Childhood Animated Movie Heroines CAMH Confessions

AudreyFreak posted on Mar 19, 2018 at 02:08PM
It feels like the unpopular opinion thread gets used for general opinions rather than really unpopular ones sometimes, so I thought we ought to have a place just for "anything goes" type of opinions.

Mine:

I'm looking forward to Wreck It Ralph 2, but I'm worried they'll just stereotype the Princesses like Disney (and fan art and fan videos and so on) tend to. You know-how Snow is ditzy, Ariel is a manic pixie dream girl, Aurora loves naps, Mulan dislikes other girls, etc.

Childhood Animated Movie Heroines 10 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita MissCinico said…
I honestly think they're about ruin The Incredibles, I actually wish they had the animation the way it was before, even if the animation was "worse" if feels like an entirely different movie.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita UnholyNoise said…
Pixar movies suck; fight me.

They get an obscene amount of credit for telling pretty much the same story over and over and over again. Odd couple sort their shit out on a road trip; insert whimsical what-if backdrop, some sterile humor, an emotionally manipulative montage and bam. They're technically impressive, but so much goes into the bells and whistles that their characters get shortchanged -- I can't remember the last time i cared about what happened to any of them tbh. And movies without vivid, compelling characters just aren't worth watching.
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MalloMar commented…
Even though I like Pixar, I completely support this opinion. Pixar is so overrated. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita uploaded900 said…
*Spoiler Alert*
I don't like Rose Quartz being Pink Diamond all along
AudreyFreak commented…
Dang, I actually loved it, especially since it was the only theory of mine I was right about. 😂 zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita BB2010 said…
I wish people wouldn’t judge anime based on some of the series. Not all of them have women with giant breasts and not all of them go overboard on the fan service. It’s like saying you hate Disney just because you watched Chicken Little or saying you hate Dreamworks just because you watched Antz
The slut-shaming is so ridiculous in these fandoms. If a woman likes to pole dance she is not a slut, if she wears clothes that show her stomach, she is not a slut, even if she’s been with more than one guy she is not a freaking slut. I’m so sick of people calling characters like Esmeralda, Jasmine, and Jessica Rabbit a slut just because of their appearances and because one of them pole dances
UnholyNoise commented…
it's also dumb because that's so obviously not what happens, jimmy, hunitumia and esme only have eyes for the two men they ultimately fell for. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
BB2010 commented…
These people act like total Frollos zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
ajotma commented…
Same, it's so judgmental of people. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita MalloMar said…
heart
I like seeing what a Princess' responsibilities are in her movie. I think that Anneliese (Barbie Princess and the Pauper) and Moana are the best examples I've seen. I suppose I can see why these aren't shown often in movies (kids may not find this interesting) but for some reason, it interests me. I like how both heroines I mentioned have personal desires (freedom!), but they put their people first. When things start going wrong,(Anneliese's kingdom is running low on natural resources and money, Moana's island is dying) both use their brains to come up with other ways to succeed.
BB2010 commented…
I hope we get zaidi sinema like these :) zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita cruella said…
I wish they would make more films with lead characters that are unattractive and more villains that are attractive. I just get tired of the model beautiful lead couples and cartoonishly ugly villains. Plus I think it can send a bad message to kids, that anyone who's pretty is nice and anyone who's ugly is mean.
BB2010 commented…
I think the closest thing we have to that is Beauty and the Beast, and in Hunchback of Notre Dame the lead identified as ugly, and in Disney there’s been their surprise villain phase where a lot of good looking people turn out to be the villains and in Shrek and Megamind the Heroes aren’t human and are still the heroes. There’s even a Prince Charming villain zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
AdelitaI commented…
Agree here. This sends a bad messages. Just because it's a tradition to make a lead character gorgeous-looking, doesn't this tradition is good. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Not liking a popular movie doesn't always mean it's actually overrated, it just means you don't like it. I'm not a fan of Nightmare Before Christmas even though it's really popular but I'm not going to go around saying "Uuugh why do people like this movie? It's so overrated!!"

-

It's possible to disagree without starting a big argument and going on an essay long rant
It doesn’t matter if characters from movies or tv shows are real or not, if you’re an adult and calling a child/teen “sexy” or “hot” that’s just as gross as being attracted to an actual child. It’s also gross to make excuses like “Oh they look like an adult so it’s okay” or “this character is 16/17 so technically they’re an adult” I’ve had my fair share of crushes on fictional characters, but now that I’m in my mid 20s Ik it’s wrong to still be attracted to Jasmine from Aladdin or Zuko from Avatar the Last Airbender.
uploaded900 commented…
Thank you! It's disgusting that people actually excuse "age of consent" as an excuse to lust over someone despite being minors. Also there are minors irl that look mature for their age and it isn't any less creepy! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
AudreyFreak commented…
And Misty and May from Pokemon (they're like 12 people!!!) and Ty Lee from a:tla. I'm still shuddering over how sexualized she gets for being a developed 14 mwaka old. Nasty perverted animators. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
BB2010 commented…
I’ll be honest Ty Lee was one of the characters that made me realize my bisexuality lmao zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
BB2010 commented…
@uploaded99 I developed early, like 11 au 12 and I remember being harassed kwa boys AND men. I had to wear baggy clothes and a kanzu, koti all the time because I wasn’t always so uncomfortable with my body zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita AudreyFreak said…
Related to what BB said, a movie being unpopular doesn't necessarily mean it's underrated or underappreciated. Sometimes movies are just really flawed in spite of positive attributes they have otherwise, or they're just unappealing to crowds. For example, I know online almost everyone likes Atlantis as a cult classic but that tells me it's not really underrated at all to have so many passionate fans.
BB2010 commented…
I think the reason even despite all the mashabiki it's still considered underrated is because Disney doesn't give it as much attention as Aladin au The Little Mermaid. It's never shown on tv, I almost never find it on dvd in a store, and there's no merch for it whatsoever. Even when it first came out Disney didn't tangaza the movie too much because they were setting it up to fail zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
UnholyNoise commented…
I hate when people use "underrated" to mean "unpopular." Not every unpopular movie is underloved, some of them truly just suck zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita