Game of Thrones And Now My Rewatch Begins: Post-Series Rewatch Commentary

DarkSarcasm posted on May 21, 2019 at 12:28AM
Anyone doing a post-series rewatch?

I am and I kinda wanted a place to ramble about it, sooo welcome to the rewatch forum. =P

Feel free to join in with your own rewatch thoughts, progress updates, or cool things you notice this time around!
 Anyone doing a post-series rewatch? I am and I kinda wanted a place to ramble about it, sooo wel
last edited on May 25, 2019 at 07:01PM

Game of Thrones 271 majibu

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 271

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DarkSarcasm said…
5/20/2019. And now my rewatch begins. I have S1&2 on Blu-ray but I'm rewatching through Hulu because a) I'll shave off some time by not having to switch discs, b) I want to rewatch the whole series before HBO runs out, and c) I'm lazy. XD
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Ranty-cat commented…
Relatable!! XD zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Both the first and the last scene of the series happened North of the Wall.
 Both the first and the last scene of the series happened North of the Wall.
THEY'RE BABIES (it took me approximately 1 post to decide that I'm not coloring every damn picture)
 THEY'RE BABIES (it took me approximately 1 post to decide that I'm not coloring every damn picture)
heart
"The runt of the litter. That one's yours, Snow." I <3 this little shit so much. XD
 "The runt of the litter. That one's yours, Snow." I <3 this little shit so much. XD
"Please, please, it's the only thing I've ever wanted." Oh, my sweet summer child.
 "Please, please, it's the only thing I've ever wanted." Oh, my sweet summer child.
"And have you bled yet?" NICE ICEBREAKER, CERSEI

This might be worth watching for the evolution of her hair alone. XD
 "And have wewe bled yet?" NICE ICEBREAKER, CERSEI This might be worth watching for the evolution of
and then Ned and Jaime kiss and the Starks and the Lannisters all live happily ever after
 and then Ned and Jaime kiss and the Starks and the Lannisters all live happily ever after
Ranty-cat commented…
XD zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I was just hit with an intense wave of EMOTIONS
 I was just hit with an intense wave of EMOTIONS
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ThePrincesTale said…
Ahaha wonderful idea for a forum. Honestly it's just gonna be my plain Watch, not even my Rewatch coz confession: watched the first season, then read the books... and never got around to properly watching the other seasons except in dribs and drabs. Season 8 Ep 1 was like two seasons worth of spoilers in one episode lol ("wtf is dany doing here? what happened to tommen?? where tf did they pull euron from and why is he a pirate???"). Gotta go back and have the full experience :3
DarkSarcasm commented…
What... how... why...?! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
ThePrincesTale commented…
THE vitabu TOOK 1.5 YEARS OF MY LIFE, didn't think I could kubeba sinking in a few zaidi months to GoT at that point haha. Also Dany's Meeren storyline drove me mad LOL randomly chanced across this old convo on a fanpop foramu the other siku xD link zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
DarkSarcasm commented…
Mistakes? In GOT? Whaaaaat? =P zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
1x02. Wonder what Jorah would've thought about Daenerys vs. King's Landing? I like to think that if he'd been there to talk her through the loss of Missandei, maybe she wouldn't have Lost Her Shit.
 1x02. Wonder what Jorah would've thought about Daenerys vs. King's Landing? I like to think that if
Ranty-cat commented…
Agreed zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
"I want you. To leave." GOD, Cat was a bitch.

Cersei was actually pretty likeable early on, compared to Cat. Up until she ordered the execution of Lady, anyway.
 "I want you. To leave." GOD, Cat was a bitch. Cersei was actually pretty likeable early on, comp
"If it comes to that, you know I'll stand behind you."
"What, is there going to be a battle in the Godswood?"
*looks into camera like Jim from The Office*
 "If it comes to that, wewe know I'll stand behind you." "What, is there going to be a battle in the G
Think of how much suffering could've prevented if Arya had just... stuck him with the pointy end.
 Think of how much suffering could've prevented if Arya had just... stuck him with the pointy end.
Ranty-cat commented…
I hated Sansa so much back then. Especially in this scene. She was supporting Joffery who almost killed her sister. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
DarkSarcasm commented…
Me too. Even knowing what I know now, it's hard to like her back when she's in I <3 Prince Joffrey Mode. I think "or maybe he'll give me yours" was the turning point for me. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Bibi69 said…
big smile
5/20/2019. And now my rewatch begins. I have Season 1 through 7 on DVD. But I'll just watch it on Crave, because I'm lazy and I can watch it at work during breaks.
laugh
Oh right. I forgot Matt Damon was in this!
 Oh right. I forgot Matt Damon was in this!
DarkSarcasm commented…
LOL I thought he looked familiar. XD zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
1x03. "Tell me, if I had stabbed The Mad King in the belly instead of the back, would you admire me more?"
Jaime saved a loooot of people by killing The Mad King. Who planned to "burn them all" like a certain someone else we know. Why does everyone still seem so resentful? He did y'all hell of a favor.

I got really fed up with Jaime in S8, then took a quiz that matched me with him, and it had a description that made everything just click. He is back in my good graces. And I plan on ending my rewatch before he has a chance to do The Thing again.
 1x03. "Tell me, if I had stabbed The Mad King in the belly instead of the back, would wewe admire me
"He won't be a boy forever"

You got that right. Soon enough he'll be king!
 "He won't be a boy forever" wewe got that right. Soon enough he'll be king!
laugh
"What about you?"
"I'm not a Stark"

You got that right. It was there all along!
 "What about you?" "I'm not a Stark" wewe got that right. It was there all along!
Varys, S1: Knowledge is my trade.
Varys, S8: uhhhh?
I've always enjoyed watching Littlefinger scheme, but knowing just how many strings he was pulling makes it even more entertaining. #puppetmaster
 I've always enjoyed watching Littlefinger scheme, but knowing just how many strings he was pulling ma
DarkSarcasm commented…
"Petyr has offered to help us find the truth." lolol zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Bibi69 commented…
XD Suuuuuuuuuure. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Ranty-cat commented…
Lmao zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
"Show me your muscles! Ah. You'll be a soldier!"

If Robert only knew he would actually take his place.
 "Show me your muscles! Ah. You'll be a soldier!" If Robert only knew he would actually take his pl
Ranty-cat commented…
I kinda miss him. He was the most successful ruler from s1 to s8 till Bran. Three Eyed raven will definitely last longer than anyone. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
laugh
"I have a son. You have a daughter. We'll join houses."

It's just not the ones he intended who eventually hooked up.
 "I have a son. wewe have a daughter. We'll jiunge houses." It's just not the ones he intended who eve
DarkSarcasm commented…
I know A Girl Needs Adventures, but that still woulda been cool. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
DarkSarcasm commented…
ALSO I'm pissed that Arya and Yara only met once and did not hit it off. Because that's what Yara wanted too. They would've made a good team. "I don't want to have a dozen sons. I want to have adventures." zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
It's still fascinating that ALL of this started on a lie because Robert was pissed Lyanna chose a Targaryen over him.
 It's still fascinating that ALL of this started on a lie because Robert was pissed Lyanna chose a Tar
DarkSarcasm commented…
Did he know she willingly chose Rhaegar, though, au did they just run off together and he assumed the worst? zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
DarkSarcasm commented…
The GOT wiki says: Robert was betrothed to Lyanna Stark, Eddard's sister. However, Lyanna was allegedly kidnapped kwa Rhaegar Targaryen. The Mad King had Eddard's father and brother killed for protesting against the kidnapping. Their deaths sparked a massive uprising against Aerys led kwa Robert, Eddard and Jon Arryn. Lyanna and Aerys died during the civil war that followed. Robert claimed the Iron kiti cha enzi because he started the war and killed Prince Rhaegar personally. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
DarkSarcasm commented…
Is this something that's up for debate, au did I miss a real explanation somewhere? XD zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
laugh
"You don't want to wake the Dragon, do you?"

Oh. And boy did she wake the damn Dragon in the end.
 "You don't want to wake the Dragon, do you?" Oh. And boy did she wake the damn Dragon in the end.
The first scene of a long series of scenes between those two. And I think I loved every single one of them.

Huh. I never considered them in my favorite pairing, but I really do love them!
 The first scene of a long series of scenes between those two. And I think I loved every single one of
Huh. Didn't realize Nick Offerman was in Game of Thrones.
 Huh. Didn't realize Nick Offerman was in Game of Thrones.
Still one of the most uncomfortable scenes to watch for me. And people thought the Arya/Gendry scene was uncomfortable! Jeez.
 Still one of the most uncomfortable scenes to watch for me. And people thought the Arya/Gendry scene
DarkSarcasm commented…
Yuuup. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
laugh
"I killed the last King. Least I can do is create a new one!"
 "I killed the last King. Least I can do is create a new one!"
"You are not holding a battle axe. You are holding--" "A needle."
 "You are not holding a battle axe. wewe are holding--" "A needle."
Bibi69 commented…
Stick 'em with the pointy end! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
1x04. How did it take me so long to catch on that Jorah was a spy? "Khaleesi's got a khabun in the oven." "BRB, gotta run to town."
 1x04. How did it take me so long to catch on that Jorah was a spy? "Khaleesi's got a khabun in the o
Bibi69 commented…
It was even mentioned on the show. kwa him XD zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
DarkSarcasm commented…
Nobody had outright alisema it at this point! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
5/21/19. 1x02

Oh. How I didn't miss you, you little shit.
 5/21/19. 1x02 Oh. How I didn't miss you, wewe little shit.
We all wanted to be Tyrion in that scene. Just look how envious Sandor is XD
 We all wanted to be Tyrion in that scene. Just look how envious Sandor is XD
crying
"Beloved siblings". And I'm suddenly filled with sadness.
 "Beloved siblings". And I'm suddenly filled with sadness.
"I lost my first son"....... Mmmm, I forgot that scene somehow. But her prophecy predicted her only three children. Maybe she lied to Cat, though I always thought it was one of Cersei's more sincere moment. I don't know what to think anymore XD
 "I Lost my first son"....... Mmmm, I forgot that scene somehow. But her prophecy predicted her only t
DarkSarcasm commented…
I don't think it was a lie. She alisema it had black hair - kind of a specific detail, which also means that this one was really Robert's. zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Bibi69 commented…
I know. That's why I alisema it was one of her most sincere moment. It just fucks up her prophecy. Unless the witch focused on her incestuous children *shrugs* zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
"Stick 'em with the pointy end." A Girl learned her lessons alright :P
 "Stick 'em with the pointy end." A Girl learned her lessons alright :P
angelic
This scene always fills me with warm feelings.
 This scene always fills me with warm feelings.
Ned really loved his sister to endure the hate of his wife towards him and Jon for all these years. And now this scene takes another meaning.
 Ned really loved his sister to endure the hate of his wife towards him and Jon for all these years. A
"You Starks are hard to kill" Funny how he says that to one of the only Stark who does die.
 "You Starks are hard to kill" Funny how he says that to one of the only Stark who does die.
DarkSarcasm commented…
GOOD JOB JON wewe JINXED HIM zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
"The next time we see each other, we'll talk about your mother. I promise"
So many questions. Was he really going to tell him who his mother was. Or did he know somehow that they were never going to see each other. We'll never know.
 "The inayofuata time we see each other, we'll talk about your mother. I promise" So many questions. Was he
DarkSarcasm commented…
Benjen promises him a talk when he returns in the inayofuata episode au two as well. Never let a Stark man promise to tell wewe something important at a later date. XD zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
DarkSarcasm commented…
"We'll talk when I return from the hunt." Robert Baratheon too! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
"After Rhaegar Targaryen did to your sister!"
Knowing what Ned did/knows makes all of these scenes so damn different! So many more layers and meaning.
 "After Rhaegar Targaryen did to your sister!" Knowing what Ned did/knows makes all of these scenes s
"Until your brother killed that King" And you killed his daughter. The irony.
 "Until your brother killed that King" And wewe killed his daughter. The irony.
The most important prop in the history of Game of Thrones!
 The most important heshima in the history of Game of Thrones!
"Is there going to be a battle in the Godswood?" *snort* And with that very blade I might add!
 "Is there going to be a battle in the Godswood?" *snort* And with that very blade I might add!
Arya asking Nymeria to leave is one of the saddest moments.
 Arya asking Nymeria to leave is one of the saddest moments.
1x05. Really glad Loras got a makeover soon after this. XD
 1x05. Really glad Loras got a makeover soon after this. XD
Did Conleth actively turn down the creep factor over the years, or did I just get used to Varys?

He's much more interesting to watch this time, knowing what I know now.
 Did Conleth actively turn down the creep factor over the years, au did I just get used to Varys? H
"Give me 10 good men and some climbing spikes. I'll impregnate the bitch." XD
 "Give me 10 good men and some climbing spikes. I'll impregnate the bitch." XD
lol remember when everyone wanted to kill Daenerys before she became A Problem and Ned Stark was like "noooo" because of his damn "honor"
 lol remember when everyone wanted to kill Daenerys before she became A Problem and Ned Stark was like
Can you imagine how awkward this scene must've been for the poor actors? XD
 Can wewe imagine how awkward this scene must've been for the poor actors? XD
Bibi69 commented…
I KNOW!!! XD zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
1x06. "They love her." Viserys being jealous of Daenerys' popularity among her people. HMMM.

"I'm the last hope of a dynasty, the greatest dynasty this world has ever seen, since I was 5 years old, and no one has ever given me what they gave to her in that tent. Never. Not a piece of it... who can rule without wealth or fear or love?" Viserys chose wealth, since he tried to rob her. Daenerys went for "Let it be fear." Apparently "love" was the correct answer. =P
 1x06. "They upendo her." Viserys being jealous of Daenerys' popularity among her people. HMMM. "I'm