Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 54807 majibu

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 3451-3500 of 54807

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LoveforSeverus said…
^As long and you'll post a pic of your weird outfit, go for it!!!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita souflizzle317 said…
@lucius, I've been on summer vacation for about a month too :) When did you get out? I finished the 11th (of June), possibly the earliest any Vermont school has ever finished before haha :)

@Accio, I have *seven* hours of school :( Start at 8, get out at 3...School in any form is painful :P Oh, and I like your idea about the wizard dressing as a Muggle thing, tis creative :)

This is really random, but does anyone else see the difference between liking education and liking school? Because none of my friends seem to get how I can love learning and want a really good education, but I *hate* school. Am I the only one who gets the difference???
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Accio_Pandorica said…
smile
I kinda get you flizzle (I'm calling you that from now on, whether you like it or not >.<). Like you hate going there and stuff...but you do want to get the A* and stuffs. Is that right, or have I completely lost the plot? x

Also, can someone go onto the leaky cauldron website and tell me if its working. Its just that, for some reason its not working AT ALL on my computer... x
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita mooimafish17 said…
laugh
^^ nono, I get the idea of loving learning things but hate some of my teachers
smile
Yeah, I guess thinking about it, that makes more sense. I HATE most of my teachers though, cause they all judge me based on my older brother, its horrible :/ x
@Accio, you were closer the first time...It's not really the teachers, it's more the concept of having to get up early and go to this place where you have to take all the most random classes (like, I wouldn't mind if we got to choose *all* our classes, because I would totally drop a few of the "required" ones and just take the interesting ones) and you have to do homework (I *hate* homework with a passion) and parts of it you know are just so unnecessary for what you're going to do with your life.

BUT, I like learning about things I'm interested in, and I want a good education (my goal is Harvard haha). It's just all the uninteresting things, and the concept of "school" that I hate. Did that make any sense at all to anyone?

oh, and Accio, I like flizzle, it's kinda awesome :)
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DracoLuver said…
Woow, I've been gone for a while. Anyway, Happy late 4th of July! I went to see a fireworks show and whenever the red fireworks would shoot up, i'd scream "I need to go save Fluer and warn Harry!" .. My mom got reaaly mad at me. (:

^ My science teacher said that she wanted to be a cyclops so she could burn us all. :| ... I hate some of my teachers too!
RANDOM QUESTION ALERT:

@absolutely everyone :) 2 questions: 1, what subjects are the most interesting to you? 2, what subjects can you already tell (no matter how old you are) are completely unnecessary for what you want to do for a living?

For me, I love English and Math and French (my language elective) and depending on what we're studying, I really like Social Studies because I'm really interested in certain parts of history :)

On the other hand, I can't stand science. It's kinda interesting sometimes, but if I ever have a career where I need to know the stuff we learn in science in school, I will eat a llama. That's how sure I am that I will never need science in my life (that's my personal life, I know other people, like my friend who wants to be a doctor, need it).
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita FredWRules said…
I think some of the things we learn in maths are unnecessary- I've actually asked my maths teacher when will we need the in real life, and all he could say is that we need it for some of our uni studies...
angry
Gaaaahhhhh!!!! Everywhere I bloody go, there's fucking old people!!! I'm going fucking INSANE!!!!!!!
/rant over.
Sorry about the language, but I tried to edit it a little bit... >:(
Science!!!! I love science!!!
And Social Studies and most math stuff I won't need. But I do enjoy SS.
^ Haha I feel like you said the exact opposite as me, even though it wasn't *that* opposite...I don't know, it felt like it haha :) What do you want to do then, if you love science but won't need SS or most math?

I want to either do some kind of writing (either fictional or maybe journalist stuff) or get a law degree...I mean I know lawyers get a really bad rep, but you get *paid* to argue and I not only *loveeee* to argue, I never give in to an argument so...I don't know :) I should probably stop worrying so much about what I'll be doing in 10 years and focus more on the 2 books and essays I have to finish by the time school starts in a month and a half...
I'll need math but I hate it... I want to be an Equine (horse) Vet.

But at one point I wanted to be an Astrophysicist.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita hogwarts62442 said…
I'm gone for 3 days, and you guys add 6 pages? Amazing.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Guin90 said…
big smile
Well I'm doing a double degree science/arts so I really have a combination of everything. I want to be a forensic archeaologist - so for arts I have a major in ancient history and a science major in biomedical science (I'm only in my first year so these will become more specific in the next few years) I'm also taking minors in screenwriting and novel writing, as well as literature, and human evolution.

At high school my favourite subjects were biology and history, and although I didn't have to do a maths elective, I, for some insane reason, chose maths methods (for those who don't know this is the second hardest maths you can do) which I absolutely hated, and was so bloody boring.

Sorry for the extra long post but I'm extraordinarily bored and it's very difficult to explain what I'm doing :D
laugh
I'm doing my a-levels, which I'm doing chemistry, psychology and drama. I'll be honest I love them all, even though I suck at chem lol. All I want to do is act, so drama is the one I wanna do at uni. Psychology is usefull for drama but chem does not help - is fun thou and all unis want 3 alevels.
this is so funny, and so true
smile
I took Triple science, French, and Drama.
I'm not sure what I want to be yet, so I took TS cause uni peoples are interested in that kind of thing.
I took French because...well, in honesty the main reason I took it was so I could read HP in French/ it was either that or Geography so...
And I took Drama was because I had a spare space so I thought I should just take one that I enjoy :) x
I think the most pointless lesson is Maths. I know some of the things are good for later life or whatever, but since when will
'5x=r+2s(2/3z)+z'
Help me in later life tbqh?? x
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Habbi said…
kiss
I love twilight it's the best ever_
@accio_pandorica - It could help you if you wanted to do physics or architecture or something like that...or archeaology like me :(...but seriously they make whack-do calculators for a reason why not just use them???
@Twilight person
Umm...good for you. However if you can read (which You obviously must not) this is '1000 reasons why harry potter is better than twilight'. So unless you can give a reason why harry potter is better than twilight, or at least debate the reasons we've mentioned maybe you should leave...have a nice day now ^_^ x

@Guin Thats kinda what I mean. Mrs MacIntyre (Or Big Mac as she is more commonly known) says that we always have to use our 'noggins'. HOW ON THIS EARTH am I supposed to figure that out in my 'noggin'...:/ x

^ That's why there's a 1000 reasons why twilight is better than Harry Potter. Please put your opinion there (no disrespect intended.)
Haha Big Mac...we used to call our principal Ronald McDonald...if i could be bothered id probably figure it out in about 15 minutes...or 30 seconds on a calculator...as long as you know how to use the calculator, what's the point in learning by hand??

and who uses the word 'noggin' these days?? :D
smile
I call my headmaster tyrant (sp?)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita lucius_malloy said…
I call my headmaster by his name? :D
and anyway, subjects that will prove useless... maths. physics. biology. drama. re. subjects I like... english. finnish. swedish. french. geography. home ec. history.
and anyway, since y'all were going on about electives and so forth, I might as well explain our system... so. basically, every day has a different schedule, so not all days start and end at the same time. there's generally 28-32 lessons per week, and most of them are compulsory... then, in addition, you get to choose for electives for grades eight and nine (or three if one of them is a language). last year, I really wanted to do german, but not enough people actually wanted to, so no cigar... in the end, I had home ec (basic), economics, drama and creative writing (economics was pure torture, might I add... I only took it because we were supposed to get our homeroom teacher (who's a really funny guy) but instead we got an estonian version of umbridge). next year I have home ec (basic), home ec (baking), law ed and creative writing... I wanted drama again (it's useless but fun :D) but, again, not enough people wanted it. so damn.

and also, who was it who asked when I got out? flizzle? cos I think it was the 5th of june.

yes, I know you all care about how the finnish school system works.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita venvargie said…
"I love twilight it's the best ever_"

We've got over 2000 pieces of evidence to prove you're wrong.
Where is YOUR evidence.
Give us some and we might take you seriously.
If not..
kthxbai.
big smile
^^ lol

I'm in Wales right now- looking at unis :)

this one looks like hogwarts :)
OMG YOU TOTALLY HAVE TO GO THERE!!!!!!!! (sorry, caps rape!)
laugh
hehe - I do think it's kinda perfect
GO THERE!
@moo, Hogwarts??? Really??? You should go there :)

Is there something wrong with the fact that I'm 4 years away from going to college (or university, I think you call it in Europe) and I already know which one I desperately want to go to?
nothing wrong with that, flizzle :) though all I know is that I'm going far away from here. possibly to australia or the uk.

by the way, remember how someone (sev?) said that some librarian said HP was totally copied from LoTR? well, I just read the fellowship of the ring, keeping an eye out for similarites, and these are the only ones I could find:
- sauron and voldemort are both referred to as the dark lord, but sauron is also him who we do not name and voldemort's you know who or he who must not be named.
- the elves cloaks from lothlórien are kinda like the invisibility cloak, but they only camouflage (sp?).
- galadriels mirror is a bit like he pensieve in that it is (in) a shallow silver basin with runes on the sides, but the purposes are different.
Ok then, someone has a good memory... O.o
laugh
@lucius_malloy come to aus...we rock, and, not to sound boastful or anything we have some of the best uni's in the world!!:D

@moo - you should so totally go there - it'd be totally wicked:D
I'll try to get my parents to agree to it :) it sounds awesome, though.
smile
Londons great to lol - or come hogwarts with me :)
*raises hand* I WANNA GO TO HOGWARTS!
big smile
I am :D (if I get in lol)
Haha :D Don't we all...
^^ What's the universite's name? I think i'm gonna change my mind about going to USC.
^^^^ It was me who was talking about that stupid librarian. I haven't read LOTR yet. Would you say that you enjoyed it more then Harry Potter?

I think you guys were talking about favorite subjects. I'm good at English, but i have to get my science and math grades up since i wanna be a doctor. And i also like woodshop, it's really fun. (: .. I'm not a huge fan of history. I do like learning about the past and how people dealt with their problems, but it's also really biased. If there's a war or something, in American history they'd make us look like heroes who want peace, and in the other country, they'd show us as villians. That's the only thing that bugs me.
And i forgot, what reason are we on? I feel like im slacking off. And i got soo mad. This one lady at the library gave me a lecture of how HP posters have sumbliminal messages, and how it's related to the devil and i should be good and not read it anymore. UGH! It's the compete opposite!
I'm also mad at Twilight fans. READ HARRY POTTER. IT'S NOT GONNA KILL YOU! THEN FREAKING REPLY!

Sorry for the rant. Had to let it out. >.<
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita lee-jo said…
im new but wanted to ask a question

Does anybody wonder if th only reason twilight's last movie is gonna be in two parts b/c harry potter and the deathly hallows is gonna be in two parts? I mean HP's movies was obviously planned before twilight.
oh btw i despise twilight and am surrounded by friends that "love" it.
^ Welcome! Hm, i think that may be a reason. Twilight doesn't need two movies. It doesn't have enough information. >.> Half of my friends lovee Twilight too, and i'm getting dragged to Ecplise tomorrow.:|
big smile
I want to go to ecilpse (haha I'm on my mums iPhone and as I as typing eclipse it suggested evil XD) just to laugh my head off and annoy people around me by making small comments to my friends. Haha I only have one friend who's a twilighter, and she also LOVES Harry Potter. She was one of the friends who forced me into reading HP :)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita venvargie said…
I'M TOO LAZY TO LOOK.
Also too busy jammin' out to some Death Note songs my friend put in my mp3 8D.
What are we talking about?
big smile
I'VE BEEN A HARRY POTTER FAN FOR A WHOLE YEAR! TODAY.
I'm not sure anymore.

gaaahhh I'm on this totally ancient computer (it doesn't have a wireless connection for crying out loud) in adelaide airport and the computer only has internet explorer, and the version it has hasn't been upgraded for so long that it can't even have TABS!!!! this is insane!!!!!

adelaide has too many old people.
*highfives LFS*
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita PaddleU said…
I don't know what we left off at so I'm guessing 104
104. Harry Potter has reality and twilight can't let anyone have flaws.
105. Pretty Much anyone who reads twilight can't spell.
106. check out mylifeistwilight.com it proves twi hards are idiots.
107. Cedric Diggory is Edward Cullen so people should love Cedric just as much (I hate Wormtail for killing him so he could come back as a vampire.)
108. In Harry Potter, people don't get married at 18 and have a child. (One of my friends did that)
109. 3 years ago, vampires would turn to ashes in the sun, not sparkle like a gay fairy.
110.Fenrir Greyback could kick Jacob Black's @$$.
 I don't know what we left off at so I'm guessing 104 104. Harry Potter has reality and twilight can'
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita PaddleU said…
big smile
and
111. Harry Potter has an epic theme park, and Twilight doesn't even have a theme park.
^We're actually closer to 2600.