Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 54807 majibu

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1501-1550 of 54807

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Marjorie_Edmund said…
tongue
harry potter has a musical based on it with rumbleroar!!!!! you simply CANNOT beat that!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita potterrox said…
2106- JKR is involved in the production of her movies, she didn't feel the need to be an extra. Smeyer conspicuously appeared in the twilight movie. I don't know why this bugs me but it does!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita TeamSiriusBlack said…
^It bugs me too. Just randomly she comes like she's doing something. And if you notice, when Bella is in the hospital, in the tv in the background, it's replaying the scene when they burn James.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LoveforSeverus said…
^she bugs me in general. But, yes, I think it is total BS that she did that. Someone on here said JKR was asked to play Lily for the Mirror of Erised scene but said no.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita elderwand said…
JKR said no coz lily is supposed to have red hair (& it'll look odd too author as as an actor)....... she is really concerned about choosing the cast of movies......
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita PygmyPuff14 said…
^^^ Thank goodness they didn't cast Meyer as Bella or something =/

2107. Wizard Swear!! Siriusly, the Elder Swear totally pwns crap like "sick masochistic lion" :P

last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Neytiri1045 said…
Wow.... already over 2000 reasons!!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita mooimafish17 said…
Im so proud of you kids :D:D
^Yay us!! 61 endearing pages! *sigh*
@elderwand which proves JKR is just awesome-er.
and @pigmypuff if you read Bella's physical description, you see Meyer COULD'VE done Bella, she just needed to loose a few pounds to fit PERFECTLY. No joke. I mean PERFECT.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita souflizzle317 said…
2108. Honestly, it's hard to relate literally to either series. No one has a vampire for a boyfriend, and no one attends a school for magic while trying to defeat an evil wizard. However, there things that characters say that are easy to relate to in Harry Potter, where it's not easy to relate to much of anything in Twilight. I don't think a lot of people can really relate to "and the lion fell in love with the lamb." however, tons of people could relate to "it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends". not many people think of it this way, but it's true and easy to relate to. especially when you consider neville, who doesn't have many friends anyway and he stands up to the only ones he has to try and keep them in Gryffindor Tower.

2109. When the newborns are getting ready to attack in eclipse:
edward: marry me
bella: but i want to have sex!
edward: it's dangerous. i'll have sex after you marry me.
bella: fine, i'll marry you to have sex.

When Dumbledore is dead and Death Eaters/Voldemort are on the brink of taking over the entire Wizarding World:
Harry: I need to leave you so that Voldemort won't hurt you to get to me.
Ginny: I knew it would happen. You wouldn't be happy unless you were chasing Voldemort.

Which one seems much more natural? If there's an attack coming and you're not sure if you're going to survive, would you be planning sex and marriage, or trying to protect the ones you love from the threat?

2110. After reading Deathly Hallows, I tried to find even just one scene that they could take out to make a movie. I couldn't find one. Every single one matters for the plot to make sense. This means that JKR didn't add in unnecessary details. Thinking about Breaking Dawn, they could cut out so much stuff for a movie and it would still make sense. This shows how much unnecessary "detail" Smeyer puts in...
^that would make the movie about 10 minutes long if they cut out ALL the unnecessary details
^ haha very true :)
worried
^Despite that they're planning to make Breaking Dawn in two parts.
@LoveforSeverus - haha.... true..... seeing the twilight trailer is enough
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Italktosnakes said…
2111. Harry isn't portrayed as a perfect person. He has to work had for his success.
2112. The subplot surrounding Snape is just amazing. He's on Dumbledore's side, but pretends to be on Voldemorts side, while undercover at Hogwarts pretending to be on Dumbledore's side (or something like that).
2113. All the chapters in HP have reasons and are important to the story. In one of the twilight books, she spends a whole chapter talking about a night out, then says how she just wants to forget it even happened...so what was the point of us reading it then.
2114. Also, each spell, has been thought through, name-wise.
Eg: "Avasda Kedavra is an ancient spell in Aramaic, and it is the original of abracadabra, which means 'let the thing be destroyed.' Originally, it was used to cure illness and the 'thing' was the illness, but I decided to make it the 'thing' as in the person standing in front of me." Quote from JKR
2115 This Easter JKR was special guest at The White House...
angelic
2116 - People work hard at school and it becomes a big part of your life - i loved the "normality" of harry moaning about to much homework - we've all been there!!
Bella hardly mentions her school - she seems to not be in trouble for skipping class or passes exams with apparent ease.
cool
elderwand - what?? when?? how?? - i did not hear about this....tell me more please!!
2117. (sort of adding to 2116, thanks mooimafish17 haha) Guess what? Harry didn't get all Outstandings on his O.W.L.s! Even Hermione didn't get all Outstandings. Because school in Harry Potter is more realistic than Bella's school, even if they learn math and English in Twilight and Transfiguration and Potions at Hogwarts. Nobody gets perfect scores in every subject on big exams. Like I said, even Hermione got an E in Defense Against the Dark Arts, but she lived up to her cleverness with all of her other Outstandings. Harry got only one Outstandings, and he even failed two subjects and Ron failed two subjects as well, with no Outstandings. This. Is. Normal.

2118. I play tennis, and I tend to serve sort of lightly. So my coach told me to picture the face of someone I hate on the ball. So I pictured Umbridge's face on the ball (because she's basically the only person I hate in the series (because of her personality, not because JKR didn't write her well, because she did)) and I immediately served it about 5 times harder.

2119. Pottercast totally pwns "imprint: the #1 twilight podcast", which i doubt very many twilight fans even listen to.
^ *Pottercast & Mugglecast both pwn :)
@soulfizzle- what do they evn say in the twi podcast? There really is nothing to add because the while plot can be summed up in less than 30 words, and thats being generous! *sighs dramatically* I guess the world will never know how twifans's brains work...
i read some of the reviews on itunes and apparently all they do is argue for 2 hours, and everything gets repeated every 10 minutes....sounds *so* exciting

pottercast and mugglecast on the other hand, are both amazing :)
2120. if you don't believe me, type in "twilight needs" on google and see for yourself :)
 2120. if wewe don't believe me, type in "twilight needs" on Google and see for yourself :)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita zanhar1 said…
because harry potter has bellatrix (all twilight has is bella swan)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita emlincr said…
2122. Harry Potter's protagonist isn't stupid.

2123. Bella is so ridiculously and unrealistically lucky. The only book she ever reads is Wuthering Heights and Oh! What a coincidence! They get a pop quiz in English on Wuthering Heights.

2124. A bunch of people love Harry enough to risk their lives to protect him. Even then, Harry does a lot on his own to try to save his own ass. Bella Swan on the other hand just sits around and whines and does stupid stuff to cause more trouble just so her vampire family can help her.
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DivyaHarry said…
@souflizzle317:
Just tried that. Hilarious. :D
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DivyaHarry said…
#2125:
7 months and 62 pages later we are still going strong with over 2000 reasons.
I am waiting to give a prop to the first person who makes a post on the 20th page of why Twilight is better.
@coolmooimafish17 & all - its true..... She attended Easter egg roll ceremony at The White House..... she also read a chapter from Sorcerer Stone to the invited childrens there.... answered their questions about series......
AND BIGGEST NEWS OF ALL..... SHE PROMISED SOMETHING THERE - "I'm quite sure in the not-too-distant future, I will bring out another book"

I can't wait.......

check out yourself....
link

link
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita axmyna said…
cool
twilight is better, i think,link i love edwardlink
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Athiya said…
^ Post it on "1000 reasons why Twilight is better than Harry Potter"

:)
monkey
Is it just me or is everyone tired of Twilight fans not being able to read and seeing this is the HARRY POTTER section and there IS one for Twilight. I went to the Twilight one just to see it and didn't plan on commenting but then i realized they have, like, 5 reasons overall and some people were just chatting normally so I joined in, being the social butterfly I am :)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ravynflyte said…
2126. If you look at the "wallpapers" for Twilight, Bella/Edward's facial expression are exactly the same. >.< Also, they look so photoshopped. =.=
I'm going to ask the next person to decide if this is reason 2127 or not:

Cedric Diggory could kick Edward Cullen's sparkly ass.
yes, thats 2127 :)

2128. I think this might've been mentioned before, but I'll say it anyway just in case. JKR's website is creative, original, completely interactive in a cool way, and informative in a fun, amazing way. If you haven't been to her site, go to it ( www.jkrowling.com ) . you can spend hours just wandering around it. oh and there's hidden things all over her website so you can always be finding new things to experiment. Smeyer's website is basically like a fansite. A list of updates in chronological order, summaries of the books, and her bio. not very creative...

2129. JKR promised a battle in Deathly Hallows and for months, maybe even years, fans referred to it as The Final Battle and debated over what would happen and who would die and who would win and what the main plot of the book would be that would lead up the final battle. Smeyer spend half of her last book describing a f***ed up pregnancy (excuse my language) and the other half anticipating a huge confrontation and battle, and then they worked it out with talking between the leaders of the groups. that's what you call an anti-climax.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Pensieve_Seeker said…
So, souflizzle317, would you say that Breaking Dawn's climax is the equivalent of getting all excited to go to a yawning festival? (Props to Steve Martin.)
yes, i could probably agree to that. when i was a fan of twilight, i was expecting this really epic battle and i was really excited and then it got to that ending and i was like wow....
i like this statement.... so here it goes...

2130 the real difference between J. K. Rowling and Meyer is that J K Rowling is a terrific writer, and Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good. said by Stephen King
^So true.
I don't know if this should count as a reason so if you want to, you can count it.

What's really annoying is that the way Smeyer describes some of her characters could make some really good characters (Alice=fun and bubbly, Rosalie=really bitter but also really interesting and caring, Jacob=great friend), but she just tells us that these are qualities, and she doesn't put depth into the characters. So I love some of her characters, but I hate them at the same time because she made their quirky personalities really shallow because of her lack of writing skills. So this is kind of turning into a rant, but basically my point is, Smeyer created some characters that would be really great if they had just been written by someone with real writing talent and it's annoying that I like those characters, but they were written badly. So yeah, I hope you get what I'm trying to say :)

Also, it's really annoying that Smeyer spends so much of her books focusing on Edward and Bella (particularly, their arguing over who loves the other more and Edward's beauty) when her books could've been so much better if she focused on developing the interesting characters and their backgrounds (Jasper's back story, Alice's character - sorry, even though I hate Twilight now, I continue to love Alice - Jacob's tribe's story, Esme's attempted suicide etc).
^A agree... And I'm counting that as a reason :)

2131. There's a character in Harry Potter who was hated by literally everyone for six-and-a-half books. Now, if I find someone who doesn't like - rather, LOVE that character, I ask that person, "What is WRONG with you"
One chapter was all it took for people to LOVE Severus Snape. And that chapter wasn't full of philosophy, it was full of memories. It felt like the chapter didn't intend to do anything, but ended up convincing a whole bunch of people that Snape was a true hero.
That's how good JKR's writing is. She changed our entire perception of Snape (that had been built through six books) in one chapter. I'll eat my own head if Meyer ever accomplishes something like that.
2132 One of the best quality of JKR is that she can make a story just like that....out of nothing,,,,, who would have thought that even Ghost's of Hogwarts have a story of their own....

2133 HP is not a single tale.... its a collection of a large no of stories which JKR have connected & assembled in a terrific way.....
smile
@PygmyPuff14 Totally agree. I used to hate Snape so much. Now he's one of my fave characters in the books ^^
^hey! I trusted Snape! Always and forever.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita SuperFab15 said…
big smile
I think this is so cool! 2133 reasons?! That's crazy! I actually read all 62 pages yesterday and then joined fanpop 3 minutes ago just so I could contribute to this list! HARRY POTTER FOREVER!!!!

If someone already said this, sorry for the repeat:

2134. Harry Potter doesn't have parodies that are better written and more entertaining than the original. If you haven't read Nightlight, please do. It's HILARIOUS!
hey superfab15! welcome to the potter mania!
2135- The HP teachers are pivotal characters in the books. In twilight they are barely mentioned. Since teachers are one of the biggest influences a young person has, smeyers portrayal of them is far form realistic.
2136- During the scene in twilight where edward and bella have their first conversation, in science class, what they were learning about I covered in seventh grade. They are juniors (I think) and they are learning middle school stuff!
@potterrox - I learned about those things in 7th grade too, so it's not just your school (unless you go to my school? Duxbury, VT? nah, you probably don't, it's tiny). which just proves that Smeyer didn't do any research as to what juniors should be learning in biology (I think it was biology? and i think it was AP too...)

@LoveforSeverus - Yay!!! Someone else who always trusted Snape :) I believed so strongly in him that I wrote essays and bet all my friends who read the books that he was on Dumbledore's side and that he was in love with Lily. I was so outspoken about it that if he had ended up being evil, I would've been screwed haha :)

@ SuperFab15 (yes I'm doing a lot of @s today) - welcome :) I did the same thing you did - I read all 45 pages of this forum (it was 45 when I joined) and then joined just so I could post comments :)

2137. Harry Potter brings people together to debate points in the story (Snape, for one) and form friendships. Twilight just turns people against each other (Edward vs Jacob) and breaks the fans up into groups (Team Edward, Team Jacob, Team Emmett or whatever) who hate each other. Great fandom....

2138. I come to this forum intending to post one reason and then go work on something else and I end up being unable to leave without posting at least 3 reasons. That's how dedicated fans can get to Harry Potter (or it's just me)

2139. Hedwig's Theme (the theme song, in case you didn't know that it had a real name) is so much cooler and catchy than...what, Bella's Lullaby? I don't think so...

2140. Quick (I hope) comparison of Smeyer and JKR:

Prior to their books: Smeyer was living a normal life in Arizona, doing absolutely nothing except raising 3 kids (nothing wrong with this necessarily, but it means she has gained no life lessons)
JKR, on the other hand, was single-handedly raising a baby daughter while trying to work to support the two of them and writing in her spare time in a cafe while her daughter slept. Poverty and the feeling of breaking through with success taught her a great life lesson (hint hint, watch her speech at Harvard!)

Now that they're published: Smeyer takes all of her money to be even richer and she self-proclaims herself as a literary genius with as much talent as Shakespeare, Austen, Bronte, Stevenson etc. JKR, even though she remembers poverty and probably still has an irrational fear of sinking back into poverty, donates countless amounts of money to charity and is very modest about her talent. She didn't even realize how big her fandom was until after she finished writing DH and googled Harry Potter.

Films: Smeyer inserted herself as a prominent extra in Twilight and asked to direct Breaking Dawn. JKR was asked to play Lily Potter in Sorcerer's Stone but she turned it down because she knows that she's the author, not an actress or in any other field of film-making. The most she does is talk to the actors, such as telling Alan Rickman secretly from the beginning that he was supposed be in love with Lily, so that he could act his part the right way.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita venvargie said…
big smile
Hello^^ I just finally managed to read all of the pages(I have no life, lawl) and I wanted to say you all came up with some awesome reasons why Harry Potter pwns twilight! I signed up just so I could post some of my own.:D I won't number them because I kinda lost track of what number you're all on... =P

Harry Potter brings family members closer together: Before I had read the books a few years back I never really got along with my mom(who is a huge fan of the series :D) Once I read them, she asked me how they were and we started talking about what we liked and didn't like about the books(mainly the deaths *sniffle*) and it really brought us together. We talk all the time now and it was all because Harry Potter got us to talk and get along with each other.

twilight kills brain cells: Don't believe me? Well, a while back I was talking to my friend over the phone and we somehow got on the topic of great books we've read. I told her my favorite series of all time was Harry Potter. She said twilight and I, who had never even heard of it, questioned why. She said SM was a great writer and that twilight was better than Harry Potter.(note she's not a crazy fan! She's a normal girl with a rather poor taste in books apparently...*shakes head sadly* But she has mad love for HP so I forgive her. :)) I don't like to judge a book but it's cover and what not so I gave the books a chance. And I was all like, "WTF!?" when I finished. Clearly SM has something on the pages of the books because you gotta be on something to be as sane as my friend and say twitlight is better than Harry Potter. And a book for teenage girls my ass! If my mom new what was in these books she would have NEVER let me read them.

Anyway, that's all I got for now^^
big smile
^Hello! I'll count that as two reasons. We've got 2142 reasons now :)