Supernatural Possible Flaw concerning YED (Spoilers)

fanfly posted on Oct 14, 2008 at 12:23AM
So we learn in "In the Beginning" that YED went around making deals with people so that he could visit their houses 10 years later and gain access to their children. I got to thinking about it and realized there's a flaw in Andrew Gallagher's story. He was adopted, but YED still visited him and his twin brother, who also lived with someone other than their real mother. The deal must have been made with their biological mother, she's the one who gave permission for him to come in 10 years. So how could YED enter the house of the adoptive parents? The only thing I can think of is that maybe he didn't gain permission to stop by her house, maybe he got permission to visit her future children. That's the only thing I can think of. Any thoughts?

Supernatural 2 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita 67impala said…
Was browsing the forum and found this!

That's a really interesting observation! It also begs the question as to how he was able to keep track of all these families; the womens' names would change, there may be divorces and remarriage, the families might move - and there may be adoptions! And how would he know that in exactly 10 years' time, each woman he approached would have a six-month-old child?

I guess there are some things that the producers hope the fans just won't ask! :D
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita fanfly said…
smile
Those are some great points, 67impala. Maybe there was a demon assigned to each potential mother to watch them? Although it doesn't explain how he could know that in 10 years time they'd have a kid! Unless maybe he cast some spell on them to ensure it? Obviously, there was more to this whole ritual (magic wise) than just dripping demon blood into baby's mouths. Hmm.
There are some definite flaws I think- and you're right- the producers probably just hope we won't notice or that we'll come up with our own solutions! Oh well, a few flaws don't ruin it for me! :) It would take a hell of lot to ruin this show for me. lol