Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 54807 majibu

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1351-1400 of 54807

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LoveforSeverus said…
Actually on Bellatrix's name... the star Bellatrix is blue. Near the end of her life. Only a few million years left. However, she is a VERY large star. Sorry but Orion is my favorite constellation so I know a lot about it. So yes, Bellatrix is large, bright, and powerful.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita souflizzle317 said…
2044. So my friend likes to read articles on yahoo, and today she showed me the first reason in an article about dating mistakes guys make. The reason was being overly possessive, and direct quote: "It's not sweet, it's stifling, and nobody wants to date a guy like that. Except that chick from Twilight-- we guess there are a few here and there that are into that whole creepily possessive, smothering, super jealous deal." Even Yahoo is against Twilight :)

2045. Life isn't perfect in Harry Potter. In the final battle, Death Eaters die and so do the good guys. Fred, Tonks, and Remus to name a few. No one ever dies in Twilight. If Smeyer wrote Harry Potter, not only would his parents come back to life by the middle of the first book, but Harry would also convince Voldemort to feel remorse and become a good person by the third one. Oh, and the Death Eaters would all realize they were being stupid and start to love Muggles and life all around would be perfect. It's not realistic, and it's not even interesting.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DivyaHarry said…
^^Where can I find that article?
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita potterrox said…
@DivyaHarry- I love the bit about the names!
2046- Harry has chocolate frogs that actually bounce (at least they did in the movies) while Bells snacks on trail mix. Which is more interesting?
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita PygmyPuff14 said…
2046. The last book in HP ended with a real battle. Breaking Dawn ended with conversation. That's just ultra lame...
@DivyaHarry - haha it's one of the featured articles on Yahoo so I don't know how long this link will be good for but here it is: link

2047. we have more reasons why Harry Potter is better than years we've been living since Jesus was born/died (I can never remember if year 1 is when he was born, or when he died...).

2048. Hagrid doesn't even have a comparing character in Twilight, because he's just so amazing :) Slightly crazy (hello Norbert, blast-ended skrewts, and Aragog), but his heart is in the right place and he's one of the bravest men in the entire series.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Confuzzle said…
2049- Did you get scared when reading about the other sparkly vampires coming to visit?
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita scroom38 said…
2050- well in response to 2049 they are NOT VAMPIRES.... they are sparkle faries

2051- WTF this is corrupting young children by encouraging beastiality (se* with animals) and necrophilia (se* with dead bodies *vampires are dead*)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita scroom38 said…
2052- POTTER PUPPET PALS (youtube.com, go... you know you want to) wait untill end it gets funniest then
2053. (inspired by 2049, thanks Confuzzle) I have to admit, Twilight can be sort of amusing as a light read (as long as you haven't read it before. after the first time, it's old). However, that's the point. It's a light read, not some hardcore half thriller, half romance. When the Volturi came in Breaking Dawn for the "final battle", my blood pressure was exactly like when Bella made breakfast for Charlie. When everyone realized Hogwarts was under attack by Death Eaters in DH and Voldemort was somewhere on the grounds and this was finally the end, whatever might happen, I was clutching the book so tightly my fingers were white, my heart was racing, and I was leaning forward in my bed to get closer to the book as if that would make me read faster and therefore find out who was dying and what was happening even quicker. I felt like I was there, a feeling never created by Twilight.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DivyaHarry said…
#2054:
There are actual sites, and not forums, dedicated to hating Twilight such as:
a. www.twilightsucks.com
b. fuckyeahtwilightsucks.tumblr.com (my personal favorite)

There is NO www.harrypottersucks.com

#2055:
Other than this constipated saga there are other books named Twilight namely: (from Wikipedia)
a. Twilight - (short story), a story by John W. Campbell
b. Twilight - (Warriors), a novel in the Warriors series by Erin Hunter
c. Twilight - (Wiesel novel), a novel by Elie Wiesel
d. Twilight - a novel in the Mediator series by Meg Cabot
e. Twilight - a novel by Brendan DuBois
f. Twilight - an owl character in the Guardians of Ga'hoole novel series by Kathryn Lasky
g. Twilight - a short story by Kelley Armstrong
h. Twilight: Where Darkness Begins - a 1980s series of teen horror novels

There is ONE and ONLY ONE Harry Potter.

#2056:
Roger Ebert is probably the most well known critic and his reviews are considered as a standard. So let's compare. Remember it's out of 4 stars.
Harry Potter
Sorcerer's Stone - 4/4
Chamber of Secrets - 4/4
Prisoner of Azkaban - 3.5/4
Goblet of Fire - 3.5/4
Order of the Phoenix - 2.5/4
Half-Blood Prince - 3/4
(Overall an 85% approval)

Twilight
Twilight - 2.5/4
New Moon - 1/4
(Overall a 44% approval)

#2057:(Wiki again)
As of November 2009, the Harry Potter film franchise is the highest grossing film franchise of all time. Without adjusting for inflation, this is higher than the 22 James Bond films and the six films in the Star Wars franchise.
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
fuckyeahtwilightsucks.tumblr.com <- best website ever. Seriously, everyone go through it. You will laugh so hard.

and P.S. the Twilight in Warriors is amazing. Warriors is really cool.
Today, I asked my teacher how you say gay in spanish. He said “twilight.” MLIA. <- posted on that website. Told you it was amazing!!!!!
i hate posting over and over and over but one last thing!!!
2058. link
2059. Comparison: Remus Lupin and Tonks vs Jacob Black and Renesmee
Yes, Tonks is younger than Remus, that is made clear. But she can't be *that* much younger because when they get together in 1997 (spring of 6th book/summer of 7th book), Remus is 37 and she's old enough to have passed her Auror training test, so there might be ten years between them, which isn't a lot nowadays. And besides, they fell in love when they were both adults. They didn't even know each other when Tonks was a baby. Jacob, on the other hand, is around 17 years older than Renesmee and she becomes his true love the first time he sees her, when she's about ten minutes old. Jacob didn't care that he was a werewolf and potential danger to Renesmee. Remus tried to ignore his feelings for Tonks for a long time (it's not clear how long) because he didn't want her to have to live the kind of life he had to live by association. Then, when he finally does marry her and she gets pregnant, he begins to regret it because he doesn't know if the child will have his condition and he hates that Tonks is forced to live with people judging her because of her association with a werewolf. Lupin puts Tonks first; Jacob is a pedophile. Wow...

2060. I've bonded with guys (I'm a girl) over Harry Potter and have spent hours talking/flirting (hey, I'm a teenager, give me a break) with them about things in Harry Potter. For example, we might compete to see who knows more little details or we might argue over Snape's loyalties (back before DH came out) etc. I've had friends who, back when they liked Twilight, would start talking about it to boys and they found themselves talking to air within a minute. My point? Twilight targets *girls*. Teenage girls at that. I don't know a single guy who likes Twilight, even the gay ones. Harry Potter, on the other hand, targets everyone. Young kids who have it read to them to grandparents who read them because their grandkids recommended them. And, talking stereotypes here, if a girl likes Harry Potter, it's fine. If a guy likes Harry Potter, it's fine. If a girl likes Twilight, she's an insane fan girl with no taste in literature. if a guy likes Twilight, he's gay. Just saying.

2061. JKR lives in Edinburgh, Scotland in Great Britain. Smeyer lives somewhere in Arizona I think. I don't know about the rest of America, but I know that my friends and I love British accents and anyone British. So, personally, JKR automatically wins just because of her accent.

2062. When I realized Twilight was stupid, my friend who had been against Twilight from the start came over and we took down my Twilight movie poster (the one with Edward sort of leaning over Bella as she clutches to him like the co-dependent little girl she is). We took out my hi-liters and sharpies and completely butchered it. We drew all over their faces, giving them mustaches and acne and green skin. We also wrote our opinions of Twilight off to the side. It is now hanging in the back of my closet, proof that my friend helped me rejoin the human race.
2063. Harry breaks up with Ginny because he wouldn't be able to bear it if Voldemort hurt her to get to him. Ron endures seven years of just being friends with Hermione before mentioning that they should evacuate the house-elves so that they don't have to fight the Death Eaters, and Hermione responds by dropping all of her basilisk fangs and kissing him. Fleur defies everyone's expectations of her and adamantly stays with Bill even though he's been scarred for life and changed. Tonks ignores that Remus is a werewolf and she loves him, marries him, and carries his child anyway. These are all examples of real romantic love, not stalking and abandoning all of your friends for your boyfriend.

2064. Molly Weasley commits murder because her daughter was threatened. Narcissa Malfoy risks her life to lie about Harry being dead so that she can go up to the castle and find her son. Hermione performs all sort of spells on her parents so that they leave the country and forget they even have a daughter just so they will be safe from Death Eaters and Voldemort. Neville keeps all of the gum wrappers that his insane mother gives him because it's probably the only sign of love she can show him. Xenophilius Lovegood abandons his cause to help Harry because his daughter is being held by Death Eaters. And, of course, Lily and James Potter gave their lives to save Harry. These are examples of real parental love, not letting your 18-year-old daughter marry a stalker and leaving your parents to marry into a family of vampires.

2065. Hermione stays with Harry on the hunt for Horcruxes even though Ron, whom she loves, has left them because she knows Harry needs her help and she promised she would be there for him. Harry risks his life time and time again so that his friends don't have to. Neville trusts Harry and beheads Nagini, risking Voldemort's wrath, even though he has no idea why Nagini is so important. Luna stayed behind to fight for her friends in DH even though she wasn't seventeen yet. Ginny puts aside her feelings for Harry so that she can be his friend. Ron stands by Harry all the time, even when he's teeming with jealousy of Harry's fame. We're told that when Sirius was disowned, James and his parents took him in like a member of the family. These are all examples of true friendship, not using your friends to your advantage and only seeing them when your boyfriend is gone.

2066. (last long list of things, I promise) Hagrid risks his job and even his life when he brings Grawp back from the mountains and tries to teach him to be civil. Percy, Ron, and George (I think it was those three, I can't remember for sure) all went crazy with grief when Fred was killed. Dumbledore has been tortured with regret ever since his sister was killed and he never knew who it was who cast the fatal spell. Petunia acted like she hated her sister, but she was only insanely jealous, and she took her sister's son into her own home when Lily died. Fred, an all-around joker, went completely grave when his twin's ear was blown off. Colin Creevey took his brother under his wing when he arrived at Hogwarts and ended up dying in the final battle, fighting for the wizarding world and for his brother. These are examples of real sibling love, something that's not even represented in Twilight because there are no real siblings.

Sorry about how long this is, and how long my last post was. I had a lot on my mind :)
Ah, my third post in a row! Sorry everyone, I just have absolutely nothing to do right now.

2067. "He stared at me with his golden eyes." "He looked her with his emerald green eyes." Which sounds more familiar? The first one, because every single time Smeyer writes a sentence about Edward, she has to put in another reminder of what he looks like. I don't remember a single time JKR talking about what Harry looks like, except for the first book when she describes him, and whenever someone says "You look just like your dad. Except for the eyes. You have your mother's eyes" and even that's not the same as Smeyer's repetition.

2068. Before I say anything about Harry Potter and Twilight, I just want put something out there. I practically grew up a bookstore, so I'll use a book example. Hardcover books always cost more than a paperback, and that's because more people want the paperback. They're easier to deal with and less expensive to make. So, they make the popular thing less expensive than the less popular one, because it will balance out so both make the same amount of money. (10 people buy paperback, 5 people buy the twice-as-expensive hardcover=same amount of money) Anyway, to the point. On iTunes, every Harry Potter movie except for HBP because it's new costs $10 to buy (HBP costs $15) Twilight and New Moon both cost $20 to buy. This tells you that logically, more people are willing to buy Harry Potter.

2069. Bella's prom in Twilight was cheesy and too perfect. The "prom" in Harry Potter (the Yule Ball) was creative and fit wizarding standards. And it wasn't perfect (remember, perfection isn't interesting). Ron and Hermione had a huge fight at the end of it, and Harry didn't enjoy himself because at the time, he liked Cho and she was with Cedric. And he and Ron found out that Hagrid was half-giant. These things make the Yule Ball much more interesting to read about than Bella's prom.
2070: Bella doesn't deserve two guys being totally devoted to her. She is cold and cruel, playing with their emotions to get what she wants. Prime example- kissing Jacob to keep him from going to fight when she has no intention of being with him. She is leading him on and selfishly using him to get what she wants. With Edward it's the same thing. I'm not going to get into whats wrong with Edward but I don't think either Edward or Jacob deserves that kind of treatment. No one does. In HP the characters would never dream of using their love intersts in that awful way. Even thouogh I'm sure Ginny was unhappy when Harry had to temporarily break up with her she didn't distract him from his fight with Voldy by trying to make him jealous. Instead she supported him and let him know she still loved him. (In Ginny's room on Harry's birthday:))
sick
2071. mylifeistwilight.com
Go to said site. If you can actually explain what happens to your brain on this site then you will know why I put this on here.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita PygmyPuff14 said…
2072. We don't have underwear with Daniel Radcliffe's face on it... Team Edward/Jacob underwear?? Gross.. How low can people stoop?
2073. What happens to the characters after Breaking Dawn? I don't even think Meyer knows... JK, on the other hand, planned EVERYTHING! She knows exactly what happens to each and every character after DH.
2074. DETAILS! Everything lies in details.Lets look a the details in Harry Potter (this can be long):

1.Philosopher's Stone: The Mirror of Erised: Erised is Desire spelled backward, or how it would appear in a mirror. Also, the inscription reads "Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi," which read in a mirror reads, "I show not your face but your hearts desire."
2. CoS: In Borgin and Burkes: "'Can I have that?' interrupted Draco, pointing at the withered hand on its cushion. 'Ah, the Hand of Glory!' said Mr. Borgin, abandoning Mr. Malfoy's list and scurrying over to Draco. 'Insert a candle and it gives light only to the holder! Best friend of thieves and plunderers! Your son, has fine taste, sir.'" (pgs. 51-52)
Draco uses the Hand of Glory in Half-Blood Prince.
3.Cos:In Borgin and Burkes: "Draco paused to examine a long coil of hangman's rope and to read, smirking, the card propped on a magnificent necklace of opals, Caution: Do Not Touch. Cursed -- Has Claimed the Lives of Nineteen Muggle Owners to Date." (pg. 52)
Yet again, Draco uses this cursed necklace in Half-Blood Prince. It is intended to be given to Dumbledore, but attacks the messenger, Katie Bell
4.OoTP:"How many times do I have to tell you?" said Harry, temper and voice both rising. "It wasn't me! It was a couple of Dementors!"
"A couple of - what's this codswallop?"
"De - men - tors," said Harry slowly and clearly. "Two of them."
"And what the ruddy hell are Dementors?"
"They guard the wizard prison, Azkaban," said Aunt Petunia.
Later: "I heard - that awful boy - telling her about them - years ago," she said jerkily.
That "awful boy" was not James Potter, but as we learn in Deathly Hallows, Severus Snape.
5. OoTP: In Chapter 6, "The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black," Harry finds a "a heavy locket that none of them could open...". This was the Horcrux that Regulus Black stole.
6. HBP: In Chapter 2, while explaining to Snape that Voldermort trusts her, Bellatrix says, "The Dark Lord has in the past entrusted me with his most precious..." She's talking about the Horcrux (Hufflepuff's Cup) stored in her Gringotts vault
7.A witch or wizard's wand size is selected in direct proportion to their height. Hagrid is huge, and he has a 16-inch wand. Voldemort is tall, and he has a 13-inch wand. Ron is tall and he has a 14-inch wand. Harry is average height, and he has an 11-inch wand. Umbridge is extremely short, and her wand is described as being very short.

Strange, isn't it, that a book with absolutely NO such details is being called better than Harry Potter?
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita AprilCandy42 said…
^ They didn't even explain why Edward cannot read Bella's mind. How sappy. Whereas to HP, almost everything is detalied. I can't name any fact in HP (which is FICTION) that is not detailed. This so explains why Twilight is much more absurd than Harry Potter.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita mooimafish17 said…
angry
link

At least our lead actor is not racist!!!
Today I was mucking around on the love calculator on my iPod touch, and everyone I typed in I kept getting low compatibility. Frustrated, I typed in Harry potter. Guess who has 100% compatability? MLIA

-Found that, had no idea where to put it. Batman.
Today I was watching harry potter and the goblet of fire when my brother who knows nothing about harry potter walks in at the scene where cedric dies and yells "holy crap, finally the glittery vampire dies!? Score!" I didn't have the heart to tell him that it was the wrong movie. MLIA

i feel bad for this guy
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ToyletGnome said…
^^ Batman demands all curtains be closed.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita apwbd said…
2075 (I think?) JKR uses litery puns even though they escape most people, for example: Professor Umbridge ends up being loathed by the audience and Harry. The phrase "to take umbrage" (umbrage pronounced the same as Umbridge) means to feel resentment, or to take offence.
2076. the picture i posted. i don't think i even need to explain. the sad part is, the "i guess my brain will never work right. at least i'm pretty" is a direct, unedited quote.
 2076. the picture i posted. i don't think i even need to explain. the sad part is, the "i guess my br
Really cool picture! I love Narnia so go Susan!
haha thanks potterrox :) I found it on one of the twilight hating sites posted on here a couple of days ago. At first, I thought the Bella line was edited and taken out of context, but then I remembered the line because I read all the Twilight books a year and a half ago and I was laughing so hard at the comparison between these four girls.

Just putting it out there, since this is a Harry Potter vs Twilight forum, we have Hermione looking threatening with her wand saying "We will fight!" Then, we have Bella just standing there with her hands in her sweatshirt pockets saying "At lesat I'm pretty"

2077. Smeyer butchered traditional mythology. JKR added to and enhanced it.

Ron: How much for this?
Fred & George: Five Galleons.
Ron: How much for me?
Fred & George: Five Galleons.
Ron: I'm your brother!
Fred & George: *shrug* Ten Galleons.
Yes, I know it's from the movie and not the book (unless it's in the book, I can't remember, I haven't read it for about a year) but it still shows that Harry Potter has real, funny humor. As opposed to:
Emmett: Fall down again, Bella?
Bella: No, Emmett, I punched a werewolf in the face.
Yeah, that's real hilarious (in case you can't tell, I'm being sarcastic)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DJ_Squeaky said…
angry
YOU'RE ALL IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a matter of opinion! You can't just say one is better then the other based on stuff like this! It depends on who you are and what you're interests are! Personally I think the idea of wizards OR vampires is silly so I have no strong opinion on either series and maybe that's why I feel this way but seriously this whole spot was a bad idea.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LoveDraco123 said…
cool
DJ_Squeaky, all of us here know this is opinion. No matter how many say that this is fact, we all know, at least, I know that this can never be PROVED. We're stating our opinions and we are entitled to stating our opinions. So there's no need to come on this forum and start ranting about how we're all idiots. Seriously- is it illegal to not state your opinion?!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LoveDraco123 said…
cool
Uh oh. Is it illegal to STATE your opinion. Whoops. ^^
Did you even read my entire comment? That's essentially what I just said!
smile
DJ_Squeaky - if this whole spot was a "bad idea" as you so eloquently put it, why are you here - it seams to me you have a little to much time on your hands. We are just people who have something in common and like to share and enjoy our experience of it. If you have a problem with this - please take it outside - you ARE welcome here as long as you stop calling us idiots.
angry
souflizzle317 - THATS A QUOTE FROM THE BOOK!!!!!! part of me has just died inside - it really has!
Look sorry that you're all offended but there's no point in havin' a hp vs. twilight spot when it's obviously one-sided
there is a "twilight is so great i think we should all kill ourselves hes just so HWAT" spot - if thats more up you street.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita kwlski4ever said…
Dj Squeaky, her's a forum "1000 reasons why Twillight is better . . ." , you know , this is a VERSUS spot GOD DAMN IT !
@mooimafish17, which quote do you mean? seeing as you said that a part of you died, i'm going to assume that you mean the "at least i'm still pretty" thing but correct me if i'm wrong :)

DJ Squeaky, like the others said, we're not stupid, we know it's opinion. We just like to come together as Harry Potter fans and discuss reasons why we prefer it. And if you thought it was a stupid forum, you wouldn't come back to comment more than once. Just saying...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ravynflyte said…
To be honest, I started reading this because I was bored. I managed to get through 20 pages of awesome reasons before I had to make a reply. :D
2079: Check out mylifeisaverage.com (Be careful, it's addicting!). So many people have made friendships and bonds from Harry Potter. I have too, and I LOVE it. I doubt anyone on mylifeistwilight can say that. I mean really:
Random entry from MLIA: Today, I had a doctor's appointment. When in the waiting area, I stole a glance at the 50-something year old man who was filling out a form. When it said, "Male or Female" he had crossed out both and had written, "Wizard In Training" instead. Thank you, Harry Potter fan. MLIA. ~
Today, I was invited to join the School of Wizardry on Facebook. I knew Dumbledore would find me, I just didn't know he would be so hi-tech about it. MLIA.
There's so many more.
Random entry from MLIT: Today, me and my BFF Jessica went to see a movie. i looked for motorcycles guys to give me a ride so i could see Edward's face like Bella did. (: MLIT.
~
Today it snowed and since the sun was shining I went outside to play in it. Suddenly I realized that the snow glitters in the sun light, is very white, and is cold to the touch. Snow is like Edward Cullen. I was very excited by this. MLIT
Stalkerish, no?
Another weird thing I noticed about the MLIA/MLIT entries are that almost all of the MLIT entries have terrible grammar, while MLIA entries are perfect. Touche.

2080: My 14 year old cousin decided that she wanted to read Twilight. I warned her not to, but she didn't listen. Less than 10 minutes later, I found her reading Deathly Hallows with the Twilight book lying on the floor. I think this speaks for itself.

2081: I'm pretty sure this has been said already, but I just wanted to add to it. The Twilight books are just too perfect, and that is NOT a compliment. Seriously. The depressing thing is, they're both disgustingly happy and emo at the same time. No one dies, no one fights, and no one even freaking gets mad at each other for something over than love. It's disgusting. I'm definitely sure that that's the right word to use here.

2082: If you look at a Twilight fan's post, entry, or whatever, you'll almost definitely find that they have terrible grammar. You are what you read, I guess.

2083: I DARE a Twilight fan to come up with more than 20 reasons why they like Twilight. A Harry Potter fan could do this in less than 5 minutes.

2084: Stephanie Meyers needs to learn something about humility. She should be thankful that anyone is even reading her books. Instead, she just brushes it off like she's so high above everyone else. Also, whenever someone insults her or her writing, she gets extremely defensive and insults them back. I can't find the article, but that happened with a critic (whose name I just annoyingly spaced on...)

2085: Harry Potter makes average people feel good about themselves. Harry is just a typical bullied boy, NOT extremely hot or attractive or sparkly, but 7 years later, he defeats the most powerful wizard in the world. He steps up to the challenge, even though he knows he could die any day. Bella Freaking Swan, however, doesn't. She just sits back like a little prissy princess and moans about her Eddiepoo. Excuse me while I go barf.

2086: Harry Potter doesn't watch you when you sleep. Amen.

2087: As soon as I get enough spare money, I am buying a Twilight book and burning it. I have never heard anyone say this about Harry Potter.

2088: When it's 2012, I'm putting Harry Potter in my time capsule. I hope to heck that no one saves Twilight.

2089: People make friends over Harry Potter. I really don't think people make friends over Twilight. Example:
Twitard 1: Like, ohmygosh. Edward is soooo hawt. Like, totallayyy. He is so sexy.
Everyone else: .....
Point proven.

I'm not sure if this next one counts as a reason, but I really want to say it. ~
Twilight fans are calling Twilight the "Next Romeo and Juliet". Um, no. HELL, no. Romeo and Juliet is one of the greatest works of literature ever written. Shakespeare could whoop Smeyers butt anyday. Romeo and Juliet is a story of two lovers, who can't be together because of outside forces, being their families' rivalry. The only thing stopping this "couple" (Barfff) from being together is themselves. I'm not going to explain the whole Romeo and Juliet story, but I hope I made my point. Besides, R and J both died at the end. I can only wish that that would happen to Edward and Bella.

Whew. Sorry. >.<
laugh
Re-post:
2086: Harry Potter doesn't watch you when you sleep. Amen. --BEST REASON EVER!!!!

2090. Harry Potter fans are passionate about Harry Potter. (And I just have to say if a Twihard read this they would take it the wrong way because of Twilight. Go use a dictionary, dillweeds.)
My debate teacher has told me, like, 20 times to stop debating with my Twihard friend about which book is better. And we love it enough
to make this forum really come to life with close to 2100 reasons. Give it up for us!
P.S. you have NO idea how much I agree on the Twilight/Romeo and Juliet thing.
2091. First, in the first Twilight book it's supposed to be this huge mystery what Edward is, yet on the back of the book, it says quite clearly that he's a vampire. For New Moon, it's supposed to be a mystery what Jacob is too, but him being a werewolf is very much incorporated into the trailer for the movie. JKR never gives anything away until she writes it into the book.

2092. I know it has nothing to do with the quality of the series, but let's compare Kristen Stewart and Emma Watson for a minute. Kristen is a horrible actress, she's on pot, and she's very into the Hollywood, rumors, who knows what to believe stuff. Emma, on the other hand, never has rumors surrounding her and she's a very British actress. She's also great at acting, she's a good role model for girls around the world, and she has grown from an awkward 10-year-old with her first acting job to a professional, lovely almost-twenty-year-old.

2093. Barely any of the Twilight "stars" were that well-known or distinguished before Twilight came out (and then they were well-known, but still not distinguished). Harry Potter, on the other hand, has Dame Maggie Smith (note how Harry Potter films get a dame, and Twilight gets Hollywood teenagers), Robbie Coltrane, Richard Harris (before he died), Emma Thompson, Alan Rickman, Imelda Staunton, Kenneth Branaugh, Michael Gambon, Gary Oldman (love him), Julie Walters, Warwick Davis (Willow, anyone?), Ralph Fiennes, Helena Bonham Carter, and many other very respectable actors that I can't think of right now.
back to DJ_Squeaky's comment- This is not a one sided forum. Twilighters have the same oppurtunity to post and express their opinons. They just choose not to or there just aren't any fans out there, which has to do with the books themselves not the spot.
LoveforSeverus- I havn't read Romeo and Juliet but what really bugs me is when Twilight is compared to Pride and Prejudice. Twilight should not be mentioned anywhere in conjunction with P&P! It's light years better!
LoveforSeverus & potterrox: I agree with both of you (about Romeo and Juliet & Pride and Prejudice) but the thing that bothers me the most with the whole comparison thing is Smeyer saying herself that she thinks her books are as good as Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Emile Bronte etc. She's completely full of herself, and it's also 100% untrue.

JKR is up there with all of the literary geniuses, but she's never full of herself or arrogant and she didn't realize how big Harry Potter was until she finished the seventh book and googled it. Who's the more graceful (not the opposite of clumsy, but the other meaning), and modest author?
sad
Hi everybody.......sorry for flyin' off the handle like that yesterday, I had an arguement with someone close and needed something to take my anger out on....
tongue
DJ_Squeaky - forgiven - i bet you didn't think we would jump to HP defense as much as we did!! To be honest I'm quite surprised myself.

Well done people!

souflizzle317 - yes the whole "at least I'm pretty" thing. Woman have fought and died for hundreds of years achieved an incredible revolution in terms of equality and being treated like we have half a brain. In one statement SM makes 2000 years of work down the plug hole!!! I cant believe how much i hate this woman sometimes.

Viva La Revolution!

Potterox - i agree with you, the classics are classics for a reason and i pray to anyone who may be listening that this will not be read in 400 years time, but i WILL read Shakespeare to my children because i know how important it is!
big smile
That's not even it...I'm not a Twihard at all! In fact if someone were to brand me a Twihard I would be offended on a major scale....I just thought some of the stuff you guys were saying was kinda unfair....but nevermind I'll shut up now! :D
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ABDCFan- said…
2094. I gave up reading Breaking Dawn and looking for a reason on why it's better than Harry Potter. It hurt my head to think of reasons...BECAUSE THERE ARE NONE.

2095. Edward and Bella could die, and noone would care.

2096. Twilights a phase. It'll be something that everyones forgotten in about 5/10 years time.

2097. Edward isn't hot. He's ugly.

2098. People only read Twilight cos they think they're being cool. EPIC FAIL.

2099. Where the heck is Twilights plot? OH YEAH. It's yet to be fricken' discovered.

2100. None of the characters are obsessive, need a 'partner' and can't survive on their own. They can stick up for, and fight for each other. This demonstrates true friendships, and the importance of them.

2101. The realistic-ness of the Harry Potter(relationships and so on) is a key point throughout all the stories.

2102. J.K.Rowling thought the book through very carefully, and really went into depth with it. PLUS, the book didn't stem off a dream, unlike sMeyers 'Twilight'.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ravynflyte said…
laugh
Whoo! Over 2100 reasons.
LoveForSeverus: Thanks! :) 'Tis true.

2103: My guy friend is an uber (Yeah I said uber. Deal with it. XD) hardcore truth-or-darer. I dared him to read the entire Twilight series (including movies. I know.) nonstop. He broke down after getting halfway through the first book. Its the first dare he hasn't been able to do, and he's done some really, really crazy stuff.

2014: Twitards say that Twilight is more "romantic" and "lovey". This is completely untrue. In fact, I'm even going to say that Harry Potter has more love in it, even if Twilight is a "romance" (COUGHNOCOUGH) novel. Twilight has obsessive love, or "dark" love. Being willing to throw yourself off a cliff to hear your emo sparkly boyfriend's voice is NOT counted as being in a positive relationship. Anyone who's been through 7th grade will know that. Harry Potter has both romantic, positive love (Harry and Ginny, Hermione and Ron, etc.) as well as family love (Lily and James, the Weasley family, etc.). Does Twilight have family love? Why no, it doesn't. Her mom and dad don't give a damn (Excuse my language. Best word to use here, no?) when she runs off to marry and have a baby with some weird man-fairy that they hardly no. I mean, yeah, that's totally normal right? To elope at age 18 and ditch your previous friends, family, life, and freaking SPECIES? Heck no. If this is an example of "family love", I'll buy a Twilight shirt and wear it every day of my freaking life. And there is no way I'm doing that. (Whew. Calmmm down. Sorry.)

2015: Really, the only reason people like Twilight is because 1) Other people are reading it. 2) The actors are "hot". Do people read Harry Potter because everyone else is reading it? Do people read Harry Potter because the actors are hot? No, we read because it is effing awesome.

Arrgh. I need to calm down. I could do this all day! Let's try for 3000? :D