Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter dhidi ya Twilight 54807 majibu

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 401-450 of 54807

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita afi_slytherin said…
1045. Harry Potter wasn't written in two days. It took her some EFFORT, which SMeyer DOES NOT give.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LilysLittleTwin said…
1046. Alice is bubbly? Let's see: Tonks, Fred, George, James, Sirius, etc.

I thought I posted something but it's not showing up for me. i'll post it again:

1047. The only original thing in Twilight is Mary Sue + Gary Stu = Demon Child. Well done Meyer. *Claps sarcastically*

Also, I don't have anything against naming books after times of day and moon phases, but it's like...ugh. They have nothing to do with the plots. Although that's partly due to the fact that there are barely plots to begin with. Let me explain using HP as an example and please don't stop reading this just because it's long.
Twilight = GoF: Voldemort represents the night, soon, the world will be plunged into darkness in his reign of terror.
New Moon = PoA: Sirius gets a 'New' chance at being a godfather.
Eclipse = SS/PS: Harry's life won't ever be the same, darkness is coming. (could also work as GoF)
Breaking Dawn = obviously DH: The world opens up into light again as Voldemort is killed.
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita dobbyssocks said…
1048. hp is siting in a place of honor in my room, twlight is somewhere under my bed
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DracoLove777 said…
laugh
SAME HERE!!!!! I used to love Twilight then I started to read New Moon and was like bleh so now it's sitting under my bed and hasn't come out since like a year ago.
If you rate them, (no, i didn't say 'rape them') You'll see that they have gotten steadily worse since Twilight.

Twilight 1-10: 4, could have used action, terrible grammar, and lacking true love, but essentially good plot.

Twilight 2: Electric Boogaloo (I mean New Moon) 1-10: 3, I can't descibe how awful it is.

Eclipse (or, 'I Can't Marry You Because Everyone Will Think I'm Slutty, We Must Make Love First') 1-10: 4, from the parodies that I've seen, it looks pretty bad.

Breaking Dumb (or, 'Holy Imprint, Batman!') 1-10: from what I've heard, 1/2. No battle, 'imprinting' (whatever the hell that is), etc.
Potterrocks112 commented…
Electric Boogaloo (LMAO :D) zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita XDRoseLuvsHP said…
I think Eclipse should be lower. On a scale of 1-10, I'd say 3 at best. The 'plot' is completely forgotten except for the very end of the book. After this 'battle' (which is, once again, 'too blurred to see') Edward is completely unscathed. That's no fun. Of course, Bella hides behind him doing nothing except cut herself, which makes no sense. The rest of the time is just Bella leading Jacob on, kissing him, and dumping him like trash the next day, breaking his heart. The only 'plot' is 'Alice is throwing a graduation party for me, but I don't want one! Oh, it's the end of the world!'
Thanks, Rose, I'll change that......there! It's a 2 because that sounds worse than a three. (How did you like Twilight 2: Electric Boogaloo?) I think my subtitles were fitting though.

1449. Only Bella knows sparkly=vampire. Wouldn't everyone in Volterra just think he was gay?

1450. Did anyone else notice that Bella ditched her job around New Moon? She just stopped.(I think)

1451. Does anyone else find it weird that Edward was able to compose a whole symphony for Bella even though he met her like a month ago? Oh, that's right, HE'S A GARY-STU.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita snapeislove said…
mischievous
(the numbering stuff made me crazy, i'll just enumerate them)

1: how can jacob and the rest be called as "werewolves" if they can transform whenever they want to? werewolves are connected with full moon right? maybe meyer have read stuffs about rowling's 'animagus' haha..

2: the only nice *sighs* stuff about it is the love story, but it was delivered through the most boring way i've ever seen.

3: harry potter (books) have severus snape .. *blushes*

4: in new moon movie, you'll see vamp's abilities that works the same as crucio and legilimens.

5: every bella and edward scene is like the last day they'll be together, its full of i love you's , i'll protect you's and your my life's.. pathetic.

6: bella swan is nothing but a weak human who hides in edward's pants, and ginny and herm is way too independent than her ..

7: harry potter has its own bella too, bellatrix lestrange, and duhh, she is better..

8: twilight whatevers is a STORY. harry potter is a WORLD..

9: there's nothing exciting 'bout the characters, its all blood suckers and dogs, (we all know that the history have many story about that.) but, before harry potter, no one knows about the mirror of erised, portkeys, floo powder, crying mandrakes, quidditch, skiving snack boxes, etc, which concludes it all: rowling is CREATIVE, original, and highly imaginative.. meyer is nothing but a hopeless-romantic ..
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LoveDraco123 said…
cool
LilysLittleTwin, I'm gonna have to disagree with your ratings. But only with the second and third books...
The second one, at least I think so, was actually sort of good considering that there was real friendship in it and a nice, cheery character (yes, I mean Jacob.) The wolf pack was really fun-I liked the middle of the book a lot except SM kept putting Bella's emo-ness into it. Otherwise, it wasn't that good a book. So, Number 2, I would say 5 because I liked half of it.
And Eclipse was, I think, the best out of all of them. Sure, it lacked a plot and the romance was extremely gooey and all, but there was a lot more going on and it was interesting to read, actually. And I liked the tent scene but maybe a lot of people will disagree with me because, I, well, I like Jacob a lot. And Taylor. =D But otherwise, the book wasn't that good either. So I would say 6 for Eclipse.
And oh, I disagree with Twilight too. Maybe because there was practically no action in it and stuff- (not to mention hardly any Jacob) so... I would say a 3. Hehe. And well, Breaking Dawn- yeah, it deserves a 0.5.
Ciao! =]
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita mdluvsjb said…
1460. Hp is about selfless sacrifice.
Harry's mom gave up her life just to let his little boy live.

1462. Hp is about true friendship, honesty, and true love.
The forever support and backing up that Harry's friends gave him are no match to anything else. They're always ready to lend a helping hand, to be forever honest to one another.

1463. Hp is about conquering evil.
This is way too obvious. Of course, defeating Voldemort was one. But there's much more to it. Like when Snape hates Harry for he was James' son, he forgets about that and just focuses on what is good. That he has to protect Harry for he sort of promised Lilly.

1464. It was about fulfilling promises.
The Snape thing is another example. Another one is Dumbledore and Harry in Voldemort's cave, when they're trying to find the locket Horcrux, and Dumbledore has to drink the water. Harry doesn't want to hurt him by forcing him to drink, but he promised before that...

1465. HP touched not only my heart but lots and lots and lots of people too.

1466. It's simply amazing.

1467. OMG! As I'm writing another number, makes me think another one. That just proves how Harry Potter is really great.
1468. It's not just better than Twilight, it's better than most literary pieces ever written.
big smile
I love it how this post is so well organized. :) Unlike the other supposed to be matching one. (jkjk}, I guess that's another point right? :D Maybe a thing influenced by HP characters teamwork, and stuff... :)

Would we count that as 1469? :D
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita LoveDraco123 said…
cool
WAIT! HOW THE HELL DID WE MANAGE TO GET TO 1469?! I think you mean 1069. Come on, be fair guys. =P Hahaha.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita peaceoutsuckaz said…
wink
1070. HP is an emotional version of the Superman coaster at Six Flags.
Twilight is an emotional version of a kiddie ride.
I thought they were all really funny, LilysLittleTwin :) I liked the Eclipse one XD

1071. The Cullens are cowards. They let evil prevail at the end of BD because they knew they didn't have a guarenteed 100% chance of winning... they might actually have to sacrifice. So, they selfishly let the Volturi continue. Harry Potter and his friends made so much sacrifice to stop evil, I think that they are all very brave and quite selfless in many ways.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Mrs-Grint said…
OH MY GIDDY GOD'S PYJAMAS! We're in the thousands??

SACRE MERDE!!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita PirateNinja3815 said…
big smile
YAY!!!

How many do Twilight-fans have? I'd be shocked if it was over 100 reasons.

LoveDraco I'll change that then... there. but you have to comprimise with the people that hate all of them and back up this:HP>Wizard of Oz>poop>Twilight, like me. I think that the Twilighters have around six reasons that were all proven wrong, right Mrs-Grint?

1072. When Ron was shouting 'HERMIONE! HERMIONE!' in DH, I wanted to tell him to shut the hell up, but at the same time, I found it very sweet. That's what a romance story is supposed to do. It's supposed to have annoying yet endearing characters and Bella is just annoying.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita afi_slytherin said…
laugh
1072. Edward sucks so bad even Robert Pattinson is on Team Jacob.
1073. Dumbledore is gay. That was really good of JKR :)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DracoFanGirl said…
heart
1074: I felt bad for Severus when Harry was in the Penseive. Moony, Prongs, Padfoot, and Wormtail messing with him was jsut not fair. They're more dangerous than the Volutri!

1075:Draco vs Edward: Accio Freak! Crucio! -snigger- Avada Kedavra!

1076:My favorite band's Ministry of Magic

1077: It took one page of Twilight to figure I didn't like it

1078:Now, HP doesn't ruin bands' careers. It starts them. (Yes, i'm talking about Ministry of Magic and The Parselmouths)

1079: Shape-shifters? Oh, you mean Animgi! Yeah, the ones from HP?

1080:Does Twilight have an awesome puppet show? i think not!
1081:The Dark Side: They have sparkly vampires. We have Draco.

1082:The fact that Draco has won my support because he's awesome, evil, a Slytherin, *coughhawt*, and his personality's jsut AWESOME
1083: We can actually support our reasons.
1084: WE have good support for our reasons
so sorry about the numbering. just continued the last number. i didn't see the previous ones.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita jedi145 said…
Snape is a reason on his own
Draco , the Wesley twins all hotter, more rounded, much better characters than edward
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita jedi145 said…
1086 Even though I hated that some of my favorite characters were killed in DH , they died in the battle against Voldemort and the death eaters. Harry potter has sacrifices BD -no battle and one? death Bella sacrificed nothing , she kept edward her daughter , the vamp family and her human family , she was supposed to be too dangerous to stay keep in touch with the parents, but she is the perfect little vampire , she doesn't even attack one person , she didn't sacrifice her humanity either harry on the other hand went to the forest to sacrifice himself to save everyone

1087 Harry and friends had their kids at an appropriate age... not 18....
DracoFanGirl, you like The Parslemouths and Ministry of Magic too? Yay! (HA, 'Accio freak' HA!)[P.S. There is a Twilight Puppet Pals, but they make fun of the 'series'. More than PPP does I mean.]

1088. We don't hate other fans for saying the main character is angsty or emo in one book.

1089. Twilight fans don't seem to realise that sometimes leaving the villan alive and killing off the hero and letting someone else deal with the villan, makes for better fanfiction.
1090. HP teaches that misfits are cool. We have: Luna, for obvious reasons; Neville, the near-squib (*dodges flying tomatoes*); Ginny, the poor Blood-Traitor; Hermione, the brainiac; Ron, the poor, reckless, blood-traitor (*dodges more tomatoes*); and finally, Harry; the orphaned boy-who-lived. See?
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Mrs-Grint said…
There's a Twilight Puppet Pals? That is so obviously copying!! Grr. They make be making fun of it but...still...GRR.

LilysLittleTwin, I AM a Parselmouth, not to mention the next heir of Slytherin. XD
I feel a bit like, y'know, when your doing sport in school and when your sport team is winning, and the teacher is all stressed and she swaps some of the players of the good team onto the bad team so blatantly that the bad team's morales are LOW so they can't even play properly....I have actually NO idea where I'm going with this so....yeah....
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita BellatrixCissy said…
heart
First off there are 7 books and really a really great cast for the movies. Twilight just well is too all love unlike HP.
1091. The Cullens = Cowards. They only fight when they know for a fact they will win without breaking a sweat, but when they may actually have to sacrifice something, even if it is for the better, they just... don't. Harry and his friends sacrifice so much to overcome evil, I would consider then all to be pretty selfless. Selfless and brave with good morals beats cowardly but sparkly and hot in my book.
1092. If ANYONE on the good side got attacked, everyone would gang up on the idiot that provoked them. Do I see that in Twilight? No.

1093. Bellatrix could take all of those Meyerpires on at once and win.

1094. Many Twilight fangirls seem to forget that 'RoB pAt Is SoOoOo HaWt!!!1!' is not a valid reason for liking Twilight better.
O.M.G. Someone actually did the math that I didn't! here it is:
'Voldemort > Cedric
Harry > Voldemort
Cedric = Edward
Therefore Harry is better than Edward.'

Can that get any more awesome?!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita taisa said…
big smile
1095. Harry Potter is pretty much all ages girls and guys. While twilight attracts girls only.

1096. Harry Potter is not afraid to face the dark side.
J.K. Rowling is not scared to startle the reader with something unexpected, like death. In Twilight, the bad guys always get what’s coming to them, like death or justice. Where’s the suspense?

Even in Harry Potter’s world full of magic and fantastical creatures, there is still vulnerability to the characters. The characters are open to more realistic conflict which sometimes ends in their untimely passing. I may have been saddened over the deaths of characters in Harry Potter and wish they had never happened… but at least I wasn’t bored.

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita peaceoutsuckaz said…
There's a Twilight Puppet Pals? Awww i wanted to do that :(
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Zobug222 said…
monkey
1097. JK uses many different adjectives for example Harry's anger would be described as "rage", "angst", "fury", and "frustration". Whereas Stephanie made 165 (I didn't count someone else did) refrences to Edwards "beauty".

1098. Robert Pattinson was a hand-me-down. Twilight got him when HP was done with him.

1099. Stephanie used last names such as "Black" and "Clearwater" as in Sirius and Penelope.

That is all from me... for now. BEWARE!
1100 (!): In Harry Potter, there are as many secrets in the books as there are at Hogwarts. Some of them are still unsolved to this day. For example, what are the 12 uses of dragon blood?

1101: All the little details and characters often turn out to be of extreme importance in the end. For example, Ron's rat, Scabbers, is a small detail in the first two books, but in the third book you find out he is the reason Harry's parents are dead and the reason Sirius is locked up in Azkaban for all those years. Or another example, Aberforth was mentioned lightly as a minor detail in the previous books, but in the seventh, he turns out to be Dumbledore's brother, and the Trio's route to get into Hogwarts safely.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita NevilleSeverus said…
1102: THe supporting characters all have their qwn flaws and triumphs and historys, whereas the twilight ones have none. The only ones with historys are the vampires.

1103: The Death Eaters could kick the volturi's butt any day of the week, and it would take them all of ten seconds to do it

1104: I don't intend to offfend any twilight fans, but honestly, Harry Potter is for kids so you REALLY should be able to understand it. Also, when most of you type there are so many errors i can,t even understand it.
Stop promoting bad writing Meyer!!!!

1105: There is no Harrypottersucks.com, but there is a Twilightsucks.com and many variations of that you can think .
1106: I even cried when Hedwig died! Twilight doesn't create such a caring for even the smallest characters. Harry Potter cares about everyone, not just the "perfect" hot people.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita blaise_jez said…
monkey
TWILIGHT is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­oo much better
XDRoseLuvsHP, one use of Dragon's blood is an oven cleaner.

1107. (I dedicate this one to blaise_jez) Harry Potter fans do not say sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­­oo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­oo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­­oo­oo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­ooo­. Therefore promoting the idea that HP doesn't rot brain cells.

Oh, check this out:
/!\
/(!)\ it's the sign of the Deathly Hallows! (kinda, it doesn't work out so good)
1108. Oh, I just have to add this and I DON'T CARE if it doesn't count. They picked an excellent person to play Sirius. (Gary Oldman for those who don't know)I just watched one of the scenes and it's just like...wow. Everyone, youtube, now. Type in 'Sirius and Harry in 12GP scene', and see if you don't agree.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita snapeislove said…
1109. well, the book titles (twilight, new moon..etc.) is totally irrelevant to the story, they only named those books like that to show that they are related, it doesnt have a clear title like: harry potter, but twilight? you have to explain long first for them to realize what your talking about.

1110: well, hp is simply great,.

1111: movies, duhh, its boring. its 99.9% drama and whatevers, and 00.1% climax .. pfft..

1112: the harry potter (movie) opening theme makes me lose my mind, twilight doesnt have a signature one.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita silverandgreen7 said…
smirk
OMG I haven't checked this in the LONGEST time!
YEAH! I knew we could do it!!! HP forever and ever! =D
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Frizzhead said…
Bellatrix is THE most psychopathic person EVER!
LilysLittleTwin: True, there's a few we could probably figure out, but I don't think I've heard all 12 yet :)

blaise_jez: Saying Twilight is better does not prove anything. If you are going to make a statement, please support your answer. Just saying sounds very desperate. If you want a good argument, use support. It will make you sound much more intelligent. Also, take a look at how many answers we have, and look at how many answers are on the Twilight board. If you want to prove your point, try to at least 10 LEGITIMATE answers there (so no, "edwrddd iz soooooo HAWTT!!!1!!" does not count as a legitimate answer), then we can talk.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita dobbyssocks said…
1113. i cant wait for tomarrow (6th hp is coming out.) BUt i can wait for new moon to come out
1114. In Eclipse, all the Cullens are going on about how killing their helpless enemies is going to be so much "fun". Okay, I thought they were supposed to be the good guys? In Harry Potter, the only people who find killing ANYONE to be fun are people like Voldemort, Fenrir Greyback, Bellatrix and Umbridge. Notice anything about them all? Oh, right, THEY ARE VILLAINS. So much for the Cullens being a "perfect" family, huh?
XDRoseLuvsHP: Oven Cleaner is a fact. I don't know where but it is.
dobbyssocks: I KNOW right? It's coming out at midnight! *fangirlish squeal*!

1115. At least OUR fans can do something constructive like...oh, I don't know...form a BAND!
Keep close together now, the Dark Lord is in sight
Away, away, we've got to get this right.
Don't break formation as we ride into the fight
ride into, ride into the fight.

If anyone can guess what that song is from first, E-COOKIE FOR YOU!