do something new with it, but they don't. I really don't get how something as brilliant and unique as Rise of The Guardians isn't nearly as popular as this piece of crap! The only good things about the movie are the action scenes and the relationship between Hiccup and Toothless. I can name several cliches the movie does and they don't add anything new to.

1.The dork that makes something of himself (except they make his dorkiness WAY TOO OVER THE TOP!)
2.The closed-minded and one-dimensional strict dad that is supposed to get his rushed redemption, despite being so unlikable that I don't care because he's too mean-spirited and despicable.
3.The b*tchy tough girl that's becomes the bland and unnecessary love interest.
4.The liar reveal.
5.The mean-spirited town that thinks the protagonist is a freak and a nuisance.
6.The two twins that always argue over every little thing.
7.The one character that's a bigger dork than the main character that's both supposed to make the main character look good and try to get some pathetic laugh out of the audience, despite not being funny.
8.The big, tough idiot that is really a wimp and tries to flirt with the female lead.
9.The rushed romance between the dorky guy and the b*tchy tough girl that changes because the plot says so.
10.The dork becoming loved by everyone by lying because it pleases their selfish egos.

Need I go on? I can't believe people praise this film for being groundbreaking, despite not being that AT ALL and instead being a predictable, cliche, and forgettable piece of crap.
7- Yeah, they that in Paranorman is well, and it didn't work out there either. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
324anna commented…
My thoughts exactly. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
UnholyNoise commented…
HTTYD is nothing special, imo, though I don't hate it. Too many stock characters, I can't stand Astrid, and their fanbase is kind of obnoxious. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita CRaZy_rawR said…
I don't particularly like Anya from Anastasia. I wouldn't say I dislike her, I just have mixed feelings.
cruella commented…
I never cared for her. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MalloMar commented…
Same here. I call her Anya zaidi than Anastasia. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I usually prefer movies that are suppose to take place in modern times, to fairy tales. To me the characters are generally much more complex and relatable, and the movies are less of a formula.
Rise of the Guardians is perhaps Dreamwork's best film of the post-Shrek era. Pre-Shrek is Prince of Egypt.
And if anyone comes along and claims that Shrek is the best Dreamworks film...Hahahah NO.
KataraLover commented…
Rise of The Guardians is definitely the best of the Dreamwork's movies. The best pre-Shrek era was The Prince of Egypt. However I think Shrek, Shrek 2, and The Croods are better than The Prince of Egypt, even though it's phenomenal. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
ajotma commented…
I agree with wewe about Rise of the Guardians being the best film of the post-Shrek era zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Oh! I also think Swan Princess and Thief and the Cobbler are great films. Ever since Monsieur Doug Walker trashed them everybody thinks it's okay to jump on their hate bandwagons. And sure, Swan Princess may be silly and cheesy, and Thief spends more time focused on the animation to develop well its characters, but overall they're not bad films.

Walker's just a pretentious snob who only likes non-Disney films when THEY are pretentious and do incredibly "serious" dramatic stuff away from the Disney formula (Prince of Egypt, Iron Giant, Secret of NIMH)- When they're laidback and do their own fairy tale spin, he's screaming like a chicken "RIP OFF! RIP OFF!"

It's hilarious because then Disney could do the laziest most formulaic movie ever, and his only negative comment would be "Meeeeh?" (check out most of his Disneycember). He's so Disney-biased I'm amazed nobody has called him out on it.
KataraLover commented…
Personally I think Doug Walker is awesome and really funny. I do think he's closed-minded when it comes to Non-Disney animated films that have that Disney style to it, like The swan Princess and Quest For Camelot. I agree with wewe on The swan Princess, except I don't think it's silly au cheesy. I think it's just one of those sinema that is based off emotions and not logic, much like Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs and The Wizard of Oz. As for The Thief and The Cobbler, it's not bad but it's not particularly good in my opinion. The uhuishaji is awful, the characters are generic, the songs are bland, and it's pretty forgettable. But overall, I thought the film was just okay. But yeah, I agree that Doug does do that whole double-standards thing and I hate how people jump the bandwagon on it. But he does hate Hercules, a Disney film with even zaidi problems than something like Quest For Camelot and The swan Princess. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
324anna commented…
I actually agree with Walker on these two films, but not because they're Disney rip-offs. And I agree with KataraLover on what he alisema about Doug, in my opinion he's awesome and I don't find any of the films wewe mentioned "pretentious". zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
324anna commented…
But you're entitled to your opinion. :) zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Tygers_Eye commented…
I like The swan Princess and The Thief and the cobbler, mshona viatu too, but they are flawed movies. I don't think Doug Walker is a pretentious snob though. I think he's a guy that made an online web series where he expresses his opinions on sinema in a comedic way because he wants to entertain people; make them laugh, make them think, and make them swali what makes a movie good au not (as of the Nostalgia Editorials). I'm also a little annoyed kwa how he expects certain sinema to be; he seems to feel all Disney films should be "the best of the best" like The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast, all DreamWorks CGI films should be like Shrek 2; fast-paced, high-energy, a joke a minute, etc; and non-Disney hand-drawn films should be very dramatic and nothing like Disney. If any of them don't fit into that box, he judges them poorly. It doesn't mean I think he's pretentious snob, just a little closed-minded when it comes to animated films. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Lanalamprouge said…
I think young Merida is creepy versus the more vocal opinion that she is adorable
324anna commented…
Awww I think young Merida is the cutest thing ever! But hey, that's what opinions are for. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
i think DC's better than Marvel
cruella commented…
I definitely think the DC heroines are better than Marvel. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I love Jane from Peter Pan 2. She's probably my third favorite CAMH. I think she's very underrated. She's a flawed, interesting and very unique character that develops and learns from her mistakes. Plus, she's the one who managed to kind of change Peter Pan, in the sequel he became more likable and less annoying imo. Wendy should take notes.
Aang_Lite commented…
Definitely. I upendo her and don't get the criticism that she's a bad character because she fills the role of the girl who doesn't like games and having fun. She's the elder sister during a war! It makes perfect sense for her to act zaidi mature! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
She's the only likeable character in the Peter Pan world tbh. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita AudreyFreak said…
I think most of the time people say the Heroines are better than the Princesses are just being contrary because the DPs have their own franchise while most of the heroines are lucky to be remembered outside of the Internet. I don't doubt many people genuinely prefer them though. but in my experience, people who say this usually do it in a snotty way and always add on an insult for those dumb princesses who just sit around waiting for a prince when they do. I myself like some of both. and it's not fair to say all the heroines are better; there's only like 13 DPs and tons of heroines!
324anna commented…
Agreed. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
dimitri_ commented…
I agree, I've been trying to say this for the longest time xD zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I'm sick of Jack Frost being shipped with every CG girl in existence. I don't think he's that cute. A good character maybe, but I find him a bit overrated (plus I'm just a Pitch Black person myself). I also don't think he and Elsa are a good couple at ALL despite them being everyone's favorite ship. They have nothing in common. it's like pairing Tigress and Bunnymund (for lack of a better example) just because they're both humanoid, talking animals.
324anna commented…
I actually believe they would make a lovely couple. Besides the obvious connection they share since they both have ice powers, they both have a special relationship with their little sisters. Also, I think that they could definitely make the "opposites attract" thing work, Elsa has many problems and she's so stressed all the time, so I think that the fun-loving and easy going Jack would make her relax and help her get over her issues. I do think he's overrated though. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Yeah I never got Jack's appeal. I think the other guardians are much zaidi interesting than him. (Bunnymund is my personal favorite, and yeah, go ahead and call me a furry, see if i care) zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
dimitri_ commented…
I don't think he's attractive and I never used to ship him witj Elsa. But lately, I've seen some cute crossovers xD zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
ajotma commented…
I don't really ship Jelsa at all. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita UnholyNoise said…
Am I the only one who is not impressed that Belle reads? Yeah, duh, books are great, but I feel like in BatB they're used as some kind of lazy shorthand to indicate that she's smart and "different," yet she spends most of the movie doing silly things. (Man, if a violence-prone beast tells you to stay out of the West Wing, don't freaking go in there.) Actually, she should have been pretty genre-savvy considering her favorite book is one about meeting a prince in disguise. :)
UnholyNoise commented…
Also, how does this bookstore she's always visiting stay in business if she's the only one in that town who reads? And even then, the bookseller has no problem giving her free books. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Aang_Lite commented…
I don' think she's the only one that reads, I just think she's one of the few women in the town that reads. It's not really meant to onyesha that she's smarter than everyone, more-so that she isn't willing to fall into the cookie cutter life every women is supposed to have in that town: Marry a man, and pampu out ten kids. It's just supposed to illustrate her independence and if wewe look at it that way, isn't contrary to things she does later in the movie (taking her father's place, going to the West Wing even though she was forbidden.) zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
dimitri_ commented…
I hate how she is considered to be this weirdo just because of the time period. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I think people who claim movies like Anastasia, The Swan Princess, Thumbelina, and Quest For Camelot are Disney rip-offs are really just holding them to a double standard. I mean, sure they're very fantasy, fairy-tale, and princess like but most of the Disney movies aren't even about princesses, they're just the most popular. I mean, how is Secret of NIMH or An American Tail not a rip-off of The Rescuers, The Rescuers Down Under, or The Great Mouse Detective? Or The Land Before Time a rip-off of The Lion King or Bambi? This is complete bull crap in my opinion! Besides, who says Disney is the only one who can do this? So it's okay for Disney to do something new like Wreck-It Ralph but if a Non-Disney movie does something like Anastasia or The Swan Princess it's considered a cheap Disney imitation? DOUBLE STANDARD BULL CRAP!
UnholyNoise commented…
People are dumb. They think that just because Disney has popularized some trope, that Disney owns it au invented it. And The Lion King itself actually owes a lot to both Hamlet and Exodus. But nobody wants to talk about that. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
cruella commented…
I agree, it's a really stupid double standard. Just because Disney fairytales are the most maarufu it doesn't mean they own all fairytales. And even if they are copying Disney a little, so what? It's not like Disney has never copied anyone. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I'm copying and pasting a post I made on the original Disney Princess forum, just because I can and I don't care what anyone saying about me doing this lol.

"I know this is probably rude to say, but I just can't help but laugh my ass off every time I hear or see people say that Anna is a better developed and improved version of Rapunzel. I'm sorry, but in what world? The only thing Anna beats Rapunzel in is the looks department. Rapunzel actually grows, matures, and develops in her movie, Anna does not. She learns not to marry someone you just met at the last minute but that's it. Character development is non-existent in Frozen, so Anna is completely inferior to Rapunzel in my opinion. People say that Rapunzel is a Mary Sue but I ask, HOW? She has flaws! She's clumsy, awkward, insecure, shy, paranoid, a little reckless, naive, and ignorant. I hear people say she's also a Mary Sue because things come too easily to her but again, same thing happens with Anna and even Elsa. Anna is inexperienced but she's still shown as more skilled than Kristoff and constantly has to save him, who is supposed to be more skilled than her. Or Elsa being so skilled with her powers during Let It Go, despite having no real training and concealing her powers for almost all her life. Along with the fact that she conquers her anxiety and thaws the kingdom without even trying. You think that's not having things come easily to them? I'd say it's just as bad, if not worse, as it is with Rapunzel. Except, unlike Anna and Elsa, Rapunzel actually develops and matures. Plus, Anna's humor is A LOT more forced than Rapunzel's."
cruella commented…
Anna and Rapunzel are my two least inayopendelewa DP's and the only two I don't actually like, but I agree that Anna is far from an improved version of Rapunzel. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
324anna commented…
EXACTLY. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
dimitri_ commented…
yeah I think we already discussed this enough xD we are on completely different chapters here zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Boy, this forum is pretty dead. Oh well. I guess my next unpopular confession is that I consider The Swan Princess to be a genuinely good movie. Any supposed "flaws" or "plot holes" it has, are the same that the original Swan Lake ballet had and because it's a movie that doesn't base it's story on logic but rather by emotion like any other fairy-tale. Yes, it does have it's differences from the original source material like having the two main characters know each other their whole lives instead of another love at first sight story, having the fake Odette be an ugly old hag instead of Rothbart's daughter Odille, and bla bla bla. The romance, while not the best, is still great in my opinion because there are subtle hints of them liking each other as they grow up and can only show them when they're grown up and mature. Derek may have said "What else is there?" but he was just nervous and didn't know how to express his feelings. His journey is to learn how to express his feelings and appreciate those he loves. Odette is a strong and brave character that definitely has a three-dimensional personality. I will always be a HARDCORE defender of The Swan Princess.
cruella commented…
I agree, I think it's very good movie in it's own right. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
dimitri_ commented…
I don't think the movie is objectively good but I do like it, it's cute. I upendo the romance between Derek and Odette though and I upendo how both of their characters are zaidi than meets the eye. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
My personal favorite Dreamworks movie and non-Disney movie is Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted. I love the characters, their interaction and the animation and the songs.
KataraLover commented…
I was never a shabiki of the Madagascar movie. I thought they were okay but not my personal taste. But I actually did upendo the third movie and agree with you. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Contrary to popular belief, I like hearing celebrities voicing animated characters. Maybe they're not as talented in voice-acting as actual voice actors, but there's a charm about watching an animated film and instantly going "Oh wow, that's John Goodman!" and seeing someone you know well giving their voice to an animated character. In a way they're cartoonized and that's really cool.
324anna commented…
I agree! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
UnholyNoise commented…
It's the opposite with me, at least with sinema I've seen 4595059 times like The Prince of Egypt, It's actually kind of weird hearing, say, Val Kilmer au (especially) Jeff Goldblum in other roles because I'm like "wait, what's Moses doing in juu Gun?" zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita dimitri_ said…
The Road to El Dorado is my favorite Dreamworks film.
UnholyNoise commented…
It's a close sekunde for me after The Prince of Egypt. Miguel is my inayopendelewa animated hero. Tne chemistry between him and Tulio is incredible, and the uandishi is smart and funny as hell. There are sooooo many quotable lines. I'm holding out for a sequel. :) zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
ajotma commented…
Same, and Miguel is also my fav <3 zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I think Jack Frost is just boyishly cute and have never gotten the hype for his looks.
uploaded900 commented…
I'm not that crazy about his looks either zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
AudreyFreak commented…
same. he's actually kind of strange looking, with far apart eyes like Pitch (though it works on him since he's scary). I just read on tvtropes yesterday, actually, that this makes sense because in the vitabu Jack and Pitch are aliens. Humanoid ones, but still alien. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
UnholyNoise commented…
His voice doesn't match him at all -- it sounds way too old for such a young-looking guy imo. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I find Facilier pretty damn attractive as far as animated guys go. As naveen said, "He was very charismatic!"
dimitri_ commented…
That's exactly what I used to say lol zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
yES! Somebody else who thinks Facilier is hot! :D zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
ajotma commented…
True! His purple eyes are pretty cool, and he's got the moves. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
People always seem to think that Wreck-It Ralph should have won the Oscar for best animated film instead of Brave. I will admit that Brave is definitely inferior to such an incredible movie like Wreck-It Ralph. However, I don't think either of them should have won. I think Rise of The Guardians is definitely the film that should have won over both of them. The writing, pacing, characters, animation, and villain is much better than Wreck-It Ralph, and especially better than Brave. I think it's an even bigger disgrace that such a brilliant film like Rise of The Guardians wasn't even nominated for best animated film. I'm more angry about that than I am about Brave beating Wreck-It Ralph.
324anna commented…
I completely agree. Rise of the Guardians was simply amazing. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
cruella commented…
I think Rise of the Gaurdians and Wreck-it-Ralph and equally good movies, Wreck-it Ralph is zaidi my cup of tea. But I agree that Rise of Gaurdians should have at least been nominated, and one of them should have won. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita uploaded900 said…
My favorite Don Bluth film is All Dogs go to Heaven. It was one of my favorite movies as a kid! Most people have Anastasia as their favorite, but I just think it's an okay movie. (although I love the songs!) I think All Dogs go to Heaven is amazing
324anna commented…
I haven't seen in a while, but I remember I used to upendo it. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I love Dreamworks almost as much as I love Disney.
UnholyNoise commented…
I upendo their 2D stuff zaidi than I upendo Disney. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I just have to laugh when I hear people criticize DuckTales by saying: Launchpad is sexist because he flirts with women therefore he veiws them as sex objects, or Webby is a lame one dimensional character because she's the token chick, or Scrooge is mean and greedy and promotes greed, yet they never have anything thing negitive to say about the boys. In my personal opinion Huey, Dewey and Louie are much worse about all of these things then the three characters above. I don't see how Launchpad flirting or showing of to girls makes him sexist he's never shown looking down on them. Where as the boys say outright sexist things to girls, like constantly telling Webby she can't play/work with them because she's a girl. Really? I know Webby isn't a super complex character but she has much more depth the boys. She's a girly girl who loves adventure, and can keep up with the boys, and is shy but also is quite willing to stand up for herself and her friends well it calls for it. The boys on the other hand are your basic, prankster, adventurous kids. I'm not denying that Scrooge is greedy and does have his mean moments, but with him it's show as a FLAW that he's ashamed of and trying to overcome. And many of the times he's been accused of being greedy I have to disagree agree with. Like I don't see how it's greedy of him to rather give someone a job, than throw money them they haven't earned. The boys are at least as greedy as Scrooge in my opinion. They constantly nag Scrooge to raise their allowance even though he's told them if they do their chores they can have more money, they tell their best friend Doofus that if he wants to help with the lemonade stand he needs to pay them, they nag Mrs. Beakley for money until she pays them to leave her alone, and while Scrooge is sick in the hospital they take over his business in an effort to become rich and loose all the money. No wonder Scrooge's biggest fear was that they only loved him for his money. Like I stated above I'm well aware of Scrooge's greed, the difference between him and the boys is that the boys greed and meanness is shown as being cute and funny, which to is much worse then Scrooge's being shown as a flaw. Sorry about the rant, I had to get this off my chest.
KataraLover commented…
I had a feeling this confession would inevitably onyesha up. I definitely agree with you! I'm starting to dislike them the zaidi I think about them. I mean, the other characters get criticisms for the same things the boys do but they don't get any complaints. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
324anna commented…
I really dislike these three. I hate it when sinema au shows make children completel assholes, but no one complains about it, because "they're just kids". I understand that it's normal for young children to be immature and sometimes rude au mean, but there's a to that. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
UnholyNoise commented…
This is where I hate people overanalyzing pop culture. I once heard there was an academic paper criticizing Thomas (you know, the onyesha about the blue train) because it enforced rigid gender roles. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
While Disney ladies are gorgeous, the animators stick to this standarish Disney house style which I get bored with a bit. And there are so many beautiful animated girls outside of Disney. Dreamworks probably have my favorite look.
dimitri_ commented…
Though I'm a Disney shabiki zaidi than any of the other big companies :P zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
UnholyNoise commented…
I agree, except wher their CGI stuff is concerned. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
ajotma commented…
I upendo the range of looks that Dreamworks ladies have, especially the 2d heroines are beautiful zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
UnholyNoise commented…
^ me too! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Aside from Rise of the Guardians and maybe Shrek, I really don't care for Dreamworks' CGI films.
Aang_Lite commented…
I can agree with that to an extent. Though I do upendo HTTYD zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Aang_Lite said…
I think it might be unpopular on here, but i love Astrid from How to Train Your Dragon, and I think it's the second best movie Dreamworks has produced. Prince of Egypt is the first.
dimitri_ commented…
Those are some of my faves as well and finally someone else who likes Astrid. It's definitely understandable why people dislike her but I feel she is a bit misunderstood, that might just be me though. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Aang_Lite commented…
^I just think a lot of people ignore the subtle character developement she goes through and see her just as this rude obnoxious girl who all of a sudden becomes the upendo interest. Theres zaidi to the character than that, but people just tend to ignore that au not look for it in the first place. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Odette and Derek from The Swan Princess are basically Aurora and Phillip DONE RIGHT!
UnholyNoise commented…
This is so true. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
cruella commented…
Very true! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
deedragongirl commented…
100% agree! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Here's a confession I made on the Disney Princess confessions that I'm just going to add here.

"I'm not sure if this is unpopular opinion or not but whenever I'm debating, I'm never really trying to change someones opinion, especially since I know that I'm likely not to. Anyway I've changed someones opinion it's always a surprise to me. I'm just trying to share my point of view, I'm usually blunt about it that makes it seem rude but I'm not trying to be rude. Usually if I meet someone on Fanpop who agrees with everything I say (which only happened with two users) it freaks me out. Luckily, I find plenty of differences between us, which makes me relieved. I think most people would be happy to have someone who agrees with them on everything but I really don't. I mean, that's basically like just being with me and I don't want to be with me, I'M WITH ME ALL THE TIME! I love hearing different opinions and sharing different opinions because they can tell me something I've never thought of or I could be sharing with them something they've never thought about."
cruella commented…
Yeah it would be really boring if everybody agreed on everything. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
UnholyNoise commented…
While I think it's great that there are people here who share my opinions on characters/movies/whatever, I agree that I also like the diversity of opinion here as long as people aren't being completely stupid au disrespectful about it. Actually seeing people reason out why they like au dislike something in these groups has sort of made me rethink how I've felt about a lot of characters au at least understand why some people will go out of their way to defend them. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I actually find Cruella De Vil to be quite beautiful in her own way. She's definitely not a traditional beauty like the Disney Princesses; or even some other villainesses like Vannessa or The Evil Queen. But I still find her to be quite attractive, to me she has a different, edgey, and almost harsh beauty to her.
KataraLover commented…
Well, wewe know what they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Ironic because I think both live-action versions of her (the live-action remake version and the Once Upon A Time version) are beautiful and I think the animated version of her is hideous. I upendo Cruella but I don't find her attractive. But to each their own. I mean, I think Anastasia Tremaine is unconventionally beautiful, so I definitely get what wewe mean. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
AdelitaI commented…
I find Governor Ratcliffe attractive so I can understand you. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I like Jane Porter but I think she's pretty overrated in the fandom.
cruella commented…
I agree with you. I think she's a good, funny character, but a little overrated. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
AudreyFreak commented…
agreed. I'm pretty surprised kwa all the upendo considering heroines who are similar to her get ignored au hated on. you;d think people would hate her for being prim and a 'damsel'. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
UnholyNoise commented…
She's great but not one of my vipendwa au anything. I feel like I'd have to rewatch Tarzan, which I havn't seen in forever, to say anything else. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MalloMar commented…
I don't really see her talked about all that much, but I guess I'm an oblivious Jane fan. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ajotma said…
I think Atlantis: The Lost Empire is one of Disney's most diverse films in terms of characters, especially female characters, and I wish the characters were more appreciated.
324anna commented…
YES. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
UnholyNoise commented…
i agree so much with this! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Elsa is NOT as dutiful as people think she is. Not only does she run away from her problems and never faces them, but she did that before she revealed her powers. "But it's only for today," NO IT'S NOT ELSA! You're the QUEEN, you're going to have to talk to and see people because that's part of your duties as QUEEN! She can't just be crowned at her coronation and just never have to deal with any duties but that's exactly what she thinks she can do. I'm afraid it doesn't work that way and it shows that she's not dutiful.
cruella commented…
I respectfully disagree. I know that she has flaws and that she tries to run from her fears but I think in the end she finds her courage. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Not exactly a CAMH opinion, but Nostalgia Critic's reviews can be such a hot mess sometimes. Yeah, I get that they're just his opinions, but sometimes he dresses them up in rhetoric that makes no sense. Like part of why he didn't especially like The Road to El Dorado is because it was too pretty, and pretty animation doesn't lend itself well to comedy; it should be saved for serious, epic stuff like The Prince of Egypt or something. Wtf. And then he goes on to gush over things like Bee Movie, a movie that sucks on a billion levels and has a totally ridiculous unworkable plot. Ignoring that movie's gaping flaws while ripping on a movie for being too pretty is just weird imo -- if you don't like El Dorado, go ahead, but that logic fails.
cruella commented…
Well I'm not going to fault someone for disliking a movie that is well done and preferring one that isn't as well done, that's just personal taste. I mean I upendo the movie Hercules zaidi than the movie The Little Mermaid. But I don't try to prentend that it's a better film because I know it's got flaws, and thats where I fault him with a lot of his reviews. Pretending that a film is better just because he prefers it. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
UnholyNoise commented…
^ That's what I was trying to say. Like if he viscerally just hates some film and prefers another for no reason at all, that's totally his prerogative. I don't care that he doesn't upendo The Road to El Dorado, even if it's one of my personal favorites, but he should just admit straight up that's why he hates it instead of trying so hard to intellectualize his preferences, especially when they make zero logical sense. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
cruella commented…
^Yeah, I do agree with that. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Yeah that's the biggest problem with this dude. He doesn't know when to be subjective au objective when reviewing movies. When he dislikes a movie he screams how it's overrated and doesn't get the hype (Lion King, Big Hero 6), but look how he went obsessive fanboy over Frozen. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I know people are going to disagree with me on this but I think Hercules is a genuinely bad movie but it's a bad movie that I like. I enjoy the music, the villain, most of the characters, and the animation is beautiful (though the designs suck). Hercules himself is okay but he's pretty much a meathead that has no common sense and relies too much on his strength and never learns to use his head, even though Phil keeps on telling him to. Shouldn't he know after the first time he did it that cutting the head of the hydra wasn't going to work? Plus those dang plot holes and bad story writing really makes it a bad movie but it's one that I enjoy. It's not something that's in my top 50 favorite Disney movies but I still enjoy it a lot but I admit that it's a genuinely bad movie.
UnholyNoise commented…
It's charming but terrible imo. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
While I do admit that it's flawed, I think Thumbelina is actually a genuinely good movie. The characters are likable (aside from that STUPID bird), the animation is beautiful, the songs are fantastic, the score is gorgeous, the couple has chemistry, and a lot of the "flaws" comes from the fact that it's a fairy-tale that relies on emotion instead of logic. But that's not to say that there aren't still some problems with the movie but not to the point where I would call it bad. Plus a lot of it does come from the fact that Don Bluth was being forced to hurry his movies up and was struggling financially. While it's no Anastasia or Swan Princess, it's still genuinely good in my opinion.
I honestly think Ducktales would be better if it didn't have Huey, Dewey, and Louie. I personally prefer them with Donald than I do with Scrooge, plus they're just really annoying in Ducktales (though not as much as in Quack Pack). I mean, Scrooge is already a well-established character and I think both Webby and Launchpad are good character in it of themselves. Plus I think Goldie should be part of the main cast too, since it would get rid of the whole "token chick" complaint that Webby gets. I mean, the four of them are so unique and likable. Scrooge is a greedy miser but he still has a heart and wants to overcome his flaws, Webby is definitely girly but is still adventurous and is just as (if not more) competent than the boys, Launchpad is definitely an idiot but has a good heart and shows that while he is incompetent can also be competent, and Goldie is an old woman but is also a badass that definitely shows you're only as old as you feel. Huey, Dewey, and Louie are just the standard, mischievous pranksters that don't even have individual personalities. Much like Donald, I don't think they belong in a serious story like Ducktales. I wish the reboot would not have them and would just have Scrooge, Webby, Launchpad, and Goldie in it but it's not going to, obviously.
cruella commented…
^I agree. All four of them are very unique characters, with good three dimentional personalities. The boys aren't bad characters but they're pretty bland and are better off in the Disney shorts. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Please don't hate me for this. Lol. I've never understood why the Disney Princess franchise is so popular. I don't dislike it or anything, but I think there are Disney franchises that are much more interesting than it is, and get a lot less attention. Like Mickey Mouse and Friends, Muppets, Disney Villains, and Pixar; have IMO a lot more diversity in thier characters, and characters that are a lot more complex. But that's just my personal opinion.
uploaded900 commented…
As much as I'm fond of the DP franchise, it can seem a little bit shallow zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
AudreyFreak commented…
little girls upendo princesses. princesses make lots of money. also, most of the DPs are in some of Disney's most maarufu films of all time (Cinderella, BATB, Tangled, TLM, etc.). zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
UnholyNoise commented…
I've never found Pixar diverse au especially complex imo -- a lot of it just seems like rehashings of the same "main protag and buddy (most often dudes, btw) go on some sort of journey together" story arc. but i feel wewe on the rest. i'm guessing the DP franchise is maarufu because of marketablity + nostalgia to a degree that a lot of the other franchises wewe mention can't match. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I like the princesses, yeah, but I often feel the other Disney characters get overshadowed kwa them. But i'm not really surprised for the princesses to be maarufu considering their films are some of the most maarufu Disney movies, and there's a timeless factor in the princesses- a little girl in 2015 can enjoy Snow White as much as a little girl did back in 1937. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I personally like Shanti better in the sequel to The Jungle Book than I do in the original. She has more of a three-dimensional personality. She's responsible and she does fear the jungle (for obvious reasons) but she also has a fun and sassy personality and tries to overcome her fear in order to help a friend (even if the friend is mad at her). I never understood why people disliked her so much but loved her in the original movie. She was just a plot device in the original and was just there to lure Mowgli into the village in a way that makes him seem very shallow and emotionless about leaving his home. In the sequel she has an actual identity.
I don't understand the huge deal people make over Kida. She seems so bland and boring to me, a generic warrior princess who is the Chosen One. I wanted to MBTI type her and can't think of any real personality traits beyond "mysterious" at best. I was a kid when the movie I wanted to be her but then I realized it was only because she's a princess. I had tried to like her personality but found Helga and Audrey more interesting. I think most people just like her because 1) she's not a DP, which makes her hipster-cool 2) she's a fighter princess and 3) she's non-white, which the tumblr fans love.
KataraLover commented…
She's dedicated to her people and her culture, which is shown with her trying all that she can to keep their culture from dying and her people from struggling. She wants to save the future of her culture and people. That's what people upendo about her. The fact that she's dutiful to her culture and her people. Plus she's kind, caring, sassy, witty, wise, adventurous, curious, brave, strong, selfless, passionate, naive, clever, and compassionate towards others. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
UnholyNoise commented…
^ This. I've always found her dedication to her people and toward perserving her civilization and its way of life admirable -- and I personally I wish zaidi of the her mashabiki would emphasize this trait -- alot of heroines can kick punda and take names, but what Kida does to protect her culture is a bit zaidi uncommon imo. And I upendo Audrey, too - they're both among my inayopendelewa CAMHs. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
324anna commented…
I agree with what KataraLover and UnholyNoise alisema about her, but for some reason, I could never really...get her. I don't know for some reason, I just can't help but find her personality pretty boring. I need to watch the movie again, so that I can see if I still feel like something is missing from her personality that will make her interesting to me. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Aurora isn't as mysterious as people would like to believe. When I think of a mysterious character I think of characters like Black Widow from The Avengers movies. I mean, we know her personality but we didn't know her past until Age of Ultron. It explains why she is the way she is but still left us wanting more. People say Aurora is three-dimensional and mysterious because we have to guess what her personality is and basically project themselves onto her. She's basically a blank slate. Not knowing much about her personality doesn't make her mysterious or three-dimensional, it's actually the exact opposite and it more bad writing in my opinion. Aurora does have a personality but it's one-dimensional. If I didn't know better, I'd say that's why people hate the Keys To The Kingdom version of her where they give her a three-dimensional personality, which means they can no longer guess what her personality is or project themselves onto her. I even saw someone on youtube actually admit that they love Aurora so much because she's a blank slate.
cruella commented…
I agree. I've always thought she was kind of one dimentional and overrated. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
AudreyFreak commented…
^most people dont even know her name au have seen her movie. how can she possibly be overrated? zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
KataraLover commented…
Aurora has won an award as the 12th most maarufu Disney heroine (including Pixar and live-action characters), is featured ins TONS of merchandise and theme parks, and I've seen tons of people defend how she has a personality and just upendo her so. She's not HUGELY overrated kwa any means but she's definitely overrated. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
AudreyFreak commented…
that probably was awhile back. nobody I know knows who she is. well, my best friend does, but only because I made her watch it with me. little girls certainly don't know what her movie's about. they defend her personality because people always call her dull au accuse her of being a Mary Sue. If anything it's zaidi overrated to hate on her. she doesn't have near as big a fanbase as Punz, Ariel, Belle, Mulan, Rapunzel, Cinderella, au even Snow. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
How to Train your Dragon 2 was a better movie than the first film (though the first film has better music). The story is more engaging and original than the first one who's super cliched. The big problem for me in the second film is that many interesting secondary characters fall short of characterization (Valka and Drago mostly) due to giving more screen time to Hiccup. And yeah, I know he's the protagonist, but It feels a little weird that we have Astrid who was a feisty warrior in the first film be turned into the passive supporting girlfriend who has no story of her own here (and i don't like Astrid in te original, but whatever).

Hiccup's mom is an interesting and complex character (is she a bad mother by leaving her family behind? was she doing good by staying with the dragons?) but she stops doing anything important to the story the moment Stoick dies. You'd think a character with such presence as her would do something engaging by the end of the film, but nope, she does nothing.
I've always thought Jane Porter was kind of overrated in the looks department. To me she looks pretty plain, and even homely in some shots. I mean she's got thin choppy hair, and kind of weird perportions to her facial features.
324anna commented…
I upendo her as a character and I find her beautiful, but then again, I find beautiful the majority of animated females, so that doesn't say much. I agree that she's overrated in the looks department, her eyes are lovely, but besides that, I never really got why people found her so gorgeous. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
KataraLover commented…
I think she's overrated in the looks department too. She's beautiful but also REALLY weird looking. She's far from stunning au gorgeous. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
UnholyNoise commented…
I think she's attractive, though I find most characters attractive to some degree. My personal preference is for heroines who aren't really designed to be conventionally beautiful; to me, they're actually zaidi interesting to look at. Like I've always found Belle and Ariel quite boring appearance-wise. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita