Disney Princess Unpopular Disney opinions (confessions)

viktoriya773 posted on Feb 10, 2014 at 11:53PM
Post your unpopular Disney opinion here. Express your opinion about not only DP but Disney in general. Please be respectful about each other's opinions and don't bash someone because of it. Say "I disagree/agree with you because..." I'm sure everyone is mature enough to handle it.

Disney Princess 810 majibu

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 551-600 of 810

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita KataraLover said…
I hate the ship of Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde! One of the things I ADORE so much about Zootopia was that it was that the main relationship was between a male and female character that were around the same age but there was nothing romantic between them. They were just great friends that started off as enemies. They bring out the best in each other, but friends can do that, it doesn't have to be anything romantic. It's rare that the main relationship of a film is between a male character and a female character that aren't related or in a romantic relationship but are instead just friends. I mean, their relationship is similar to Rapunzel & Flynn and Anna & Kristoff, except that Judy and Nick aren't romantically involved, and yet they're FAR more developed than either of those couples. Sometimes characters are better off as just friends and I believe that to be the case between Judy and Nick.
cruella commented…
Exactly! I don't know why people feel like they need to bring romance into everything. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Sparklefairy375 commented…
I saw many fanart of them in romance relationship at Deviantart. I feel that ship hype would be same like Jack Frost and Elsa that most peoples are obsessed too. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
M_gann commented…
I mean at the end of the movie they say they upendo each other and stare at each other for a few sekunde so I don't blame people for extrapolating off of that... zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita cruella said…
I guess this technically a Disney confession since they own Star Wars. Also I don’t know how unpopular this actually is, since I only recently started watching Clone Wars, but apparently it’s unpopular among the few fellow Jar Jar Binks fans I’ve met. If you guys want me to remove this I can since it's just a copy and paste of one I did on the CAMH's club.

I don’t think the TV special, The Disappeared, was that good. I get that Jar Jar fans like it because it shows him as the main hero. And I get that they were trying to show him as heroic figure rather than the comic relief, which isn't easy. But the way they went about doing it wasn’t very good IMO. They decided to have him save his ex-girlfriend, who’s very strong in the Force, yet all she does when she’s captured is scream, “Jar Jar, help! Save me!”, and doesn’t even try to do anything. I also found it creepy that Yoda’s reason for why she liked Jar Jar, was that “…some people are attracted to those with the mind of a child.” What does she prey on guys that aren’t very bright?
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
The Little Mermaid 3: Ariel's Beginning is an awful movie! I'm surprised when people say it's one of the more decent Disney sequels because it's really among one of the worst Disney sequels. Triton is really too mean-spirited to the point where he is absolutely unlikable and I can't feel bad for him, Sebastian is out of character because he would NEVER form a group going against King Triton's law (Did they even watch the first movie?), Flounder is the polar opposite of who he was originally, they had Ariel's mother die over a freaking music box, the villain is lame with a weak motivation/goal and a terrible song, the new characters are forgettable, the conflict about Triton banning music is stupid, they don't talk about his hatred for humans (especially since they KILLED HIS WIFE), they don't even use this as an opportunity to show Ursula's backstory and why she was banished, and it has horrible continuity with both the original movie and the FAR superior prequel TV series. It does have gorgeous animation (Plus it actually put effort into making the background characters attractive) and great songs (aside from the villain's song) but that just shows that it has the same problem as Frozen, that it puts more effort into style instead of substance. Aside from the gorgeous animation and the great songs it has very little going for it. The only other good things about it was that Ariel's personality was actually kept perfectly intact, they showed Ariel's mother and showed humans killed her, and gave her sisters individual personalities (along with making them actually beautiful unlike in the original). If you like it, that's fine, but in my opinion, it's absolutely AWFUL!
I'd never watch that one. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
wavesurf commented…
I've never really liked King Triton in the original 1989 movie ( at least, not until the absolute end of the movie). In the TV series, I vacillate between tolerating him and hating him, and in the prequel he is awful. This is why I don't really respect Triton, and find him a strong character, but an abusive one. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MalloMar commented…
*prequel, sorry zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Sparklefairy375 said…
I don't get it why peoples have to be disagree a lot about Emma Watson casted as Belle in the live action movie. We even don't see her performance on the film yet, so they can't judge about Emma Watson as Belle as they are doesn't seems the film themselves. Just wait until the film was released and in that time, you can judge her if her performance as Belle doesn't as good as you expected.
anukriti2409 commented…
I agree, its funny when people say they are not prejudiced when they are judging someone without even seeing them in the role. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
wavesurf commented…
What's wrong with disliking an actress based on having already seen her perform in a role she's known for (Hermione Granger)? I'm just not impressed with Emma at all. I'll watch the live action BATB movie, okay. But it is my opinion after all, just as wewe have yours. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
wavesurf commented…
Just because I don't like Belle as a character, nor BATB that much--- DOES NOT mean that I want to watch an actress butcher the defining traits Belle has, and ruin a solid movie for me. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita mhs1025 said…
I think I've just made a discovery of some sort. I think after if and when Moana gets coordinated, they'll coordinate Anna and Elsa next. I know this sounds alittle off, but I think this may actually happen.
wavesurf commented…
A coronation of three princesses at once? That would be unprecedented for Disney, but who knows. It could happen. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I hope so, I'm upset Disney didn't give explanation about Anna and Elsa would be DP au not. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
mhs1025 commented…
Not at once, wavesurf. I meant separate coordinations. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MissCinico commented…
Unfortunately I don't think that's very likely, but I understand why they didn't add them. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita anukriti2409 said…
The more i watch TLM, the more i feel why Disney made a film with such a low value driven moral story. How can a protagonist be so self-absorbed that it has no remorse over their action. What's more astonishing is that it can show that no matter how it hurts your loved ones, one's dream is above everything and everyone, and beyond graciousness or gratefulness towards others who helped fulfilling it. There's absolutely zilch character arc in Ariel, where it's all about her only, under water or land and no situation changes her mind, for better or worse.
M_gann commented…
That is exactly how I feel about the character, you're not alone. Everything she wants she gets and she never even has to think about if what she wants is really worth it. She is slowing starting to become my least inayopendelewa princess. I can support her drive but even Tiana who tends to be a bit close minded is zaidi empathetic and shows concern for others than her. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Silverrose1991 commented…
^Yeah, I think Ariel is very maarufu here (and everywhere else, lol) zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MalloMar commented…
^ zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita WinterSpirit809 said…
I love Disney much more as a teen than I did as a kid
Me too, I am not the only one! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Silverrose1991 commented…
Same here! I mean, I always loved it as a kid, but I never cared about the main characters au their songs (for me it was all about the sidekicks) and I didn't appreciate to full extent the beauty of the morals au of the animation. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MalloMar commented…
Didn't see much of Disney as a kid, so definitely the same case for me. :) zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I love Big Hero 6, and I do like it more than Frozen, but it seems like the only reason people like it is that it's "better than Frozen" and that's the only reason it's so popular. And I saw people get so pissed when people say they love Big Hero 6 but prefer Frozen a little more. I have seen other reasons for liking Big Hero 6, but it does get annoying that a majority of fans just like it because it is not Frozen.
I think Brother Bear is underrated. I mean, I never hear the Disney fandom talk about it and it has some of my favorite lessons
I'd never watch that, not interested to do. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MalloMar commented…
Brother kubeba is one of my inayopendelewa Disney sinema and I agree with you. It's absolutely beautiful. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
UnholyNoise commented…
I loved it, up until Kenai got turned into a bear. mostly because I found Koda hecka annoying. I think it would have been so much better if it had just been about the three brothers as humans. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
scarletunicorn commented…
It has some good ideas, but the humor is what kills the movie for me. It's just so dated and out of place in the narrative... zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I prefer the 3D/CGI animation in DP movies more than 2D DP movies, while most peoples on Fanpop seem to prefer and think 2D DP movies are better. I love how they made background and characters are detailed (ex: Rapunzel's detailed strands of hair, the forest background in Brave). I don't hate 2D, I just prefer 3D more. Probably because I grown up in 2000s while there are many 3D animated movies, more than 2D animated movies.
 I prefer the 3D/CGI uhuishaji in DP sinema zaidi than 2D DP movies, while most peoples on fanpop seem
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita M_gann said…
I think Elsa gets too much hate on this website. I mean she's definitely overblown by popular culture at large, but looking at how most people on this site talk about her, you would think she has no positive attributes at all. The same goes for Merida.
UnholyNoise commented…
Yeah. I feel like they're just convenient scapegoats for people who hate the revival in general. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MaidofOrleans commented…
^ So much this. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I agree. This is annoying to saw them talk about negative attributes of her and Merida, but never talk about their positive attributes. They are somewhat being biased here. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
anukriti2409 commented…
absolutely agree with this. They swipe over the good part like a magic wand! It gets to me at times that people constantly focus on negative things in their least inayopendelewa DP zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
As someone suffering with anxiety, I don't reall relate to "Let it Go". I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a good tune-my favorite Frozen song besides the ones that were deleted, but I didn't connect to it.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita MaidofOrleans said…
I don't view Tiana or Merida as characters whose sole purpose was to make a political statement. I think they are both well-developed, well-rounded characters with personalities and story arcs that happen to coincide with certain groups' political agendas.
anukriti2409 commented…
i agree, i mean people complain when Disney doesn't have variety in the line-up. We need representation of different regions and cultures and then they associate it immediately with "political agendas". zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MaidofOrleans commented…
Exactly! :) zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita mhs1025 said…
I feel like since the first Lion King was such a monster hit, the sequel should've gone into theaters. (The sequel was direct-to-video.)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita scarletunicorn said…
Some people don't have opinions of their own and just seem to parrot what more popular forum members screech.
UnholyNoise commented…
yeah that's true! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
wavesurf commented…
How funny that wewe would label all of the club users who don't praise Merida, your inayopendelewa princess----as "parrots." Using words like "screeching," and "not having opinions of their own" is pretentious. You're automatically assuming other people don't have brains, and can't think for themselves. All of that is rather condescending, tbh. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
AudreyFreak commented…
and others throw tantrums when they don't constantly make sure their change their Disney opinions to meet those people's. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I didn't really like the ideas of sequels of some current Disney movies that some of the fans suggested (ex: Frozen 2, Wreck it Ralph 2, Big Hero sequel, etc). I just worried that the sequels of those movies would be awful and far worse than the first films. Plus, mostly of Disney's sequels of their previous movies are often getting negative reviews. They made the sequels with quality of animations and storyline which worse and low quality if compared of the original films. I fear that the current Disney films would be really worst when the sequels are finally released. I think Disney isn't really talented to made sequels, unlike Pixar or Dreamworks. Disney should still make more original movies with more ideas of plots.
anukriti2409 commented…
I think they are talented enough but just not dedicated enough. They don't put the same amount of effort and resources in sequels and want to make quick buck from the success of original film. They have produced some good sequels as well but not as good as Pixar au Dreamworks. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Mulan 2 is such a bad sequel and I don't understand how it's considered to be one of the better sequels. I think people only really think that because of the pretty animation and both Mulan, Shang getting more scenes together, and the princesses getting with Mulan's friends. But other than that, it really has very little going for it. First of all, while the animation is pretty to look at, the movements are just so awkward looking and over-the-top. The character movements a lot of the time really don't match the style and just make the characters look more cartoony, despite that people think Mulan looks exactly like she did in the original but really has lost something about her beauty. Mulan is also way too preachy in this movie and forcing her ideas on others, Shang is an ass, and Mushu is basically the villain of the movie with such a lame motivation. The story is as just as much of a letdown as The Hunchback of Notre Dame 2 is to the original. The original movie was such an epic story and the sequel has such a weak and simplistic story that is such a disappointing idea for a sequel. Of all the ideas they could do for Mulan, this was the idea they thought would be a good idea. There's not even really a lot of action in this movie like there should be in a Mulan sequel. This movie is also REALLY CHEESY to the point that it's grating. The only Disney sequels that are cheesier than this are The Hunchback of Notre Dame 2 and Belle's Magical World! No offense to anyone. But really? This is what is considered to be one of the better Disney sequels? It's crap in my opinion! If the animation with this and Enchanted Christmas were switched people would likely be saying that this movie sucks and Enchanted Christmas is good. Although, my opinion on Beauty and The Beast and The Enchanted Christmas is an unpopular confession for another time.
MaidofOrleans commented…
I completely agree! I've never seen why people think it has good uhuishaji because I always thought it was weird and cartoony too. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
anukriti2409 commented…
what i like about Mulan II is exactly that it took from where Mulan left, Shang and Mulan getting together and testing their relationship. It shows how Mulan and Shang both have grown, having faced the odds for life. I don't agree that Mulan is "too preachy" because she's gained that confidence over the journey of 1st movie and now it reflects in her. I also don't think Shang is an punda because really, he was being awkward when it came to understanding the matters of heart. He was only confident and smart for military. And therefor i upendo their chemistry as they truly represent yin and yan. Animation, yes, i agree to you. It's not at all good. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
mhs1025 commented…
The only thing I wish Mulan did in her sequel was sing more. I watched the movie about 2 years back and was kinda dissapointed she didn't sing anymore after that. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I think that a major reason why people on here tend to dislike Idina Menzel's singing voice has nothing to do with her talent as a singer, but rather dislike it because Let It Go is overplayed (or maybe even because it's just another way to hate on Frozen). Everybody loved her when she starred in Wicked, but now suddenly everyone seems to hate her voice.
I agree. It doesn't make sense if they're disliked her not because her talent, but it was one of the way to hate Frozen. I really wish all this Frozen hatred would be gone someday. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MaidofOrleans commented…
The Frozen hatred will die down once Moana comes out. I can almost guarantee it. Having been on this site through the release of both Brave and Frozen, the most hivi karibuni movie is always bashed until the inayofuata one comes out. Then people songesha on to attacking the newest film. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Angelica_AW commented…
I have to agree with anukriti2409 and wavesurf. While Let It Go and her part in The First Time In Forever are the only things I've heard Idina sing, those two songs don't make me want to listen to her other songs. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I always like most of the Revival Era movies more than Classic or Renaissance. The Revival Era movies aren't always talk about romance and more showed the adventure, family, and friendship. They also have an unique and great ideas of plots and storyline.
MaidofOrleans commented…
I don't prefer one era over the others, since I think they each have their strengths and weaknesses. I agree that the Revival Era is very innovative and generally zaidi exciting than the other eras. :) zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Angelica_AW commented…
"Disney needs to stop preaching the new drivel about eternal family happiness. It doesn't exist." WHAT?! Wh-what-what?! Bullshit! I ca tell wewe right now that the upendo my Mom and I have for each other will out last ANY romantic relationship either one of us will have. Actually, the ONLY thing that could come between us is our pets. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
anukriti2409 commented…
IF, although it isn't true at all, but still IF family upendo is declining, all the zaidi reason we need Disney films reinforcing the concept for greater good, not the opposite. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I don't find Ariel to be generic looking AT ALL! In fact, I think she's a great blend of being conventionally beautiful and unique looking. Obviously, she has the facial structure, nose, and smile of someone conventionally attractive (at least in my opinion). However, she is given enough trains to make her unique looking. She has long thick red hair, yes, I realize that color isn't everyone's favorite, but it's definitely unique looking. Well, at least somewhat unique looking, since there are characters with Ariel red hair, but the hairstyle is simple and yet eye-popping. Also, while I prefer full lips, it's rare to see an animated character with thin lips (though not as thin as Jane's). It's also unique to see a female character without a cupid curve, especially since the only other Disney Princesses with lips without cupid curves are Pocahontas and Merida. I'm not gonna act like Ariel is the most unique looking character, but I feel like she's a wonderful blend of traditional beauty and being unique looking. She's conventionally beautiful but isn't generic looking to the point that her looks are boring like Belle and she's not too unique to the point where she looks weird like Merida and Megara. I feel like people nowadays either put too much importance on either looking completely traditionally beautiful to where they're not interesting to look at or making them look too unique just because they're tired of the conventionally beautiful heroines. That is actually why Merida and Belle are my two least beautiful Disney Princesses. Merida is too unique looking to the point where she looks weird (Plus that six-month-old baby face of hers) and Belle is too generic looking (Although objectively she's definitely FAR more beautiful than Merida). Again, Ariel isn't the most unique looking female character, but her looks are FAR from generic and is unique looking enough for me.
 I don't find Ariel to be generic looking AT ALL! In fact, I think she's a great blend of being conven
anukriti2409 commented…
I think Ariel is gorgeous with her stunning hair. It's unique as well as soft and wavy. I upendo her eyes, they are very expressive. Not a shabiki of her too thin lips though, especially because her face is rather thin. face structure is also beautiful, with carved cheekbones. I don't enjoy Merida's beauty either. Her eyes seem to pop-out most of the times with no eyelashes to support her. And her face is too round, no curves au structure to it. I do upendo her hair though, they are just stunning to look at. I think Belle is conventionally very very beautiful. She isn't unique, that's for sure but her beauty is zaidi balanced. From eyes to lips to face structure. I don't like her hair though, that surely is super generic. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MaidofOrleans commented…
I don't have a cupid's bow, so my best friend always tells me that I have Ariel lips <3 I agree that she isn't super conventionally attractive! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
wavesurf commented…
I have her as my prettiest. I think she has wonderful expressivity in her facial features. Some of the other princesses constantly scowl, so I find Ariel's eager blue eyes, and her bright smiles with her lips and teeth enchanting. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita wavesurf said…
Call my opinions bullshit if you want to. Family love is declining, along with everything else in the world—economies, communities, and countries. Even peace itself is on the decline. I don’t believe in the Disney eternal family lie, because it is UNBALANCED. Family love, alone, never made up the whole entire world. Focusing only on that as a plot-piece in the Revival Age has resulted in a lot of repetitive movies. Older Disney packed a movie full of all different versions of love: family love, the love between friends, and romantic love. Sleeping Beauty, Bambi, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and The Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, and Tarzan had all three versions of love all in the same movie! Even Atlantis: The Lost Empire had all three types of love! It was possible, back then, to not make the philosophy of the movie so small. It was possible, back then, to broaden the scope of what love is, in its myriad ways. But not now. Now, the focus is only on the family love, while cutting off presenting the other ones. The rare side-step Revival movies that skirt the narrow family love formula focus are Wreck-It Ralph, Zootopia, Big Hero 6, and Finding Dory (which all manage to have both the family love and the love between friends show up side-by-side without denigrating either one). Mind you, those four movies are all without the romantic variety of love, so they only have 2 out of the 3 possible types. Only Tangled and TPATF have all 3 types! But that’s just two movies out of 9 or more Revival Era movies! The rest of the recent Disney movies cling really hard to presenting only the family love formula. Frozen focused on family love, turned the romantic love aspect into an evil plot twist involving the villain, and gave us a forced romantic pairing out of nowhere of Kristoff-Anna. Inside/Out pitted friendship-love against family love in the mind of a girl who is traumatized by her parents moving. Brave focused entirely on family love throughout whole movie running time, and presented the idea of romantic love as a far-off-not-ready-at-all-not-now-not-ever deal. (Romantic love was played as a joke for laughs in Brave, because the three available princes were all unattractive people, and were all buffoons). Romance in Disney is steadily on the decline. Perhaps Moana will be like Wreck-It Ralph, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, and Finding Dory (presenting the friendship kind of love, again—maybe mixed with family love again?) I just want to see all three types of love in a Disney movie, because it is the most balanced presentation of it, and it is ultimately the most satisfying to me. Now I’m turning to Dreamworks movies (the How to Train Your Dragon series rings a bell, and has all three kinds of love in it) and other series such as Fox’s Ice Age series, Beserk Anime, and more obscure movies which show all three kinds of love at work. I’d hoped to live in a world that had all three kinds of love available. I’d hoped to watch more Disney movies with all three kinds of love available. But now… that’s missing. And I don’t enjoy the newest Disney Era movies as much as I’d like to.
MaidofOrleans commented…
I dunno, I feel like when a movie focuses on all three types of upendo that prevents it from going zaidi in-depth to each type. When a movie focuses on only two au one type of love, then it can go really deep into that kind of relationship which can be super interesting. When the film is mgawanyiko, baidisha between three it has to gloss over some of the intricacies of each kind of relationship. Also, what about those who are asexual/aromantic? They deserve representation too! Just my opinion. :) zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
UnholyNoise commented…
it's clear that your hatred for the revival colors everything wewe say to people; and i'm not the first person who has asked wewe to calm down. until wewe can debate without flying off the handle and pretending the people you're arguing with are saying things they patently have not, just don't talk to me. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
wavesurf commented…
^The whole Revival Rabid Fanbase needs to accept that some people will not place the Revival Era on a pedestal. And your quasi-hatred of prior eras is not anymore different than my hatred of the current one. wewe brought the argument here, and accused me of all of several things-- "strawman this- twisted words, that"-- and made this debate uglier than it was. So thanks for nothing. wewe don't want to talk to me anymore? Good. Don't talk to me, then, until wewe can quit spreading a mammoth bunch of lies around about prior eras. I'm tired of wewe going around blaming me, stating that I'm awful at arguing, and then wewe ( and others) relentlessly telling me to calm down after wewe all have called me names, and decided that personal attacks of me are your modus operondi. Leave me alone. If wewe hate my opinion, then that's fine. But personal attacks and blaming me aren't fine. So don't talk to me. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
i don't like the color palette used for Tiana's wardrobe. There could have been far much prettier colors that she could adorn. I don't find the mud yellow, teal blue and lime green color flattering on her from her clothes. If I could, I would have given her some reds and a bit of purple and even brighter yellow, and hot pink would have suited her so beautifully. White looks stunning on her though, her best dress ever is the dream sequence one.
MaidofOrleans commented…
I don't mind her color palette overall, but I agree that some of the colors in her clothes could have been better. I think a darker, maybe slightly bluer green would have worked better with her skin tone. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
UnholyNoise commented…
I don't know if they were trying to capture the vibrance of New Orleans au whatever with that wardrobe palette, but a lot of it looks bad on her (special shoutout to that machungwa, chungwa thing she was wearing at the end - yikes :/). And it really doesn't suit (heh) her zaidi reserved/serious personality. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita deedragongirl said…
I wish the Pocahontas sequel wasn't made AT ALL! It really destroys the relationship between Smith and Pocahontas, it's like supporting either Team Edward or Team Jacob! So in this case, it's either Team Smith or Team Rolfe!
ace2000 commented…
That's not really an unpopular opinion IMO. A ton of people prefer to ignore the sequel :) zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Angelica_AW commented…
Yeah, that's not really unpopular, but I do agree. Pocahontas 2 is one of the few, if not the only, sequel I don't like on some level. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita owleyes1316 said…
It really, really bothers me that Elsa and Anna aren't official Disney princesses. I found this out about a month ago. I kind of have to be agree with the fact that they aren't apart of the lineup, but to me they will always be Disney princesses.
wavesurf commented…
I have to disagree. It doesn't bother me that Elsa and Anna aren't official DPs. Thanks to Elsa's fans, I really don't like Elsa much at all, and I am only lukewarm towards Anna, because she gets less attention. Frozen made money kwa lampooning Classic and Renaissance Disney. It didn't "fit" the Official Disney Princess lineup, for the same reason Giselle and Enchanted didn't really fit. wewe don't include a movie in an existing franchise that contradicts and ridicules the whole universe of that franchise. Frozen is definitely best on its own. (Elsa and Anna aren't Disney Princesses to me, in the way that Walt's cinderella is. I think Elsa and Anna are Disney satire at its boldest, just like Enchanted was). zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I personally don't get why people love Arista so much. She is the most beautiful out of all of Ariel's sisters, but her personality isn't anything special. She's basically just the standard one-dimensional dumb blonde character that's just so sweet you can't help but ignore her being not so bright. There's not really much to her other than her looks, being a sweet but dumb blonde, loving music, and being Ariel's sister. In the animated series, she was really just a spoiled, selfish little b*tch. So either way, I've never really liked her. There are definitely worse characters out there and she's not even among one of my least favorite Disney characters, not even close. I probably only mildly dislike her. Ariel's other sisters are a lot more interesting than her.
 I personally don't get why people upendo Arista so much. She is the most beautiful out of all of Ariel'
jeangreyforever commented…
I think Arista tends to be the inayopendelewa mainly because she's the sister who gets the most screentime. The sisters are all interchangeable in the first two films, musical, albums, etc. The same goes for the TV series except for Arista who is the focus of two episodes. The prequel fleshes them out zaidi but even then, they pretty much just get one trait each. Not to mention most mashabiki who aren't small children despise the movie so there goes any characterization of the sisters. I don't remember her being a dumb blonde, let alone sweet, but that might be from the prequel and not the series. I guess I liked her contrast with Ariel in the series, because she secretly wanted to be like her. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
As for the other sisters, I have a book which has short stories and poems and each sister gets something individual which gives them a little characterization. I also read a comic where Ariel is kidnapped and Aquata blames herself because she's eldest so she goes after Ariel herself. Aquata's my sekunde inayopendelewa then, but that's also because she's the only other sister I've seen get any sort of individual characterization. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
PrincessAyeka12 commented…
I never understood either. I think she's horrible in the TV series. I liked the contrast between her and Ariel but she always reminded me of mean maarufu girl who used to pick on me at school. In Ariel's Beginning I like her zaidi but not as much as Aquata, Andrina, Adella au Alana. In the TV series, I liked Alana. In the original movie, I liked Andrina. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I've always liked Mulan more with short hair and pants than in her dresses. It just feels like it's more her.
Lolz I'm the opposite. I think dresses aren't something she minds as we see in the ending. Even the matchmaker dress I think she was fine with because she wears it the entire day. It was just the makeup and perfect hair that bothered her and maybe the extra accessories. I'm not a shabiki of her training outfit, but I upendo her armor though. And I'm partial towards long hair so I prefer that on her but I think short hair looks good on her too. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I agree if her short hair and pants is zaidi express her true self, but I always think she was pretty in long black hair (of course, without the makeup that made her looks ugly). It shown her beauty more. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I don't think that Lady and The Tramp 2: Scamp's Adventure is a rehash of the original AT ALL! Yes, they have the couple with the dog from the good side of town and another dog from the bad side of town (along with the spaghetti scene) but that's not the main plot of the movie. In the original, that had very little story, it was mainly about a romance and not much else. Don't get me wrong, I like the original, even if I can't stand the poorly done romance, but there's not much to it for me. The sequel, while it has its flaws, has more of an actual story and not just a romance. One of the makers of the film said they related to the film because they had a brother who was a runaway. I like how we are able to see both sides of the whole rebel vs parent thing and how neither is completely right or wrong. I understand why Scamp acts the way he does but I also like how the story doesn't show him as always in the right. The story keeps its focus on family and has a message that can be related to kids and adult. Angel is a very complex and interesting character, the animation is gorgeous, the songs are great, the villain is pretty cool, the romance was handled better here, and it has some good character development (not the best, but still). I think the movie is genuinely great and I really don't see how it's a rehash of the original when it has more of a plot than the original (although the lack of story was kind of part of the original's charm).
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ace2000 said…
I don't like Esmeralda's, Elsa's, Belle's, or Shang's singing voices too much. Elsa's is powerful but also very nasal. Belle's is nasal and not powerful. Shang's is okay but nothing to get excited about IMO. Esmeralda sounds relatively nice, but the last note of God Help the Outcasts (I know, I'm a super picky person lol) started off flat.

I suppose I should say Esmeralda's voice is overrated. She doesn't have a bad voice, per se.
wavesurf commented…
imba voices are kind of thorny. wewe either like them au wewe don't. I actually really like Heidi Mollenhauer's ( Esmeralda's) voice, because it's deeper than most of the standard DP's imba voices ( most of the DP imba voices are sopranos au mezzo-sopranos, and they sound really high, flat, nasally, and/or completely brash and loud without nuance--which is all I ever hear out of Idina Menzel's and Anika Noni Rose's voices, which I think have zero sweetness to them whatsoever). Esme's voice is deeper ( she's a full contralto) and her register is zaidi distinctive-sounding than Pocahontas's ( Judy Kuhn's), which is the deepest sounding DP imba voice. And while it's true that wewe either upendo au hate what "falls on your eardums," it is okay. It's a big world after all. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
ace2000 commented…
^ I do like the depth that her voice has but her execution of the notes she sings bothers me. She sang (again, I know I'm a picky person) the first and last notes of her signature song flat. I adore Judy Kuhn's voice because not only is her voice rich, deep, and unrestricted, but she also executes the notes well. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
wavesurf commented…
^Eh. It's a preference. We're all really picky about something. I would not worry too much. :) zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita MegaraRider said…
I don't think Mulan and Pocahontas should be part of the DP lineup since they're not princesses. Besides, why bother putting them in the lineup if they're not going to treat them equally with the other princesses (ie: making them regular characters in meet greets at the parks and selling as much merchandise for them as the other princesses)?

Also, I don't like that the new DP movies are all CGI because now all of the new princesses have, essentially, the same face and body (and there's nothing really distinguishable about their hair since all of them wear their hair either curly or in a braid).

(While we're on the subject of the new DPs: Anna and Elsa are not Rapunzel's cousins and their parents did not die on their way to Rapunzel and Flynn's wedding.)
M_gann commented…
I think it's essential to have them in the lineup regardless of whether they're actually princesses au not. Disney needs as much diversity as it can get. And Pocahontas being a chieftain's daughter at least does have something of a claim to the title. At least moreso than Belle au cinderella who just marry into the title. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Does it really count as diversity when Pocahontas and Mulan get little to no representation? Let's face it, the only merchandise they get is in the Disney Store and even that is limited (those two and Tiana as well). Not to mention not everyone has a Disney Store near them. The Disney Parks don't even sell Pocahontas and Mulan merchandise. Many foreign countries don't even bother to include Pocahontas, Mulan, au Tiana in merchandise because they aren't known at all there. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
M_gann commented…
^ i see it as kind of a take what wewe can get sort of thing. Kida and Esmerelda are never going to be added so might as well keep the few POC on it. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Snow White just feels so fake to me. There's something about the way she reacts to things that just feels so robotic. Like when she's apologizing for scaring the animals with her crying after almost being killed. Like she was almost just murdered, crying is a perfectly normal reaction. The whole "you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine" is a fine motto to live by, but negative emotions exist for a reason.

Crying for catharsis is perfectly fine in my book and it doesn't make the world a worse place. But the way Snow is quickly able to change emotions makes her almost feel like a robot that isn't really even feeling anything at all.There's no humanity there.
Elsa is so overrated, poor Anna lives under her shadows!!!
Angelica_AW commented…
Heh... I read that as "Elsa is so underrated, Anna overshadows her!" XD But for what was really written, I agree. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I seriously don't get it why some of the fans here hate the blue ballgown of Cinderella that used in the franchise. They said that her ballgown is originally supposed to be a silver. While no one really realized that her ballgown color is changed at some moment.

1. When Fairy Godmother used her magic to change Cinderella's dress it was seen as sparkly silver gown (pic 1)

2. When Cinderella have a dance with the prince, her gown was seen as sparkly blue (pic 2)

3. When Cinderella ask the prince to leave the castle, her dress was changed into light blue and white (pic 3)

As Cinderella's gown color is somewhat between the silver and blue, I think nothing wrong with Disney used blue as her gown color in the franchise.
 I seriously don't get it why some of the mashabiki here hate the blue ballgown of cinderella that used in
AudreyFreak commented…
Half of those are because she's in a room with blue lighting though. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MaidofOrleans commented…
No, it is in fact supposed to be white. If wewe compare it to the prince's outfit it will be zaidi clear. He is definitely supposed to be wearing white, but if wewe look at his koti, jacket in both of those screencaps wewe posted, it is the same color as Cinderella's dress. The only reason they both look blue is because of the lighting. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Disney likes to change the colors on their old sinema to make them flashier and zaidi in line with modern young audiences. Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Beauty and the Beast, and cinderella were all changed color-wise to be brighter and pop more. cinderella has lighter hair, Alice has bright yellow hair, Belle has reddish-brown hair with a tan, etc. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita wavesurf said…
It dawns on me that TLM II: Return to the Sea is not one of my favorite sequels. It's one of my least favorite Disney sequels, actually. This is partly due to the fact that the screenwriters tried to "make Ariel grow up into a strict ruler character," and tried to demonize Ariel's flaws. The part that irks me the most in the movie are not the annoying penguins, the seal, Morgana, or the clueless delivery of lines by Eric... It is the fact that the whole movie is about Melody. Melody gets a whole movie to throw a tantrum. Melody doesn't like what Ariel and Eric have provided for her...and so, instead of trusting that they are struggling parents, trying to protect and look out for her, Melody decides to demonize her parents' protection, and run away. Then Melody seals the deal by stealing the trident from her grandfather. Melody doesn't change herself, to get away from "an overbearing parent." Ariel didn't demonize her father or the sea at all. She just wanted Melody to be protected. Melody just decides "up yours, Ariel," and hands Morgana everything... Melody hands Morgana TWO KINGDOMS...not just the sea with her grandfather's throne in it, mind you, but also the land kingdom--- by getting Ariel (who is now the queen) captured.

On another note, besides all of the significant plot points... Melody is just mean. I mean she is just the flippant, "I am who I am, so like me!"--- kind of character. I don't usually feel myself drawn to such characters in movies. But what gets to me is why is Melody so awful to Ariel??? Melody treats Ariel with such aloofness, rudeness, spite, and taunts. Melody reminds me of Merida actually. How does anybody love Melody over Ariel? I don't see how Melody is so wonderful. Melody has more in common with Elsa (Melody actually openly blames Ariel for the wall and for not being able to make friends, etc., etc., just like Elsa blames Anna for revealing "her secret" and making her "lose control" over her powers, yada, yada). Melody says the most nasty comebacks she can think of to deliver to Ariel, just like Merida does to Elinor. And I keep seeing how everybody relates to Melody on Fanpop, which leaves me scratching my head. Melody is more realistic and relateable than Ariel because Melody does what? Is it because Melody blames other people as par for the course? Is it because Melody isn't being heard? Not true, because Ariel knows all about "not being heard" and about "being a social pariah" from the first movie in the franchise! Is it because Melody is not getting her way with her life, that she becomes more relateable than Ariel is? I'm sorely confused. Most people never get what they want. MOST PEOPLE GET SHAFTED. It's not an isolated incidence to feel like you're getting the "short end of the stick." But it also doesn't make you a special snowflake for feeling that way!!!!!

I watched TLM II only one time. In the end, I could not like the movie on the whole, mostly because Melody just aggravated me to the point where I actually wanted to THROW SOMETHING AT HER... So I hate Melody with almost the exact same reasoning as I have for disliking Merida and Elsa. How do you vilify someone else, be they your own parents or your own siblings, and then claim you were not wrong to do so? Melody is not what I think of when I picture a heroine. ( When I picture a heroine, I picture Mulan, or Rose Dewitt Bukater, etc., etc.). And I'm just glad Melody never made it to being an Official Disney Princess. I got really SICK of Melody's blame-shifting and her constant finger-pointing at Ariel. All of that bleep and s**t is what I despise about Merida's personality, Elsa's personality, Belle's personality, Tiana's personality, and some other non-princess heroines from decades prior that all eerily resemble one another.

This makes my opinion unpopular on Fanpop, I know. But there it is. I don't like Return to the Sea because all it is, is "Melody's-unhappy-with-her-life-and-w­ith­-ev­ery­one­-in­-it­-sh­ow.­&qu­ot; And from my perspective, Melody and her movie can both go into the "chucked it" pile. I'd rather watch Cinderella III or Mulan II, instead.
wavesurf commented…
People do whine that Ariel was wrong to withhold the truth from Melody. However, because of what I "know" about Melody's characterization from the movie, even if Ariel had broken down and told Melody "the whole truth"-- Melody would have just used "the truth" to attack Ariel anyway, because that is just how manipulative Melody is. Melody would have always blamed Ariel, even if Ariel had told her everything from the get-go. Melody has a mean personality overall, and she thinks nothing of manipulating people to obtain what she wants. That's what makes me hate Melody. Melody is quite a crappy sequel character in my opinion. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Whatever wewe alisema wavesurf. It doesn't matter for me if wewe dislike Melody. But what make me upset is how judgemental the way wewe use to shown it and how obsessed are wewe with Ariel. Excessive obsession is so unhealty. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
wavesurf commented…
^ Your not so subtle judgmental tactics against whatever I say and towards whatever I like au dislike is unhealthy. I find your approach really off-putting. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Merida has my favorite DP wardrobe. Her green blue dress is one of my favorite colors of all time, plus it looks really warm and comfy and I love the little elbow puffs. Her blue dress is gorgeous and I love the pearl details, the fabric looks so silky and smooth. (For some reason the wimple doesn't bother me, although I prefer her without it.) And her black dress has a really cool design along the hem, plus the fabulous elbow puffs have returned for an encore! I want all three of her dresses, they are each so lovely.
 Merida has my inayopendelewa DP wardrobe. Her green blue dress is one of my inayopendelewa colors of all time, pl
wavesurf commented…
You've seen my makala on rated DP outfits, and Merida's wardrobe is near the top. For I do like her green dress a lot, and the dark navy one ( you're calling it black) with the green insert undergown, the tartan plaid at the waist, and the saxon mbwa trim is really pretty, too. I'm not fond of the ultra tight, light blue pearl embroidered dress. It looks really uncomfortable to me. I crocheted both the green dress and the white undergarment for my crocheted Merida doll. It even has the elbow inserts!! I have the right green color for the last undergarment gown, but I have yet to find the right deep navy blue color.... Maybe when I am out of nursing school, I'll have zaidi time to do hunting for things like this. *sighs deeply* zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MaidofOrleans commented…
Wow, that is awesome! How crafty :) I've always thought it might be nice to learn how to crochet, although I'm not sure I'd have the patience for it haha. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
ace2000 commented…
I actually dislike her wardrobe so much lol. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita AmySong said…
The Disney's Princesses are not anti-feminist. It's not a unpopular opinion here on fanpop but it's everywhere else i go.
While some peoples think Merida was ugly and hideous, I don't think so. True, she isn't as prettier as the other princesses. But that wasn't make her ugly. Curly red hair, round face, small eyes, small nose, and fair body, I don't see how she was ugly. She has most unique look from all the princesses. I like how Pixar animated her well, like the real 16 year old teenage girl, and not too much sexualized like some previous princesses.
 While some peoples think Merida was ugly and hideous, I don't think so. True, she isn't as prettier a
deedragongirl commented…
I have to agree, she's pretty in her own ways. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MaidofOrleans commented…
I think she's gorgeous! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
PrincessAyeka12 commented…
I upendo her hair colour and the highlights. It's like mine (but brighter, mine is darker). Merida's shade of hair is beautiful and looks like it's on moto (like autumn trees in the sun)! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I hate it when people, especially from IMDb compare the 1950 version of Cinderella to its 2015 reboot. The latter has more character developments.
That's a normal thing happened to remake movie. People always compare it with either awali movies/books/video games etc. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
If Disney can't include both of Frozen girls to the Princess lineup as the film and Elsa's overpopularity, I wish at least they can include Anna as a DP. She's kinda underappreciated and not as popular as her sister.
wavesurf commented…
To address your unpopular opinion, Elsa eclipses Anna, because the whole Frozen fanbase is so completely obsessed and "in love" with her. *To this day, I see ZERO appeal in Elsa, the coward.* Anna is silly,too. Anna falls for two loser guys. Neither one of those guys (Hans au Kristoff) did anything particularly brave au sacrifical for Anna during the movie. Olaf, the snowman, did zaidi sacrifical things for Anna than the male dudes did. Anna first falling for Hans, and then for Kristoff was just absurd. A girl going from one man to the next? Ick. This was all meant to "lampoon" the "the true upendo aspect" found in prior Disney Princess films. I caught on to that really, really fast. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Oh, c'mon, another out of topic comments? And now wewe bring Merida on this topic? I DIDN'T TALK ANYTHING ABOUT MERIDA au HER FILM NOW! Are wewe don't read my awali maoni clearly? And guess what? Because I like Merida better than Ariel, huh, so wewe used it for againts me back? Yes, BATB is popular, but in my view TLM is maarufu too. And I don't see many hatred of TLM like what wewe said, instead I think some films like Brave, TPATF, etc. are getting zaidi hatred than TLM does. TLM still has many fans. wewe just act overreacting and misunderstood with only A FEW HATRED with TLM and Ariel from other peoples imo. What wewe want is everyone praise it like wewe does and pretend it was perfect and no one hates it. While in reality it wasn't always happen. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Well, I just post my opinion here and as long as wewe ametoa maoni the topic in my opinion, I accept that even if wewe disagree with it. But as wewe started to talk about other people's opinion and getting out of topic in my opinion, then it upset me a lot. I'm getting sick with Ariel things that always referred with wewe in many topics. If wewe don't always talk about Ariel, TLM, blablabla, in non-TLM-related topic this debate WON'T be happen. I just think to NOT sharing my opinion about TLM au Ariel here, to avoid zaidi debates especially with you. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Some Moana opinions

-I'm liking the film but refrain from reading reviews since most of them are 'Moana is better than any other stupid Disney princess cause she's a chief and she doesn't have a romance with some loser dude' siigh. I really dislike all the negativity tbh.

-Maui is kinda handsome. There's just something about the body and the hair and the vulnerable moments he has in the film that make me care for him. The idea of him carrying his love around in his arms makes the big fat-ass romantic in me swoon...

-I don't ship Moana and Maui but I don't mind if people do so. I just don't really get ship shaming and how some annoying and obsessive the anti-fans are. This is the Judy and Nick situation all over again.

-Moana was better than Zootopia. Or at least, I enjoyed it much more. All the modern references and animal puns kinda ruined it for me. And I don't care for the crime thriller genre anyway.

-I think Disney finally got the culture right here. In other from films it was either misrepresented or barely showed or was shown as a snorefest (Brother bear), so it's nice to see they finally got it right.
MalloMar commented…
I agree with everything here (except on Brother Bear). :) zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
wavesurf commented…
Kinda with wewe on most of these. I do think the negative "who-is-better-shtick" from the Disney Princess fanbase just drags everything down and down. mashabiki just get nastier during their debates. I'm considering just "checking-out" completely. On the other hand, I feel that Moana and Zootopia were basically around the same level for me, with Moana being an 8/10 and Zootopia being an 8.5/10 for me. But I did appreciate that culture was well developed in Moana...as it has not been that way for any other massive Disney hit...since the 8 years it took to develop "China" in Mulan. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MaidofOrleans commented…
I agree with all of these except for Moana being better than Zootopia. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
ajotma commented…
The only reason the Moana/Maui ship kinda bothers me is because Moana's only 16, so technically it's a little weird for me (and Maui is... thousands of years old???) If Moana were not a minor I might be zaidi okay with it. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ace2000 said…
Moana isn't particularly beautiful. *runs and hides*
I think she is, but I can understand not everyone getting into her design. I do think the movie itself actually looks very beautiful zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MaidofOrleans commented…
Oh man, I think she's gorgeous! You're totally entitled to your own opinion though. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say. :) zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
uploaded900 commented…
I think she's really pretty! I upendo her hair and the fact that her nose is pretty wide. Much like Rapunzel, she wasn't designed to be a knock out like Pocahontas though. Each to their own of course! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Not really beautiful, but I have to say she's plainly pretty. She's not as beautiful as Rapunzel, Elsa, and Anna, but prettier than Merida imo. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Some Moana opinions (not sure yet how many of these are truly unpopular):

- Hei Hei should have been switched out for Pua

- Shiny feels a little out of place but is still a catchy song

- How Far I'll Go didn't deserve two reprises and I Am Moana should have been more of its own song

- Most of the songs felt too short

- The ocean looked like a giant tongue whenever it reached out to Moana and I think that could have been animated better (the rest of the movie is gorgeous though)

- The film's desire to be inclusive, multicultural, and respectful was partially ruined by Hei Hei who used mental disabilities as comedic relief
ajotma commented…
Yeah, I definitely preferred Pua over Hei Hei and wish he was in the movie more! The use of Hei Hei's unintelligence as comic relief was just like Gerald and Becky in Finding Dory, it was a little disappointing. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MaidofOrleans commented…
^ That's exactly what I was thinking! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ajotma said…
I don't wanna sound mean (I'm kind of an opinionated b*tch, I'm sorry), but I'm hella sick of all the trolling/purposely controversial/unrelated polls/comments on here. And the homophobia on this club (which has somewhat died down) that I've mentioned before. It's almost 2017. That sh*t ain't cool.
MaidofOrleans commented…
Completely agree. I'm so sick of all this shit. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
stepford_dream commented…
Tehehe, the zaidi everyone reports Xanara the less they can ripoti me tehehe. And Sparklefairy375 is right, homosexuality is not something that should be supported. It goes against nature, religion, and traditional family values so don't impose your bullshit on all of us. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
ajotma commented…
^ oh, looks like that person's account is gone, okay zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I honestly think that Maui is a terrible and poorly done character! I saw trailers and commercials of him being annoying as hell but tried to stay optimistic because of how I thought I'd dislike Nick Wilde but ended up LOVING! But Maui is just an AWFUL character! He has an ego so big that he makes Gaston look humble, he has no problem leaving Moana to die before his "redemption" starts to "develop", the conflict of the movie was his fault and he's too easily forgiven, his "apology and redemption feels tacked on and not genuine AT ALL, his development is rushed and poorly done, and his friendship with Moana isn't well-done AT ALL! I don't know why people like him so much! He's like Flynn Rider and Naveen, except with only their negative traits and none of their positives. I like Dwayne Johnson, but I can't stand Maui!
deedragongirl commented…
I have to agree, because it's like a recycle version of Flynn and Naveen, especially the beginning when we first met him. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
anukriti2409 commented…
I quite agree on major points that his and Moana's friendship isnt developed at all. I dont hate him. I agree he has a big ego but i understood the reason for it as abandonment, which i think is huge as well. Moana and Maui seemed like Marafiki with benefits and i was glad to see them part ways in the end. I also felt that the part he left Moana alone was brutal and his return was quite poorly done. That being said, i dont despise him but he's an okay character. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I absolutely agree with this. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I don't like Prince Adam's appearance shortly after being transformed back into a human, he looks like a typical pretty boy with long hair!
I am fine with his long red hair but his face is ugly for me and looks older than his actual age. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
wavesurf commented…
I didn't think he looked that handsome, either, Dee. He just looked like Fabio selling "I can't believe it's not butter." zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Some unpopular opinions on Moana

1. The plotline is quite weak and a mishmash of TLM's opposite view and Mulan. It became so predictable. The execution of it is though pretty good.
2. I still didnt understand why ocean chose Moana?
3. I dont Maui as great a character as everyone seems to be making him
4. Music of Moana is more beautiful than the lyrics of its songs. Lyrics are quite unoriginal imo
5. I think i'll lose my love for Moana much more quickly.

MaidofOrleans commented…
Agree with pretty much all of these, although I upendo most of the lyrics. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MaidofOrleans commented…
^^ I think the ocean didn't deliver the moyo itself because it would have killed Tefiti kwa trying to put it in her (lava and water don't exactly mix well). zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I agree with all of these. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita MalloMar said…
I think Moana is one of the best/most enjoyable Cgi Disney movies, second only to Wreck it Ralph. The others (Tangled, Brave, BH6, Zootopia, Frozen, and Bolt) are objectively very good movies, but I personally just like them.
wavesurf commented…
I kind of feel that with Moana, "there was an actual story this time," not a weird rewite of an original story with nothing going on at all in the revised version. But I did see a lot of copy-paste from TLM, Mulan, and oddly-- Raiders of the Lost Ark. lol. Anyhow, I just feel it was a better offering than some of the prior sinema of the Revival (TPATF, Brave, Frozen, BH6, etc.) For me, Moana is zaidi like Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph. I don't necessarily mind any of them, but, as wewe said, I have a heard time feeling anything for the modern era except a "like" au a "dislike." I'm now wondering if I'll ever get back to loving an animated film the way I did before. And I don't think this is rooted in nostalgia at all. It's just that my expectations are so..erm...high. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
MalloMar commented…
No, I completely get you. There is a lot of 'Disney checklist' in Moana (main character feels trapped, 'I want' Song, character personalities, etc.) but I also haven't enjoyed any of their other 'modern formulaic' sinema as much as this one. Maybe its the music, uhuishaji and/or setting...something beautiful and magical that I haven't seen since The Princess and the Frog. Then again, I know wewe didn't like that one either. Its cool. Thanks for commenting. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
xanara commented…
I liked Frozen and Moana the most. They are the most classic Disney to me. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Another Moana one...I laughed at Heihei...a lot. I mean, he is supposed to be a comedic sidekick. It honestly didn't enter my mind at the time that this character would be taken offensively or was making fun of anyone (since Disney has included less intelligent characters in some of their movies) until I came to Fanpop. I do understand people's problem with this character now that I think about it and I do feel sh*tty for finding this character hilarious. I guess I have somewhat of a dumb sense of humor (Then again, I don't usually find these types of characters/humor funny). Anyway, those are my thoughts. I did want to see more of Pua. He's adorable.
i see Pua zaidi as a flounder. not really "funny"; but really only there to look cute (sell toys). I'm thinking they had in mind not putting sidekicks in this movie, which is why they feel so...pointless. wewe can cut them out and the movie works just fine. Maui works best as a sidekick over either of them anyhow. He's basically the Genie to Moana's Aladdin. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
wavesurf commented…
I did find Heihei the equivalent of Maximus, Olaf, and Sven. Stupid just so the story doesn't become too morose. But he did save the "heart" thingy a couple of times for Moana...so this might be an unpopular opinion. I don't think Heihei is as stupid as he appears. At the end of the movie, there is a distinct change in Heihei's viewpoint about the ocean. And I had to laugh. Even he GREW and changed. Which was surprising for a tiny minor, minor sidekick. wewe usually don't see that happening at all. So I cut Heihei some slack. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
anukriti2409 commented…
@scartletunicorn: ooohh, i upendo the idea of Maui as Moana's Genie. Its a good comparison. I agree, there's hardly any need for sidekicks in this movie. I think ocean is also quite an okay sidekick. They could have animated ocean better. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
^That scene is from teaser trailer and fyi, Disney usually don't use scenes from teaser trailer in the movie. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
"You're welcome" is stuck in my head and i keep humming it. I love the upbeat music of it. I like it more than the other songs as of now.
deedragongirl commented…
I completely forgotten how it sound like already!! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
yes, the songs are very catchy zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I think Meg and Bagheera are my favorite Disney characters full-stop (if we're gonna rank by male and female). Probably not the most conventional choices but there's something about the two of them that appeals to me massively. (and no, it's not a furry thing). Must be either their personalities and that they're in two of my fave Disney films.

I just wish they had more merch and attention given by Disney themselves. We just had the Jungle Book remake, I know, but rather we'd have some merchandise aimed to the older crowd...? I'd totally love to see something like a bag themed by the green of the jungle book or a purple scarf based on Meg.
I'm the same with other characters and movies, though. Like i'd love a stylized drawing of say, Moana and Maui, or Merida's bear locket.
AudreyFreak commented…
Man, I miss when wewe were still nice and baridi about this stuff than wewe are now. I don't know what happened to you, Eryn, but wewe don't need to be hostile about cartoons and take offense to literally everything. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I can imagine I'll get some disagreements here, but this is why we have this forum. I loved The Good Dinosaur. I can admit it isn't particularly a fresh idea, it's predictable, it's logic is flawed and it just overall isn't technically great. I saw the everything wrong with TGD before actually seeing the movie. At the time I hadn't planned on seeing it. Anyway, based on that, I thought I'd roll my eyes throughout the movie and that I'd be annoyed by the characters, but I was wrong. I enjoyed all of it. Though some characters did fall into the annoying range, I eventually grew to like all of them.

I think most agree that it's visually beautiful, and I'm not going to argue. The soundtrack was on point and it captured the emotional content very well. I guess I like that this movie doesn't try hard to be modern and cool, and it doesn't make references to pop culture. It just tells a story unlike a lot of newer movies. It has a lot of charm.

So pretty much, I can admit this film isn't perfect, but I enjoy it very much, and consider it one of my favorite Pixar films.
SAID NO ONE EVER
...Except I just did. I hope y'all don't hate me for this. 🙂
Hmm it's okay. I was kinda like that with Moana, i saw a buttload of flaws in the film, but i still like it. i think it's my inayopendelewa of the "road trip" sinema Disney's done /at least compared to Frozen, Tangled, PATF and Zootopia, I definitely prefer Moana over any of those) zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
It was okay for me. The uhuishaji is visually beautiful, but the story is just kinda predictable and generic, if compared with other Pixar sinema which most of them have fresh ideas of plots in their other movies. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
SarahCorine commented…
I upendo The Good Dinosaur. It's my inayopendelewa Pixar movie. I upendo Arlo, not to mention his name. I want to name my son Arlo. It's so original. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita