Resident Evil RE4: Inspired from Zelda?

SangHelion posted on Aug 29, 2009 at 09:48PM
Am I the only person out there who says that Resident Evil 4 took a lot of inspiration from Zelda games?

I'm a big fan of the Zelda series, althought I haven't played all games, when I bought the game and started playing it (RE4), I kinda felt like playing Zelda.

I'm not sure on exactly what, but for example, when a boss is having his intro secuence (like el gigante) I knew they wanted to add their name on the top/bottom of the screen lol.

Does anyone agree?

And by the way, the game has a similar ending to that of Metal Gear Solid.
save

Resident Evil 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Linkage said…
First lets be honest here. Your nuts if you think that. I can undertstand if you think this as far as how the weapons were used but truth be known they are both very different games.
I would say Zelda games prepares you to play other games..but to compare the two would be to compare Apples and oranges. The zelda games are not rated mature. These are games even the simplest players can pass. Resident Evil 4 takes patience to listen to whiney Ashley.It also takes focus and good aiming.
I am glad you have a positive attitude about your gaming but to compare this with the Zelda game. Seriously dude? The Zelda games are legendary amongst Nintendo players. These games are set apart from the rest of them for a reason.
However,these games were first out before any Nintendo games were.These games in the beganing were created from original Nintendo Magic.
Sadly this magic was used only in a few games...amongst these were the Legend of Zelda games as well as the series of Resident Evil. However somehow Nintendo lost this magic and gave up on the legend of zelda games. The only wii game in existance is The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. How would someone feel knowingly fully they were given up on? Example is Legend of Zelda games. And on the other hand you could be right..i don't know anymore at night i cry Princess Zelda's name out at night.
The Legend of Zelda Ocraina of Time was my second zelda game..i had the first one for my gameboy with cheap graphics and black and white with no color. Link was my hero. My question is this why did Nintendo have to end this most excellent quest? Had they continued with Legend of Zelda..there would be no need for Resident Evil as this originally was trademarked by Playstation and for the rest of the Playstation 2 and 3.
I was saddend by Nintendo announcing they gave up on their original storyline of Zelda to adopt Playstations Resident Evil series. I had great pride in Nintendo before this happend.