Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 54807 majibu

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1051-1100 of 54807

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Pensieve_Seeker said…
DivyaHarry, Harry had his shirt off for the prefects bath scene in GoF.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita killlacuna said…
heart
speaks for itself...

oh and btw i put "It's so overwhelmingly clear that it's Harry Potter that this question offends me!"

LOL
 speaks for itself... oh and btw i put "It's so overwhelmingly clear that it's Harry Potter that this
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DivyaHarry said…
@Pensive_Seeker: Sorry abt that. :) But it was necessary. Cuz you need to take off your clothes to take bath, right? Plus that's not why we saw GoF. But in New Moon it was more like stripping and it was so irrelevant.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Athiya said…
@Pensieve_Seeker: and Harry was dreadfully embarrassed when he was caught in that position by Myrtle. Did Eddie blushed when he stripped? No he just *sparkles* -rolls eyes-
1595: Edward isn't perfect, Mary Poppins is.
1596. THE WEASLEYS. 'nuff said.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita MissDK said…
1597. Ginny Weasley did not try to kill herself when Harry Potter broke up with her in the end of the sixth book to go and SAVE THE WORLD!

1598. Because even after so many years, talking about HP gives you goosebumps and amazing memories.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita yeppeun said…
tongue
That's true! HP is a lot better than Twilight.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita haropuff95 said…
cool
1599:the fact that Rowling barbie dolls are on sales now*woot-woot*

^Wow! I didnt even know.
1600: Bella Swan = Moaning Myrtle. Meyer copied that too.
Edward Cullen = Dobby, the house-elf (loyalty-wise and looks, but dobby is cute)

Therefore: According to Twilighters

Moaning Myrtle + Dobby = TRUE LOVE

last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
1601: Academy Award Nomination for Best Cinematography: HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE.

Razzie Award Nominees:
Worst Screen Couple: Dear Bella and Sparkler/The Mutt
Worst Screenplay: Melissa Rosenberg
Worst Sequel
Worst Supporting Actor: Eddykins

On the plus side you guys got more nominations.
Potter all the way.

Yeah, I know. Bite me(*sarcasm*)
1602: TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE = I AM LORD VOLDEMORT
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita peaceoutsuckaz said…
DivyaHary- i really dont see how Edweird is like Dobby. Dobby is insulted. i cant blame him. haha
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LilysLittleTwin said…
Poor Dobby. :( His memory is insulted!
missDK:its true,check out- link

1603.Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince was named Film of the Year at the RAAM awards

1604.there are phrases like;"the new Harry Potter","the next JK Rowling",but no "the new/next Twilight/Stephenie Meyer".That's saying something.
I am so sorry. True that Dobby is much better. Ok I stand corrected.

Moaning Myrtle (Bella) + Flobberworm (Edward) = TRUE LOVE

RIP DOBBY and SORRY.
1605:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows voted #1 for 100 books that defined the noughties.
The Telegraph said it "stands as a cornerstone of the decade, a melding of high and low culture that appeals to all ages and nations."

Twilight is #32:
"Astonishing, mainly for the ineptitude of her prose" and "teen vampire schlock."
1606: The great demand for Harry Potter books motivated the New York Times to create a separate bestseller list for children's literature in 2000.

The demand for Twilight books created a new meaning for "toilet paper".

1607: Stephen King called the HARRY POTTER series "a feat of which only a superior imagination is capable", and declared "Rowling's punning, one-eyebrow-cocked sense of humour" to be "remarkable". However, he wrote that despite the story being "a good one", he is "a little tired of discovering Harry at home with his horrible aunt and uncle", the formulaic beginning of all seven books. King has also joked that "Rowling's never met an adverb she did not like!" He does however predict that Harry Potter "will indeed stand time's test and wind up on a shelf where only the best are kept; I think Harry will take his place with Alice, Huck, Frodo, and Dorothy and this is one series not just for the decade, but for the ages".

Stephen King stated (about Meyer and Twilight), "the real difference [between J.K. Rowling and Meyer] is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer, and Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good." However, King understood the appeal of the series, adding, "People are attracted by the stories, by the pace and in the case of Stephenie Meyer, it's very clear that she's writing to a whole generation of girls and opening up kind of a safe joining of love and sex in those books. It's exciting and it's thrilling and it's not particularly threatening because it's not overtly sexual."
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LoveforSeverus said…
^thats the only reason people like Twilight. The sex. Because it sure as hell ain't love.
Divya Harry- thank u 4 saving Dobby the embarassment of bein at all like Edweird.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ravenclawgirl5 said…
smile
Hey guys! I'm new to Fanpop as a registered user, but I've been checking out this forum for quite some time now. I could think of many reasons why HP is better than Twilight, but I think you guys have listed them all already! I just wanted to say that Twilight will never be as good as HP. LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER!
welcome to the forum ravenclawgirl15!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Mrs-Grint said…
LONG LIVE HARRY POTTER! Heh heh. Who will turn thirty this year (I think so, anyway... *calculates* Yes, yes, he will turn thirty).
I LOVE these quotes by Stephen King. He is a smart man and a really really good author as well. So he knows what he is talking about.
At least Stephenie Meyer knows that "Sex sells" and she used that in her books. That's why they sold so much.

But then AGAIN - not nearly as much as the first 4 HP books.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita potterrox said…
Mrs-Grint- He's 30?? I techinically know that but still thats very weird. Your post inspired..
1608: Even though the book took place in the 1990's it doesn't seem dated at all. It transcends time!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita renrae said…
Mrs-Grint, I love you, truly I do, but

"1582. Does Twilight have it's own fantastic, quotable, hilarious musical? Yeah, that's what I thought."

Twilight does, in fact, have an awesome, quotable musical, and it is, in fact, better than the Twilight series and movies themselves. Check out "twilightthemusical.com" for more info. Unfortunately, not all of the parts are yet posted. Fortunately, it gave us the quote:

Bella: So, are we friends now?
Edward: Yes, friends. The way the cheetah is friends with the antelope just as he sinks his teeth into her.
Bella: You lost me.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita renrae said…
laugh
And, as for my own, new-ish reason. It might seem as if it's just a bunch of other reasons rehashed into one, but I hope not: 1608: Not only did Harry Potter introduce children to reading and writing, it introduced them to relationships, basic morals, and minor politics. It taught us that you can't always trust everyone, even if they ARE in a place of power, and it taught us how to behave around our peers, friends, and first loves. It taught us the difference between right and wrong. It taught us about human and animal rights, and that you should care for all other creatures as most of them mean you no harm.

And that, my friends, is the true magic of Harry Potter. *steps down off of soapbox*
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LoveforSeverus said…
^couldn't've said it better myself. And we have HP camps.
Oh my Goodness! Twilight has a musical? Wasn't there a pick on the CAT spot about that? Ah well. We have enough reasons out there! XD

That was excellent, renrae. And true!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LilysLittleTwin said…
VIVA LA HARRY POTTER! lol. Welcome, ravenclawgirl5.
Thanks for being so welcoming, HP lovers. I'm glad to be here!
Twilight has a musical? Gosh. Twilight seems to be copying HP in so many ways, doesn't it? Did you all know there's a Twilight Puppet Pals? It's nowhere near as good as PPP . . . but hey, at least it's making fun of Twilight. LOL.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita grainne93 said…
What are you guys on? 1609? hmm, well i am loving reading this.
ok

1609. Harry Potter is timeless - our children will read it, will they read Twilight? nahh.

1610. Harry Potter fans are intelligent, twilight fans are mostly screaming 14 year olds, who didnt read the book before the movie came out (i read it about three years ago, and i enjoyed it i'll admit, but NEVER did i expect people to compare it to Harry Potter)

1611. anyone who says harry potter isnt good hasnt read it, or doesnt have any imagination, or is just plain stupid.

1612. Harry Potter is in a league of its own.

1613. Harry Potter is aesthetically and beautifully written, in twilight i was constantly thinking "paint me a picture here!!"

1614. there are no loose ends like in twilight, and even if there are some small unanswered questions, we are able to figure it out for ourselves or have our own interpretation.

JKR is a genius.
^ Exactly. I can't even remember Meyer explaining why Edward couldn't read Bella's mind.
THANK YOU. :) its so funny when you read twilight fans arguments.

HARRY POTTER WIL NVA B AS GD AS TWILIGHT.
or
EDWARD ND JACOB R HOTT.

i feel my IQ dropping :/
reason 1615.
harrypotter fans are more intelligent. i just read this on an argument for twilight.

: Because its just common sence to like twilight!!! Haha. Romance means everything. Bella and Edward are like, MENT 4 each other, and everything is just.... PERFENT!! In Harry potter, u would that that harry and harmonie would like... fall in love or something.... and then u watch people die in freaky ways, and then there creepy things....GAHH!!! but yea. (: I mean, its not like twilight is all about an idiot falling in love to get away from her problems.

^^^sssh. grow a brain!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Mongoose09 said…
Reason 1616
Harry Potter is good and Twilight is fucking shit

I went there, bitch.
well said! :)
grainne93: You just proved WHY HP fans think Twilight fans are stupid. You people dont know good litterature even if it was thrown in your faces!

EDIT: I am SO sorry, I didnt read your comment thoroughly. I thought you were defending Twilight. lol.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita MissVictoire said…
1617: You can fit Harry Potter into all sorts of genres, so anyone who says they don't read it because they don't like genre x, y, or z is just being stupid. It has elements of fantasy, action/adventure, romance, and little snippets of others too. Twilight is just a wannabe supernatural fluff book with no realness, intelligence, or substance. Harry Potter is truly beautiful literature, and anyone who says different is kidding themselves.

1618: Almost all of the spin-offs of Twilight, no matter the medium, are (whether indiscreetly or obviously) making fun of it in a mean way (because it sucks so much). However, things like AVPM, Wrock, PPP, and various parodies on the web of the magical series are either praising it or teasing it all in good fun.
I'm new, by the way. :) Not to the fandom, not by a long shot, but to the site.
1619. “Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies.” -J.K.R.
Pure genius!
(quote from page 443 of HBP)

1620 (thats a big number). The CHARACTERS of twilight are crappy and minor characters have no meaning whatsoever. the characters of harry potter are amazing. and oh my snape!
1621.Twimania Vs Potterverse.Enuff said.

1622.We've got BellaCullen96.need I to explain more?

1623.The fact that what Potterverse left to us is far creative,entertaining and stylish than Bella's constant mumblings of Eddykin's supposed-god complex.

1624.Trust me,Sorting Hat quiz is far more entertaining than "Which Twilight character are you?" quiz

1625.Twifans are copying Potterverse such as Potter Puppet Pals,Wrock & AVPM into TPP,TwiRock & Twilight Musical.Why copy something that you said is worser than yours?
@haropuff95: You hit the nail on the head at 1621.

Twilight is a MANIA. Just going crazy over undead guys and apparently "hot" movie stars.

Potter is a UNIVERSE. We love what JKR has created rather than swoon over guys whose career began with Potter (if you know who I mean).

I Love Harry Potter.
1626. Harry Potter has a thick, rich, and engrossing plot full of twists and turns. Twilight has a thin, predictable plot that makes you want to fall asleep. Once you start reading Harry Potter, you literally can't stop. The only reason you wouldn't be able to put down Twilight is if someone glued your hands to the book. :P

(Something like this might have been said before, but still . . .)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita SarahBeara1231 said…
surprise
Twilight is SOOOOOOOOOO much better the stupid harry potter sucks (well most of the time)!!!!
Excuse me SarahBeara1231, why are you such a childish person to come in here and say this piece of useless information? Get out of here before I Avada Kedavra you!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita kwlski4ever said…
smile
^ exactly !
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita MissVictoire said…
Get the Florean Fortescue out of here, SarahBeara. Unless you have a real, significant reason (or reasons) to back up your idiocy, which you don't and never will, we don't want to hear this crap.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita cromulanfav said…
1627. Title of Harry Potter sounds much more interesting then twilight, i remember i read Harry Potter because it sounded like interesting book, while i read Twilight after the movie, and i was 1000 times in bookstore before and twilight never got my attention.

MissDK :
ahaha, imagine me defending Twilight! NOthanks :) harry potter is in a league of its own. twilight is what it is!
SarahBeara. :/
wheres nagini when you need her?! :/