Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 54807 majibu

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 2301-2350 of 54807

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita FredWRules said…
*joins in the group hug too* YAY group hug!!!!

I want a British accent! I just have a boring old Australian one that isn't even that strong. Actually, people have asked wether we're from New Zealand or England before... my Mum's from Adelaide. :D I don't know what my accent is. It's just weird. I'm babbling. I'm going to stop now.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Italktosnakes said…
smile
@mooimafish17 Oh Cool :D I was just wondering whether you lived where I used to :) x
I'd love to spend more time on this site now, but I should really be going to school right now...:P x
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita TheQuibbler said…
Are you kidding? Aussie accents are amazing! I wish I had one. The only interesting thing about Utah accents are that we pronounced mountain without the t.

I'm leaving in a half hour so see you guys, *starts crying* I'll miss you! Some of you have more in common with me than some of my personal friends.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita emlincr said…
^^Haha I live in Colorado! I've never even noticed that we pronounce mountain without a t. It just sounds like moun-un. It's the same with words like satin too, we pronounce it like sa-in. I wish I had a British accent. =D
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita souflizzle317 said…
^ It's the same with Vermont accents. We EXTREMELY don't say our t's. Haha it's not like we sound like rednecks or anything, we just kind of skip over almost every t in every word we say :) Like you said, it's moun-un and sa-in and then there's vermonner (vermonter) and hunner (hunter) and monpelier (montpelier) etc. I don't notice it, but my chorus teacher gets annoyed with us because our lack of t's becomes even more pronounced when we sing :)

emlincr, I wish I had a British accent too, you're not alone :)
link
Well, if you have a butchers at this, then you could be talk more like a Brit rather than a septic :P Although, I love your accent tbf :) x
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita mooimafish17 said…
surprise
^^ i was reading that thinking how funny it was that i had never thought that things i take for granted (like words) are very different in other cultures.
I know, without half those words, I probably wouldnt be able to speak tbqh.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LoveforSeverus said…
Guys! guys! I live in SOUTH CAROLINA!!! HALF the people talk like their from Alabama (which my dads family is) and a Southern Accent is the worst. It is so annoying.
oh and *group hug*
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita SuperFab15 said…
LoveforSeverus, I feel your pain. I live in Atlanta, so I don't have an accent, but my neighbors are from south GA and they so do. It's wierd though because all my mom's relatives from New York say my brother and I do have an accent and I'm like "Um, hello? YOU'RE the ones with the accent!"
@LoveforSeverus, I think Southern accents win the annoying award, you're right, but I live in rural Vermont so while there's normal people (like me and my family/friends) with simply Northeastern accents, there are also the rednecks and hunters who have that really annoying slurred, exaggerated Northeastern/hillbilly accent. That gets really annoying too :P

@SuperFab15, I don't know if this was your point with your relatives thinking you have an accent, but I have the same sort of thing with my relatives. They live in Chicago so they have sort of Midwestern accents (not terrible) and it's not too much different from mine, but it's different enough that my cousins always tell me that I have an accent, and I always feel like it's them with the accent. I think it's kind of interesting that the presence of an accent depends on what you're used to :)
My grandparents have Long Island accents. New York takes a close 2nd in most annoying accents.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita potterrox said…
My grandma has lived her whole life in michigan, and she has this crazy strong midwestern accent. She pronounces "Pat" my dad's nickname like "paayat" And I live in the northern part of virginia, so we dont really have an accent at all, which I've always found kind of sad.
^ I bet you do have an accent, you just don't realize it. I mean, I don't think that I have an accent, but my cousins insist that I do. It's just you're used to it *shrugs* haha.

@LoveforSeverus, New York does take a close second :P Have you ever heard of Fran Drescher? She's on the Nanny, and she has the most annoying NY accent
Idk. If we ever meet, you can tell me.
^ Haha, deal :)
Yeah. they're all from upstate Nww York (almost Canada) and they're all nasally and they just sound kind of wierd, but they say I sound wierd. Idk. It's just one of those things. souflizzle317, It is really interesting!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita flitch7AnC said…
Hope I'm not repeating this reason but I just want to help.
(am I right?)2549. In POLES/VOTES between Harry Potter and Twilight, Twilight is usually winning, but in the comments, they just say how "r0matic!" it is without showing any proof. HP fans don't give a crap about poles so they go to a forum like this and make over 1000 reasons why HP is better.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Mrs_Malfoy23 said…
kiss
OMFG!!! I love you guys! You officially made my day!!!! lol and thats saying something because I watched Prizoner of Azkaban and Order of the Pheonix today.....so uh i want a British accent too! Though my 10 year old brother and i try all the time, he wins...i fail... oh well c'est la vie!

btw. I HUG YOU ALL!
We all hug back here :)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita heartbreak_gal said…
Harry Potter is definitely WAY WAY WAY BETTER than Twilight!
kiss
Does anyone know what number we're on?
P.S. if you are a Snape lover go to the Severus Snape fanclub and go see the "Everyone Writes Fanfic" and post on there !!!!!
smile
smirk
Thank you :)
2550. There is real pain and "chagrin" in Harry Potter. Does this really need explanation?

Go to the everyone writes fanfic on the Snape fanclub !!!
link

first one cracks me up :)
2551. link

vs.

link
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DracoLuver said…
2552 - Trust

Edward pretty much gave up on Bella's existence. When Jacob told him that Charlie was at a funeral, he thought "Oh, Bella is clumsy, she probably did kill herself." When you love someone, you never, ever think like that. You go crazy and don't believe anyone. Edward can't trust Bella to stay alive. Also, Stephenie Meyer spent so many pages talking about how smart the Cullens are. Jacob is Bella's bestfriend. If she was dead, wouldn't he be at the funeral too? Wouldn't he be bawling his eyes out? Edward needs to think.
Harry trusted Dumbledore very much to help him. At times he did feel like Dumbledore didn't give him enough information and felt frustrated, but he still kept going. (:
Ummm...I know this is kinda cheating, but can someone help me with the leaky cauldron riddle, Im really stuck. Id get it if you say know, seeming as it is a competition, but there's no harm in asking I guess :) x

Link: if you haven't seen it (Riddle 5) x
link
t72400.html&p=1864671#entry1864671
Thankyou, either way :) x
^^ link not working - plz repost hunny :)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita venvargie said…
I'm sorry I haven't been on lately guys. Internet was down. xP I wanted to say good job for getting to page 94!
2553. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Harry Potter actors don't go around mooching for MORE money (when they already have way too much) and threaten to quit if they don't get exactly what they want. Ashley Greene and Kellan Lutz both did not too long ago.
laugh
I KNOW THIS WAS TALKED ABOUT IN THE LAST FEW PAGES BUT I WANT A BRITISH ACCENT TOO! *shot for caps rape*

I've lived in California my whole life so yay boring American accent. But I'm tongue-tied (it's when you have this skin under your tongue that keeps you from lifting it much or sticking it out past the tip of your lower lip. (with mine anyway))) So I talk with a lisp or whatever, does that count as an accent? xD Seriously idk what a lisp is exactly, but I've always had trouble with my S's and Z's
God, that sort of thing drives me crazy!! They already have more money than they could ever possibly need.
I know! When I heard about that I was like really? Really Kellan? Really Ashley? You can't act worth crap so you're basically getting paid MILLIONS of dollars to look pretty and do nothing, and you think you deserve even more?! Really?!
Ah~ Gotta love shallow, selfish, retarded, can't act worth a shit actors, amirite?
Really?!?! I didn't hear anything about that, but I'm not surprised. Wow, now I think even less of the Twilight actors. Although I do like Michael Sheen, Dakota Fanning, and Taylor Lautner. But the first two are minor characters, and most people love Taylor anyway because he's hot so....The main character actors in Twilight are just terrible. Dan, Emma, and Rupert? Not only amazing at acting, but great role models too :)
Hey! That's actually GOOD acting when they act like that. They match their characters better.

and soufizzle Emma is, like, the top earning actress of last year or something. Cuz she's effing good.

@venvargie I have a slight lisp too. Sometimes I don't sometimes I do. Depends on the time, how much sleep i've had, and how lazy i happen to be feeling.
@venvargie I have a slight lisp too. Sometimes I don't sometimes I do. Depends on the time, how much sleep i've had, and how lazy i happen to be feeling.

I didn't even know I had one till I told a friend I was tongue-tied. She was all like, "Oh! So that's why you have that lisp."

Me: I have a lisp...? O.o;
^^hahahaha nice.

Ahh sorry I haven't been on in a while. Was at an overnight basketball camp. Haha well anyways... I totally agree with the actors thing. Okay, Ashley and Kellen or whatever their names are, JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE ACTING SKILLS OF A 7TH GRADER WHO HAS TAKEN ONE SEMESTER OF DRAMA CLASS DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN ACT LIKE PRISSY BRATS AND ASK FOR EVEN MORE MONEY! (sorry for the caps rape guys)
But Soulfizzle, I totally agree, I really like Dakota Fanning. She can actually act, despite her age. And Michael Sheen is awesome too. But the rest of the cast (well the vampires anyways) look like they have something stuck up their a** hole and they're forced to deliver their lines.
Didn't link work? Shames. I'll just type it out :) x

Without these Hedwig would never take flight.
The duty of Fluffy who’s ready to bite.
The Horcrux hidden in yon castle tower.
The force Lucius wields over ministry power.
Look at the start of these magical few,
Ollivander, Snape, and Albus too.
What you will find when the answers unite,
Is a magical way to really take flight. :D
Reason whatever we're on. I was watching TV and after a commercial about the Last Airbender movie *fangirl sqeal* I saw one for Eclips(sp?). A little soon, don't ya think?

This is exactly why the movies are pure shit. They hardly work on them from the looks of it. =/
^Apparently their excuse to not talking long for each movie is that it needs to finish fast, because otherwise the people playing vampires will age...x And according to Kristen Stewart, Twilight is Harry Potter with sex appeal (NEWSFLASH:I dont think so...) x
And according to Kristen Stewart, Twilight is Harry Potter is sex appeal (NEWSFLASH:I dont think so...) x

What. The. Fucking. Shit.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita GemonkDruid said…
Argh, what the hell... Kristen Stewart used to be smart, but who else would sign up for the role of Bella than a moron?
I really hate Kristen Stewart. Well, I hate all of them, but Kristen Stewart especially.
^ I agree, she's terrible at acting, she does drugs, she is totally rude to her fans, and she acts like she's on the same level as amazing actors such as Gary Oldman, Meryl Streep, Michael Caine, Maggie Smith etc. I can't find a single thing good about Kristen Stewart :P
^Ugh I hate her too. She always acts like she's above everything and everyone else. Like at premiers and stuff, she either looks stoned, drunk, or sleepy. Has anyone else noticed that she never genuinely smiles? It's always like a grimace or smirk.
@italktosnakes is it power? or knowledge? something like that.

Kstew is a dirty whore that needs to learn her place in life. I realized that she can act way better than she can actually talk.
@LoveforSeverus
Thanks, but I figured it out (those that want to know its Wingardium Leviosa) Thankyou for helping me ^^ *hugs* x
I want to be an actor and it does upset me that people like that(!!!) can get good roles :( :(

sorry - rant over :) :)

what number are we on?