Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 54807 majibu

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 4001-4050 of 54807

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita TheQuibbler said…
Just a random question for everyone: What's something unusual/scary that's happen to you?
I've almost been struck by lightning, and I've seen a ghost.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita venvargie said…
Hmmm, a lot of scary shit has happened to me. (nothing really unusual per-say)

One time I went outside to give my sister something and 20 cops rushed into my house and hand-cuffed my dad.

I was like 10 or 11. Scary shit man. ._. I hate my dad but still, scares the crap out of you to see 20 fucking' cops rush into your house.

Since then I panic when I'm around the police. (like I did when they came here last night)
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita GemonkDruid said…
Nothing much... my so-called life is booooring.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita FredWRules said…
hmmm
my sister almost got hit by a car last year. and it would've been really bad, because the car was speeding. and there's this ad here in Australia about speeding, and it has this song "Pictures of you" by the cure and she was listening to that as she started to cross the road. it was really scary :(

@ven, why did they go to your house last night?
Oh, some bs about my sister.

They were pissy because I cussed a lady out on the phone when she didn't tell me where my sister was. (she had gone missing, apparently. She wasn't at daycamp.) xD
ooh. are you ok?
angry
Yeah I'm fine xD

My sister is just acting out and being a total little bitch.
poor you *hugs*
does your sister spend around about an hour deciding wether to wear the checkered shirt or the other checkered shirt? coz I had to endure that today. not fun.
No, but she sreams and yells and acts out ALL. THE TIME.

Throws fits when she doesn't get her way. NEVER thinks she acts out even IF YOU GIVE EXAMPLES.

And she's 11 btw. -_-
big smile
ahhh, my sister is 15. which is sucky. but she isn't completely stereotypical, but then again, none of my family is...

we all dislike modern music (like hip hop and pop and stuff... they make my ears burn), but we all love rock and nirvana and spiderbait and stuff like that... it's really awesome being different.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LoveforSeverus said…
Well I'll answer my own question of music
All-American Rejects
Green Day
Cute Is What We Aim For
Boys Like Girls
Muse
Fall Out Boy
Panic! At The Disco
The Academy Is...
All Time Low
Forever The Sickest Kids
Good Charlotte
Hey Monday
The Maine
My Chemical Romance
Mayday Parade
The Ready Set
3OH!3
Cobra Starship
Ministry of Magic
Metro Station
The Fray
Augustana
Bowling For Soup
Blue October
Friday Night Boys
Gym Class Heroes
Hit The Lights
The Lonely Island
Owl City
Paramore (before the Twilight takeover)
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
School Boy Humor
We The Kings
The White Tie Affair

although, as Monk knows, Fall Out Boy is my all time favorite and I'd like to marry their lead singer. That's him
 Well I'll answer my own swali of muziki All-American Rejects Green siku Cute Is What We Aim For Boys
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita TheQuibbler said…
zzz
do you guys want to hear about the ghost or lightning?

I AM SO FREAKING TIRED!
^^ @lfs holy shit!!! that's a lot of music!!!!

@thequibbler you can tell us both stories when you're rested, coz otherwise you might do something terrible in your sleep-deprived state. like read twilight. and that would just be wrong.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita souflizzle317 said…
@LoveforSev, your music taste sounds pretty much exactly like mine haha :)

@Quibb, you asked about unusual/scary stuff that happened and I already told this story a while ago but I'll tell it again :) So I was staying with my aunt in her tinyyy apartment in NYC just a few months ago in February and so I was sleeping on the foldout couch in the living room (when folded out, it actually takes up the entire living room haha). And then I wake up when I hear this insanely loud door slamming and it was in the middle of the night so I was really groggy but I finally opened my eyes and standing in the doorway from the kitchen to the living room (so like 5 feet away from me) was the shadow of this reallllllly tall guy, who was clearly not my aunt because she's even shorter than I am. So I didn't move because I thought he was a burglar and if he knew that I was awake and could testify against him if I needed to, he could pull out a gun and kill me. So I just lay there and hoped he would just take the TV or whatever and LEAVE (meanwhile my heart is beating about 249572 miles per hour). Then after a few minutes, he starts to take off his clothes. This when I think "HOLY SHIT HE'S GOING TO RAPE ME!" but I keep lying there because I still don't know if he's going to kill me if I flip out. Anyway then, once he's naked, he lifted up the comforter at the bottom of the bed and starts to climb in head first. So I backed away and jumped out of the bed at the top and moved the three feet to my aunt's bedroom and I was like "Jenny, there's someone in the bed" and she got up immediately and turned on the light and was like "Oh my god, get out of my apartment!" but he just pulled the comforter over his head and passed out. So she called the police and they came to get him. And it turns out he was just veryyyyy drunk and my aunt had forgotten to lock her door that night (she usually does) and so he had just walked in. But before I knew that, I legitimately thought he was going to kill or rape me, and now I have problems sleeping and I'm going to a therapist :( I hate traumatic situations...

Yes, tell us about the lightning! But put a warning just before the ghost story, because, I'm sorry, I don't really want to read it...It's nothing against the story, I'm sure it's exciting, it's just that I'm paranoid enough already and ghost stories make me go crazy and I have to take drugs just to sleep :P Don't hate me! I still wanna hear about the lightning :)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita mooimafish17 said…
worried
oh hunny you poor thing that sound horried - it worked out okay thou, and your okay now? *ehug
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita lucius_malloy said…
:( you okay now, flizzie? *e-hugz*
oh btw do you want to hear that poem? :O
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Hollamonm said…
Well, I know that there are a ton of reasons now... but just in case...
???: Harry Potter's very first chapter made me want to read on. I couldn't make it past page 2 of Twilight and I choked through page 1.
???: Harry Potter is the first series to actually make me cry EVER for any character. The only other time I cried bitch tears like that was in two anime; Goodbye Pikachu (original pokemon anime) when I was 7, and Code Geass at the end when something horribly sad happens. No other media has ever made me do that...
???: Harry Potter was so good that I read the Seventh book faster than I read any of the other books, including the sixth book which took me a week to read during my vacation last year (a lot of riding in the car).
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Hollamonm said…
Also for those of you who love real literature check out this series;
The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel
Books in order;
The Alchemyst (2007)
The Magician (2008)
The Sorceress (2009)
The Necromancer (2010)
The Warlock (2011)
The Enchantress (2012)
Excellent series, and makes mythology modern.
aww thanks guys *ehugs back* yeah, I'm okay (ish) now but hopefully I'll be even better after therapy :P

lucius, what poem?? did you ever mention a poem? If you did, I'm sorry I fail at noticing things sometimes...but yes yes yes we want to see it!!
Gah, if there was ever a time I was grateful for HP it's now. -.-;
Oh, has anyone read that series that's like Magyk and Flyte or something? I don't remember all the titles but I'm pretty sure the first one is Magyk...I tried to start it twice, and both times I couldn't get past like the fifth page but if someone's read it and says it gets really good maybe I'll try it again...
hollamonm, I love that series :D and flizzie, yeah, it's magyk, flyte, then I think physik? I read the first two, and they were okay, but that's pretty much it.
and the poem... I'm pretty sure I mentioned it, but whatever :D so we had to write a affirmation/negation poem for English a while back... it's kinda pessimistic, but I like it.
no such thing

if something were to happen to me
would it prove to you
that there's no such thing as safety?

if something were to happen to you
it would prove to me
that there's no such thing as hope.

when something does happen to me
it will prove to you
that there's no such thing as victory.

something will happen to us
and it will prove to you
that there's no such thing as love.

if there was such a thing as safety
would it not show itself,
not hide in the shadows?

there can't be such a thing as hope
for no one has ever shown it
it remains forever veiled.

there can never be such a thing as victory
though the defeat might
masquerade as it.

and there is no such thing as love
for society has doomed itself
and killed all on love's battlefield.
smile
^^ that's great - I really like that
thanks :) I only got a 9+ (the scale's 4-10) for it because 'it's rather *bleak* in outlook'.

well, so? isn't all poetry usually really negative? :P
Oh my god...

EW

i just saw an ad for Twilight up there and it said "Which one of the pack imprints on you? Click here to find out!" OMG EW!!!! DX
^^ not all - some is sweet or very funny
@lucius, ignore your teacher, that was a really good poem!!
thanks, flizzie :)
and ven, really? oh god. where is the world going? (if my dad were here, he'd point to a random direction and say, 'there' :P) but hey- we're changing the world, one convert at a time, right? :D like my neighbours want me to babysit their kids and said they would certainly not mind if I were to read HP to them :P
^ I know right?
I keep getting ads for Twilight bull shit "Twilight quiz: Who's the hottest Twilight Dude? A. Edward B. Jacob!?" Who's your Twilight guy? x.x *stabs ads*
^ Haha, it's second nature to me to ignore all ads, so I don't really notice them...I *hated* when the background of this forum was New Moon a little while back though, does anyone else remember that?
oh I just have this one really annoying one (it's everywhere, seriously). it says, oletko vampyyri? (are you a vampire?) and whenever your mouse touches it it makes this roaring noise.
RUMBLEROAR!
^^ no - I don't remember that
@moo, really? it was this really annoying new moon background which was actually mostly just black but it made everyone on the forum (I remember we discussed it) feel all emo...which is basically the point of the book. But it was so annoying, and it was there for a few weeks before it finally went away
must have been before my time :P
tongue
i use my iPhone a lot and you don't see backgrounds on that - maybe that's what it is!
you don't? I see everything normally on my iPod...
meh
really - I notice differences from when I log onto a computer
okay, that's weird... they should totally make an app for fanpop :D
hmmm
they so should!!!!
haha this just proves apple's statement false :D 'there's an app for that' 'NO THERE FUCKING ISN'T!'
^^ omg your right!!!
WE SHOULD SUE!!!!
TOTALLY!
angry
Reasons against Twilight:
It ruined this peace of poetry for me: (Printed in the front of the Eclipse book)

"Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice."

Robert Frost
we're all woman here so i thought i would share this..................
 we're all woman here so i thought i would share this..................
WHAT. THE. HELL?!?

oh and by the way guess what? I finally found a confirmation dress *huge sigh of relief* :D
^^ ohoh - post a pic.............pwetty plz :)
ok ok :D it might take a sec though, it's still on (in?) my phone... where the hell is that cable?
big smile
gotta go- good night! try not to add too many pages while I'm sleeping!!!!
big smile
ok, here it is :D
 ok, here it is :D