My Little Poney Episode Discussion: The one in which Muffins. Also Episode 100 I guess

btflash posted on Jun 13, 2015 at 06:44PM
OH MY GOD THIS EPISODE

OH
MY
GOD
THIS EPISODE
SO EXCITE

SO DOCTOR
SO DERPY
SO WEDDING
SO PONYVILLE EARLY WARNING ALARM TRIO
SO VINYLTAVIA
SO EEEEEEE

and that, everyone, was the entire fandom's reaction to this week's episode.

Did I miss any? did you like the episode, or did you love it?

Discussions below!
last edited on Jun 13, 2015 at 06:44PM

My Little Poney 5 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita triq267 said…
As we have already discussed, this episode was insane. Twilicane. Gummy. SO MUCH STUFF. SO MUCH. MY GOD. The writers have out-done themselves. Here's hoping we make it to episode 200 to see if they can out-do themselves.

(Oh, and I don't know if anyone here as read the fanfic "Thrown Abroad", but I am totally calling that changeling at the end Suncloak and there is nothing that will stop me.)

That is all. Allons-y!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita btflash said…
This episode was just such a godly love letter to the fans that it can't be anything but. M.A. Larson has done his research and has written an amazing episode.

Thanks, M.A. Larson
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Seanthehedgehog said…
Well, it's been a while since I was in any of these episode discussions. You two already stated out the facts, so there's not much for me to say, except for two words, I agree. The episode is very amazing, and I thought it was funny how Derpy locked the door, preventing the mane 6 from getting in.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita NocturnalMirage said…
Eh... I have ambivalent feelings towards this episode...

I mean, the entertainment value was very high indeed. I liked it, all the funny puns and nods to the fans... I even understand why they made Vinyl mute cos if the voice that comes out of her mouth is not Novacking's, it's totally unacceptable. :D

But I also felt like... this is too good to be true. it's like they have taken the most commonly known traits of the background characters, established by the fandom and canonized them. it kinda felt like... fan-pandering... like they "stole" most of the ideas, created by the fandom.

On the other hand, they have done their research very thoroughly indeed and it is a very nice gesture toward the fandom that they actually made this episode. All in all I really enjoyed it even though I kinda felt the mild, bitter taste of fan pandering in my mouth sometimes. However, I'd still give it 5 stars out of 6 to the 100th ep.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita triq267 said…
I can definitely see where you're coming from on the pandering side of things, which is why as much as I loved the episode I just can't put it as my favorite. I almost feel like it would have been better, if they were going to canonize all these fan-theories outside of the hundredth episode, if they had just stuck in different background character stories throughout the season. I feel like that would have made the pandering less obvious. But I get the whole hundredth episode thing which is why I'm okay with it. Here's hoping they stick with these characterizations through the rest of the series and go more into detail on them instead of just forgetting all about them!