L Misa Amane at end of Death Note

SonOfPein posted on Jul 06, 2009 at 01:33AM
What happens to Misa Amane at the end of Death Note is different in the anime, manga, and movie.

At the end of the manga, Misa is last shown staying in the Teito Hotel and then nothing else is ever shown of Misa so it is completely left for mystery what happens to her (in other words, the author never says) but it is certain Misa must've fallen into despair when she eventually learns of Light's death (though the manga never shows this).

At the end of the anime, the director shows Misa standing outside the safety rail at the top of a sky scraper staring off into the sunset. This implies she is about to jump off the sky scraper and kill herself, but the anime never actually shows her committing suicide or anything after the image of her on the sky scraper, so it is still unclear what happened to Misa after that.

At the end of the movie, Misa does not commit suicide. Her memory of the Death Note is gone, but she is still in love with Light and she is last shown in front of a shrine she built in her room for Light celebrating Light's birthday (obsessive much?).

My question to you guys is this: I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on what they think happened to Misa at the end of Death Note. Notice I said opinion since the author never specified what happened to her.

I personally think Misa killed herself, cause I think if the author had written something in the manga about Misa after Light's death, it would have been her committing suicide. She even says in the manga in a much earlier chapter that she couldn't live without Light. That's just my take on it though. What do you guys think?

L 12 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DebGulledge said…
I totally think she jumps...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita BeB said…
cake
I don't think that she would have the guts. When she had the death note she was about to. But that was so Light would'nt get caught. BUT I say she just turned emo. In the anime and manga. But in the movie she went crazy prentending that Light was there. Thats my thoughts!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita GVentola said…
I think she jumps in the anime continuity, and resumes her life as a bubbly idol in the live action universe. Maybe even leads a halfways decent life morally, away from the temptation of the Death Note. I'm only on volume 4 of the manga right now (late starter to the world of Death Note)so I can't say for the manga.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita YunhoFan said…
hmmm
I don't know about the movie,but she committed suicide.It's confirmed in Death Note:How To Read.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Llawliet74 said…
hmmm
You can also find it on the Death Note wikia.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita rosie_nightshad said…
crying
AWWWWW.....poor Misa...i liked her, she was funny and creepy and forced Light to be the slightest bit sensitive...most of the time anyway...but still...awwwww....depressing....
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Sammisaurus said…
sad
I'm pretty sure she commit suicide. She loved Light and constantly said she would die for him, and said that she couldn't imagine a would without him.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita MaelChan said…
i think she jumped or commited sucide in another way..
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Ryuzakiluver18 said…
SHE DIED
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita tfff said…
Misa has to live a very long time after that. When Rem is explaining how and why MIsa got a Deathnote (episode 10 roughly) she tells her that Gelus's life span was added to hers. This means that she had the life span of both Gelus and Rem added to hers. Also you could say that having her life span cut in half twice would shorten it drastically, but I think I've got some math to prove otherwise. When Misa was going to die, her life span was nearly nothing. When Gelus saved her, his life span was added to hers. When Misa made the eye deal with Rem, she lost half of the life span she had from Gelus, and Rem had the other half. Then Misa made the eye deal again, and now she had 1/4 of the life span from Gelus, and Rem had the other 3/4. When Rem died, Rem's life span was added to Misa's including the 3/4 of the life span Gelus had given to Misa then Misa to Rem for Shinigami eyes. Meaning Misa had the life spans of two Shinigami so she couldn't have died just a few years later because those Shinigami must have had long life spans.
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita purekaos said…
it doesn't confirm that she committed suicide it only says she died plus it was quite a long time before she died. Also Near knows Misa is the second Kira so I think she ended up going through some trial somehow getting a hold of the death note again even if it was only touching it then she was sentanced to death.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ImAnEasel said…
I think she jumped. It seems like the kind of thing that would happen in Death Note, since the main theme of the anime/manga is, really, death. Plus, it fits Misa's personality. She was totally devoted to Light - in fact, I would say she was OBSESSED with him. She was also quite a dramatic person, so I can picture her committing suicide after she heard about Light's death. A flashy end for a flashy person, I guess...