Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 54807 majibu

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1551-1600 of 54807

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita venvargie said…
Oh yay I helped!
I certainly feel like I did something important now. XD
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita RealSunshine said…
2143) Hp is better because Harry isn't hot! :P

Like all Twihards say Twilight is better because edward's hotttttttttttttttttt
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita souflizzle317 said…
@RealSunshine, I beg to differ :) Maybe the character of Harry isn't supposed to be hot (and maybe that was your point, I don't know) but Dan Radcliffe along with Rupert Grint and Tom Felton are pretty damn good-looking :) But I think your point is, people don't obsess over HP because of the hot actors and that's true, unlike with twilight.

2144. I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned already, but only the Twilight side so I'm adding the HP side: HP actors have different expressions and poses in the HP posters and computer wallpapers etc. Twilight actors have the same expression and are positioned the same way in every single poster I've ever seen.

2145. All the people in Twilight are, or at least look, extremely young and beautiful. Even though most of the main characters are about 100 and Carlisle is somewhere around 300 and something, they all appear young and never have any real words of wisdom to give through their age (there is one point in New Moon the book not movie, when Carlisle has some talk with Bella but I don't remember what exactly he said...either way, it's one conversation). In Harry Potter, JKR realizes that old age brings wisdom, and she shows that through Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Hagrid mostly, and also even through Aberforth in DH and Molly and Arthur (not terribly old, but they still lived through Voldemort's original terror) and the ghosts of Hogwarts, who are centuries old.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita mooimafish17 said…
sunny
Welcome new people - i was the same i found this page by chance and joined to contribute!!!
haha mooimafish17, i found it pretty much by chance too :) although i *was* googling "harry potter better than twilight" to find lists of reasons and websites and things like that and i found this, so not completely by chance, but close enough.

and welcome everyone new to this forum :) hope you keep updating and stay a part of our big, loving harry potter family :)

2146. Fred & George. Moody. Tonks. Luna. Colin (Creevey). Neville. Dobby. The quirky minor (technically minor, even though they're major in so many people's minds, including mine) characters that make JKR a genius for creating such diverse and amazing personalities.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita SuperFab15 said…
About the looks thing, I hate how twilight people are always talking about how much hotter their actors are than ours. How hot you think someone is is your OPINION. My opinion? Robert Pattinson (in Twilight, not Goblet of Fire) looks like a gay, stoned, rapist with lipstick and body glitter on!
@SuperFab15 - I agree about Robert Pattinson, and I also think that Rupert Grint & Tom Felton (among others) are hotter than Kellan Lutz (Emmett) and Jackson Rathbone (Jasper, I think that's the actor's name). Just my opinion...

In any case, the hotness of the actors are not why any of the HP fans love the series. Most of them read the books before seeing the movies anyway. Personally, I saw the first movie when I was five and immediately started reading the books, but I don't think that should count because I was five and not noticing hotness and the main characters were all too young to be thought of that way anyway.

2147. JKR has admitted that she makes minor mistakes (such as classrooms moving floors between books because she forgot where they were before and other extremely minor errors). I have never heard Smeyer admit to even making minor mistakes, let alone the extreme plot holes and contradictions that appear in her books.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita potterrox said…
I found this forum when I googled harry potter is better thst twilight. No regrets!
@soulfizzle- No, I don't live in Vermont. But (and this is really off topic) what if all the people on this forum actally know each other outside of of little hp circle? wouldn't that be crazy?
2148- Every page of Harry Potter had relevance and none of them repeat each other. In twilight many pages repeat the same plot, commenting on edwards beauty
potterrox,I know! It's annoying and boring as hell! It took me over a month to make it through the twilight series (and i ended up skipping to the end halfway through breaking dawn because i just couldn't take anymore of how perfect everythingwas). Meanwhile, I can read the entire harry potter series in less than 2 weeks (WITH school and stuff). I personally think that says a lot about the quality of both series.
SuperFab15 - LOL - thats so true about RP!!
Potterrox - that would be strange - gimme a buzz if your from north london :):)
souflizzle317 - its true - because we watched them grow up we love them for that - not because they are "hot"

^^is that a reason - i dont you - you pick :D
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita emlincr said…
smile
^^Yes I'll count that as a reason. So we have 2149 reasons now! Yay! But anyways, I totally agree with the characters thing. We fell in love with all the characters because we've known them for years and we've gone through so much with them. I have a friend who is obsessed with Fred and George even though they're not even described as that good-looking :) But if you asked a Twilight fan why they like Edward, I bet you their answer will be that he's hot.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita sirusisdead said…
2150. harry potter has at least SOME funny parts
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita 1-2vampire said…
2151. Harry doesn't name his kids jarthur or molily.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita pinkelephant1 said…
@ 1-2 vampire: god, that would be quite scary. :)

2152: Twilight is bad for the environment. Smeyer wasted like five pages in new moon when edward left bella counting months: october, november, december, january... well congrats. at least we know one thing: bella can recite season names. Five pages per book, when millions are printed and bought is quite a lot of tree- killing!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita potterrox said…
2153- the cover art in harry potter is relevant to the books. In the american versions (i have them) Mary GrandPre puts in great little details in the covers. In the Deathly Hallows harry is wearing the moleskin pouch that Hagrid gave him around his neck. It's obvious from looking at the cover after you have read the books themselves that Mary GrandPre had read the books and uderstands what is relevant.
However, this is not the case with twilight. I still don't understand what the chess set on the cover of breaking dawn is about, or the random tulip on the cover of new moon. the cover of ecplise was probably chosen because it's black and red, which seems to be the theme of the covers. The only cover i remotely understand is the one on twilight. The whole apple= forbibben fruit thing. yet another example of meyer putting hints at her christian faith where it isnt necessary or appropriate.
If i'm missiing something about the twilight covers, like some underlying theme i have completely failed to grasp please let me know. I'll soon get over feeling stupid and thank you. :)
mooimafish17- nope, not from north london, sorry
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita PygmyPuff14 said…
@pinkelephant1: I completely agree. Poor trees.
@potterrox: I was confused about the covers too, so I looked it up on Meyer's website.
Twilight: It's not just the forbidden apple from Genesis. It also symbolizes Snow White's apple which gets you frozen forever like a vampire and the golden apple that Paris gifted Aphrodite(In Greek Mythology, that caused him to fall in love with Helen and ultimately lead to the Trojan war)

New Moon : Meyer actually said, " I don't know what the tulip means—I didn't have anything to do with this one." (FAIL)

Eclipse: Nothing's mentioned about the cover on her website. So it's probably the same as New Moon

Breaking Dawn:Breaking Dawn's cover is a metaphor for Bella's progression throughout the entire saga. She began as the weakest (at least physically, when compared to vampires and werewolves) player on the board: the pawn. She ended as the strongest: the queen. In the end, it's Bella that brings about the win for the Cullens. (Again, Fail. Bella grows physically strong, not emotionally. If Edwierd left her, she'd resume zombie-stage. The best part about being a woman is emotional strength, in my opinion)

2154. What happens to Jacob after Breaking Dawn, exactly? Do the Cullens move out of Forks? What do they tell Bella's mother? Honestly, if you're going to wind up a "saga", don't leave questions unanswered. Every single question was answered in Deathly Hallows

2155. (adding to 2154, thaks PygmyPuff14) In New Moon, when Edward leaves, he mentions that Carlisle is claiming to be ten years older than he looks (he says 10 years in movie, but age 33 in the book, and you can only assume that Carlisle must look like 23). Even if he lies about the whole "I don't want you anymore" thing, he's not lying about Carlisle looking a lot younger than he claims to be. Therefore, that fact still holds true a year later when they all talk their way out of fighting the Volturi and they settle back down in Forks. What???? Smeyer makes it sound like they're staying there forever, but apparently she forgot about the whole aging/not-aging thing. Great job...? Plot holes and unanswered questions like these had no part in Harry Potter.

2156. Yes, we know that Harry eventually lost his virginity (ahem, he had 3 kids) but we didn't have to endure pages and pages (possibly even entire chapters) of him discussing it with Ginny and how to make it so they each got some part of a deal and we didn't have to hear details of when it actually happened (no, there weren't details in Breaking Dawn, but Smeyer wrote about everything leading up to it, such as getting naked). Nor did we have to endure bad sex jokes by Ron or any of the other characters for that matter.

2157. Comparison of the main ditching in each series (in my opinion at least)
Twilight: Alice left with no warning, taking her "true love" with her, because she didn't want the Volturi to force her to join them. She did come back, but not until everything had already been settled.
Harry Potter: Ron left Harry and Hermione after a huge fight about why he had even come with them and after a miscommunication about Ginny's well-being at Hogwarts (they overheard the conversation between the goblins and Dean and Ted Tonks). He didn't force Hermione to go with him, even though he was clearly in love with her. He came back fairly soon after (a month? 2 months? I don't remember...) because he was feeling guilty and he knew he needed to be with his friends to help with the search for Horcruxes. He came back before Voldemort was defeated, and he came back even though being with Harry and Hermione was extremely dangerous for him.

Personally, I think Ron is the more loyal one.
@souflizzle317: You're really observant. (that's a good thing btw :)) I never even thought about the whole "characters leaving" thing! Thanks for pointing that out!

And thanks to everyone else whose put other obvious similarities between harry potter and twilight on here! :) Am I the only one who thinks there are way too many? There's no way that all of smeyer's ideas were her own.
^ Yes, I completely support the theory that Smeyer stole way too much from JKR. Clearwater, Bella(trix), Harry, the concept of hurting someone to get to the main target (Voldemort did this way too many times to count, and Victoria wanted to kill Bella to get to Edward), and I know there were a bunch more but I'm spacing on them now :) Oh, and thanks haha. I've read all the Harry Potters more than 10 times so I remember an insane amount of small details :)

2158. It might just be me, but anything that starts/comes out in the 21st century cannot be called a classic. Not for at least 50 years. Just a quick example, to be a Disney classic in my mind, it has to be animated, and come out in the 20th century. Because of that, Princess and the Frog isn't a classic yet, but I'm sure it will be in a few decades. To relate that concept to HP vs Twilight, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone came out in 1997 in Britain, 1998 in the US. Twilight came out in 2005. Therefore, Harry Potter is much much closer to being considered a classic. However, even though 4/7 of the Harry Potter books admittedly came out in the 21st century, people (not just HP fans) have been referring to it as great literature and certain to be a classic.

As Stephen King said (no, this is not the same quote that everyone's been posting about Smeyer not being able to write): "Harry Potter will indeed stand time's test and wind up on a shelf where only the best are kept. I think Harry will take his place with Alice, Huck, Frodo and Dorothy and this is one series not just for the decade, but for the ages."

Stephen King, a distinguished author, has not only let the world know that he thinks Smeyer can't write, but he also states quite clearly that he thinks Harry Potter will be considered a classic in the same league as Alice in Wonderland, Huckleberry Finn, Lord of the Rings, and The Wizard of Oz. And personally, I agree.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ginnymolly said…
big smile
souflizzle317 i totally agree with you and i totally agree with stephen king's quote

2159. JK Rowling is a hell of a lot prettier than SMeyer. I could say other things but basically everythings been said on here so that's my reason.
2160. I'm not sure, but I think I remember reading somewhere that at least one of Smeyer's kids was where she got the name for one of the werewolves...Seth maybe? Anyway, my point is that Smeyer gives her characters names that she has encountered in her life, so she doesn't have to come up with her own names. JKR's three kids are Jessica, Mackenzie, and David. None of those names are anywhere in Harry Potter (and if they are, they must be pretty damn minor characters because I don't remember them). Neither is Neil (her husband), or Di (her sister) or Anne (mother), Peter (father) etc, you get the point :) JKR comes up with her own, creative names and she makes them fit the character. I know this name thing has been brought up before, but I just wanted to add the details of the names of people.

2161. My 5 year old sister loves the Harry Potter posters in my room; she colored all over a Twilight one that I bought when I liked the series.

2162. Warning, this might be really confusing. It says that there are 1571 replies on this forum. A fair number of these replies don't even have reasons. They're just people who respond to a reason already stated or say something random that doesn't have to do with comparing the two series. For now, estimate that the number of replies that include reasons is maybe about 1300 or 1400. Then, you see that we have 2161 reasons (not counting this one). Seeing as 2161 is far more than 1300 or 1400, you would come to the conclusion that many of the replies on here have more than one reason (I've seen, and written, some that have about ten reasons haha). If HP fans are dedicated enough to come up with a lot of reasons in one go, personally that shows a great deal more dedication to the series than: 1st poster: "1. edwards hawtt." 2nd poster "2. EMMETT WAVEZ A BUCHIR NIFE!" (misspelling is on purpose) 3rd poster: "3. omgg taylor lautner is sexyy"

Maybe it's just me.
2162. Carlisle is a pedo. I mean, I remember reading in one of the books that he said he only bit dying people. And that I understand. I think people would notice of bunch of pale sparkly faries running around. What I /don't/ get is why he only bites teenagers, with the exception of his wife. I mean, he worked as a doctor for hundreds of years or whatever right? Surely he didn't only notice TEENAGERS dying, right? And last time I checked, Harry Potter doesn't have any pedos in it. What does that tell you? twilight's got what 2 pedos in it?
blush
That should be reason 2163 my bad...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LoveforSeverus said…
2164. I read the first chapter of Midnight Sun.

@ LoveforSeverus

I am so sorry for you. D:

2165. The actors for the Harry Potter movies don't have little girs going up to them saying, "Bite me!" That happened to guy who plays Edward in twilight a while ago. Idk when exactly but I don't think it was recent... But still.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita emlincr said…
2166. Harry Potter has action, drama, mystery, romance, and even humor in it. Twilight is just wannabe comedy and pure romance (if that's even what it can be called since Bella and Edward's relationship is based purely off of lust) I think everyone can agree with me that HP is much more interesting to read and you can read it dozens of times and still notice things you hadn't noticed the time before. With Twilight, the first time, eh pretty good I guess. Second time, um kind of boring. Third time, *shoots self*

2167. The romance in Harry Potter is much more moving.
With Harry and Ginny, they gave each other their space and didn't kidnap each other when the other goes on a trip *cough* Edward *cough* Harry let Ginny fight in the final battle at Hogwarts and he didn't puppy-guard her. He was too busy protecting the rest of the wizarding world. In Eclipse, if I remember correctly, Edward let his family face Victoria by himself while he hid in a tent with Bella.

Hermione and Ron's relationship had a lot more roller coasters (which NORMAL relationships should have) When they first bet in their 1st year, they hated each other for a good part of the year. Then they became friends and all through school, they bickered and got mad at each other a lot. Then in the Deathly Hallows, they both hurt each other while they both were trying to protect each other. For example, Ron got jealous of Hermione and Harry and that's why he left and by doing that, he hurt Hermione back. It specifically says in the book that Harry hears Hermione crying herself to sleep a lot while Ron was gone but she didn't walk around in a zombie-like stage did she? Then Ron eventually came back and Hermione definitely didn't crawled back into his arms all nicely did she? No. She punched him and was mad at him for leaving but all the same, she was glad he came back. Their relationship took 7 YEARS to form. Edward and Bella's "relationship?" About a week or so.

2168. The female characters in HP aren't demeaning to women. Ginny, Hermione, Luna, Molly, Lily, McGonagall, and even Umbridge were very strong and sure of themselves. Ginny, Hermione, are very independent and they could take care of themselves and were exceptional witches. They didn't need any guys to protect them. Molly was willing to fight for her family and die for her family and everyone she loved. She didn't let Arthur tell her to stay at home while he went and fought Voldemort. Same thing with Lily. She sacrificed herself to save her son and to me that was very brave. McGonagall was always very stern and at the same time very sure of herself. She stood up for what she believed in and didn't back down from anybody. Umbridge wasn't afraid to get what she wanted. She wanted to be in control of the Ministry of Magic and she actually succeeded in taking over Hogwarts. All the strong women in HP are admired (well maybe except for Umbridge) and well respected. All the females in Twilight that are remotely strong are hated. Jessica, Lauren, Rosalie, they were looked at as bitches just because they were independent and didn't entirely depended on a man.
This isn't really a reason more like a venting thing. I happen to share Bella's name(except with a Z instead of an S. Yes, my mom named me Izabella because she's addicted to some tv show or whatever. XD) and I kinda look like Bella. I'm kinda pale and I have brown hair and I'm clumsy etc. You can't imagine the hell I get from kids. I get called "Bella" constantly and they know it really irks me. D:< And people always compare me with Bella Swan. :| And other things I can't think of at the moment. Thank you SMeyer. Thanks for giving my friends, and others, reasons to poke at my buttons. They know how much I hate twilight too.

Well not exactly venting, more like a mini rant thing. I never get to rant about it so eh. Why not? You can feel free to ignore my random comment if you want. XD
2169. Bella's truck had more personallity than all the twilight characters combined.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita TeamSiriusBlack said…
2170. I have more facial expressions than kStewart when I'm reciting something funny that I've watched (Ex: AVPM)
hmmm
@ TeamSiriusBlack

I think /everyone/ has more facial expressions than her. =/
2171. When your daughter is in trouble, you help her. Either you do something yourself, or you get professional help. Molly Weasley did this, Charlie Swan didn't. When Ginny was fighting off Bellatrix, Molly stepped in and murdered Bellatrix ("NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"). When Bella was in a depression because Edward left (a significantly easier problem to deal with than a ruthless cold-blooded murderer), Charlie waited for, what, four months and then was ready to send her to Jacksonville just so he wouldn't have to deal with her.

Random question, does anyone on this forum live in New England??
@venvargie: I really feel bad about people comparing you with Bella Swan. I understand why you hate it. And that brings me to...
2172. Many times, a fictional character is compared to a real person because the share the same name. JKR was worried that girls who shared their name with her pushy, not-very-pretty character might be made fun of and so, she named her character "Hermione", an extremely uncommon name. Stephanie Meyer gave her characters their names by browsing through the "Most Popular Names" column in some baby name website.

2173. If a young-adult fiction novel becomes popular, people (girls, especially) are going to begin looking up to the protagonist. Anyone responsible with a peanut-sized brain would know that. Meyer, however, didn't. She says in her website that she didn't "intend" for her protagonist to be a role model. How's that supposed to stop girls from following her protagonists unhealthy example? Especially when said protagonist(I prefer not to type her name because it feels like an insult to a certain completely awesome negative character in HP) gets an extremely hot boyfriend by behaving unhealthily. The protagonist is brainwashing our generation. What is your problem, Meyer?
JKR, on the other hand, created Hermione as the main female character. Nuff said.
2174. Kristen Stewart thinks that she's got it made as an actress ("thinks" is the key word, she really can't act) so she goes around smoking pot and doing whatever she wants because she thinks she's set for life. Emma Watson really *is* set for life. She is an amazing actress and is certain to have a long, successful career in acting (as long as she stays an actress, that is). However, even though she's set for life if she wants to be, she's still concerned about her education (any similarities between her and her HP character? haha) and she's attending Brown (I think), which is an Ivy League here in the US, to improve her mind and extend her knowledge. Talk about a great role model (:
@souflizzle317

Nope. I live in America. :3

@PygmyPuff14

Yeah, it sucks sometimes. >.>
And I remember talking to this one twilight fan who said they were gonna name their kid Renesme or however you spell it.
That poor kid.
I feel sorry for her...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Pensieve_Seeker said…
@venvargie--New England is in America. It is the region of the northeastern states (i.e. Maine, Rhode Island, Vermont, etc...)
@ Pensieve_Seeker

Wait what? XD
Wow, I feel like an idiot...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DivyaHarry said…
@2172:
"Baby name website" - Man! You guys are hilarious.

#2175:
Harry and Ron are lost without Hermione. Without her, they would probably still be waiting to get past the Philosopher's stone.
Without Bella, Twilight would actually be interesting.

#2176:
My sister and I hadn't spoken to each other for 1 1/2 years. We both love Harry Potter and watched Prisoner of Azkaban. The first thing we spoke about was how good the movie was. We became best friends after that and haven't fought since. Potter brings people closer.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita PrincessEclipse said…
smirk
Harry Potter,in my opinion

It is a different genre than twilight so they should not be compared

p.s:more than a hundred people in Harry Potter have been killed.
p.p.s:Stephen King,He is not that good a writer
p.p.p.s:sparkly vampires rule
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DivyaHarry said…
^
"more than a hundred people in Harry Potter have been killed"
Makes it more realistic and heart-wrenching.

"Stephen King,He is not that good a writer"
Have you read any of his books. My guess is NO. Yeah!And Meyer is a great writer, right?

"sparkly vampires rule"
They rule because they and their crazy fangirls have shallow personalities.
@ PrincessEclipse

Though I disagree with your last two points, I have to say you're right about that thing with Harry Potter and twilight being compared with each other. Harry Potter is too awesome to be compared with something as shitty as twilight.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita elderwand said…
@PrincessEclipse

i agree with u..... indeed Harry Potter is different genre than twilight coz Harry Potter is a series of terrific Novels.... & twilight is a piece of crap......

killing ppl make story realistic..... if there is a war ppl from both side dies...... more of this in my next post.....

Stephen King is not a good author..... you must further add neither is Shakespeare or JK Rowling or J. R. R. Tolkien then it would be the joke of the millennium........

sparkly vampire huh..... n i thought i can find atleast 1 twilight fan who is sane......
Now about war thing........

you know what..... we called it a war when 2 sides fight with each other desperate to kill..... so obviously (its obvious unless u r a twilight fan) that ppl dies from both sides.... which looks more realistic and even more heart touching.....

2177 in twilight volturi came all the way to kill them.... cullens were ready for fight but he got convinced & leave them..... most dumb villain in history........
"n i thought i can find atleast 1 twilight fan who is sane...... "

But they DO exist, elderwand!
I have a few friends who like twilight but they're some of the most sane people on this planet.
cool
^^ wow - most of mine are turned into dumb blonde's by Edward

(sorry hair colour stereotypical - but she is blond see......never mind.)
laugh
@ mooimafish17

I totally get you.
And most of my friends who like twilight are blonde too.
Weird how that works out.
Anyhow,

2178. Quotes from Harry Potter are cooler AND can be used in real life. For example, I roleplay a lot online and I see a lot of trolls on the site I got to. And sometimes people can't tell if they're trolling or not. (tricky little devils XD) How do I tell them said person is a troll? "Troll in the dungeon. Thought you ought to know." (brownie points to the person who can tell me who said this! :D) And when can you use quotes from twilight in real life? Exactly.
mischievous
^Quirrell said that
And you can say, "The lion fell in love with the lamb" to your boyfriend if you want him to dump you ;P
laugh
@ PygmyPuff14

Scew the points, have a real brownie! *hands you a freshly baked one* Good job. ;D
And I'll be sure to remember that next time I want to end it with a boyfriend. XD
2179. The humor in Harry Potter is much better than twilight's "humor".

Harry Potter:

"Oh Professor look! I think I found an unaspected planet! Oooh, which one's that, Professor?"
"It is Uranus, my dear," said Professor Trelawney peering down at the chart.
"Can I have a look at Uranus too, Lavender?" said Ron.

twilight:

All it has is Emmet's sex jokes as far as I remember.

Yeah...
It's clear who the winner is here.
I got that little quote from MuggleNet btw. ;D
2180. JKR put in so much foreshadowing details that I love going back and rereading the books and finding all the things that predict future things but at a first reading, might seem like something else. Snape appearing to be the one cursing Harry's broom in Sorcerer's Stone, for one, but unless you know that it was really Quirrell, you don't pay any attention to the fact that Harry was fine once Quirrell was knocked over in the commotion with Snape and the fire (yes, it does mention that Quirrell fell over!). That's just one example, and there's so many more which makes JKR talented enough for putting all that detail in, but she also manages to make those details things that the reader won't pick up on as necessary details, so that they're totally shocked when the truth is revealed and they want to go back and find the clues. This is real talent.

2181. Okay, this won't be an exact quote because I don't remember the exact wording but I think it's close enough for my point to get across: " 'You're a great wizard, Harry.' 'Not as good as you.' 'Me? Books and cleverness. There are more important things. Friendship and bravery.'"
From the first book, JKR makes it clear that friendship, and consequently love, and bravery are key points in not only her series, but also in life. And while knowledge and being smart is good too, it's not as important as "friendship and bravery". Smeyer seems to want her characters to just be perfect, smart and pretty and good fighters. In terms of sending a message to kids of all ages who are reading these books and trying to figure out what kind of person they're going to grow into, JKR sends a much better message that love is much more important than having things like beauty or even cleverness.

2182. This is more of a personal opinion, but I'm going to post it as a reason anyway. I'm a totally hopeless romantic. Anything even slightly emotional and I have that feeling you get when something touches you (and I don't mean physically touch). So, a question for all Twilighters out there, if I'm such an easily moved person, why is that I found it easy to cry for even an owl in HP, along with the humans who died, and I was yawning every time that anything remotely emotional was happening in Twilight? JKR develops her characters so that when something happens to them, it doesn't even have to be death, her readers feel it too.

2183. When it gets right down to it, a real battle is much more interesting to read about than two huge groups of people coming together to meet and then talking out their problems. Even if the vampires had fought, it wouldn't have been as interesting. They just run around each other and tear off each other's heads. In Harry Potter, you have countless curses to choose from (Avada Kedavra was used most, probably) and there's also all the dangerous plants that Professor Sprout was chucking at the Death Eaters, the crystal balls that Trelawney was dropping on people's heads (I always found that amusing), Grawp, who came in and shoved Hagrid threw a window (another amusing part haha), all the Horcruxes, four of which were destroyed during the battle (the cup, the diadem, the snake, and the part in Harry), and all the other magical elements that I can't think of right now. The battle took up several chapters, I don't remember the exact number, and it was about 500 times more interesting than any of the "action" in Twilight combined.

2184. Rupert Grint owns (at least I think he still has it) an ice cream truck. Enough said.
2185 One more proof of JKR's writing power is that we think about the characters what she wanted us to

i.e. all HP fans for instance :-
1. Hate Umbridge
2. Admire Snape
3. Respect Dumbledore
4. get irritated from Rita Skeeter
5. love even characters like Dobby, hedwig...
(*a long list*)

while in twilight even SM seems to be confused about some characters so as twilight fans....
1. like who is hot - edward or jacob..
(can give more examples but then why should i care when even SM don't pay any attention on others....)