Muhtesem Yüzyil - Magnificent Century Episodes discussion!

turkishlove55 posted on Mar 15, 2013 at 08:14PM
Hello Muhtesem Yüzyil fans, I want to hear your opinions on these episodes! Episode 91 seems like it's going to really important, who do you guys think!?

Muhtesem Yüzyil - Magnificent Century 33 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita nessie-eska said…
smile
I've just started to watch 3rd season. I'll have to hurry so I could comment on this forum.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita turkishlove55 said…
Yes please do! I actually didn't even watch the first season. I watched a majority of the second and then started at episode 80 from the 3rd!!!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita melitzana said…
sunny
Well, I've watched the whole show (some episodes more than once :D) and I was instantly captivated by it. But I think that from season 3 it has lost some of it's sparkle... Anyway I don't want to spoil it to you so I won't say more.
As for episode 91, I think it will be very interesting. Sehzade Mustafa is going to have a lot of trouble! From now on his relationship with his father is going to get harder as time goes by and suspicion and power rises between them.
crying
I agree, although historically sehzade mehmet and hatice sultan both die before mustafa, we are starting to see his end. I remember when suleyman told hurrem that he loved mustafa for then anyone else, even his own mother! And now the fate of mustafa is a game between the hand of Rustem and hurrem
surprise
Anyone see the 94 bolum fragman???? It looks like a promising episode!
Well the trailers look always promising but in the end the last episodes were not that good. I found episode 94 uninteresting and boring... But 95 looks really really good, containing important historical facts such as the Rustem-Mihrimah wedding which is going to happen in the future and the ongoing tensity that rises between Sah sultan and Lufti pasha which is going to eventually lead to their divorce... Looks like a very important episode indeed and I can't wait to watch it!
I agree completely! Almost every episode since ibrahim pasas death has been boring and just repetitive. I'm so sick of hurrem and Sah fighting, I would haw much rathered them be allies. I can't wait to see what Lutfi pasa is going to do when hurrem tells him and Sah sultan and ibrahim pasa! So excited
cloudy
Well we have the same opinions. Since Ibrahim was my favorite, from his death and afterwards my interest for the series is not as much as it used to be, but nonetheless I still watch it. It seems that the writers depended on Ibrahim more than they realized and now they seem to have stuck... I agree it's tiring to watch Sah and Hurrem constantly fighting, it is pointless. The series needs a change, f.e. they can bring Mimar Sinan permanently or focus a little more on the real events... I don't know, but surely they must find a way to make it more interesting. Today episode 95 airs, I hope it is better than the previous ones.
I agree I don't think the writers had any idea how much Ibrahim really affected the show!! I'm glad we get some flashbacks with him, although I always cry at them 😢. But anyway I liked episode 95, I though it was actually better than the past few. The new stories arising seem like they're going to bring alot of excitement to the show! Hatches marriage, rustem and mihrimah, lutfi hearing that news about sah sultan.. Can't wait until episode 96 😄
Yes, episode 95 was VERY good, I quite enjoyed it. At last! I can't wait for the epeisode 96 trailer, it's coming out tomorrow, ain't it?
No it's already out! Here's the link..
link
Oooh, thank you, I watched it. Rustem-Mihrimah marriage is going to take place very soon! I wonder what is Nigar going to do after her divorce with Rustem. Probably she will go to her daughter. Well, we'll see...
I hope the entire episode isn't all about them, I don't really like mihrimah :/ yeah he's just going to through Nigar aside lol. I really want to see what lutfi pasa is going to do, or if he will mention what hurrem told him to Sah sultan.. I'm excited for it 👏
smile
Well I think that the episode will be focusing on the wedding, because it is a very important fact with political sequences. I think that Sah will do whatever she can to stop the wedding because it will make both Hurrem and Rustem more powerful but as we know the wedding is about to happen anyway. I'm not sad for Mihrimah, I don't like her either, but it's a fact that this wedding was a miserable one... I'm anxious too about Lufti pasa and Sah sultan. I liked them from the beginning I just want to know more about their past, they came late in the show and we don't know a lot of things about them. Hopefully they will show us their past in a future episode.
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
I have the same opinion. Mihrimah is like a brat, her attitude bothers me 😡 I really hope the show us more from what happened with Sah sultan and Ibrahim pasa. They keep hinting at it but not giving details. I also hope they calm down a but with the stupid fights between hurrem Sah and hatice, and show us more love stories. Why did the romance between hurrem and suleyman suddenly disappear
The women fighting was indeed ridiculous, especially the black magic crap and Hurrem beating Hatice... Incredibly stupid. I found the first thing where we disagree, I don't miss Hurrem-Suleiman romance at all. They never convinced me that they were so much in love with each other anyway (maybe it's a chemistry thing with the actors-I don't know), but I think that as time goes by it is normal not being so much in love as the beginning. I mean they love each other of course but they are not in love as much as they used to, it's natural. I would find the opposite very unreal. But I agree that the series right now lacks of powerful romances. I personally find the romances of Malcocoglu, Mihrimah and all of the princes shallow and rushed to say at least...
I'm not too much of a suleyman hurrem love fan either, but I want to watch some type of romance in the show! I really don't care for mihrimahs love life, or esmahans either. We used to see hurrem and suleyman, hatice and Ibrahim, mustafa and efsun, and Bali bey with.. Several people actually lol. Now there's nothing! I just hope hurrems return this episode doesn't just mean more Sah-Hurrem arguments.. Which is probably will 😒
From what I've understood from the trailers, I think that Hurrem will return at the second half of the episode and then she will focus on the wedding, I don't think that there will be time to argue with Sah, although a confrontation is going to happen between those two so that Hurrem could brag about her daughter's wedding and her achievement to return to the palace, as she always does in those situations.
One thing confuses me now. From history we know that he Mihrimah-Rustem wedding takes place in 1539, but Hatice dies in 1538, so Hatice is probably going to die very soon (I found it would be interesting if Hatice and Husrev pasa had some kind of a romance after their wedding as we talked about lack of romances in the series), but there is no hint of what is going to happen to her... We see that in this episode there is a plague breaking out, maybe Hatice dies because of it... What do you think?
Yeah this whole date thing is really getting mixed up right now. They also showed ayah pasha dying in the trailer, which is when lutfi becomes grand vizier so I wonder if they are skipping a year or so. I don't know what they are doing with hatice because usually when someone is going to leave the show it'll be in the news and gossip sites, but nothing has been said about that yet. Maybe they want her to finish out the season? Your 100% right about the hurrem Sah confrontation though lol, I couldn't have said it better myself! Also, in the trailer suleyman is telling Sah that she's doing things behind his back.. Do you think he's referring to hatice and husrev not living together?
Maybe. I can't be sure because you know how these trailers are, it could be something totally different or something new in this episode, but probably that's the reason. But whatever the reason is I don't thing that Suleiman is going to punish Sah or something, she will say something to him, he will believe her and the case is (temporally ?) closed. He may order that Hatice and Husrev must live together as a proper couple...
Well today is the day, I hope it is a very good episode, as the last one was!
The writers have all they need to make it exciting, they could go in so many directions with these storylines.. So lets watch and see! Can't wait to hear your opinion once you watch it! 😄😄
big smile
I will tell you as soon as possible and I'm waiting for your opinion as well!!!!! I watch the episode on Wednesday night online but since I don't understand turkish I have to wait until the english translation is published at a site, so I create my full view of the episode around Friday, when the 1st trailer is out too... I'm very lucky that there are people who translate the series. Well I'm babbling right now..... See you, I hope you'll enjoy the episode!!!
Wow same here!
Let's start about episode 96. I liked it. I don't know why, I didn't enjoyed it as much as episode 95, but still I liked it.
This episode reminded me the main reason that I like this series so much, because it usually is fast, the scenario is progressing fast in comparison to other series. I mean in episode 96 2 pashas died, Hurrem was in Edirne for a looooong time, Lutfi pasha became the grand vizier etc. when other series make a day last 5-6 episodes.
The best scenes were those involving Sah, Ayaz pasha and Lutfi pasha. I really liked how Sah took advantage of Ayaz pasha's passion for women in order to kill him, it was a perfect way to get rid of him without anyone being accused.
I like Mustafa, he is independent and confident about himself, but he is doing whatever he can to make his relationship with his father worse, as he knows that Suleiman doesn't trust him as much as he would like...
I do not like the way the make Suleiman soooooooo sensitive! Hurrem told him some love words and he instantly forgave her, he believes (almost) everything his family says.... He was a successful conqueror and lawmaker and he achieved this by being smart, clever, not by being sentimental...
Anyway my favorite scenes where the last two, I was so excited that Lutfi became the grand vizier that I actually started clapping!
I am very anxious about the episode 97! They re-published the 2nd season 3 trailer so the next episode will be about Mihrimah-Rustem wedding for sure. We'll see!
Wow, we have almost the same opinions! Sah is very smart, there is nothing that ties her or lutfu to ayah pasa's death.. Very clever woman! I really enjoyed the scene when lutfi told her he want to be the grand vizier and the last scene was awesome! Hurrem probably thought she could get lutfi to her side and that last scene showed how shocked she was! I hate how suleyman doesn't investigate anything.. Ever. He just takes someone's word for it and sticks to it, it was a cute scene though with hurrem and the sultan. Did you watch the trailer yet!? It came out a few hours ago
But omg I agree 100% with what you said about it being a fast paced show. So much happens in one episode that even if its not exciting, it's still a good episode! Hopefully 97 isn't going to dwell on mihrimah trying to get out of rustems marriage.
I'm glad I have found someone with the same opinions with me, the most people I know who watch the series have different opinions from me so it is very nice to see that I'm not the only one :D!
Well I hadn't seen the trailer but I read your comment and instantly watched it. Of course it develops around Rustem-Mihrimah's wedding... The trailer does not hint anything else except the wedding. Maybe the second trailer will give us extra material, so that we can discuss more. I just want to comment that the fact that Mihrimah agrees to marry Rustem because Malcocoglu turned her down reminds me the same situation where Aybige agreed to marry Mustafa for the same reason, pffffff...
I'm very happy that Mimar Sinan is back in the show. I respect that man a lot and I think his presence is going to enrich the plot.
I'm also anxious to see how mimar sinans role is going to play out. I'm sure te episode will have a lot more to it, I want to see more with hatice. The time of her death has already passed in the show so it doesn't look like they're going to kill her.. So I hope they show her become happy again! To be honest Bali bey didn'tt look like he lived aybige either, but your right it is almost the same thing!
I think too that the episode will have more stuff to show us but now i can't imagine what. As for Hatice yes, I want her too to be happy. Something is going to happen with Husrev, I'm sure about it and I hope it's going to be that way, if of course the writers have decided to keep her alive for much longer...
I told you this for Malcocoglu because he is by far my least favorite character! The only reason that he is in the series is to make many women to fall in love with him, then he will love them in return and like that the series has (unsuccessful) love stories with no purposes. I don't like him at all...
Omg noooo I love Bali bey!!! He is soo attractive and such a noble knight. It's nice of husrev to be so understanding with hatice, it actually seems like lutfi is more impatient than husrev. I also have the feeling something more is going to come from Sah Sultan, she still has so much mystery to her
Surely Sah will do something, she can't stay neutral, it is not in her nature. But I can't think of what she could do right now, probably something that will amaze us! Except everything regarding the wedding I can't think of anything else that could happen to this episode, I'm stuck... Maybe it's better this way because then the episode will be more enjoyable!
Oh for sure, that way anything that will happen will be interesting because we didn't see it coming! Alot could happen since hurrem is also back.. I'm excited!!
Well after watching the second trailer, it seems that this episode is not focusing on the wedding at all! More Suleiman-Mustafa conflict, also Sah-Hatice and Sah-Lutfi tensity, and lots of stuff indeed. Is it just me or Lutfi pasha is going on Hurrem's side? Maybe he just does what's better for him, not caring very much about the others... What do you think?