Even Perez Hilton sometimes compares these shows. I like both, but prefer HIMYM. There are many simple reasons why they are different, so here are just a few:
1) 5 vs 6: This may seem extremely minor, but it is a very different dynamic. The plot lines of Marafiki episodes often (but not always) follow 3 pairs of the Marafiki doing various things together. On HIMYM there seems to be zaidi intermingling of plots (in my opinion).
2) Inspiration: HIMYM is loosely based on Carter and Craig's lives. They are the creators of the onyesha and the idea started somewhat autobiographically.
* Anyone says "Awesome!" * Robin says "literally" * Barney says "legendary" * Barney uses a pickup line * Barney says “Suit up” * Lily talks about au is around her kindergarteners
* Anyone says "Have wewe met..." (Ted, Barney, Me, etc.) * Barney does magic * Barney makes someone do a high five * Barney says “Ha, please.” * Barney says "daddy's home" * Marshall says "Lawyered!" * Ted does a voiceover * There is a flashback * Any mention of the Fierro
* Barney says "Legen---wait for it---dary" * Barney says “What up?” * Barney mentions his blog * Marshall...