sinema CLOSE THIS TOPIC

ultimatefan posted on Mar 16, 2009 at 02:25PM
So I said since they are doing top movies list I said I would try make a list of the most overrated ones.SO I need your help.all you do is Name 10 of the most overrated movies according to you.This doesnt mean they are bad it just means they are overrated.
So please vote and I will count the votes and the results will be out May 1st.
1 Being the most overrated and 10 being the least.
last edited on Mar 24, 2009 at 06:12PM

sinema 12 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita teddibear said…
smile
I'm a fan, and everybody's entitled to opinions, but I can't participate on a thread where Casablanca is listed as overrated by anybody, lol! Just kidding. I'll add my picks later when I have more time to compile a list.
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ultimatefan said…
Thanks I only see Casablanca as overated due to the people calling it the best movie off all time It is a great movie but not the best.In fact I love all these movies
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita magicskyblue said…
cool
Think we need to know how to rate a move (like, what are the criteria?) before we know what's over-rated. For example, I'm hugely fond of Donnie Darko, Blade Runner and Eraserhead (all critically lauded) but I know plenty of people who either don't get or simply don't like them. I have one friend who won't watch anything that isn't completely realistic, so her criteria for rating movies is totally different to mine as I love quirky offbeat fantasy (beats humdrum real life by a long distance mile)
Also, most movies these days get hyped to the max before anyone's seen them so they're all over-rated before they hit your local multiplex
mischievous
Btw, I didn't realise that the 'cool' emoticon would appear at the top of my first post. I tried to put it at the end within the parenthesis - I don't think my opinions are in any way cool, though please feel free to tell me they are ;)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ultimatefan said…
Ok fair point Movies you think personally are overrated.Like when everyone said was an amazing movie but when you saw it you felt that it didnt live up to the hype.
Cool Opinion
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita katiecain said…
I can't be bothered to order them but here are some I personally didn't think lived up to the hype... Hairspray (new one), Notting Hill, Scream, Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix, Chicago. I'll probably think of more.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita dilly53 said…
1. Twilight ( i watched this being a 24yr old guy, knowing full well it wouldnt appeal to me. That aside, it was still a horrible movie that fails on all attempts at an "epic love story")

2. Simpsons movie (not funny at all)

3. Any Spider-man movie (made for children younger than 10)

4. Scarface (this isnt a good movie just because you like cocaine)

5. Knocked Up (not Judd Apatow or Seth Rogans best)

6. Kingdom Of Heaven (unconvincing on all fronts)

7. Anything M. Night Shyamalan

8. Daredevil (possibly the worst thing ever)

9. Good Night and Good Luck

10. The Matrix Trilogy
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita becca85 said…
big smile
Spiderman is the only one that presently comes to mind. I'll try and update later (if I remember).
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita nosemuffin said…
My list could potentially make some people very angry, but it's my opinion, so in no particular order, here goes:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Shakespeare in Love
3. The Sixth Sense
4. Mean Girls
5. Easy Rider
6. Saving Private Ryan (almost anything by Spielberg)
7. Moulin Rouge
8. It's a Wonderful Life
9. Roman Holiday
10. The English Patient
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita chel1395 said…
1. Twilight
2. Titanic
3. 2001: A Space Odyssey
4. Jerry Maguire
5. A Clockwork Orange
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Chandlerfan said…
big smile
I have to agree with chel for the first two, and I did actually hate those two movies...

1. Twilight
2. Titanic
3. Citizen Kane
4. Harry Potter (all)
5. E.T. (although I loved this especially as a kid)
6. Troy (most bits were actually historically inaccurate...but you don't want to get me started on that LOL)
7. Star Wars (all new ones)
8. The Dark Knight
9. A Walk To Remember (again - I still like this)
10. The English Patient

That's just off the top of my head, this list may change though XDD