Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 54807 majibu

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1201-1250 of 54807

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Aquilia said…
1845: We have Luna Lovegood

1846: We. Do. Not. Drool. Over. Daniel. Radcliffe.

1847: I read the entire twilight series once. And only once.

1848: Love is much better portrayed in HP... (Come on folks, it is not just drooling over your boyfriend, it's about having the courage and will to sacrifice your life for your relatives too!)

Edit:

1849: I was seriously confused through the entire TS series. I cannot say the same about HP.

1850: Hogwarts was voted to be on the top-fifty list of best educational institutions in the whole friggin Scotland, fictional or non-fictional. (Source: Article Hogwarts on Wikipedia)
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita AceofHearts said…
Oh, I remembered another one.

1851: The website mylifeistwilight. Half - rather, a lot of those stories are so very shallow and overly obsessive.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita mooimafish17 said…
angelic
1852 - Average Wizard is very very funny (in a good way) :D
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita souflizzle317 said…
haha i love this (:

1853. i know this was posted before, but i want to say it again because i really love it. JKR is realistic about war and real life. Smeyer isn't. in twilight, no one dies except for irina and in the entire series, she said about one sentence. in harry potter, JKR kills off main characters, extracting huge amounts of true emotion from her readers. and if the two authors switched series, i guarantee at least two of each the vampires and the wolves would have died in twilight, while in harry potter, harry's parents would have come back magically from the dead halfway through the first book and in the end of DH, all the death eaters and voldemorts would work out their issues, feel remorse, and realize they don't need to be evil and it would all work out. not exactly interesting...

1854. HBP (the movie) was nominated for an Oscar and the other movies have won other British movie awards. has twilight or new moon won prestigious movie awards? no, i don't think so.

1855. in twilight, the "bullies" of the story (the volturi, primarily) talk out their problems and then go away and keep acting the bullies. in harry potter, even though the epilogue was a little too cheesy for my taste, at least it showed that even draco malfoy can show enough remorse to settle down, get married, and have a son. but even with that, there was still some discrimination (ex: (not exact wording) "make sure you beat him (scorpius) in every exam, rosie. thank god you have your mother's brains"), which is realistic, funny, and interesting.
angelic
1856 - Twilight was nominated for one award, a "Razzie" for the WORST FILM OF THE YEAR! i just laughed when i found that out.
1857: A comparison of love in both series: Quote Spoiler:
Ron Weasley: No, I mean we should tell [the house elves] to get out. We don't want any more Dobbys, do we? We can't order them to die for us -
[Hermione kisses him]
Harry Potter: (weakly) Is this the moment?
[Ron and Hermione don't stop kissing and hug more tightly]
Harry Potter: (annoyed) OI! There's a war going on here!
[Ron and Hermione stop kissing, but continue to hug each other] Ron Weasley: (as though a bludger has hit him) I know, mate, so it's now or never, isn't it?

In comparison, another quote with Spoiler, from Twilight:
1. I wasn't interesting. And he was. Interesting...and brilliant...and mysterious...and perfect...and beautiful...and possibly able to lift full-sized vans with one hand. "
2. About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was part of him — and I didn't know how potent that part might be — that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.

Ladies and gentlemen, Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren. I must register my astonishment that with a romance novel (Twilight), I had to use two quotes to prove my point (still not satisfied though, and I've gone through the entire Wikiquote on Twilight), whereas I only needed one from a non-romance centered one (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows).
Hell, 1858: I even started writing serious fanfics and rp because of Harry Potter... I used to hate writing stuff before, throughout age 10-19.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LilDevinDeBest said…
cool
This might be a repetition because i didnt read all 1858 reasons... i gave up after 100....
1859 She put actual thought into the characters names..... go to this link and you can see how well thought out harry potter is link
for example:
Albus - In Latin, it means "white" (maybe for white beard). Wisdom. Albinus was Governor of Britain at the death of the Emperor Pertinax. Decimus Clodius Albinus attempted to seize the throne but ended up in alliance with another imperial contender, Septimius Severus. After Severus defeated two other rivals (Voldemort and... maybe Slytherin?), the now expendable Albinus was forced into another attempt at usurpation, an attempt that came to an end at the bloody battle of Lyon.
AND
Crucio (Cruciatus Curse) - "Crucio" is Latin for "I torture."
AND
Horcrux - "Horcrux" when broken down in many languages means "outside the cross." This is consistent with the very unholy nature of creating one, and why it is stricken from the pages in a lot of textbooks. "Crucis" means "pain or torture," and "hor" is a shortened form of the noun "horreum," which means "storehouse." Thus, "tormenting storehouse." A Horcrux is effectively a "storehouse" for the part of the soul that an individual destroys when killing someone. "Hor" can also remind readers of the words "horrible" and "horrid." The English meaning for "crux" is "the critical feature or essence," like the crux of an argument. Similar to the Latin translation, it then becomes understood as "essence storehouse." Many consider the soul to be the essence of an individual. A "crux" is also defined as a "difficult puzzle," so Horcruxes can then be seen as "horrible" or "tormenting puzzles." In Egyptian mythology, Horus was the son of the god Osiris, who became the God of the Dead. Crux is also Latin for "cross." If you combine these two words, you get the "cross of Horus," also known as the "ankh" (a cross with a loop at the top). The ankh was the symbol of life. Thus, a Horcrux would ensure life.
AND
Veela - Perhaps comes from the "Vilia," a wild woodland sprite mentioned in Franz Lehar's A Merry Widow. The Vilia transfixed the huntsman so that he fell in love with her and as a result, he wanted her to love him, or he would die. The Veelas seem to make boys and men mesmerized. In Bulgarian myths, "villa" are mythological female creatures (also called samovilla and samodiva) that are very beautiful. They live near rivers and enchant every man with their dancing and singing. Interesting how it was the Bulgarian Quidditch team that brough the Veelas to the Quidditch World Cup.
AND
Little Whinging - The house on Privet Drive is in the suburb of Little Whinging. "Whinge" is a British word for "whining and complaining." That seems to be one of the Dursleys' favorite activities whether it is about Harry, the neighbors, or just the news in general.
AND
Smeltings - The name of Dudley's school. It is the process used in producing iron ore to make it stronger and more suitable for use. Good luck with Dudders!
do i need any more examples??

And in twilight the names are VERY ORIGINAL Forks,Bella,Edward,Jacob,Charlie,Jessica,M­ike­,ec­t.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita IndianBurnHex said…
smirk
1860.(might be a repeat) We have AVPM and the ability to rewrite an awesome song such as Voldemort is Going Down to suit the purpose. For example: Edward Cullen's Going Down

Well it looks like we're just gonna have to fight. And we're gonna fight SO HARD,that we're gonna win.

They think that we're finnished. They think that we're done. They think that it's over; their book is more fun. HA! They think that we're rubbish, we know that's not true. Stop and think my friends, what would Harry do for you?

Harry never gave up the fight. Harry stood up for what is right. Well now, it's our turn!
Our turn!! Make a joyfull sound! Edward Cullen's going down!

We must unite, so we can fight. End this battle for all. Time's running out; it's time to shout! Edward Cullen's going down!

Can't you feel the fire burning. Now it's time to be a fan! A great big loyally super big super good fan! OHHHHHHHHHHHH!
We won't be pushed around any more. We'll be a force you cannot ignore. We'll be an army for JKR! For JKR!

We must unite, so we can fight. End this battle for all. Time's running out; it's time to shout! Edward Cullen's going down!

We must unite, so we can FIGHT. End this battle for all. Time's running out; it's time to shout! Edward Cullen's going... We must unite, so we can fight. Edward Cullen's going down!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita XDRoseLuvsHP said…
big smile
I would like to add (I don't think it's technically a reason, but still) that my friend, who loves Twilight, agreed with me when I said I was on team-nobody because Bella deserves to end up alone, and she added that Bella deserves to die. That made my day :D
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Pyoro_63 said…
monkey
Harry potter has action!!! Twilight has only romance and almost no action.
cake
I think it is very clear harry potter wins here - why are we comparing it to twilight - something worthy of its status i think you be better, any ideas.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DivyaHarry said…
HARRY POTTER

1. Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter): National Movie Award.

2. Emma Watson (Hermione Granger): Young Artist, National Movie, MTV, Kid's Choice Awards.

3: Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley): Young Artist Award.

4. Richard Harris(Dumbledore #1): Golden globe and Cannes film festival Best Actor Award.

5. Michael Gambon(Dumbledore #2): 4 BAFTA TV Awards.

6. Maggie Smith (Minerva McGonagall): 2 Academy Awards, 5 BAFTA Awards, 2 Golden Globes.

7. Alan Rickman (Severus Snape): BAFTA, SAG and Golden Globe Award.

8. Ralph Finnes (Voldemort): BAFTA Award.

9. Emma Thompson (Trelawney) : 2 Academy Awards, 2 BAFTA Awards and a Golden Globe.

10. Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid): BAFTA TV Awards.

11. Jim Broadbent (Horace Slughorn): Academy, BAFTA and 2 Golden Globes.

12. Gary Oldman (My Sirius): 2 BAFTA Awards.

13. Bill Nighy (Rufus Scrimgeour): 2 BAFTA, 1 Golden Globe.

14. Imelda Staunton (Umbridge): BAFTA and SAG Award.

15. David Thewlis (Remus Lupin): Cannes film festival Best Actor Award.

16. Julie Walters (Molly Weasley): 2 BAFTA and 1 Golden Globe Award.

17. Mark Williams (Arthur Weasley): SAG Award.

18. Helen McCrory (Narcissa Malfoy): BAFTA Award.

19. Miranda Richardson (Rita Skeeter): BAFTA and 2 Golden Globes.

20. John Hurt (Mr. Ollivander): 3 BAFTA and a Golden Globe Award.

TWILIGHT

1. Kristen Stewart (Mary-Sue Swan): BAFTA Award:Rising Star, MTV, Teen Choice, Scream and People's Choice Awards.

2. Robert Pattinson (SparklePants Cullen): MTV, Teen Choice, Scream and People's Choice Awards.

3. Taylor Lautner (Poochie Black): People's Choice and Scream Awards.

4. Cam Gigandet (Wish-he-had-killed-Bella James): MTV and Teen Choice Awards.

5. Michael Welch (Better-off-without-Bella Newton): 2 Young Artist Awards.

The point I am trying to make is that Twilight actors have awards voted by people (Kristen's BAFTA was voted for by people) and we know the audience that they are targeted towards.

The actors in Harry Potter have won competitive awards based on talent. I have included only the Academy, SAG, BAFTA and Golden Globe along with Young Artist Awards.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
HARRY POTTER WINS, WANDS DOWN.
You are not wrong my dear, have some props for the amount of research that must of taken!!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita minty19 said…
big smile
so that makes it around 1862 reason!!...m sure people can come up with more...so will i!! may be in my next post though! harry potter rocks!!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita boolander25 said…
1862. AVPM enough said.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Confuzzle said…
1863. To be honest, Harry Potter has MORE love. In fact, Twilight doesn't have any.

1864. At first, I wouldn't read Harry Potter because (Ick!) it was fantasy. I finally read it one day, and finished it in the middle of the night the same day. I read Twilight just because I could say it was terrible.
1865. my friend *hates* fantasy with a passion. she will never read a book if it has the tiniest bit of something not real in it. but she finally read harry potter and she finished all 7 seven books and even reread the first 3 :) (she hated twilight and never read any of them past the first because she hated it so much)

1866. i still pick up new things in harry potter and i have literally read all of them over 10 times each. i'm sorry but when i reread twilight, i never picked up anything new. it was all too repetitive.

1867. in terms of mentors: dumbledore is perfect. he's a complete genius but he makes mistakes and he doesn't hide them. twilight doesn't even really have a mentor but if you want to consider carlisle a mentor, he's a horrible one. he does everything perfectly and he *is* perfect, which is way too boring and that means he can't teach lessons because he never had to learn any because he's PERFECT.

1868. even though newborn vampires are rampaging seattle and trying to find bella to kill her, she's obsessed with having sex with edward. when death eaters are running the ministry and voldemort is taking over everywhere, not a single character in harry potter even has a thought about sex.

1869. in harry potter, the bad guys love being evil and they take it out on everyone and they know that they're the villains. in twilight, the "bad" guys pretend that they're all good and looking out for everyone's best interests, which is incredibly boring and anti-climactic.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita crazychlo said…
smirk
1870. JK Rowling can write.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita killlacuna said…
laugh
1871. Twilight has stupid humor. HP has good and funny humor. For example: pg. 74 deathly hallows. george lost his ear and he said to fred "saintlike. you see...I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"
i was laughing so hard my dad started looking at me weird hahhaha
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita brokenheart2828 said…
1872. the characters in HP acutally make sense. In Twilight all bella daes is babble...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita janewwwu said…
1872. The Catalog

Number of Pages in the Book: 498
The First Hint of a Plot that Is Not Bella and Edward's Romance: page 328
When the Plot Actually Arrives: page 372

Boys that Totally Love Bella (Including Edward Cullen): 5

Approximate Amount of Time Bella and Edward are Romantically Involved Before Bella Is Begging Edward to Turn Her into a Vampire so They Can Be Together Forever: Like, two weeks. Maybe three. The timeline's a bit fuzzy.

References to Edward's Beauty: 165

Broken Down into the following categories -

* Face: 24 (Favorite adjectives: glorious, heavenly, seraphic)
* Voice: 20 (The voice of an archangel, donchaknow.)
* Eyes: 17
* Movement: 11
* Smile: 10
* Teeth: 8
* Muscles: 7
* Skin: 7 (Note: This only contains accounts of Edward's skin being beautiful. I didn't count references to it as "pale," "cold," or "white." If I had, this number would be about ten times larger.)
* Iron Strength or Limbs: 5
* Breath: 4 (EVEN HIS BREATH IS AMAZING.)
* Scent: 4
* Laughter: 3
* Handwriting: 2
* Chest: 2
* Driving Skills: 1

The Number of Times...

* Bella Is Clumsy or Makes a Reference to Her Clumsiness: 26
* Bella Sneers at Forks or Its Inhabitants: 22
* Bella is "Dazzled" or Rendered Speechless by Edward's Beauty or Touch: 17
* Edward Tells Bella to Stay Away from Him While Completely Contradicting Himself with His Behavior: 16
* Bella is Utterly Desolate at Edward's Absence: 12
* Edward and Bella Kiss: 8
o Bella's Hormones Get the Better of Her and She Attacks Edward, Almost Causing Him to Eat Her: 2 (She's not even allowed to kiss him back! Where's the fun in that?)
o Edward's Kiss Makes Bella Faint: 1
o Edward's Kiss Makes Bella's Heart Literally Stop: 1
* Bella Thinks She Isn't Good Enough for Edward: 6
* Edward Is Referred to As Godlike: 5 (Note: This number might be off, as I didn't start counting until three or four mentions in.)
* Edward Tells Bella She's Unnatural: 5
* Edward Sparkles: 3
* Bella is in Mortal Danger: 3
o Edward Saves Bella from Mortal Danger: 3
* Edward Stalks Bella, For Real: 2 (Note: One of these instances involves watching her sleep every night for, like, months.)
* Bella says "Holy Crow!": 2
* Bella and Edward Argue About Who Loves the Other Most: 1
* Edward's Inability to Read Bella's Mind is Explained: 0
1874. Harry Potter is famous in china, Twilight isn't. Harry Potter
1875. The first volume has been translated into Latin
1876. The first book has been translated into Ancient Greek, making it the longest published work in Ancient Greek since the novels of Heliodorus of Emesa in the 3rd century AD
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LoveDraco123 said…
cool
Janewwwu, I gotta give you a prop for the research. =)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita siriusly_sirius said…
heart
1877. I was on a site called MLIA (mylifeisaverage). This girl's sister wanted to read Deathly Hallows, but the girl didn't want to let her sister read her personal copy, so she goes to the library to rent one for her sister. The first girl gives her sister the book, but here's the thing: On the page with Fred Weasley's death, the first girl said that it was so hard to read because of all the tear stains. Twitlight doesnt make me sad when one of them dies. In fact, if Edward died, i'd be the happiest girl on the planet.

1878. When I read any of the harry potter books, i just feel like i can connect to the characters. Like how Hermione was in love with Ron, yet he didn't notice. Poor girl. :[ But in Twitlight, sure, when i first read it, i was in love with the series...until i began to read harry potter. If bella's in love with Edward McSparkly-Butt Cullen, why should i care??? Edward is an abusive boyfriend, a stalker, and just plain out creepy.....The Weasley Twins on the other hand........hahahaha :] I think my point has been made.
monkey
1879. Oh, and for another point: If you're a girl, the harry potter guys just sound more appealing. In Twitlight, sure, Edward, Emmett, or WHOEVER are suppossed to be hotties. Well my friends, they may be, but they'll never be more awesomazing than that of the Weasley Twins. In harry potter, JKR gave her characters personality, not just "OH. MI. GAWD! Isn't Eddie just the hottest, yet coldest, granite like substance of a hottie vampire guy EVAH?!?!" With the harry potter characters, there's actual emotions envolved. :)

1880. If i ever get married when i'm older, harry potter is something that i'd let my kids read..When i read harry potter, i just get a sense of adventure that i dont get from Twitlight. I tried to read Twitlight again, but i could barely read the first page. i was just that bored. Thank You Steph Meyer for giving me an author to make fun of. :)
monkey
1881. Also, my friend, Megan Holmes, who LOVED Edward, now thinks more of Harry Potter. She definitely has her priorities set straight now. Thank you Megan!!! :]

1882. Siriusly, Who needs a better reason than Sirius Black? Awesomest. Animagus. Ever. <3 :]
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita abitofaLunaTic said…
Wow! You people rock! I couldn't read through everything, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating someone's points.

1883. The main characters back story

We actually know how life was for Harry before PS/SS.
ex: That he was hated in his school, Aunt Petunia gave him a bad haircut, Aunt Marge once hit him to stop him beating Dudley in musical chairs, he had to spent birthdays and outings with Mrs.Figg, the list could go on.
You get a clear picture of Harry's life before Hogwarts, you can imagine him as a young boy.

There is no information in Twilight about what Bella did before she came to Forks. She doesn't refer to her old friends, old crushes, old school, anything. She also never communicates with anyone in Phoenix (except her mother-and even that happens about once a month) It's almost as it she came into existence only at the beginning of Twilight.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Novaranger said…
In a few years Twitars will laugh at themselves
I got my first point off another site.
1884. it's personal, but i have 3 harry potter posters in my room (among many others haha) and i'm not ashamed of it. i had a twilight poster because i used to love it, but i got so ashamed that i took it down and put a 'the princess and the frog' poster in its place. not only does harry potter pwn twilight, but disney does too :)

1885. comparison:

good thing(s) that twilight gave me: realization that taylor lautner is hot.

good thing(s) that harry potter gave me: all the life lessons that have already been posted on here (ex: true friendship is just as important, if not more, than romantic love & everyone has both some good and bad in them. even the evil guys-voldemort- and saviors-harry). inspiration to write, amazing characters to love and cry over. and basically everything else on this forum.

1886. there's 1885 reasons on this forum, and we're still coming up with new and original reasons.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LoveDraco123 said…
cool
Soulflizzle317, I'm with you on the Taylor Lautner thing. Haha. He's the only good thing about Twilight. =O =P
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Fireminess said…
I laughed my ass off reading these. :D So MUCH fans! We are super force.

1887.THANK GOD Harry and Ginny didn't name their daughter Mollily. I'm just sayin'...

1889. Harry Potter is how me and my nine year old sister comunicate. We never fight while talking about these books and I'm grateful for that. She begs me to read for her everytime before bed. She remembers that the python from the first book was from Brazil. She called her favorite stuffed animal Hagrid. :) That explains how awesome HP actually is.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Athiya said…
1887. Harry Potter doesn't give shitty details about how a guy is hot. In DH, JKR simply stated;
"... Bill did not look as though he had met Fenrir Greyback."

and off course,
"Sirius was tall and handsome, and younger by far than Harry had seen him in life."

By those simple words, we can conclude that they were all very happy and good-looking, so I don't think it's necessary for any author to go to great length just to tell the reader that his/her character was currently (or all the time) hot.

1888. In Harry Potter, the reader was allowed to guess and think. For example, in PoA, we wonder why Sirius Black didn't kill Ron when he got the chance to. In GoF, there's the mystery of why Fred and George kept whispering and discussing "blackmail", and I thought that one played a big part in the plot (which surprisingly, did not, and that makes me crave for more). They all were answered finally though, and mind you, the answers were logical and not OOT -,-

In Twilight, I guess what would happen, and it came true. Boring. I suppose that makes a couple of Twitards feel smart, but it just shows how dull the books really are.

1889. Seriously, Edward is a character in a book. You can't see him, so why does everyone keep shouting that he's hot? I know why HP fans thought Fred and George and Sirius and Lupin and Ron are hot; because their personality are just too adorable and lovable for us!

1890. I think we all know that this;

"Well, if you don't like it, you know what the solution is, don't you?"
"Oh yeah? What's that?"
"Next time there's a ball, ask me before someone else does, and not as a last resort!"

is FAR cuter than this;

"I love you."
"I love you more."
"You compare one tree to the entire forest."

Doesn't THAT make you want to barf?
Ooops, sorry! Continue to number 1893, guys! :D
1893. Quoting one really nice Twilight fan - 'TWILIGHT SHOULD WIN GOD EDWARD AND BELLA ARE LIKE THE NEW ROMEO AND JULIET PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!' Hmm... I wonder if that person knows anything about Romeo and Juliet, except the name? I siriusly doubt that.
Oh, and the trailer of Deathly Hollows freaking ROCKED! If you haven't seen it, go and do it! Oh god, I'm so exited. The cementery scene was personaly one of my favorites in the book and seeing it in the trailer literally sent me over the edge. I fell of the chair...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita kitkat7110 said…
tongue
what ever heres some reason why harry potter sucks: Ok we get it harry is a wisard, why is he in school so long, the books are SO boring, no one cares about a wisard, it isnt twilight, the movies are all the same some evil spirit comes and trys to kill hary and he wins by saying selious borito or somthin and then someone dies boo hoo kinda borin.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita kitkat7110 said…
big smile
Twilight ROCKS!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LoveforSeverus said…
Dear kitkat7110,
1. It is spelled Wizard.
2. Because he is receiving a formal education in Witchcraft and Wizardry.
3. Don't normal people get about 13 years of education? That's what we get in America, I don't know about other countries, however.
4. The books are NOT boring. They can get tedious at parts but I guess that is personal opinion.
5. Again it's spelled WIZARD and why should people care about Sparklepyres either?
6. And, no, it isn't Twilight but would you rather have EVERY piece of literature on the planet be Twilight? I'd shoot myself.
7. The Dark Lord isn't an evil spirit, he is a WIZARD (notice the correct spelling) who wants Harry dead for revenge and other reasons that the Dark Lord has because he can to that.
8. People die. This is a fact of life. This makes the book more realistic. Unlike in Twilight where nobody dies.

I rest my case. That was too easy.
P.S. this background makes me want to puke on my computer.
LoveforSeverus, I completely agree. I'm also going to add:

1) Harry doesn't "win" until the last book, when he defeats Voldemort with love. Not by saying 'selious borito', which isn't even a spell. He uses real courage, support, and love to overcome evil.

2) "and then someone dies boo hoo" Yes, it's sad!! Apparently you've never had anyone close to you die, because when someone dies, it's a sad time. JKR has made her characters so real to her readers that we feel real emotion when a character dies. Twilighters can't even compare, because Smeyer is too much of a wimp to kill off any of her main characters.

3) Your post was just one, long run-on sentence. Please go to an English class before posting again.

4) "it isnt twilight" That's the entire point. Harry Potter is completely different from Twilight, and therefore incomparable. If we were trying to prove that Harry Potter was the same as Twilight, then this whole debate would be extremely pointless.

5) This forum is about real, objective reasons why Harry Potter is better than Twilight. Stating that Harry Potter is "boring" is an opinion, subjective, and used way too much as a Twilighter's defense.

By the way, LoveforSeverus, I agree. The old background was so much better :P
@kitkat7170: What in the name of Dumbledore was that rant about? Looks like you haven't read the books. Please do. You'll love them.

I'm counting the 2 responses above as 2 separate points. Good job LoveforSeverus and souflizzle317.

1896: In OOTP the scene where Sirius goes behind the veil (*wailing*) was one of the best acting I've seen. The expressions were so painful that even though the scene was muted I had to pause as I could not watch any further. Daniel Radcliffe rocks.

In New Moon when Eddykins leaves Bella Sue the only expression was her blinking and confusion. (Note to Stewart:Blinking, fiddling with your hair and biting your lips every 5 mins does not count as good acting).

1897: Meyer apparently copied a lot of stuff from Harry Potter.
a. HARRY Potter - HARRY Clearwater
b. Sirius BLACK - Jacob BLACK
c. Penelope CLEARWATER - Harry CLEARWATER
d. Sirius's motorcycle - New Moon-motorcycle-rings a bell doesn't it?
e. Sirius Black transforms into a Dog - Jacob Black transforms into a Mutt.
f. BELLAtrix - IsaBELLA
g. 2 movies of Deathly Hallows - 2 movies of Breaking Dawn (Yeah! Like Meyer didn't have a say in that)
h. Harry names his kids after his mentors - Bella-Sue names her kid some nonsense after her mum and vampire-in-law.
i. Crucio - That Jane staring thingy or whatever.

1898: Meyer ripped Ginny's character and made it into Isabella Swan's non-character. Let's take a look:
a. Ginny has guys swooning over her (in later books). Bella-Sue has guys behind her from day one.
b. Ginny is supposed to be attractive and beautiful. Bella-Sue is...well, you know *disgust*.
c. Harry loves Ginny and leaves her to protect her from Voldemort. Bella-Sue's moron leaves her *hurray* to protect her (God knows why) from danger.
d. Harry is famous. Girls want to date him but he chooses Ginny. SparklePants is 'HAWT' *rolls eyes*.Girls want to date him and he chooses Bella-Sue.
e. Ginny is the only girl in the family. Bella-Sue is the only child in the family.
f. Ginny dates Dean for a while. Bella-Sue dates or whatever Jacob for...*confused expression*.

HARRY WINS. WANDS DOWN.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Novaranger said…
Ok, many of them are coincidence's but CLEARWATER?!
The thing with Sirius? Ya gotta be kidding me
^Are you disagreeing or agreeing with me?
I agree with DivyaHarry. I literally cried watching that scene from OoTP and yes, the similarities are so obvious that even my mum (who doesn't like fantasy books and only saw movies of them to please me) notice them.

1899. I'm all for details in the case of books. For example, in DH, Ron mentioned Voldemort by name in first few chapters. Then, he's afraid to use that name in later chapters. That kind of piss me off, but after reading Twilight, I forgave JKR because she's not being a dumbsh*t like SMeyer. The plot holes were just too big and gaping, and if Twilight has fans like Harry Potter's, they all would dump the book because there were too many mistakes.

1900. The super-cool-super-awesome abilities in Harry Potter were actually rare (which is a good thing, because in real life, not everyone have the same outstanding talents), like Tonks the Metamorphagus, whereas in Twilight, it seems like everyone have incredible powers and are pretty much indestructible. In Harry Potter, all characters have weaknesses, even Hermione, who just couldn't handle Fortune-Telling.

Siriusly though, why *does* Breaking Dawn need two separate movies for? The plot is simple enough to be in one, and unlike Harry Potter, not all scene needs to be adapted to screen for people to understand the story.
Athiya-really!?!?! I don't remember Ron calling Voldemort by his name....maybe I need to reread the books again, I haven't read them in about a year. But I agree with your comment about abilities. In Harry Potter, the special talents are *rare*. But in Twilight, Smeyer makes it out to be such a rare thing to have extra powers, and then she gives practically every characters a special power. Wow...

1901. Before DH came out, there was more argument about Snape's loyalty than ever (I think so, at least) and I was so convinced that Snape was loyal to Dumbledore and that he had been in love with Lily that I wrote an essay and handed it in to my teacher for extra credit. When I turned out to be right, just the feeling of knowing that I had predicted something right in such an unpredictable series (*cough* Twilight is predictable *cough*) was worth so much more than the A I got on my essay.

1902. Honestly, would you rather lead a rather normal life with magical abilities surrounded by love (after Voldemort is defeated) or be an unchanging piece of granite who drinks the blood of animals and you have to live forever, which will inevitably get very, very boring after a while?

1903. In Harry Potter, Xenophilius Lovegood (best name *ever*, by the way) is so clearly on Harry's side, but when it's his daughter's life on the line, he does whatever he can to save her. This proves that the Lovegoods aren't just oddballs, they really love each other and everyone around them. In Twilight, there isn't even anything that can compare.

1904. Mentioned before, but Molly Weasley committed MURDER, risking being killed herself or even going to Azkaban just because Bellatrix was threatening her daughter. That's love. (not to mention everyone else who actually did die for love. ex: Lily & James, Remus, Tonks, Dumbledore, SIRIUS, fred *sob*)
@souflizzle317
Yea, it's the part where Hermione was packing up books for the trio's trip. :D

"I forgot we'll be hunting down Voldemort in a mobile library."

Oh, and whoo hoo! 1900+ Reasons!! xD
1905. Harry Potter has a great back story involving J.K. In Brief: when she started writing she could not even afford paper to write on, now she is richer than the Queen(!)This is incredible and even more magical than any fantasy book!!!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita potterrox said…
Athiya- wow I never noticed that!
mooimafish- It's really an amazing story. I have no idea how hard it must have been for her, trying to write and raise a child and just survive.
1906: Twilight has a spoof commercial for verizon!!! (an american cell service provider) it's really funny check it out
link
you don't see major copropations making fun of HP!

ps- does anyone else have this new moon background? 'tis revolting!
potterrox: I LOVE THAT SO MUCH!!!!! even though I have at&t and I hate verizon, verizon just got about 50 bonus points just for that commercial :) that was great!

and yes, I have the new moon background. it makes me feel emo, all that black....although I guess that's what twilight is all about.

real quick:

1907. after realizing that Ron does actually speak Voldemort's name in the beginning of DH, I don't hate JKR for messing up her plot. Instead, I feel sorry for poor Ron. He had to go through saying You-Know-Who's real name in broad daylight and no one stopped him....That's how much HP fans care about their characters (unless it's just me....). I sincerely doubt any Twilighter cares as much about their characters as HPers care about theirs.
1908. In all the official stuff (by staff) in all the sites (except for twilight fansites), everything related to Twilight were parodies.