House MD mashabiki Project ArtWork ~ DISCONTINUED

misanthrope86 posted on Jun 21, 2009 at 04:21AM
Welcome to Project ArtWork!

Project ArtWork is a graphics contest, much like the link and the link. However, Project ArtWork is based on the same concept as the American reality tv show link. In this show, fashion designers compete to show a clothing collection at New York Fashion Week. SO, in Project ArtWork, participants are required to put together a graphics collection.

Project ArtWork Rules

1) You must submit a 'collection' that includes-
ONE wallpaper (1280x800)
ONE banner (800x100)
ONE header (700x300)
FIVE icons (100x100 each)
ONE miscellanous fanart (of any size)

2) You must choose an overall THEME, TOPIC or INSPIRATION for there collection. For example, a participant may choose the topic of "war", in which each piece of their collection must follow this central theme. You may change your theme at any point in the competition; however, you must still submit your collection by the due date. There will be no extensions given.
Furthermore, you may NOT choose a House MD theme, topic or inspiration. This is to avoid bias. However, the second round of this contest will be a House MD round. But in general, please refrain from picking topics related to House MD (including actors and actresses).

3) You will have ONE MONTH to complete and submit your collection. Once you have submitted your collection you cannot change your submissions. If you choose to add more than the permitted number of submissions, only the first submitted content will be allowed into the contest. You can choose not to submit a full collection, but please try to submit all the content that is asked for.

4) You may pull out of, or enter the contest as any point. There is no restriction on the number of participants.

5) The due date is final, unless there is consenus on an extension. The due date will be clearly posted in this forum.

6) Please submit your entire collection all at once to THIS SPOT. Then, IN THIS FORUM, leave a comment that includes:
Collection Name (the title of your collection)
Collection Theme/Topic
Collection Description (a place to tell everyone about your graphics collection, including your inspirations, what image editing tools or programs you used etc)
AND the links to EVERY piece of artwork in your collection.

7) A pick will then be made in order to determine the winner of each round (at this point, I think it should probably just be a "Best Overall Collection" type of pick, but I also thought we might be able to have subcategories like "Best Icon" and "Best Banner" and so on. Keen to here people's thoughts on that). Voters should vote for the best graphics, and participants may not vote for their own collections, no matter how super-awesome they think their own collection is.

Phew! Ok, that sounds like a lot of rules, but I was really trying to cover all bases at once. Any questions or clarifications, don't hesitate to ask! And if I have missed anything, tell me!

WINNERS:

Round One:
-link
Round Two:
-link
Round Three:
misanthrope86 and Numbers

last edited on Oct 06, 2009 at 04:35AM

House MD mashabiki 63 majibu

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 63

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita huddysmacked said…
crying
O I would love to jojn but I'm going to New York which means no time for FP but consider me for next rounds...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita huddyislove said…
big smile
I am in!!!
Can I have a theme like.. Huli... or is that... I dunno too much XDDD
If not, I'm taking violin
big smile
I'm working on the violin part :)))
smile
I'm done!!!

Collection name: Love for strings
Theme: Violin/Music
Collection description: I worked in Photoshop, I used different brushes and different filters. I used RGB (mostly CIE profile) color.

My inspiration was my violin exam I took on 20th of June (yesterday). I've played violin since I was 6 years old. That makes 10 years of practicing it!! :D

Icon #1 is link
Icon #2 is link
Icon #3 is link
Icon #4 is link
Icon #5 is link

Banner is link
Header is link
Miscellaneous fanart is link
Wallpaper is link

Hope you like them!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita x5mp1xp1nx22x said…
holy crap HILLY! you got that done fast!

im SO in!
big smile
thanks numbs!
I hope you like them! :DDDD
comment on some xDDDD
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita misanthrope86 said…
laugh
HOLY CRAP! LOL! Great job huddyislove! That was super-fast!
Collection Name: A Jugular Love Story
Collection Topic: The link by Animal Collective
Collection Description: I absolutely love this song and the music video that accompanies it. I love the whole look of it. The video also tells such a universal love story, but does it in a unique way by using 2 odd, monsterous characters.
I used Paint, Microsoft Picture Manager and Microsoft Word to make all the graphics. Yes, bask in the glow of my sophisticated image editing technology! Muhahahaha!

Here are the graphics of my 'A Jugular Love Story' collection:

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Chandlerfan said…
Ooohh great idea Missy! =D

I feel like making some graphics, so I'm in =]
awesome missy! you totally got me in absolute LOVE with that song btw!
smile
The pick for Round One is up. Here it is:
link
Unfortunately, only me and huddyislove got their collections in on time.

Round Two will open once the Round one pick is completed.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Chandlerfan said…
sad
GAHHHH! I wasn't on FP all week and was ill before so I couldn't finish my entry =[
Sorry Missy! =[
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita oldmovie said…
WOW this looks pretty awesome, is a round two coming anytime soon? I'd love to participate!

EDIT: Sorry just read the post, I'll go cast my vote now!
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
big smile
Congrats to huddysmacked, who won round one! Thanks to the 4 other people who voted... *sobs*

Round two is up! Comment to join!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Cuddles said…
I'm in.
Sounds really great :)
blush
oh i didnt get my round 1 crap done

i vow to get round two done in time, that is if you'll let me join *puppy eyes*
I would really love to join in one this round Missy if that would be all right :)
big smile
oldmovie!!!! You are here! *does happy dance* YAY!

LOL! Yep, all you guys are signed up! Happy creating!
its lovely to see you again Missy *hugs her*

Just a question, besides House MD does the artwork have to revolve around a specific theme, like Wilson, or can it be/has to be completely general?
big smile
*hugs oldmovie back*

It can totally be whatever theme you want. For example, you could choose the theme of "Loss", OR only use Cuddy as your 'model'. Whatever you want to do, as long as it is 'House MD' related!
i have a question missy...can we submit somethings that we've ALREADY made as part of our collection?
wink
Nope, sorry. It has to be all new. It is just a bit fairer that way.
okey dokey :)
I am in, may I be in? Or are the participants all covered up??
*facepalm* just read the rule again Sorry I'm in!
Alright I have my entry!!!!

Collection Name: Is the pain worth the price?
Collection Theme/Topic: Pain (lovely huh?)
Collection Description: Well I was in a bit of a pessimistic mood when I first thought of this theme, and then the artwork came kind of easy once I started. I think pain, both emotional and physical is such a large part of House MD that I thought it would be interesting to explore with artwork.

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita houseluva8 said…
I'm in.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Cuddles said…
Finally done, at *locks at watch* 2.30 am.

Collection name: Leave me alone (I'm lonely)
(Yeah, it's a song title)
Collection Topic/Theme: Loneliness
Collection Description:

I thought about some topics and decided in favour of loneliness.
In my opinion, all characters are lonely...though it's not the same loneliness and not the choice of everybody to actually be lonely
(sorry, it's 2.30...not the best time for my brain)
I knew or found some fitting quotes and music was also some inspiration. So, I hope you like my collection and you can recognize my theme :)

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Olivine said…
this sounds like fun =D i know, i'm slow i just came to check this out now xDDD
anyways i think i'd like to participate :)) can i?
heart
Of course you can Olivine!
Although I feel flaterred I won Round 1...I didn't even participate Missy XDDD Must have been a typo..
laugh
LOL! Sorry about that! I must have been doing 2 things at once! All these people with "huddy" in their names! LOL! I meant huddyislove. Sorry about that to both of you!
smile
Collection name: Perfection
Collection Topic/Theme: Beauty
Collection Description:

I was so happy to finally have season 6 promo pictures of House that I immediately decided to use them for my project. So my idea was pretty much inspired by the beauty of Olivia Wilde, Jennifer Morrison and Lisa Edelstein as well as by a quote from season 1: " Gorgeous women do not go to medical school... unless they're as damaged as they are beautiful."

Why did I call it "Perfection"? - Because I used the dragan effect. It's important to know some facts about the dragan effect. The dragan effect doesn't hide anything. It's the opposite of what is usually done to make an image more beautiful. Usually you soften the skin of a model to make it look better, perfect. You also play with the colors to achieve a greater coloring of the whole pic.
The dragan effect doesn't do that. It sharpens the image, it brings out almost every single strand of hair, every wrinkle in the face of a model, every pore. It brightens up the already bright parts and darkens the dark parts. It helps to point out wrinkles and skin blemish under the make-up.
Doing that to three beautiful doctors they still look gorgeous. Every hair, every pore, every little detail is simply perfection.
At least on the outside.
What's on the inside you can never know...

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Paramore-CSI said…
ok im in but i may have to pull out
Collection Name: Thirteen Shines
Collection Topic/Theme: Dr Remy Hadley and the song link.
Collection Description: Using my trusty Paint, my collection is dedicated to Thirteen's ability to keep on going despite the hard times she has had. The song 'Shine' is about a person who doesn't quite know, understand or believe how important they are in the world. The song reminds me of Thirteen because she said she was desperate for her shortened life to matter and she seems like she is someone who doesn't realise how special she is.

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

Collection name: Color by Numbers
(a parady of paint by numbers if any of you kids remember those)

Collection theme: Season 6 promos
(nothin but shots from season 6)

Collection description:
I LOVE using different colors in GIMP, and this was around the time ALL the season 6 promos were coming out...so i put 2 and 2 together.
plus i thought the whole paint by numbers-->color by numbers thing was ironic LOL

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

sorry for the lateness but here's the link

colection name:simplicity
collection theme: jenniffer morrison
collection description: i wanted to expirement with photobucket but i wanted it simple and i wanted her eyes to stand out so i hope they did
ok the proper sizes

wallpaper-link
fanart-link
banner-link
header-link
icon 1-link
icon2-link
icon 3- link
icon 4- link
icon 5-link
Pick is up for round 2! Here it is:
link

PLEASE NOTE THE SPECIAL ROUND! Round 3 is a very special round!
i'm in :D so no icons and banners this round, right? :)
just a stupid question..~Made from one of the season 6 promotional images released by Fox.
does this mean we can only take one of the pictures for our posters? Or can we use all - and for example make a poster with the women, one with the men and so on?
time out...

i used last season as my season stuff...

ok wait i get it...the posters have to be from the posters released by fox...ok. it got. it.
do all of them have to be from one of those fox images or just one?
yah am confused
Sorry, I had to log off halfway through setting it up, so sorry it is so unclear.

Rules for the SEASON 6 PROMOTIONAL POSTER ROUND are:

~ You MUST make your posters from any of the season 6 promotional photoshoot images released by Fox.
~ NO SHIPS.
~ 800 wide X 1200 high
~ No icons, wallpapers etc. JUST 5 POSTERS.
smile
If I put all characters on one poster, is it allowed to put Cameron close to Chase, 13 close to Foreman and Cuddy close to House or not?
I guess so. As long as it is not obvious shipping. Normally I would be fine with shipping, but people have been rating Hameron artwork really unfairly low lately, so I'm not going to tolerate it. So sorry about that, but a few bad eggs are ruining it for the rest of us.
It's fine ;) The show is more than just shipping
okey dokey im clear on it.

due BY the s6 premire...rightieo.
great.
im in
smile
I have posted links to all the images that you can use for this round in the forum topic.
yay im good with tht and ik what ur talking bout its stupid
sad
LOL! You think this round is stupid Paramore-CSI? LOL! Sorry, I thought it would be a good idea to promote the new season...
I think she was talking about the "bad eggs"...