Myths and Legend Your opinion on "Percy Jackson and the Olympians", a Greek and Roman mythology revival

daydreamer505 posted on Aug 19, 2022 at 06:47PM
What do you think? Do you like it, and if you do, what made you into a fan? And if you don't like it, then what are your reasons for disliking it? Also, what do you think of this whole concept of ancient mythology revival? Do you think that's too much? Would people start worshipping the ancient long forgotten gods now we have books and movies about this whole new generation of demigods?

Myths and Legend 3 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita daydreamer505 said…
hmmm
Personally, I like the general idea of having all those young demigods running around, the offsprings of ancient and long forgotten Greek and Roman deities with modern-day mortals, with superhuman abilities, almost unlimited powers because I like classic ancient mythology myself. The only problem with PJO is that it is simply too violent for my taste. Too much violence, too much hatred, too much death, if you ask me. For one thing, everybody has a sword, and they use it to hurt someone. That's not something that I could ever accept as normal. If there was more falling in love between all those demigods, and less fighting, I might just like it. This is a whole new way of looking at all those ancient myths. I don't know if that would bring the ancient Greek and Roman religion back, but who knows? Anything is possible. Maybe someday somebody would put a picture of Percy Jackson, a son of Poseidon, in some long time abandoned Greek temple of Poseidon, and start a new cult. Who knows what might happen? I like the concept of demigods, just not the story of PJO. I have my reasons.
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
sad
I never read the books myself. When a friend of mine told me about it, we went to see the movie - the first movie - because my friend told me it's all about ancient mythology, and he knows how much I like it, but when I was sitting there, watching the movie, I felt something's not right. Something was terribly wrong, so I just left him there. I actually walked out when they start to fight with swords. I don't like violent movies at all, or violent books. I know there's some violence in every single myth, even some bedtime stories for kids are violent to some degree, like "Hansel and Gretel", but this was just too much for me. I like the characters, just not the story. I don't know how to explain it, but it's just not what I had in mind when my friend told me it was a classic mythology revival. It may very well be the revival of all those ancient myths, but I still don't like it, and nobody can change the way how I feel about it. PJO is way too violent for a pacifist like me. Too much unnecessary bloodshed.
sunny
Maybe next time Rick Riordan would bring to life a son of Eros, Greek god of love. Just imagine what could happen if there was such a young demigod with a power to make even the worst enemies fall in love with each other! Imho that would make much more sense than a sword fight. Love can be a very powerful weapon, you know. This son of Eros could easily make the enemies falling in love. I had no idea how come Rick Riordan never thought of it! Apart from turning enemies into lovers, the son of Eros could also make any individual, mortal, demigod, or even a deity, reaching a climax in public. Picture this! An enemy trying to attack you reaching a climax right there, in front of everybody. That's the way I like it! More love, less death!