Win fantastic prizes!
Hello Fanpoppers. kwa now wewe may have noticed a nifty new feature was rolled out this afternoon. It's the fanpop Pop Quiz, a way to test your knowledge of all sorts of arcane trivia from movies, to muziki to hamsters.
Before diving into the details of the game, I want to send out a hearty THANKS to the fanpop team. In particular, a big heshima to link
who put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into this feature.
I'd also like to thank all the great beta testers who helped us test and refine the feature for the past month. Finally, a thank wewe to link
- the site that provided the nifty default ikoni sets for the spot pop chemsha bongo and superquiz.
Now onto the nitty-gritty...the specifics about the quiz. Playing the Quiz
wewe can play the chemsha bongo in one of two ways.
1) The Super Quiz link
is the ultimate test of fanpopper knowledge. Superquiz pulls maswali from the full spectrum of topics on the site. Each swali will tell wewe what topic and channel it's about. Just start answering maswali to start racking up points and winning virtual prizes. If wewe run across a swali wewe don't want to answer, wewe can simply click the "skip this question" link to get a new question.
wewe can also use the filter in the right column of the superquiz ("show maswali for") to only display maswali from a specific channel (e.g. movies) au to only display maswali from subjects wewe are subscribed to.
A small module on the lower right side of the page will display your superquiz progress (how many points you've scored, how many maswali asked and what your current prize is).
2) Individual Pop Quizzes
If wewe want zero in on a specific topic, we also feature pop chemsha bongo for each shabiki club (spot). So for instance, if wewe wanted to play The Office Pop Quiz, just go to The Office shabiki Club and click the "quizzes" link below the spot banner (there is also a module on the right side of each shabiki club homepage that will allow wewe to start playing).
Spot-specific chemsha bongo have their own leaderboards and prize sets (see the small module in the lower right column of the spot chemsha bongo pages). Making chemsha bongo Questions
To make a chemsha bongo swali wewe will need to go to the shabiki Club's chemsha bongo and click the "add a question" link au button.
When creating a swali wewe must:
* Ask a question
* Enter at least 2 possible answers
* Select the correct answer
Optionally wewe may:
* Add an image
* Embed a video
* Add picha for each of the possible answers
* Add some short trivia about the question
wewe have some limited editing capabilities once wewe publish a question, but it's best to make sure that wewe have spelled everything correctly and have made the swali and answer factually correct before posting.
Additionally, here are some other tips for making good questions:
* Play the chemsha bongo in the shabiki club before posting new questions. This way wewe can avoid making duplicate questions.
* Avoid subjective maswali (e.g "Who do wewe like better?). Subjective maswali should be ilitumwa as picks.
* Avoid maswali that are time-specific au can be rendered incorrect kwa events in the future. For instance: "What's the highest grossing British film of all-time?". A better swali is "As of 2007, what's the highest grossing British film of all-time?". For TV shows that are still airing, a swali like "How many seasons of One mti Hill"? is also a bad idea (until the onyesha has concluded).
* Avoid vague questions: "Who did John kiss on tonight's episode?" is ambiguous if John kisses someone in every episode. A better swali would be "Who did John kiss in the season 3 episode, 'The Hunted'"? Reporting Quizzes
If wewe see an inaccurate, inappropriate au badly worded chemsha bongo question, wewe can flag it au contact the fanpop team.
chemsha bongo creators do have limited ability to modify their maswali after they are made, however we have curtailed these options in order to prevent any abuse.
Note that in some instances, the fanpop team will need to futa maswali in order to be fair to the people participating in the game. If this happens, feel free to repost a corrected version of the question. Leaderboard & Prizes
As wewe gain points kwa playing the quiz, wewe will notice that wewe gain new "prizes". link
We have also made some "custom" prize sets for certain pop chemsha bongo (should be out shortly) :-)
* The Office
* Harry Potter
* nyota Wars
If wewe have ideas au want to make a custom prize sets for other spots, feel free to message me.
as well as link
allow wewe to compare your performance against other fans.
wewe can view leaderboard info for:
* vs. all-time leaders
* vs. Marafiki (people wewe are a shabiki of)
* chemsha bongo makers Odds & Ends
A few other items of note:
* There's a new heshima type for the chemsha bongo questions
* profaili page includes scores for all your individual chemsha bongo (link
* profaili page includes all your chemsha bongo contributions (link
* wewe can also view a link
on the site
That's it for now. But as always, we'll be planning to improve the feature as time goes on. So don't hesitate to drop be a line if wewe have any feedback!
I imagine I won't last on the leaderboard for very long now that everyone is playing ;-)