Question 7..Where can I find the FAQs?
Basically this will be a collection of all the picks asking "HOW DO I- insert basic function here ?" (usually with the options IDK
and PLZ tell me in commentz
) and my short answer to these inquiries. Now that we have the new majibu feature they are usually ilitumwa as an answer request but still repeated endlessly.
I usually ripoti these kind of picks/answers and they get deleted as they are effectively spam. The drawback is: all information users leave in the maoni is lost. link
seems to only be used kwa a limited number of mashabiki and though I use it frequently I hate how all information is Lost in the multiple pages after a while.
I found the officiallink
don't cover all the basics as I usually like to refer people there.
Also this is in no way meant to rival the very well writtenlink
which is much zaidi detailed.
Who are the fanpop Four (F4)? They are the link and run this place. link link link link
Read zaidi on how fanpop started and how things developed link
How do wewe contact them? Read link
1a)How do I shabiki someone? Read link
1b)How do I futa a user from my shabiki list? Go your profaili and click on "fans".
wewe will see a orodha of ikoni and the names of the users wewe fanned. inayofuata to their name wewe see a little red cross. When wewe click on the kuvuka, msalaba the user is deleted from your orodha of fans.
Note: The person will NOT be informed. But some users keep a close eye on their fancount and might research if they see it dropping. They will however NOT get a message saying they were dropped from someone else's fanlist.
2)How do I tunga an makala (old name is Soapbox)? Go to the appropriate club.
tafuta before uandishi a new article. makala are supposed to be written kwa users! If wewe find a funny makala someone wrote on the Internet post it as a link.
Scroll down to the makala box.
inayofuata to the headline wewe see the option
3)How do I get a medal? Medals (little dots wewe get on your profaili in green,yellow and red) are awarded kwa the SITE (unlike heshima which are awarded kwa USERS see Question 11) for your contributions. No one knows how it really works. Just know that if wewe contribute a lot of good content wewe will be rewarded. The F4 won't tell anyone how au when. wewe can read zaidi in the site'slink
Also link makala I wrote on medali and how they are aliyopewa oot.
4) How do I get zaidi fans? Don't make picks, foramu etc asking for fans. Instead link
5) How do I make a club (old name spot)? Search!! See if the club already exists. See if a similar club exists. tafuta again using other terms to see if wewe are not making a duplicate club.
Go to the main page.
www.fanpop.com Scroll down.On the bottom right wewe will see a box: inayofuata to "browse clubs" written in blue
+ create new club
For zaidi information:link
For help with your spot ikoni and banner:link
6) How do I get people to jiunge a spot I made? link
7)How do I find the FAQs? Scroll to the bottom of the page. See image above
8) How do I change my user icon?
(personal tip from me: DON'T attempt kwa sending me your nenosiri and asking ME to change it for
you..that will just result in me having fun BUT your image will never be changed) Instead save a picture to your link. When uploading wewe will be asked if the image is supposed to be your new user icon. Check that box!
wewe can only have picha wewe previously added to your gallery as a user icon. If wewe want another ikoni click on the little "person" symbol beneath the image (there is a picture in the makala I linked) in your gallery and your ikoni will automatically be changed.
9)How do I format my text?
Font styles: [
Your text between the brackets will be bold
when uandishi it like this[
Your text between the brackets will be in italics
when uandishi it like this [
Your text between the brackets will be underlined
when uandishi it like this[
link text e.g. "germany123 profaili page"[
For zaidi details read link
10) How do I futa a spot I created? In short: wewe can't futa a spot yourself!
Once a spot is imewasilishwa it belongs to the community of fanpop.com.
wewe can however link a spot wewe made. Click on the ripoti flag on the juu of the spot and choose the reason as to why the spot should be deleted.
Also wewe can leave a maoni in the "notes" box. Do not overuse this function! THINK before wewe make a new spot!
10a) How do I futa my profile?
(and haven't people been waiting for this one..thanks, eline, for the info) Click on the "edit profile" symbol underneath your profaili info and scroll to the bottom. Type in your nenosiri and click "remove my account".
The content ilitumwa to fanpop will remain, for zaidi information readlink
11) How do I get a prop? By contributing great content au leaving nice maoni on other peoples contributions. Other users on the site compliment wewe kwa rewarding wewe with heshima and often a nice personal message.
11a)How do I give a prop?
Read zaidi on heshima and how to award them link
(the FAQs are a little dated there is a quiz/answers heshima available)and a little picture guide of how to give them to someone can be found link
. (look at the answer i gave)
Read how link
and Katreader wrote link
12) How do I let people know I have an idea for the site? If wewe have an idea how to make the site better (or different) wewe can post it in the link. wewe wont get an immediate response but the F4 will read it.
wewe can also use the link found on the bottom of the page
13)How do I use the "Answers" feature?
Read zaidi about "answering etiquette" inlink
Not sure where to ask your question? Here is link
on how to distinguish between picks, quizzes, foramu and answers.
14) How do I ripoti content? Look for a little grey flag inayofuata to the item wewe want to report. Clicking that will open options (depending on the content) click the one that suits the most e.g. "spam".
Be sure to add additional information in the little notes box.
e.g.when reporting a chemsha bongo question: "The correct answer is "1876" but it is not given." Read my maoni link why using the notes box is so important.
Also -as usual- link
And to quote myself:link
15) How do I futa a pick I made? You can not futa a pick wewe made yourself. Use the ripoti flag and give the reason why it should be removed in the notes section.
16) How do I futa a chemsha bongo I made? See number 15
16a) How do I hariri a chemsha bongo I made? Once a chemsha bongo has been answered wewe can't hariri the majibu anymore. If wewe made a mistake (marking the wrong answer as "correct" ripoti the swali and put an explanation in the notes section. The F4 will then hariri it to the correct response (if it's given) and all scores will be recalculated. If the correct answer is NOT aliyopewa the swali will be removed but wewe can submit it again with the correct answer.
17) How do I change the banner& ikoni of a spot/club I didn't
create? Read link
18) How do I change the banner& ikoni of a spot/club I created? After the spot is created wewe click on the pencil symbol that says "edit spot" (located on the right, underneath the standard banner, inayofuata to the ripoti button). This will take wewe to the editing page where wewe can pakia both ikoni and banner.Uploading might take a moment- make sure wewe wait its completed before hitting submit.
For additional info Read link
Also remember: The spot belongs to the community. wewe as a spot creator have the power to change the ikoni and banner but don't drive mashabiki of the spot crazy kwa constantly changing them.
19) How do I futa my messages permanently? Read link
20) How do I leave a spot I'm a member of? Read link
21) How do I block a user from sending me messages? Open a message they sent you. On the bottom of the message wewe will find several options: reply, delete, block user,return to inbox. Press "block user". In your message section wewe can always click "blocked users" on the juu line to see people wewe blocked. They will not be notified of this. Their messages will be sent normally and wewe will NOT get notified (no envelope and no "new message number". It will however stay in your trash folder until wewe futa it for good. For zaidi information link.
If people spam wewe continuously au send abusive messages ripoti them au contact the F4 directly. Don't use this option lightly especially when it comes to personal feuds.
21a)How do I remove a user from my orodha of blocked users? Read link
22)How do I change my username? You can not change your username. Once wewe have created a profaili its there to stay. wewe can ripoti it and then make a new account but I advise wewe not to. Once wewe are a part of the community that's your name, this is how people will recognize you
23)How do I save something to my favorites? Read link
24)How do I futa an image I posted? Read link.It is also applicable for video and links. Remember
: wewe can NOT futa chemsha bongo au picks au forums. wewe can hariri them to a certain extent but if wewe want them removed wewe will have to ripoti them (give a valid reason in the notes section).
25)How do I add an image to my answer in a foramu au answer? Read link
26)How do I shabiki (rate) content? Read link
27)How do I earn nyara for my showcase? Usually wewe should get them quite quickly after completing a certain task, e.g. adding a motto.
The good luck charms, holiday nyara etc will appear pretty randomly so your best bet is to just.....wait.
Read zaidi on nyara link
28)How do I customize the pop-oot? Read link
29)How do I stop a user from posting on my wall? You can customize your ukuta settings kwa clicking on "wall" and in the blue bar on the right wewe will find the preferences. Select how wewe want to filter your wall.Or, wewe can reach these settings via your profaili settings.Screencap of your options is link
. Other very helpful articles Why should I bother using keywords?
article. How does the tafuta work on fanpop?
. Is there any information on fanpop etiquette?
There is a- sadly not very active- link
wewe can browse for zaidi info and I also wrote this link