Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 54807 majibu

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 32801-32850 of 54807

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita TempBest said…
Night guys! *hugs*
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita zanhar1 said…
Goodnight best. ^_^

Yah heres that report I said I was typing what do you think?

The Hot Zone Independent Novel Assignment

1. Through out Richard Preston’s The Hot Zone the stereotype all diseased people are contagious is portrayed. Peter Jahrling and Tom Geisbert had come in contact with blood containing a strain of Ebola; it sent them both spiraling into a fit of paranoia they would constantly take samples of their own blood to see if they had Ebola yet. By the end of the novel neither of them had Ebola after all. The two men feared being put in ‘The Slammer’ an isolated place for those who contracted a hot agent. Nurses come in and out wearing space suits and taking blood. The Slammer is just one of the ways that the USAMRIID handled an infected person. Society as a whole wasn’t even aloud to here of the break out in the money house, for the USAMRIID feared that people would become panicked. Another example of this stereotype would be when Nancy Jaxx insisted that Ebola spreads through the air after she saw that so many monkeys where growing sick. After that no one would go near the monkeys with out a space suit. Preston’s purpose in using this stereotype in his novel is to show his readers that not all diseased people are contagious and if a person continues to assume all diseased people are contagious it can lead to panic and paranoia.
2. Richard Preston demonstrates a contemplative tone through out his novel. Monet and his friend are in Kitum cave exploring it. “Did he run his hands over the stone trees and prick his finger on a crystal?” (Preston 12.) This demonstrates a contemplative tone through detail because Preston is reflecting on the Kitum cave expedition and thinking about how Monet could’ve contracted the Ebola virus while in the cave. Monet had just crashed and bled out. Dr. Musoke was called to help Monet. “He was not wearing rubber gloves. He ran his finger over the patients’ tongue to clear the mouth of any debris, sweeping out mucus and blood.” (Preston 26.) A contemplative tone was demonstrated here through imagery because Preston is looking back at how Musoke handled the patient; with a lake of concern for his health. He analyzes this information and tries to piece together how Ebola could’ve been spared. “What exactly was the cause of death? It was hard to say because there were too many possible causes. Everything had gone wrong in this man, absolutely everything.” (Preston 28.) This demonstrates Preston’s contemplative tone through diction because he’s thinking and analyzing the possible causes of death. In saying everything and absolutely everything went wrong in this man it expands on the fact that his cause of death is hard to piece together and figure out.
3. “I came to a window and looked in. Climbing vines have grown up inside the room and pressed against the glass of the window, seeking warmth and light. Where had those vines found water in the building” (Preston 410.) Preston’s use of the elderberry vines represents the mysterious break out of the Ebola theme because much like the Ebola virus, the vines mysteriously sprung up in the room and their origin was unknown. Preston had also talked of the vines flourishing and spreading as the Ebola had once done in that very room. As well as that, Preston said that the elderberry vines usually flourish in places of ruin and that “they have no smell. That is they smell like a virus” (Preston 410.) in saying the above Preston had represented Ebola. Like the vines Ebola flourishes in a ruined or dieing body. The elderberry vines at the end of The Hot Zone represent the spread of Ebola and its mysterious origins.
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
 Goodnight best. ^_^ Yah heres that ripoti I alisema I was typing what do wewe think? The Hot Zone I
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita lucius_malloy said…
(TL;DR)
haiiii newbies :) I'm Emma, but just call me malloy or Emmy or whatever, that's what these guys do. and since it's gonna come up eventually anyway: I'm from FINLAAND<3 'tis awesome.
and I have to take the IB entrance exam and at least five nationals this year -_-
oh, and accio -- here link
Yay I'm not alone anymore \^_^/
well... hate to break it to ya, but you kind of are :D I mean, I just woke up and now I must drag myself out of bed and get dressed. -___-
Ah it's ok I actually have to go to bed XD almost midnight where I live.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Gred_and_Forge said…
Hello?
heyy :D
y'know, if someone read my notes for my fic, they'd be very confused :D it basically says "L and J announce the ball to the students. yays! more inappropriate closeness ;;;) ooft.!"
Now I'm lost. Link for fanfic? x]
haha exactly :D but here link
I've been working on the eighth chapter for a while... two months... no big deal.
I'm gonna bookmark it to read it later :p

I'm hungry D;

I'll be back later. Bye! :]
bye :D lol I have to get to school anyway
Aw! Bye! I'll just sit and twiddle my thumbs til someone comes back x]
lol somehow I think that physics lessons and compasses weren't exactly made for picking at scabs and/or cuticles... too bad.
Scabs? Ew? x]

Meh, I'm exhausted :[ I'll be back tomorrow. Good night!
night :)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita GemonkDruid said…
Newblets! *glomp*
WTF DOES GLOMP EVEN MEAN?
Good morning -.- I am so tired.
lol morning :D generally tiredness can be evaded by going to bed earlier ;)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita MrsPadfoot said…
Hello!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Ms_Mea said…
Top of the mornin' to yah! :)
XD and it can help if you don't have to wake up at like 5 am to get ready for school.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita MrsPadfoot said…
^^true. I get up at 5:50. And leave 7:15. Gahh.
really? I get up at 6:30 and leave around 7:20 :D
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita MissKnowItAll said…
smile
Hey...can you guys do me a favour? Pwetty please?
Please?
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Italktosnakes said…
Depends what :) x
smile
Well...I'm applying for prefect at my school, and I was wondering if you guys would mind reading over my application letter and giving me some feedback.

Please?
Sure :D x
OK, here it is:

Dear Ms Bailey,
RE: Application for prefect status
Please accept this letter as my formal application to be a school prefect. I have the skills and enthusiasm to be an excellent prefect. I believe that the role of prefect is very important, and one I would like to have. In this letter, I will explain why I feel I am good for this position.
Firstly, I have consistently high standards in my academic work. I undertook my Core Science GCSE one year early, and came out with two A* grades (100% in core biology) and one A. I also received an A* in my German speaking and writing tests, with an overall grade of A. To continue this string of high grades, I try my hardest in all my work.
In addition to this, I have been awarded many certificates and postcards home in my time here. These include Science postcards and History certificates.
Secondly, I have kept a 100% attendance for my entire time at [myschool]. Even though I do not fall ill easily, I believe the main reason for this high percentage is my determination to not fall short of my goals. Having 100% is very important to me, and not something I would give up easily. In fact, the last day off was one in my final year of Primary school. I also have no late marks, which shows my punctuality. This would be very important for a prefect to have.
Furthermore, I believe I am a good role model. I always take care with my uniform, as I like it to be impeccable, and I have no problems with standing up for a cause I believe in. Despite being a very shy student in my first few years here, recently I have found that I possess good public speaking skills. I also believe I would be a good leader- I know how to rally support for an event or purpose and have good social skills.
Also, I have never had a negative house point. This is another thing I am quite proud of, and I think it is good for a prefect to have a record like this. Part of this is because I always meet deadlines. My homework is always handed in on time, and done to a good standard as well. As a prefect, I would do the same. I have never had a detention.
In addition, I have represented the school at many events. I have helped out at every Open evening since I joined the school, and have gone on other trips. These include two science trips to Holy Cross in Year 8, and a trip to Bury College as part of their ‘Mentoring for excellence’ program.
Finally, I have a wide range of extra-curricular activities. These include the (now inactive) science and astronomy clubs, international art club, history club, debate club, school newspaper team and the politics club when it was ran last academic year. I also participated in the iDesign contest, in which my team placed in the top few, and the Bolton Book Awards in year 8. Up until June this year, I also helped out regularly with the local Liberal Democrat team. However, I quit on point of principle, as I didn’t agree with the new government.
In conclusion, I believe I would be a great prefect. I think that, with all my achievements, I could do a really good job.
Yours sincerely,
Zoe [mylastname]

sounds really good, Miss :)
and you sound like Hermione :D in the best way, of course
Everyone says that. XD Thanks. :)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Ms_Mea said…
lol sounding like Hermione in any way is a good thing cuzzle XD
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita GemonkDruid said…
Hai!

Bai!
@Mea: Yep. :p Hermione's awesome.

@GD: Hello. Goodbye.
lol and hey speaking of writing stuff, I might get to stay home tonorrow (I think I managed to convince my mum that I'm sick) so I'm gonna try my bestest to finish chapter 8 of my fic, finally :D
Yay! Good luck with that, I've had such bad writer's block recently. I have loads of ideas, but I can't get them out.
lol I've had writer's block ever since chapter 7 (which was in december... :S) but I'm gonna force it out now.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita AllyAM said…
big smile
Hola! Sooo, whats going down in Harry town right now?
(Imma dork :P)
Awesome. :) I've had writers block on my Draco/Luna story on FF.Net for so long now it's a sin. People will have given up by now, I'm sure...

I'm not going to say exactly how long, though, because it is embarassingly long.
Just make sure it's awesome :D
You have loads of competition for my favourite LJ pic-they're all so good >.< x
lol don't worry about it Ally, we all are ;)
Miss -- go on :D I'm pretty sure I've heard worse, whatever it is :D and anyway, I can just go check it out if you don't tell :P

Updated info: I am staying home tomorrow (Y) mum doesn't sound too convinced... but due to lucky schedules and special circumstances, I'd only have one lesson anyway. (and I was planning on accidentally-on-purpose sleeping in if she said no, so... :D)
Wow Miss-you should definitely be a prefect. For shizzle :) x
It's last day tomorrow :D x
Thanks Accio. I am awesome, aren't I?

My last day is on friday. :( I'm trying to avoid thinking about it, because then tomorrow and friday will last forever.
what, last day ever? the lukio third-years are leaving tomorrow in my school, but that's it...
then it's half-term next week... is that what you're on about?
tongue
Yeah. It's really late this year for some reason.
Tomorrow will be a total doss, I have double English, so I'll be in the 6th form centre. Then I have Drama, Physics and Biology. Doss or what?! x