Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 54807 majibu

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 251-300 of 54807

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LoveDraco123 said…
cool
676. People change in Harry Potter and that is reality- Regulus was a Death Eater but he changed his mind and started to work in bringing Voldemort down, dying while he tried to do so.

677. SM completely failed at describing the wedding. JKR nailed it.

678. See, not everyone can like Bella! She thinks she's all pathetic (personally, I agree) but everyone seems to like her. How many people hate Harry? Hmm?

679. Okay, the loyalty in Twilight is suckish. Jacob leaves his pack for Bella- wow, he's loyal. NOT. Bellatrix never left Voldemort- she held on like she was in love with him.
Bunhead19 commented…
sadly, an old friend of mine thought he was whiney and lazy. but all ppl have thier flaws zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita xvoldemortx said…
monkey
680. No one in Harry Potter is stupid enough to keep demon spawn inside them even if it's killing them.

681. In Harry Potter there's a FLYING car. Beat that Cullens!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita topez99 said…
682:Harry Potter is aimed at All AGES
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita peaceoutsuckaz said…
683. The villains r sooo good @ bein bad. ya just have 2 admire it.

684. the Pope hasnt complimented Twilight yet. i heard sumwhere that he seyd HP teaches a good lesson. yay pope :P
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita peaceoutsuckaz said…
smile
685. HP is so unpredictable. it has so many twists and turns, and its one of the only books or movies ive seen like that. u dont no wat 2 expect. i luv that bout it. u kant just guess and b rite.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita TheAncient1 said…
smile
one overall reason...THERE IS A REAL PLOT!!! HP FOREVER!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LilysLittleTwin said…
686. There are SONGS, good songs, dedicated to the Weasleys, Harry and Ginny, Severus, and when Harry was walking to his death, etc.

687. Harry understood that for Voldemort to die, he had to, too. Bella would be like 'What!? No way! Avada Kedavera!' BOOM.

688. I don't know if this counts but: The Weasleys took in Harry when he didn't have a family. And EVERYONE welcomed him with open arms. I'm not counting the Dursleys as a family because they suck.

689. If a Harry Potter fan said they were Team Bellatrix or Team Voldy, we would laugh at them and they would join in, at least I would. If someone said they were Team James, they would be pelted with bricks. We can take it.

690. (Wooh!)Edward would be defeated by a half-eaten donut. What does he do when he finds a bear? 'RAWWWR! I'm going to bite you with my perfectly straight, non-threatening teeth!' Harry defeated VOLDEMORT for Godric's sake.
Bunhead19 commented…
not to mention a song about Hippogriffs! it's in the fourth movie Yule Ball zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita icychill1223 said…
wink
691- there's always a new twist in each story and every character has something unique about them Harry-The boy who lives Ron-Clutsy Hermione-Smart Luna-Odd <lol> and you can tell jk rawling had it all set from the beginning considering everything throughout the series shows up in the end
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita icychill1223 said…
mischievous
692-The special affects in the movie are way better than in twilight (seriously twilight is like so predictable....i wonder if bella becomes a vampire....DUH)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita stickymonkey said…
693- JK Rowling didn't just write a story, she also wrote lyrics (the sorting hat, Celestina Whatsits' song), poems, stories WITHIN the main story (tales of beedle the bard for example)

694- YEARS of planning, research and writing is what made HP so brilliant. Smeyer just had a dream and wrote about it, in seconds, and that's exactly how long the popularity of the book lasts. what you put in is what you get out of it, JK Rowling dedicated her life and time to it, and that's exactly what she gets - a long lasting popularity.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita TheAncient1 said…
heart
695- People reference Harry Potter everywhere! T.v shows, some songs, other movies, it's awesome! The three deathly hallows for one thing, I see references to them everywhere.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Kersian said…
696. We are closing up to 700. Shows how much we are devoted.

697. All you Twilight fans have only proven to be not challenging at all.

698. Harry Potter characters have accents that make pleasing to the audience, cause it is fun to hear.

699. Harry Potter kicks ass because of it's special effects in the movies. I don't wanna see some cheap ass effects likes Twilight. Plus Harry Potter uses a huge budget for their movies.

700(there you go) Twilight fans have only responded to us who dislike it with negative approaches, as in physical and through curse words. They stand up for their book in a very unmannered way.
701. J. K. Rowling does not see fit to descibe how supposedly gorgeous her main male character is twice on every page.

702. The vampires are pale disco balls in Twilight.

703. It makes light of emo people. If all you have to do to be emo is be like a robot, then I was emo after Severus' death. No. Emo people slit their wrists, they only wear black, etc.

704. They called it horror. THERE WAS NO FREAKING HORROR.

705. There's no action.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita InvisibleFriend said…
706. Seriously, what's dying by the hands of the Volturi to the Dementors Kiss?

707. The mood of most of the book is a depressed state. Bella is very moody and depressed even when there's nothing to be upset about. That leaves room for nothing bad (ie a character dying). To make the plot a bit more better, Bella's mum could've actually been killed even after Bella arrived or something. anyway, enough rambling.

708. Fred & George. Enough said.

709. Draco fangirls have not attempted to drown someone because they didn't like Harry Potter. True story. A fifth grader in a toilet.

710. Harry Potter teaches that sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands. Like with the D.A.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita topez99 said…
711. Once you get to a certin point of the story you can understand the picture on the cover
Bunhead19 commented…
I never did understand the apple zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Bunhead19 commented…
Then again, I wouldn't know because couldn't read twilight zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Mrs-Grint said…
712. Harry Potter has fangirls AND fanboys, also they don't go screaming about the place, shrieking "OH MY GAWD!! HARRY AND DRACO ARE SOOOO FREAKING HAWT!! THEY IZ MIIIIIINE!!"

icychill1223, I freaking love that picture of Tom on your icon!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LoveDraco123 said…
cool
713. Vampire government (Volturi) vs Ministry of Magic. Wait, I already know the answer. Ministry of Magic- DUH!!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita SmashtheRadio said…
monkey
714. The rules JK Rowling step up for the series don't contradict themselves later on (unlike Twilight)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita burgundyeyes said…
big smile
715. The fact that the Oxford University is going to change one of its common room's into "Gryffindor".
Potterrocks112 commented…
really??? Have they changed now? zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Bunhead19 commented…
OK IM GOING TO OXFORD! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita xvoldemortx said…
monkey
716. Harry and Ron didn't need to be "hot" for people to like them.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita stickymonkey said…
there are more people who hate Twilight, than those who hate HP.

people who hate HP are usually those who haven't actually read the books - i know many people who used to dislike HP, then read the books and absolutely loved them. on the other hand we have Twilight series which are hated BECAUSE of the books, because of how badly they've been written etc.

People who love Harry Potter usually have actual good reasons to love it - they can relate, it teaches good lessons, it's like an escape from the real world etc. Twilight lovers usually only like it because of stupid reasons such as - the main character is hot or something.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita philly26phan said…
719 Has anyone read "the vampire dairies"? Is the exact same as twilight only different names and the charecters actually have some depth to them. Im suprised the author of the vampire dairies hasnt sued Smeyer yet.

720 If you look at every supporiting charecter in twilight and listed all of the personalities you wouldnt get much. HP on the other hand, there is tons.
Example in Twilight
Mike: Likes Bella because shes new at the school and "something new to look at"... has babyish looks... and the rest of the details about him are about what clothes he is wearing
Example in Harry Potter
Luna Lovegood: Father owns the "Quibbler". She is a nut case. She is brave and enjoys having Harry, Ron, Hermione, Nevil, Ginny and so on as friends. She beleives in strange stuff even when people make fun of her for it. She stands for what she beleives.... I could go on

721: Bella is made out to be this selfless charecter though, when looking back, she is just a jerk. She does nothing for her father other than making food for him. She doesnt even talk to him half the time. In New Moon she completley abandoned her friends because she was so depressed. A real friend would have gotten over it and tried to be a good friend. She treats most of her friends like crap and doesnt even remember they exist. She never talks to her mother except on e mail when her mother is freaking out or when Bella is hurt. She lets other people fight for her. She claimes to not want them to fight for her and she feels bad but she never really tries to stop it.
Harry Potter always tries to stop people from helping him. He sacrifices himself for his friends and even when he is sad or upset he stays by his friends and doesnt abandon them. He is completley devoted to the world and Bella is really just devoted to making out. How selfless are you when you get married at 18 and have a child. What kind of example is that Mrs. Meyer?
722 Twilight completely destroyes all the respect that has grown for women. Bella is depicted as the perfect house wife who cooks for the man of the house, who happens to be her father. She is completley dependant on Edward when many women nowadays dont get married of even have boyfriends. Women can take care of themselves and be brave when necessary and we dont need men to do it. Stephanie Meyer completely disregards these facts and says that if we bring them up we are reading too much into them.

She says we are reading too much into it but isnt that what a good writer wants you to do? Find deeper meanings that arent specifically spelled out on the page. In Harry Potter there are themes plastered on every page. Twilight has only two themes in my eyes. One, women (especially teenagers) need a man to get them through life and two, it's ok to creepily stalk some girl you just met three weeks ago and fall in love when really all she cares about is the fact you're georgous and doesnt care that she could die as long as shes attached to a goddess.
The themes presented in Twilight make me rant like a lunitic while the themes in harry potter are themes i would teach to my children when im older. (Older than 18).
Has anyone notice how in Twilight, there is not one black person. That in my opinion is completley racist. Sure in the movie they made Tyler black but nowhere in the book did it say that. In Harry Potter there are people of all different races present. Stephanie Meyer makes everyone in her books perfect. The fact that there is not another race in that entire series suggest something vulgar and racist. Meyers form of writing based on very oldfasioned ways of thinking.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita silverandgreen7 said…
...there are two 722? Does that mean it's actually 725?? :P
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita tomboy94 said…
laugh
i like harry potter better but twilight is not that bad lol my friends r crazy aboout it tho
726. All Twilight fans I have seen in (for lack of a better word) chat rooms have stated their opinion in CAPS LOCK and when we asked why that's their opinion, they left and never came back.

727. There's no class clown in Twilight. Let's see: James, Sirius (RIP), Remus (RIP), Fred (RIP), George, and Harry's son James was said to take after his namesakes James and Sirius.

728. Harry Potter fans do not cling to how 'hawt' Daniel Radcliffe is as a reason for liking the books.

729. J.K. Rowling is actually clever at naming people. Voldemort. Besides just sounding evil, in French, it means 'flight from death'; also, 'I am Lord Voldemort' is an anagram for 'Tom Marvolo Riddle' (High-five). The star Bellatrix is also known as 'the amazon star'. A nod to her magical prowness. etc.

730. What is better than the Marauder's Map? NOTHING.

731. Meyer passes off all critisism by saying 'Ohh, you're reading too much into it!' Well aren't we supposed to? Books are meant to be read. Also, I once quoted P!nk 'I'm not here for your entertainment. You don't really want to mess with me tonight!' and someone said that Twilight wasn't there for my entertainment. Well of course it is! It's a book and books are meant to be read and enjoyed (FAIL)!

(By the way, it's so fun to make fun of. Edweird, Twitards, etc.)
Bunhead19 commented…
Where is Jame's RIP? zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
732. J.K. Rowling created a world. Meyer created a house.
733. I'm counting this anyway. When I read a spoiler that Bella was a vampire in the end, this is what I thought:
me:'WHAT? NOOO!!! THEN SHE CAN'T MEET BELLATRIX AND HAVE HER @$$ PAN-SEARED FOR BEING THE WORLD'S BIGGEST IDIOT!'

734. J.K. Rowling does not have her sister scan her E-mail for critisism. True story.

735. No one expected Moody to be an imposter, Snape was good in the end, etc. There are twists and turns in Harry Potter.

736. There are traitors, whether Peter or Andromeda or the Weasleys, people are different than their ancestors/parents.

737. J.K. Rowling doesn't steal names. IsaBELLA and BELLAtrix, Jacob BLACK and Sirius BLACK (They can also turn into big dogs), etc.
Bunhead19 commented…
735. about moody, some of my inayopendelewa nukuu are from the imposter... "CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!" zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Okay, I made a trip to the nether regions (why twilight is better than Harry Potter) and this is what I got.

738. You're right! Anyone can read Twilight! Even the monkey from the zoo!

739. So you think that 'OMG, just thinking about how sparkly-y he is makes me want to throw myself off of a cliff.' is normal thought? There's something wrong with you.

740. Romeo and Juliet DIED. (Silverevilchao, don't sue me, I quote) '[Romeo and Juliet] had a moral. It was basically: don't follow your stupid hormones or else you are going to DIE. Painfully.'

741. Harry Potter fans realise that Ralph Fiennes[sp?] is not Lord Voldemort. We realise that Alan Rickman is not the bat of the dungeons. And we realise that Rupert Grint is not the great and loyal sidekick. Twitards need to realise that Robert Pattinson is not the pale disco ball.

I'll quit for now. But you people need to check out Ministry of Magic and The Parslemouths! (Freaking Ask Me To The Yule Ball, and Ecape From Azkaban)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita limerence13 said…
742. Don't think this has been said: Jo does all kind of philanthropic work. The proceeds from Quidditch Through the Ages, Fantastic Beasts, and Beedle the Bard were all donated to children's charities. She has donated MILLIONS to all different causes. What has Meyer done? Not much: link

743. Harry Potter not only uses symbolism from history, such as World War II and the Holocaust, but also has (somewhat discreet) Christian themes and undertones. What does Twilight use? Christian-especially Mormon-OVERtones that get pretty obnoxious.
Okay, this isn't a reason, but it's a message to all of you Twilighters than think Harry Potter doesn't have love in it: what part of 'she sacrificed herself to save her son' don't you get? Yes, of course Harry could have survived without love...NOT.
744. Harry Potter does not encourage obsession over a fake sparklepire or a weird shape-shifter (not the full moon!).
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita suspectnargles said…
angry
745. It only includes descriptions of characters at the beginning of the book to introduce new readers to them. Twilight bangs on about Edward's looks all the time.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita dobbyssocks said…
746.In harry potter there are no guy that go into girls rooms. And there are no girls that are ok with that in harry potter
747. Lupin vs. Jacob need i go on

748. Real men don't sparkle

749. Harry faces death because he has to, not because his girl brook up with him.

750. Harry Potter has cool twists, like how ever Narssisis (can't spell) is goodish in the end

751. LUna is independent while alice is girly

752. Most TS fan havent even read harry potter and they are trashing it. I have read it so i can trash it

753. Twilight doesn't have buckbeak

754. I don't like reading about a girl who likes to curls up into a ball and the climb into peoples labs and cry alot.

755. Midnight sun is the EXACT same thing as twilight. except different person is talking

ill go on later
Narcissa zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
756. IN twilight Rosile is vain, alice is girly, bella is, bella. There is no strong girl power

757. The fact that sirius was in the first chapter of the first book.

758. Platfrom 9 3/4 or the culluns door step.

759. Who die in twilight that actually matters.

760. NOt a fan of the stupid names that mayers came up with. the evil james. that is harry dad, i am offended

761. look bella is doing the laundry again.

762. HArry saves malfoy 2. Nothing like that happened in twilight.

763. Umbrage is the most complicated person, she not evil, but she is no where near good

764. Rensemee carlie Cullun or Albus Severus Potter u pick

765. A book isnt good when you wanna throw it out the window in to u neighbors yard (which has a big dog.

tell more later

Sorry but when? (757) zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
RyanDawnset-40 commented…
He is! Remember how at the beginning Hagrid is riding a flying motorcycle? He borrowed it from Sirius! zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Bunhead19 commented…
King's kuvuka, msalaba has a sign kusoma "Platform 9 3/4". I doub't Forks has anything like that zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
767. Harry potter has adventures, romance, comidy, mystery and more. Twilight im still workin on

768. Harry saves ginny from voldemort, edwards saves bella from someone who sparkles

789. Nice version if twilight 1 and 2: So the lion feel in love with the lamb, and then the lion left.

790. Harry stops the dementors from hurting his godfather, bella recuse edward from basically killing himself (asking voltire to die phhhhht)

791. It takes ron/hermione and harry/ginny like 6 years to get to gether, as for edward/bella more like 6 days

792. there is no Dobby in twilight

793. I dont like books that make me puke

794. every person has a reason for being there, i dont know what happen to half the people in twilight

795. in each hp book there is a different plot, twilight on the other hand...

796. if a book is as worse as twilight...nevermind there never will be

797. I wanna see if a can write a worse book than twilight. It will be hard though

798. ron leaves hermoine and she lives. Edward leaves bella and she goes and jumps off a cliff

799. Snape is the best characters ever, his was the most amazing people because he turned good for love, that is the whole point of the books.

800. the fact that we have make it this far. (200) away
i just relised i miss some so i will fill in

769. Bellatrix is a evil chick how cool.

770. I have re read the hp book to many times to count, i try to re read the twilight books, but i just couldnt

771. the only thing you here from twilight fans mouths.... he is hot

772. tonks and lupin rock

773. harry potter doesnt have bella

774. jkr made new creatures, brand new adventures, and a twist in each one

775. Edwards past times is watching someone sleep

776. Harrys pastimes is saving the world

777. IN the philosophers stone book. after fluffy, each harry ron and hermine work together to get to the stone

778. Ginny, unlike bella, can blow something up.

779. Nevvile was a goofy little boy who was basically a squib, and the he ends up destorying a horcruxs

780. all bella friends just disappear. what is that about

781. How far is twilight on there list

782. harry saves alot of lives, but also makes everyday mistakes

783. Harry Potter doesn't SPARKLE.

784. edward is to perfect

785. where are the animals in twilight, no where (unless they are being eatten), and werewolfs dont count.

786. JKR lets to good guys die too.

787. Ollivander plays a huge part in the 7th book. I never guessed that.

788. In harry potter somethings dont come right out and say, this is what happened, something are just there for you to figure out. Like when aunt petunia was talking about demeanors she meant snape not james. It doesnt tell that loud and clear, but its there.

i think thats it sorry about the opps. not were r at 200
next person it is 201
i will go on then
201. i dont judge on cuteness

202. i like the mystery behind each book

203. edward is a control freak

204. how peter( wormtail) shows remorse.

205. how love rules all

206. i can relate to hp

207. i relies there are more than looks and boyfriends in life

208. Harry Potter Quote,
Some say there is little difference between being dragged in to an arena and walking in with you head held high. But I know it makes all the difference in the world.

Twilight qoute,: cold and hard like granate

209: the chaper in twilght titled there are no words for this

210. harry is willing to let ginny go to save her, edward on the other hand...
boy am i stupid sry i ment 8 not 2
next is 811. im really sorry
676. People change in Harry Potter and that is reality- Regulus was a Death Eater but he changed his mind and started to work in bringing Voldemort down, dying while he tried to do so.

811. SM completely failed at describing the wedding. JKR nailed it.

812. See, not everyone can like Bella! She thinks she's all pathetic (personally, I agree) but everyone seems to like her. How many people hate Harry? Hmm?

811. Okay, the loyalty in Twilight is bad. Jacob leaves his pack for Bella- wow, he's really loyal. Bellatrix never left Voldemort-he was her master

812: there are more people who hate Twilight, than those who hate HP.
817. Fred and Gorge bring laughter
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita myerskid14 said…
cool
813. HP has a cat named Mrs. Norris. 'Nuff said
818. Dulmbldore is amazing
Bunhead19 commented…
Yes. HP characters are diverse in race, beliefes, personalities, looks, and even if they are gay au straight zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
hmmm
819. The characters don't say 'Oh, alright, Edward. You're sparkly and hot so I'll forgive you.'

820. Does anyone else find it amazingly awesome that Tom Riddle killed four people when he was sixteen, (Myrtle, his grandparents, and Tom Riddle senior)?

821. What would Edward do to defeat Harry? Sparkle at him?

822. Harry's Patronus could charge down Edward any day of the year.

823. A book is not good if it makes you say "What is this crap?" Which I did.

(Oh, and even if Edward is unkillable, he's not immune to Bellatrix and her Cruciatus Curse. Look at Frank and Alice Longbottom. Just saying.)
824. Severus Snape. What more is there to say? Look (read as think) about him!

825. Dolores Umbridge. She works for the MoM. She's not good, is she evil? YES.(kinda)

(Check out Gryffindor Rally Cry by Ministry of Magic!)