Childhood Animated Movie Heroines Unpopular CAMH Opinions/Confessions

cruella posted on Nov 07, 2014 at 08:23PM
This is very similar to the one on the Disney Princess club, except here you can say your unpopular opinion about any of the CAMH characters or movie. Please state your opinion in a polite way, and when you're replying to someone please be polite, even if you disagree with their opinion.

Here is a link to the original forum: link
last edited on Nov 19, 2014 at 07:52PM

Childhood Animated Movie Heroines 243 majibu

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 201-243 of 243

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita KataraLover said…
It might sound weird, but I don't count designs and (somewhat) movements as part of animation. When I think of animation I think of things like the colors of the background and characters, the shadows, the lighting, and effects. I rant designs of characters and other things like that to be part of more of the drawing style rather than animation. I hate the drawing style of Hercules, but I do think the animation is beautiful. With movements, I consider it part of the animation but also not at the same time. I know many are going to disagree with me on this (or are probably confused by what I'm trying to say) but it's just my opinion.
I LOVE Tara Strong but I don't care much for her singing voice. She has a good voice, but it's nothing really all that special. It's an ordinary range, is kind of childish sounding (even when she's not voicing a child), and doesn't have anything unique about it besides just sounding pleasant. Her speaking voice talents are AMAZING with SO MUCH RANGE and it's definitely her strong suit. She's voiced many beloved characters like Timmy Turner, Ben Tennyson, Bubbles, Melody, Barbra Gordon/Batgirl, Harley Quinn (The video games and the DC Super Hero Girls web series), Dil Pickles, Raven, Ingrid Third and many others. There are many voice actresses and singers in general with MUCH better singing voices than her and I honestly don't see why people think her singing voice is so amazing. Her voice acting, EXTRAORDINARY but her singing is just good and nothing special.
cruella commented…
I agree. Her imba is pretty good but nothing special. But her voice uigizaji is amazing. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita cruella said…
I think that people confuse a character being a Mary Sue/Gary Stu with being a bad thing. I mean there are plenty of characters that have few to no flaws, like Snow White and Cinderella, that I love and that I can relate to because of the problems they face. It's true that, I prefer flawed characters with harsh personalities, but the fact that a character has few flaws doesn't automatically make me hate them.
KataraLover commented…
I don't think just because a character is a Mary Sue au a Gary Stu that they're automatically bad, but they're usually not as interesting as the zaidi flawed ones. Plus, other qualities that give Mary Sues and Gary Stus a bad repuation is because they're made to look like they can do no wrong, things come to easily to them no matter how ridiculous it is, and can even steal the spotlight from other characters that rarely get the chance to shine. A good example of this is Bloom from Winx Club! I think Mary Sues and Gary Stus can be likable but it depends on how they're done. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I've been meaning to post this unpopular opinion for a while and I'm finally going to say it. Melody does NOT blame others for bad things that happen to her. I haven't just heard that here on Fanpop, but also on other sites and really this isn't AT ALL shown in her movie. Where the hell did she even blame others, other than telling Morgana that she tricked her? When her party becomes a disaster she doesn't blame Sebastian or Chef Louis. She even says these exact quotes to her mother while crying: "What's wrong with me?" and "Mom, I'm the princess of disaster!". So far not seeing her as blaming others for her problems. Well, there is when she discovers the locket has her name on it and Ariel reprimands her for going into the sea..... Where she again DOESN'T blame anyone but asks her mother why the locket has her name on it and realizes she's hiding something, but Ariel just changes the subject by saying she disobeyed her.

Not seeing Melody really blaming anyone where, since she's just pointing out the obvious (Ariel is hiding something from her) and asking a reasonable question anyone in her situation would ask but received no answer. Melody has a perfectly good reason for being upset with Ariel because she's hiding something from her, refuses to tell her about it, and changes the subject to Melody disobeying her. I know Ariel has her reasons, but Melody is in the right here and isn't blaming ANYONE! She wanted answers and as far as she knew at that point, no one was going to tell her something important that she had the right to know.

Yes, she does betray her mother and gives the trident to Morgana, but she was mad and not thinking clearly. Ariel had been lying to her for her entire life, especially since it involved something related to her love of the sea and mermaids. Her lack of trust was understandable, plus she's twelve-years-old for crying out loud! When they're mad at their parents, they go against them without thinking clearly and for MUCH LESSER justifiable reasons than Melody. She admits to Flounder that everything is her fault and doesn't blame anyone. She at first got mad at Morgana for tricking her, but soon realized that it was really her own fault. So one time equals her constantly blaming others? BULL CRAP! She even fixes her mistakes by defeating Morgana (with the help of Triton in the end) and apologizes because she realizes her mistake.

I respect other peoples opinion, but I've heard this argument several times (not only on Fanpop but other sites as well) and I'm sorry, but it isn't an opinion when there is NOTHING shown in the movie where she displays this behavior, so it's completely FALSE. A lot of this comes from fans of Ariel that just don't like it when there is a character that doesn't 100% agree with her or go along with her way of thinking. I ADORE Ariel, but don't demonize other characters like Melody or Triton (a confession I've already made) just because they don't agree with her. I don't expect everyone to like Melody just because I do, but don't make up reasons to hate her that are NEVER shown in the movie.
cruella commented…
I agree, she doesn't blame anyone else for her problems. I hate it when people make up reasons to hate a character. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I don't think that the Loonatics Unleashed is really a bad show at all. Admittedly, it's nothing fantastic and is definitely flawed, but it's definitely not the worst Looney Tunes product (Either Looney Tunes Back In Action or the new Looney Tunes show holds that title). I may be nostalgic for the show but I'm not blind to its flaws at all and can think of plenty, but not to the point where I think it's awful or even bad like a lot of people think. It's fun and enjoyable with a likable cast that are descendants of Bugs Bunny, Lola Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tasmanian Devil, Wile E. Coyote, and Road Runner. Plus cheesy puns are my guilty pleasure (DON'T JUDGE ME)! It has some interesting ideas and really just needed different writers for this show to make it stronger, but it was still enjoyable. So I guess the best way I can describe the show in only a few words would be flawed but fun.
I'm sure that I'm going to get a lot of hate for this one, but it's a confession I've been meaning to make for a while. I don't understand this trend among Disney fans, especially ones who don't like the villains, to claim that Cruella is THE most evil (not just Disney) villain ever because of her animal cruelty. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to excuse her, or say that she's a nice person by any means. But really, when I just compare her to other Disney villains I can think of serval that come across a more evil then she does. I'm mean you've got Frollo, who wanted to kill a whole race of people, Shan-Yu, who enjoyed torturing people, The Evil Queen, who tried to kill out of envy.

If somebody's going to say that animal cruelty is their main reason for claiming that she's the most evil, okay that's their opinion and I respect it. I do have a question though, why isn't Edgar from the Aristo Cats so evil, I mean he poisons cats, steals them, and leaves them to die for money? But when ever I've mentioned him everybody just seems to like him, and not be bothered by his animal cruelity, because 'he's funny". Like I said, I respect everyone's opinion but some constancy and reasons for those opinions would be nice.

Sorry for the rant I just had to get that off my chest.
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
KataraLover commented…
Really? She's the most evil because of animal cruelty? Other examples of villains zaidi evil than her that wewe didn't name are Maleficent for cursing a new born baby because she was snubbed at a party, Pitch Black trying to ruin joy for children (and likely adults too) and even willing to kill a child (Jamie), Eris that says her moyo is black and causes chaos for fun and enjoys every moment of it, Rasputin for murdering an entire family and even tried to kill Anastasia kwa using her own family in a dream, Ursula that tricked insecure merpeople into deals they couldn't come through and turned them into plants just for the fun of it, and many more! Edgar isn't even funny and is an absolutely PATHETIC villain! He wasn't even smart enough to know that Cats don't really have nine lives and he would likely have the money in order to make sure they were taken care of. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
KataraLover commented…
Cruella at least had style, intelligence, and enjoyability. She's evil and doesn't have one drop of goodness in her but there are FAR zaidi evil villains out there! Plus, she's AWESOME! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
cruella commented…
Yeah, there's a group of people that don't like the Disney Villains, particularly Cruella, and they always throw that week argument out about her being the most evil because of animal cruelty. But, I guess they’re fine with wimpy villains like Edgar who don’t pose much of a threat, and just find him funny. Yes, she definitely evil there’s no denying that, but there are much zaidi evil villains out there. The only time I might argue, that it briefly hinted, she had a drop of good in her, was in Patches London Adventure when she seems to be trying to get rid of her fur, manyoya addiction, but of course that’s not saying much. lol And yeah all those villains wewe mentioned are much zaidi evil then she is. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Here's an unpopular opinion I've been meaning to make for a while. I'm sick of this trend among DuckTales fans of absolutely demonizing Launchpad to make Scrooge look good and excuse his harsh behavior. Of course he's been accused of being a reverse snob for a while, but now they're claiming that he's a leech and gold digger, is too stupid to live, and does nothing but cause problems.

First of all: A rerseve snob is someone who looks down on a another person for being better off than they are. Nothing in Launchpad's personality would indicate that he's that way. The one minor incident that always mention is what is supposed to be an awkward moment where he says Scrooge can get away with wearing a weird looking outfit because he's rich.

As far a him being a leech and gold digger, again, where in his personality does it hint that he's like that? He definitely isn't shown trying to sweet talk Scrooge into giving him money, unlike Huey, Dewey and Louie. In the episode Launchpad first crash he's shown lowering his flying fee for Scrooge because he was desperate for a costumer, and hasn't asked for any raises in all the years they worked together.

And as far as him being too stupid to live and doing nothing but causing problems, you're partially right. Yes he is arguably "stupid", and clumsy because he's the comic relief, which does sometimes cause problems. But he's also very competent in other areas and saves the day sometimes, like in the episodes Top Duck, and Where No Duck Has Gone Before. Also he's not the only character whose flaws have caused problems for the group. Scrooge's greed and temper, and Huey, Dewey and Louie's irresponsibly have also cause problems.

You guys all know how much I adore Scrooge, so take it from me, demonizing his friends doesn't excuse his flaws.
KataraLover commented…
Yeah, I HATE when people demonize characters just to make others look good. Like how people demonize Triton to make Ariel look good, and coming from someone wewe know ADORES Ariel wewe know that's saying something. Launchpad doesn't even seem to care much about money but is zaidi interested in the adventure of his job. I don't seem to hear any complaints about Gizmoduck who is always asking for a raise from Scrooge when he should've been fired a LONG time ago! Webby in the short time she was in the Gizmoduck suit showed how much zaidi useful and competent she was using it than he did in the entire time in the onyesha he had it. Yeah, and the boys never seem to get complaints for always asking for money and even would have their friend pay them for helping them with their maji ya limau, lemonade stand. The hell? zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
KataraLover commented…
As for too stupid to live, when I think of too stupid to live characters I think of someone like Dez from Austin and Ally au Fred from the Fred videos. Launchpad may be dumb but is a lot smarter than some characters I know, along with even some people I know in real life. The boys and Gizmoduck have caused MUCH zaidi problems than he ever did. Even with characters I don't like I try not to demonize in order to make them look worse than they actually are. Like when I used to hate Naveen and I tried not to demonize him like I used to. Years zamani I pretended a frog I dissected in high school was him and that he didn't deserve to live. Obviously, I had issues. Even before I stopped hating Naveen I tried not to make him out to be worse than he was. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
KataraLover commented…
I know that people have the right to a different opinion from others but if there is nothing that shows the character being what they claim to be it's pathetic and just makes them wrong, which I try not to say about peoples opinions unless it's something like this. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita PreTeenFan said…
Helga G. Pataki( after her makeover) is really beautiful!
KataraLover commented…
I think so too! I never thought she was ugly but she wasn't a beauty kwa any means. But after her nameover in the Valentines siku episode (and the episode where she dreams about being married to Arnold) is shows she can be beautiful (By the uhuishaji styles standards) with a change of hair style and plucking that unibrow. She was so pretty even Arnold didn't recognize her. Even if she wasn't pretty, she's still an amazing character and one of my personal inayopendelewa fictional characters! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I'm honestly not too surprised when people don't refer to Aurora by her actual name and just call her Sleeping Beauty. This is probably because of my personal opinion, but I think it's because she is one of the most forgettable protagonists in Disney history. Yes, they do say her name constantly in the first song (Hail to the Princess Aurora) but how many people do you know that are humming that song like they do Once Upon A Dream? If it wasn't for the Disney Princess franchise she'd likely be completely forgotten. People usually think about the Three Good Fairies and Maleficent when they hear about Sleeping Beauty but not Aurora. Also, a reason for little kids who probably don't remember her name likely don't know whether to call her Aurora or Briar Rose (or Rose for short) because she's more often called that than she is Aurora in the movie. I think it's because she's just not very memorable as a character that people call her Sleeping Beauty and not Aurora. I mean, people know Ariel and call her by her name and don't call her The Little Mermaid. Why? Because even if you like Aurora more, you can't deny that Ariel is a more memorable character. There are characters I like more than others but still admit that they aren't as memorable as certain characters I don't like. I DESPISE Peter Pan but I know he's more memorable than say Taran from The Black Cauldron. But this is all just my opinion.
cruella commented…
It doesn't surprise me either. I called her Sleeping Beauty for a long time as a kid. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita UnholyNoise said…
I don't want to be the ship police - like, I won't tell people what to ship or give anyone shit for it - but personally, because this *is* a confessions page, can I just admit how gross it is to me that people ship Moses and Rameses together? To the point where your odds of finding any fanfiction that isn't those two going at it are close to 0? Even if they aren't really blood brothers, they grew up believing they were. And people are writing them into romantic scenes before Moses even finds out he's not related to him. It's not technically incest, but it's close enough to be weird to me.
uploaded900 commented…
That's just nasty. Just because they're not biological brothers, it doesn't mean it's technically incest zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
BB2010 commented…
I’ve always hated it when people ship siblings and adopted siblings, it’s so gross zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Anime is OVERRATED and has A LOT of annoying fans!
uploaded900 commented…
Yeah it's mashabiki are hella annoying ,there are a lot of ship wars, and at there is a lot of it is trash, but there are some gems zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
BB2010 commented…
Wow thanks :p zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
KataraLover commented…
^ I made this post when I was getting attacked kwa a lot of crazed anime fans. Not all of them are annoying but a lot of the ones I've met have been. I've meant plenty of good ones, though. wewe being one of them @BB2010. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
BB2010 commented…
I didn’t take offense since wewe wrote this a mwaka zamani and I hadn’t come back yet :p zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Not to be on a trend of hating on anime, but I think anime is MUCH worse as promoting unhealthy images for females than Disney ever did. This can't be said for all animes, of course, but have you seen some of the women? I've seen some pictures of anime women that would make Jessica Rabbit look flat chested! That's right! I mean, look at the picture I added! She looks absolutely RIDICULOUS and shouldn't even be able to stand up! I've seen some women that have Ariel, Rapunzel, Anna, Elsa, and some of the other Disney women but I've NEVER seen a woman that looks as ridiculous as some anime women. The only Disney heroines whose bodies I've never seen in real life are Jasmine (Unless she was anorexic), Megara (Unless she was an anorexic close to death), and Jessica Rabbit.

More people should be complaining about the way a lot of anime women are drawn than they should the Disney heroines, particularly the princesses. Even in Sailor Moon (While they don't have boobs twice the size of Jessica Rabbits or asses so big that even Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj would say looked ridiculous) the characters are meant to be 14-years-old and yet they're very sexualized in their outfits, poses, and of course the transformation sequence. I know not all animes are this bad and I even think Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist is both one of the most beautiful animated women EVER and the absolute SEXIEST, though even someone named LUST is more conservative than some other anime women I've seen.
 Not to be on a trend of hating on anime, but I think anime is MUCH worse as promoting unhealthy image
ajotma commented…
True. Fanservice anime boobies really irk me. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
cruella commented…
Yeah, anime bodies are a lot zaidi over the juu and unrealistic than Disney. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
BB2010 commented…
I agree there’s anime out there that are really gross about shabiki service, but there’s anime out there that are written kwa women and all the characters have realistic body types. One anime I absolutely adore is called Fullmetal Alchemist. It was written kwa a woman and there’s barely any shabiki service at all and the main character has a disability. It’s an amazing series and I highly recommend it zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
KataraLover commented…
I've seen Fullmetal Alchemist and I ADORE it! My inayopendelewa character is Lust and she's one of the MANY reasons I prefer the 2003 version over the 2009 version. I upendo that kupanda SO MUCH! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita uploaded900 said…
I'm not bothered by Megara's body at all. The style is very angular and geometric so it would make sense her body looks like that. Besides there are some styles where some people look like noodle people and I never hear anyone complaining about male characters being "unrealistically thin promoting unhealthy body types." Also even if she's super skinny, at least her body doesn't look totally disproportionate. I see these characters with really tiny waists and skinny arms, but have really wide hips, big boobs and thick thighs (having thighs thicker than your waist is physically impossible).
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita uploaded900 said…
Speaking of appearances (and maybe this has been confessed before), I don't find the cookie cutter (aka huge eyes and small nose) look attractive. It looks boring and makes the characters look kind of creepy sometimes, especially with Frozen girls who's eyes look like they bug out and have pinched in noses. I personally would love to see more heroines with bigger noses that are considered attractive, but too bad a lot of sexist animators are cowards that are too afraid of giving the ladies "unflattering'' or different features when the males have more diverse faces - attractive or not, so we have to see the same old bland features. What I like about the classic Disney era was that the princess had proportional eyes. Hell even Snow White who was supposed to be an innocent, angelic beauty had normal eyes that were the same size as the prince's (too bad a lot of people complain about how small they were). I really like how they didn't give Pocahontas that cookie cutter look.
WARNING: This turned out longer than I expected it to be and I know people will disagree with me... Well... Mainly the Frozen fans.

I think that The Princess and the Frog objectively has a better soundtrack than Frozen. What do I mean by that? Well, first of all, before I explain, let's forget how Frozen's soundtrack has been EVERYWHERE in the past. Also, I don't hate or dislike Frozen, it's MAJORLY overrated but good. The reason The Princess and the Frog's soundtrack is better is that it suits the style of its movie better than Frozen's songs do with its movie. It's set in New Orleans and the instrumental style is jazz and not just that, Dig A Little Deep has a gospel style to it, which is popular among the black community. Ray's song with his family fits with the Cajun style that is known in the Louisiana bayou and is used to help to help guide our heroes through this strange world (especially after Louis got them lost). Even the short opening of The Evening Star fits in with the concept of wishing on stars in the movie. They're a lot of fun and personally got me invested into the movie because they sucked me into New Orleans and its musical style.

Frozen's songs are great too (With two or three exceptions) but I think the musical style didn't fit the movie. I don't feel like the instrumental style is too modern or poppy like a lot of people do. The great songs felt like the typical timeless instrumental music you'd hear in fairy-tale movies and I think it's the kind of instrumental style that Tangled's song should've had (Except for the reprise of Mother Knows Best). However, it missed a HUGE opportunity to have the songs use a more Scandinavian style in its instrumental style. Like when the song opens up with a choir singing, which they also use when Elsa brings back summer and even do something similar when Elsa is crowned Queen and we see an actual choir sing. That was great and it would've worked better if the songs had that style.

The songs that aren't great, in my opinion, are Reindeers Are Better Than People, In Summer, and Fixer Upper. They really don't fit into the movie AT ALL! The reindeer song doesn't add anything in terms of story, is too short, doesn't have Jonathan Groff live up to his vocal talent, and the style is more of the pop guitar music that we got in Tangled (In the songs, anyway). In Summer is cute but doesn't really feel like it should belong in the movie but more in a Winnie the Pooh movie or something where the songs are mainly cute and fun. Fixer Upper, ignoring that the trolls are basically encouraging adultery and ignoring the seriousness of Anna's situation, is a very flawed song in quite a few ways. It's just used to force Anna and Kristoff to fall in love and make it seem even more out of nowhere, it's an odd choice to have as the last song in the movie, feels more like filler, and the gospel style REALLY doesn't fit. It worked with Dig a Little Deeper because of how gospel is popular in the black community and in New Orleans. It also worked in Hercules because gospel because of how the gospel songs were only sung by the Muses (Who I think were black, could be wrong) and they're goddesses, therefore it makes sense for them to sing a style that is used in churches, has a heavenly feeling, and goes with one of the themes of the movie (Immortality). Here it doesn't really fit at all.

I also think the songs in The Princess and the Frog transition better. Even when I fell in love with Frozen the first time I saw it (Before noticing its flaws after my second or third viewing before the hype for it went INSANE) I felt like the songs didn't transition very well. I felt like maybe they could've used the instrumental music to transition better. Like with Let It Go, when Anna leaves and we see nothing but a crazy snow storm before we get to Elsa at The North Mountain, we get the a kind of Scandinavian instrumental style music but then out of nowhere a Broadway-style instrumental music comes to have Elsa sing Let It Go. The song is amazing, but the transition didn't feel natural like with The Princess and the Frog. The songs in The Princess and the Frog managed to transition better because all of the music in the movie (Even when there aren't any songs) always keeps its style the same, so the transitions are more flowing. It never felt out of nowhere or that it didn't fit with the movie. They helped move the story along too.

Frozen's songs did move the story along too (the great ones), although the reprise of For the First Time in Forever felt kind of forced in certain ways. Like how some lines kind of shoved things down our throats like "There's so much fear!" (No sh*t Ms. Einstein). Also, I feel like the song Life's Too Short would've fit the situation better because it has Elsa confident and not afraid of her powers anymore, instead of contradicting the Let It Go scene, and moves the story along better as well as showing Anna and Elsa acting more like real sisters. But again, even that song should've had its instrumental style fit more the Scandinavian style and just let Tangled have its songs have the Broadway-style music.

I know the post is REALLY LONG and it's likely NO ONE will read all of it, let alone comment, but it's my opinion. But I do promise I didn't mean for this to end up being so long!
cruella commented…
I agree. Honestly I don't care much for the Frozen soundtrack, that might be partly because I'm sick of it, but I can see why people like it. Having alisema that it is WAY overrated! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I think the hate that Jessica Rabbit gets is pretty undeserving. Yes, she obviously wouldn't be able to exist in real life, but they established that. She even says "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way." She's comfortable with her sexuality but she never goes after other men like a slut because she's married to the man... or rabbit she loves. Roger is the one male character in the movie that never looked at or talked to/about Jessica like an attractive sex object but rather just the woman he loves. He loves her for the person she is on the inside and she's devoted to him for that and the fact that he makes her laugh. She's smart, kind, resourceful, would rather her husband think badly of her than to have him never make anyone laugh again (Which he loves to do), is willing to do anything for her husband, has a good heart, is confident, and brave. I'm not gonna act like she's the most interesting or developed character ever, but she does have a character outside of her sex appeal, even if it's not much. When I think of characters with nothing beyond their sex appeal I think of Hollie Would and the villainess from Foodfight, just off the top of my head. Much like with Lola Bunny, Jessica doesn't really do anything deserving of so much hate from what little is seen of her in the movie. People seem to have nothing to criticize her about other than her being ridiculously sexualized, which was the point.
sad
After watching the first trailer for the new DuckTales series I can't say I'm excited. It looks awful. From what I can tell they made Webby ditzy and boy-crazy. And they took elements from the Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, I just hope that's all they copied from Don Rosa.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ajotma said…
hmmm
I'm bisexual, but I'm disappointed with Disney's decision to make Le Fou allegedly "gay" in the new BatB movie. It's just described as him having a crush on Gaston and being "confused", which is really bad representation. It sucks that the first canonically LGBT character is the village idiot whose name literally means "the fool" and is the butt of every joke and basically just there to idolize Gaston. But it isn't very surprising knowing Disney's history of "queer-coding" villains.
UnholyNoise commented…
Same! I'm also bisexual, and I've been hoping for so long that Disney would finally either create a new LGBT character au confimr an existing character as LGBT, and this is such a letdown. I can't even begin to imagine the thought processes that went into this - "Hey let's make this punchline character that no one likes au cares about gay and! how about we give him some unrequited feelings for the partner who treats him like crap. That's what the gays want, isn't it? Wow, we are so progressive" Seriously wtf?? zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
KataraLover commented…
Having seen the movie and definitely keeping in mind that having the lamest character from the original movie was insulting, it really was handled fine in the movie. It wasn't anything major and they actually made Lefou a likable and redeemable character that isn't really dumb (other than not being able to spell but apparently Belle is the only bookworm in town). So it wasn't so much that they used a pathetic character to have a gay moment but tried to make him zaidi human and even sympathetic to onyesha how people who are LGBT are confused when they first accept it. Let's face it, while Gaston isn't LGBT, there are LGBT people who are jerks out there that hurt others. I'm not sure if this counts as SPOILERS but he gets a new guy that is nice. Also I think Lefou might be bisexual and not gay. So I think Disney was zaidi respectful than I thought it would be. But don't take my word for it, see it for yourself. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I don't get how people complain about Lola Bunny saying she has no personality but also love The Roadrunner when he has A LOT LESS personality than she does. Really, what else is there to The Roadrunner? He's silly and energetic/fast but that's it! He doesn't even really outsmart Wile E. Coyote, it's more of that unfair cartoon logic that for some reason will keep Roadrunner from being caught and instead have Wile E. be in pain when the plan really should've worked. It's not like when Wile E. would go up against Bugs (and would actually talk) who was clever and could out-think him without using that bull crap unfair cartoon logic. Roadrunner doesn't have anything to him other than being fast and silly. Lola doesn't have the most developed personality (except in the comic books) but she does have a personality. She's smart, sassy, independent, competent, kind, playful, a feminine tomboy, strong, confident, and athletic. I don't expect people do like her just because I do, but she has more personality than the overrated Roadrunner.
cruella commented…
Unfortunately, I think it's just reactionary people who don't like new characters added to their inayopendelewa franchise. I mean I'm always hearing complaints about Webby having "no personality" because she's the token chick, when in truth the boys are much zaidi one-dimension. I'm not saying that all people who dislike characters like Lola and Webby don't have valid reasons, but I the no personality one used a lot for token chicks and new characters. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
uploaded900 commented…
If you're talking about the movie, she was literally there to be fanservice and to be good at basketball. Also I don't have any problem with her being added to the franchise. I used to like her a lot when I was 11 zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
cruella commented…
^Personally I'm not a big a shabiki of Looney Tunes because I feel like a lot of the characters are one-dimensional one joke characters, and I think the franchise is overrated. So it bothers me when I hear people praising characters like Roadrunner au Taz for being amazing and claiming Lola has no personality when she has at least as much depth as many maarufu ones. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
uploaded900 commented…
^Well I'm not one of those people. I know a flat character when I see one. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
While I ADORE Belle, I honestly don't think she's anything special in the looks department. I think the only reason she's considered to be so gorgeous is because of how they Disney will only show the flattering pictures of Belle and her fans will only acknowledge her gorgeous shots when for a lot of the movie she's quite ordinary looking. She's beautiful, but not stunning or gorgeous in my opinion. She's so inconsistently drawn that it's almost like people can't agree on what her overall appearance is. To me, she looks like the picture I posted here. She's nothing extraordinary in the looks department in my opinion. Her facial structure is ordinary, her eyes are just round most of the time (Yeah, if you focus on how she looks in the ENTIRE movie, her eyes are round for most of the movie), her bangs are terrible, and is far from the great beauty she is made out to be in her movie. But that's just my opinion.
 While I ADORE Belle, I honestly don't think she's anything special in the looks department. I think t
cruella commented…
I pretty much agree. I think she has some great shots but is kind of plain looking. And honestly I think a lot of the other females characters in Beauty and the Beast are a lot prettier than she is. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
KataraLover commented…
I agree! I think that Babette, the Bimbettes, The Enchantress, Angelique, and even the background woman who says "Good day!' are all zaidi beautiful than her. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
ajotma commented…
Yeah, I think her hairline/bangs are kinda odd. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I've heard people say Ariel was stupid, just wanted a man, and an insult to the original Little Mermaid character but I disagree 100%. In my opinion, that description fits the original Little Mermaid better than it does Ariel. The Mermaid (I'll just call her that since she didn't have a name in the original story) didn't have that much of an interest in the human world, mild interest but not to the point where she'd desire to become human like Ariel. She fell for The Prince (Also without a name) for just his looks and nothing else and was willing to throw her life away for him. Ariel at least saw some things about Eric like his playfulness with Max, his love of music from playing the flute (or "the snarfblat"), he wasn't arrogant or conceited because he didn't care much for having a statue of himself but still was polite to Grim for giving it to him, she knew he wanted to marry for love and wanted someone adventurous, and saw how brave and selfless he was when he almost died trying to save Max. The Mermaid didn't know anything about The Prince other than his good looks but decided she must leave her family and become human just to be with him. Ariel had dreams of becoming human LONG before she saw Eric and even collected human things, so it wasn't all just for a man. Sure, there was the whole immortal soul thing with the original (which was a dumb plot point) but she only learned about that after she was already in love with the Prince and was really just a way of showing humans being superior creatures and all that crap. People say Ariel is a terrible role model that throws her life away for a man when really it was the original story that did that and was MUCH worse than anything the Disney movie did. I know I'll get hate for this but that's my opinion.
UnholyNoise commented…
I do think she's stupid (and selfish) but that's zaidi because she struck a deal with Ursula knowing her reputation, and then didn't anticipate au plan for eventually getting screwed over. But yeah, she's isn't just "trying to get a man" au whatever. She's genuinely interested in humans and human culture, and was way before she even met Eric - that collection of human stuff must have taken years to build. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
cruella commented…
Yeah, I agree. Even back when I really disliked Ariel, I thought that argument about her "just trying to get a man" was weak. I if she was so man crazy that she'd be willing to turn human for the first attractive one she saw, she would have gone after a lot of good looking mermen too. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, but I've wanting to say this for a while. Personally I think The Lion King is HIGHLY overrated. I'm not saying it's bad or that I dislike it, it's just really overrated. I mean the movie is decent, the plot is kind of cliche and doesn't offer a lot new but it's fine. The characters and their relationships are where most of the problems are. I mean Nala is nothing but an unnecessary love interest, and she and Simba have little to no chemistry. Timon and Pumbaa are a lot more annoying than they are funny, especially with their stupid fart jokes. Sorry guys, but Scar is lame villain, mostly because they couldn't make up thier minds what his personality was supposed to be. Half the time he's actually threatening and half the time he's a total sissy. Plus, he makes some really dumb decisions, like why didn't he kill Simba right after the stampede? And why did he tell Simba the he was the one that killed Mufasa?

Anyway I understand why people like it, even though I'm pretty neutral about it. What I don't understand is why everyone is constantly saying it's one of THE best Disney movies. No offense to any Lion King fans.
KataraLover commented…
Personally, it is one of my inayopendelewa sinema PERIOD, but I can see where you're coming from. The fart jokes are the only thing I don't like about Timon and Pumbaa (Although, that mainly comes from Pumbaa), Nala basically is just there to be the upendo interest and serves no real purpose and is even zaidi bland in other products she appears in (Like SImba's Pride), Scar is a cool villain but is overrated (Zira is a MUCH better villain, since they decided what they wanted to do with her), and like Doug Walker alisema the message is kind of mixed up. It was never Simba's fault his father died and when he does confess that it was his fault, no one stands kwa him until it turns out that he didn't do it. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
KataraLover commented…
That's a pretty big flaw. As for Scar saying he killed Mufasa to Simba, he was planning to have Simba die kwa throwing him off of Pride Rock and into the moto but Simba was just able to get around that. I could say why I upendo the movie but that would take too long lol. But I am aware of it's flaws, which is why it's not my absolute inayopendelewa Disney movie, but I still ADORE it and understand why some aren't so crazy about it. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Sparklefairy375 commented…
I agree with you. I think it's fine but I don't get why people praise it a lot and alisema it the best Disney movie. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
First of all, as many of you know, I'm one of the few people who actually likes the gargoyles from The Hunchback of Notre Dame and I don't think they take away from the more serious moments (Since they're in the movie for like 15 minutes or so) but I also hate how people lump them together as one character. When people talk about them, they don't talk about them as individual characters, despite having their own individual personalities, and doesn't that also go against one of the many messages of the movie that you shouldn't lump people together? The complaints I hear about them mainly just apply to Hugo and NOT Victor or Laverne.

I mean, Laverne herself has a lot more depth to her than a lot of comic relief's in Disney movies because she's not just a sarcastic, cranky, and tough old woman character but is also wise, caring, and acts like a grandmother to Quasi. While all of the gargoyles have human qualities (inside, not outside, obviously), Laverne is the most human with how she instantly knows what's bothering Quasi at the beginning of the movie and can show sympathy for him, despite being made of stone, which is usually associated with being cold and unfeeling (Like Frollo is, despite being human lol). She has a lot of funny lines but also has words of wisdom that encourage Quasi and will even show some tough love with lines like "These chains aren't what's holding you back, Quasimodo!" or after Quasi tells the gargoyles to leave him alone, they do, Victor says they're only made out of stone, and Laverne responds by saying "We just thought maybe you were made of something stronger." All of the bullets in the world can't compare to the shots of tough love from that line.

Plus their existence shows how Quasi turned out so kind and caring, despite being raised by Frollo, which Esmeralda even pointed out was odd. It's not like in something like Tangled where it's based on emotion instead of logic like fairy tales are meant to be since, in real life, Quasi wouldn't be like that with Frollo. This is meant to be a more realistic movie, despite talking gargoyles, but the movie does talk about Notre Dame like it's alive, even referring to it as a female. Besides, these characters are really harmless and aren't in the movie long enough for me to understand how they have produced so much passionate hatred in people or to ruin the serious moments. Just my personal opinion.
cruella commented…
I agree. I absolutely upendo Laverne, she's probably my inayopendelewa character from the franchise. And yeah, I hate when people lump characters together. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita UnholyNoise said…
Nostalgia Chick was always annoying and overhyped but now she's officially dead to me forever. On her personal twitter she recently had a massive tantrum over The Prince of Egypt and how much she hates it - which is fine, not everyone has to love that movie, or any other - but her reasons are stupid and borderline antisemitic ("Old Testament God and Moses are genocidal assholes blah blah blah", "I don't like this movie because the source material is icky", "there's violence in it" etc.) Like... this is a person who has built up a brand/internet persona around her ability to review movies, and this is probably the shallowest and most un-nuanced take on this movie I have ever seen.
KataraLover commented…
I've always hated the Nostalgia Chick! She's such an annoying, uptight, and BORING little feminazi! I used to joke in saying that she only ate babies and drank the blood of little kids lol. I'm glad she's not on Channel Awesome anymore because she is such an annoying little snorefest! Her reasoning that I saw for hating The Prince of Egypt was like something a six-year-old would make. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
BB2010 commented…
^i know this maoni is a mwaka old but please don’t use the term “feminazi”. And I agree, nostalgia chick was not as entertaining as Nostalgia Critic. She was even boring in the crossover video with NC zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
KataraLover commented…
I only use the term feminazi for women that find everything sexist, blame men for pretty much everything, and don't really want equality but instead to be the dominate gender. I consider that to be a term separate from feminist, which is about equality. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
BB2010 commented…
^okay that’s good then. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I think that The Enchantress, Babette/Fifi, the Bimbettes, the woman that says "Good day", and Angelique are more beautiful than Belle! Belle is so common looking and isn't stunning or gorgeous or anything special. She's beautiful but in a more average and ordinary way than the extraordinary beauty that she's made out to be.
 I think that The Enchantress, Babette/Fifi, the Bimbettes, the woman that says "Good day", and Angeli
I don't see what people like so much about Mabel Pines from Gravity Falls. I find her to be REALLY ANNOYING! She's one of the reasons I've been keeping away from that show after the first few episodes. Her and that fat, stupid guy have the worst humor on that show. But she seems to be a fan favorite of the show and the most popular character. She's so unfocused, loud, idiotic, overly-dramatic, has little to no common sense, is a bully to her brother Dipper but no one calls her out for it because she's so positive and upbeat about it that it's considered cute and funny, expects Dipper to drop everything he's doing (No matter how important it is to him) to help her with something small (Though, to me fair, I'm willing to bet that later on she has him do it over something important), and is too positive about everything (Disney Snow White and the dwarf Happy would be telling her to stop being so delusionally happy all the time).

However, I have over the past several months been more open to eventually giving the show another chance, though some crazed fans that were constantly harassing me to give it another chance before that didn't help AT ALL. When I saw the Nostalgia Critic's top 11 best episodes of Gravity Falls, I was expecting not to get anything out of it but I actually ended up becoming more interested in it, though not massively. However, NOTHING anyone says will EVER get me to watch more of Adventure Time and I will HATE that show FOREVER! But that's another story lol.
AudreyFreak commented…
I like and relate to her ridiculously girly, quirky personality and how much the onyesha focuses on her female friendships in addition to Dipper's. But I cannot believe how much she gets away with! She unintentionally but directly helped Bill take over and she's never punished for anything she does (and don't get me started on the unicorn episode). I think Wendy is worse, though. At least Mabel has flaws. Wendy is always right, just because she's based on Alex Hirsch's school crush, and she behaved even worse than Mabel in TLM. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
BB2010 commented…
I really upendo GF and AT, and all the characters, flaws and all. I just rewatched the onyesha and there are eps where she’s put in the wrong and called out it’s just not that often. I’m actually not that surprised wewe don’t like Soos, I guess he’s not for everyone zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I don't get what all the hate towards Tiana or her movie is. Yes, she's a workaholic but you need to take into consideration the time period where she had to work two waitress jobs her whole life and only got about a few seconds of sleep. Besides, the movie doesn't show her perspective as completely wrong because she forgot to follow another piece of her father's advice, to never lose sight of what was really important, love and letting herself enjoy life. She became distant with friends of hers because as one of them put it "All you ever do is work!" But she's never rude about it to anyone, except Naveen but he really deserved it. He hadn't worked once his entire life and believed her and everyone in life should serve him on a silver platter. She's not just a role model because she works hard, she's also a role model because she shows people that you shouldn't lose sight of things like friends, family, and letting yourself enjoy life a little. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, after all. She has flaws that she has to overcome and she's not always shown as in the right with her beliefs and actions. I also admire that she doesn't ask her best friend for money and would prefer to earn it instead of taking advantage of their friendship. While I don't expect everyone to love or like her, I personally have always felt that a lot of the hate she gets was just really nitpicky and grasping as straws. But no character is for everybody after all.

The movie has gorgeous animation with a lot of colors, lighting, shading, beautiful backgrounds, great designs, creativity, and amazing magic effects. The songs fit the movie perfectly and are so charming and memorable like a classic Disney movie, the characters are likable and memorable, the villain is awesome with a lot of creativity, the romance is good (not great), there's more originality here than with most fairy tale and Disney Princess movies, the humor is hilarious and doesn't feel forced or gimmicky, it doesn't rely on what's popular but instead what's timeless, and it's absolutely engaging in my personal opinion. Like I said, you can't please everybody, so I don't expect everyone to like or love this movie just because I do. I just feel like people get nitpicky because it tried to be like classic Disney while also having more originality to that formula. However, that's just my opinion and people are allowed to have different opinions. I personally just think (While I do love them and I'm NOT hating) that it should've gotten MIUCH more praise and attention than Tangled or Frozen did.
cruella commented…
Yeah, that's basically how I've always felt. I've always thought Princess and the Frog was very underrated and Frozen and Tangled were pretty overrated (I'm not saying that just because I don't like them). zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I don't understand the hatred that so many DuckTales fans have for the reboot. I mean, I can understand some of the complaints, like I'm not crazy about the animation and the boys voices take some getting used to since they're done but grown men and don't sound very "duck" like anymore. But some of these complaints are just ridiculous. I'm mean, I'm hearing fans whining about the things like, the boys now have their own personalities or the boys are now mean, spoiled brats, or Scrooge's voice doesn't sound the same as in the original. Sorry but do you guys really want three characters with one personality? Also with the exception of, Dewey, they're a lot less bratty than the original. And hello, Scrooge's voice actor died, and had to be replaced?! Of course he's going to sound a little different. I'm not going to act like it's perfect, but neither was the original. I'm not saying that everyone should like it just because I do, but a lot of these complaints I'm hearing seem to be very nitpicky.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita AudreyFreak said…
I'm way behind in Steven Universe, but I have to say, Garnet is a borderline Creator's Pet. She's never wrong, but she the show lets her behave awfully sometimes- almost punching Pearl (a much weaker gem than she us) for lying to her, and worse, forces both Amethyst and Peridot to fuse with her. Garnet is a massive hypocrite. She's always preached the importance of consent in fusing (a metaphor for relationships, particularly the physical kind) but she forces Amethyst to fuse with her in anger, and manipulates Peridot into doing something SHE KNOWS Peridot isn't ready to do by daring and teasing her. I don't know if it's because the creators fear backlash from their crazy, controlling fandom if they let Garnet be presented as wrong but it needs to stop.
cruella commented…
Yeah, I hate characters, that are never shown as being in the wrong. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
tongue
Okay, I get that it’s popular to ship characters who are really close friends (Nick/Judy, Dory/Marlin, etc.), even though I’m not fan of doing that, but whatever, to each their own. Anyway, you would think even if someone is a fan of shipping those kind of characters, they would know better than to interpret a fanfiction that clearly shows characters in a close NON-romantic friendship as a shipping. No offense to all the users on various sites who have asked me, but for the hundredth time, I do NOT ship Scrooge and Minnie! Their relationship is meant to be more of a father/daughter not boyfriend/girlfriend.
I don't really think that evil and sinister facial expressions on female characters make them less attractive and I don't find the facial expressions ugly AT ALL. In fact, I actually find those evil and sinister facial expressions that good looking villainesses make to be incredibly attractive, hot, and sexy. It adds like a dangerous but alluring and seductive quality that's so appealing to me. Plus, villainesses don't have to look all innocent and can have sharper and narrower eyes instead of big and round innocent looking ones. I also noticed this in anime, the villainesses, unlike the female characters on the good side, almost always have lips instead of just being drawn without lips, which is part of why I don't care for the anime style because animated female characters having lips is important to me. Anyway, the evil and sinister facial expressions are to be expected with villainesses and it also gives them a more mature look because they don't have to look so innocent. They end up looking more like women than girls.
 I don't really think that evil and sinister facial expressions on female characters make them less at
cruella commented…
I agree, most of my prettiest animated women are villainesses. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Even though I love both, I like Anastasia Tremaine (In the sequels, of course) A LOT more than Anastasia/Anya.
Speaking as one of the few Jar Jar Binks fans out there, I do not for the life of me get the (weird and honestly creepy) furry fetish that nearly all of his female fans seem of have about him. Almost all of them seem find him sexually appealing for some reason and are always doing stuff like, nude pictures of him with his head on a stud’s body; or they’re writing a self-insert romance/porn fanfic where they date him, and he’s completely out character, no longer clumsy or awkward but a total Gary Stu. I mean, I used to think that Launchpad’s fan girls were bad to overly sexualize him but they’ve got nothing on Jar Jar’s fan girls. Also, at least you can argue that Launchpad was intended to look sexy. But, I guess my question is, why? I mean, Jar Jar was intended to be a dim witted but well meaning, clumsy and awkward comic relief character; not sexually appealing. And turning him into a sex object is not being a fan of him.

(Also, yes, I know that Star Wars is mainly live action but he’s appeared in some animated series as well)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita deedragongirl said…
Ok, so this is actually from An American Tail. I absolutely despise Fievel's voice because he sounds like a baby, upon watching the Reunite scene. I cringe at his voice till the max! It makes me want to strangle or crucified him!
cruella commented…
While I don't despise his voice that much, I agree that it's so "cutesy" that it can get pretty annoying. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ajotma said…
I posted this in the Childhood Animated Movie Characters forum but

I saw a Tumblr anon from a couple months back hating on Héctor because he "abandoned his family" and was a "bad husband and father" and just a bad person, fully ignoring what happened to him when he TRIED to return home and that he spent 96 years trying to correct his mistake. I'm probably a little biased here because I love Héctor, but it seems like this person didn't watch the same movie as me and totally misconstrued his character.
cruella commented…
I've never thought of him as a bad husband/father and I'm not even that big a shabiki of his. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I don’t understand why so many people praise Don Bluth, and act like he’s some kind of “god” in the animation industry. I mean he’s done a few good movies, like Land Before Time, Anastasta, and An American Tail. But even those aren’t without some pretty big flaws, like in Land Before Time and Anastasta some of the main characters (particularly Cera and Dimtri) are extremely unlikable. And An American Tail has some pretty glaring plot holes (like Warren T. being able to change size). The rest of the Don Bluth movies are (at least in my opinion) mediocre at best, with a lot of them being really bad and just plain weird. I’m looking at you Rock-a-Doodle.
Here is my other rant on Fievel from An American Tail, he strikes me as Whiny Spoiled Brat who is very irresponsible at times, he refuses to learn his mistake as the story pass, and I'm including sequel too.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita MalloMar said…
This is a minor thing that bothered me, but I was annoyed with Star Butterfly when she forced Marco to use his money (ALL $650!) in THAT episode with the picture booth. Clearly he didn't want to, and it was HIS money. Get your paws off girl.
Please don't take this too seriously, I'm aware this show can be silly, just saying how I'd feel if that happened in real life.

But unpopular, but I'm really sad that the next season of Star vs. the Forces of Evil (Releasing in March) will be the last. :(
MalloMar commented…
Okay, just realized there is a confessions forum. This would fit much better there. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita BB2010 said…
I think Coco was a better movie than Book of Life. They may have been similar in some stuff but Book of Life was predictable and had the cliched love triangle while Coco’s twist actually surprised me and it did a better job making me feel anything for the characters. I still liked the animation and the character designs for Book of Life at least
ajotma commented…
I like both, but I definitely prefer the characters in Coco. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
So, this is The Lion King II: Simba's Pride, why didn't Simba go after Kiara after the latter yelled at her father, saying "You'll Never Be Mufasa!". It doesn't make any logical sense and Simba just stood there as if nothing has happen!
BB2010 commented…
I do agree that it was kinda weird he didn't go after her, but it's not like he didn't react to it zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita AudreyFreak said…
I wish people would stop pitting the DPs and non DPs against each other. I'm tired of hearing how much better the heroines and unofficial princesses are because the DPs "all want romance" (they don't, and there's nothing wrong with that anyway) or are way more popular with kids (which comes off as weirdly and unnecessarily jealous). Kids liking them less, or even adults liking them less, doesn't prove they're better. Kida, Esme, Jane, Amalthea, Meg, Nani, Anya, etc all got rescued/or helped by a man. Most had romances. Many had a song. Some were even popular when their films came out. I really don't see what makes them superior to the "overrated" official DPs. To me it has a sneaky little undercurrent of sexism- the DPs actually do have diverse personalities but have an unfair reputation of pining over a man in a pretty dress and being helpess and demure, plus being mainly popular with girls. The complaints seem to target their feminine coded traits and that's a yikes from me.
AudreyFreak commented…
Anyway, I guess what I mean is it feels very "I'm not like other girls, I like better heroines who are warriors/nerds/etc". I know there are mashabiki who genuinely upendo their personalities, and I don't mean them. It feels like posturing- "I like strong female characters, not wimpy fairy tale chicks". I also dislike that the revival alone gets hate for doing this with their DPs. Which to a degree yes, they do, but Disney and other companies were just as bad, as are mashabiki of the glorious, can do no wrong 90s. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita BB2010 said…
I know people are going to dislike an era of movies, but I think it's ridiculous that people hate on Disney's Revival Era because most of the female leads don't fall in love and yet don't have a problem with how there's so many male leads who don't fall in love
I've never seen Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron but I did to get to watch clips of it on YT. I absolutely dislike Spirit, in both his personality and especially his appearance. Not to forget that his braying is REALLY annoying!
BB2010 commented…
He’s a horse that’s what farasi sound like. And his personality gets better about halfway through the movie zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
cruella commented…
I’ve watched it a few times. While it isn’t a bad movie I always found it a little boring. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita