The Fanfic The Darkness Rising

hollistergurl posted on Jan 01, 2012 at 12:15AM
Title: The Darkness Rising by hollistergurl and Kronos429
Rating: T (cuz we're paranoid)
Main Characters: Jace Anderson, Percy Jackson, Luke Castellan, Erebus (Gaea's brother), basically everyone from PJO + HoO
OC: Jace Anderson

Synopsis:
Gaea and Kronos are back, power hungry and wanting revenge on Olympus more than ever. They’re not the only ones back, too. The demigods of Camp Half-Blood feel an odd presence in the air after the new camper has been here for a while. Luke has somehow been brought back to the mortal world, and the demigods need to know how. And who is the mysterious new camper?

Disclaimer: Everything from PJO & HoO belongs to Rick Riordan.

A/N: There will probably be sequel(s).

Kronos429 and I will take turns posting.

COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED! :)

Other forums:

Kronos429: The Mark of Athena by Kronos429

link

Natures Cure a PJO/HoO fanfic (a collab beteen Kronos429 and pink-bookworm)
link

hollistergurl: Forever (now a series!)
link

The Heroes of Olympus Talk Show! (a collab between me, universalpowa, and nicecatch42)
link

Heroes of Olympus Musical! (a collab between universalpowa and me)
link

The Regretted Choice (a collab between me and MisterPerfect1)
link

Turning Back Time (a collab between me, universalpowa, and Meef)
link

Our forums are on Popular Content:
Kronos429;

The Mark of Athena by Kronos429, #2 on The Fanfic

hollistergurl

Forever, #5 on The Fanfic
The Regretted Choice, #3 on The Fanfic
last edited on Mar 31, 2012 at 12:23AM

The Fanfic 176 majibu

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 176

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita the-time-thief said…
big smile
This is Awesome!!!Post soon!!Love it!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita hollistergurl said…
^ thanks for commenting!
~here's a sneak preview of Chapter 1~

Chapter 1: Jace

Jace heard the thundering footsteps get closer. His breath was ragged as he tried to outrun this thing-- a giant mutated bull that wore a diaper.

What else was wrong with his life?

The rain was still coming down hard, which made it harder for Jace to run-- any slippery misstep and he would be meat for the bull who wore a diaper.
big smile
This is AWESOME!!!!! Post soon!!!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita GoddessDemeter said…
smile
that was awesome i am sooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Kronos429 said…
The minotaur? really? What's with you and wanting to repeat ideas?
oh and maybe you should put links to our forums ;)
^ good idea kronos.
here is the full chapter, and thanks to the-time-thief and GoddessDemeter for commenting :)
It's short, btw.. sorry, i'll try to make the ones after longer-- i'm sure Kronos's will be long too.

Chapter 1: Jace

Jace heard the thundering footsteps get closer. His breath was ragged as he tried to outrun this thing-- a giant mutated bull that wore a diaper.

What else was wrong with his life?

The rain was still coming down hard, which made it harder for Jace to run-- any slippery misstep and he would be meat for the bull who wore a diaper.

Jace had never seen anything like it-- sure, his life had been weird-- a girl in his 6th grade class tried to bite him, the man at the candy store had one eye, all that. But nothing was stranger than this.

Jace ran harder, his legs aching with every step he took. The bull who wore a diaper was getting closer, he could tell, but Jace didn't dare look back.

The rain peltered down even faster and harder than it had before, and finally, Jace fell, landing flat on his back. He could hear the thundering steps of the bull-- it picked him up, but then Jace felt it freeze and go slack. The bull let go of him, and as soon as Jace made contact with the ground, he could already feel himself slip away.

The last thing he saw was two people-- a boy with black hair and sea green eyes and a girl with blonde princess curls and startling, stormy gray eyes.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita swimmergirl7 said…
Thnx for posting the link Kronos!! I probably would have never looked at this! I lov the first chappie!!
big smile
Cool!! HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!!!!!!! HURRAY!!!!!!!! Made it out of 2011!!!! Now into a new year!!! Love it!! Post the rest soon!!!!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita GoddessDemeter said…
heart

Super awesome
thanks guys :)
HAPPY NEW YEAR! :D
kronos is posting next, idk when though lol
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita pink-bookworm said…
This seems really cool can't wait for next chapter.
just letting you guys know, kronos will be posting soon!
and please spread the word of this forum around, tell your friends, etc etc lol
well, you don't have to, but you get what i'm saying :)
thanks for reading everyone! (i know that was a short chapter, but i promise the next ones will be longer)
Chapter 2: Percy

I dusted the remains of the Minotaur off myself and looked at the guy on the ground. He was unconscious. That wasn’t surprising. The first time I met the Minotaur, I passed out for two days. I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t wake up for at least a day. I glanced wordlessly at Annabeth. She nodded her head slightly and pulled out a canteen of nectar. She knelt beside him and trickled some nectar down his throat. He coughed; it was a deep raspy sound. The rain slowed down. I could see the guy clearly now. He was cut, and bruised in many places. My eyes widened at the scar running down his arm. Fortunately, it wasn’t recent. Still, I wondered how he got that. It was faint, and ran from his shoulder to his wrist. I figured he’d be out for a while, so I bent down to haul him on my back. We were at least a mile away from Camp Half-Blood. I lifted him up gently, and then almost dropped him in surprise. His eyes opened wide. They were a deep black, as black as Tartarus. I shook myself off. It had to be a trick of the Mist; no one had eyes like that, no one. I set him gently on his feet. He stared at me unsteadily for a moment. After a few seconds, his eyes seemed to regain focus. I looked at his eyes. One was green and one was blue. That was strange, but not unheard of. It was more believable then pure black eyes. I decided it was just a trick of the mist.

“Where am I?” he asked me. “And who are you guys?” He pointed to me and Annabeth.

“I’m Percy Jackson, Son of Poseidon,” I said.

“Son of who?!”

“I’ll explain later,” I sighed. “This is Annabeth Chase, Daughter of Annabeth.”

“You just named Greek gods,” he said, staring at me like I was crazy. “They’re not real, just myths to explain stuff.”

Annabeth spoke up. “Look, we’ll explain everything once we get you to Camp. Chiron will explain it to you there. And what’s your name?” she added quickly.

“Jace,” he said. “Jace Anderson. And what Camp?”

“We’ve got to get going,” I said. “We don’t have much time. If Chiron is that worried…” I let myself trail off. Chiron had told us to get anyone to camp as quickly as possible. And he had sounded worried.

“Let’s go,” Annabeth said. “We don’t have any time to lose.” We still had a ways to go before we reached Camp. It would take at least twenty minutes. We couldn’t afford to waste any time. We set off, the only thing in mind: getting to Camp.
Awesome chapter.
hey guys! i'm posting, so enjoy this chapter (it's longer!!!) and please comment! :)

Chapter 3: Jace

I tried to push the Greek thoughts out of my head; those were just myths, right? They couldn’t be real, right? I mean, Hercules could never be that buff.

Percy and Annabeth were explaining the Greek stuff to me, how the gods move from place to place, choosing where Western Civilization is strongest; apparently that’s America, home of McDonald’s and Occupy Wall Street.

I guess the gods weren’t really thinking that well when they chose to live in America.

And then, they told me about this Camp, Camp Half-Blood; I barely listened to what they were saying, though, my mind occupied on something else.

What was my mom going to think, now that I’m gone?

I doubt she can see through the Mist, the thing that Percy and Annabeth say guard mortals’ minds from seeing the real stuff. I wonder if Mist smells good.

I smiled; that’s what Tamara would have said if she heard about the Mist.

But then I frowned, remembering that I would be gone from my old life; Percy and Annabeth probably manipulated the Mist so that they won’t remember me, the life that I had.

“…And now they’re rising again, which is why we’re in such a hurry explaining all of this to you.”

“Hmm.? Oh, yeah, okay.” I said, wondering what Percy said about who was rising; I should have paid attention more.

“So, how are your feelings? Nervous, excited? Do you feel like you’re gonna pee your pants?”

I looked at him, then burst out laughing. This guy, Percy, wasn’t too bad. “No, I feel as fine as a fickle.”

Percy smiled. “Never heard of that saying, but okay. Just wondering, that happened to one of our campers once.”

Annabeth shivered. “That was not fun. The whole Athena cabin had to clean up that mess.”

Percy smirked at her. “Well, it does serve you right for cheating in Capture the Flag.”

I straightened up a little after hearing about Capture the Flag; I was really good at that game, one of the most athletic boys in my grade. “You guys play Capture the Flag?”

“Well, not the normal Capture the Flag, where you just run and try to take it from the other team. It’s the same thing, getting the flag, except you use weapons.” Annabeth explained.

I grinned, “Sounds like my kind of game.”

Percy nodded. “You seem like the athletic type; you’ll probably do good in the Rock Climb.”

“Rock Climb?”

“Oh yeah, it’s where you avoid flaming lava and try not to get killed.”

“How fun.”

Annabeth smiled. “It actually is fun once you get the hang of it; of course, there are some fatalities, but you know, the Apollo campers can heal them.”

“And then they usually pass out.” Percy finished for her.

“All of this in one camp?” I asked, getting more excited about this Camp Half-Blood. I wonder if they had football games; that would just top off the icing on the cake.

“Basically.” Percy said. “You’re gonna love it there; it’s like a second home to me.”

I didn’t know about this camp being a second home, since I doubt it could be better than my first.

Thinking about my old life saddened me, and I felt my shoulders slumping like they did whenever we lost a game. I was thinking about my mom, her annoying nagging; I’ll miss that.

Okay, maybe I won’t miss washing the dishes or taking out the trash, but I’ll still miss the way she laughed and hugged me good night.

I know, I sound like a loser, but it’s true. The guys on the football team would make fun if me if they ever knew about this.

And then, I was thinking about Tamara, who’s my best friend; I had more feelings for her, wanting to tell her all of this; but of course, my chance is gone.

Thinking about my old life, my mom, Tamara, got me angry; why couldn’t I just be a normal kid? Why do I have to fight gigantic bulls who wear diapers?

Part of me wanted to really enjoy the new life I was going to have—the camp, a new set of friends, being a demi-what-you-call-it. But part of me was angry, wanting to be back in my comfy house with my mom and Tamara, my old life. Sure, I was ADHD and dyslexic, and I think Annabeth said something about that being good when you fight in battle, but my old life was good, great even. But now, I just have to throw that away?

I tried shoving the bad thoughts out of my head; after all, that’s what my psychologist told me to do; shove the bad things out of my head and count to ten.

It sounds stupid, but it works for me; I’ve got major anger issues.

The rain was coming down again, and now I finally noticed that we were flying in the air, on these winged horses. I think Annabeth called them pegasi, but I’m not sure.

Being up in the air made me nauseated and happy at the same time; I’m scared of heights, but soaring in the air on a Pegasus just made my anger go away. Combine that with the rain, then I’m one happy person. If someone gave me a pie along with that, I’d be the happiest person in the world.

I squinted as I saw some strawberry fields in the distance, and a huge dragon guarding a pine tree—wait, a huge dragon guarding a pine tree?

Percy must’ve seen my confused look, because he turned to me and smiled. “We’re getting close to Camp Half-Blood, and you’ll see weirder things than a dragon guarding a pine tree.”

I nodded, like I knew what I was expecting—I didn’t know what to expect, though. Flaming walls? Dancing ponies? Partying dogs and cats?

I took a deep breath as the pegasi were getting closer and closer to this Camp Half-Blood, awaiting my new life.
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita MisterPerfect1 said…
:D
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Ninjahorsewolf said…
heart
AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEE­EEE­EEE­SSS­SSS­SSS­SSS­SSS­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­OOO­MMM­MMM­MMM­MMM­EEE­EEE­EEE­EE!­!!!­!

That is all I have to say,no wait...

POST A.S.A.P!!!
thank you MisterPerfect1 & Ninjahorsewolf for commenting!
:D
idk yet when kronos429 will post, but probably soon
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Meef said…
Naise :3
Loved it.
YEAHHHH!! we're 3rd on popular content! woot!
and my MoA is... 2nd...? whaaa?
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DMLIME said…
smile
Another great forum written by hollistergurl and I haven't read any of yours before kronos but your really good too. I hope you post soon. I like the sound of Jace he seems cool. Like myself actually. Lol. Can you also get back to Forever and post please?!?! Either that or post soon in this.
haha, im posting soon and thanks!
my MoA is in the description above and so is Natures cure (a collab between me and pink-bookworm)
WHOA WAIT WE'RE 3RD??????????
I DID NOT NOTICE THAT WHEN I CHECKED POPULAR CONTENT!
:o
WOW... THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR READING! WE (ME & KRONOS429) REALLY APPRECIATE IT!
okay, i'll go back to normal font now :P
much better :3
NEW PAGE!!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita pjnadia said…
cake
WOOOHOOOO! HOLLISTERGURL!!!!!!!!! youre in #3 in pop. list! congrats!!!! your stories are totally awesome!!! soo plz PLZ post soon! =D and here have a cake!!!
^ thank you for reading! :D hehe
haha, first i write a chappie for my MoA. Then Nature's Cure (OR Darkness rising; whichever one)
and then the combined MoA; but im not really worried about that one... yet
lol, well post soon kronos :) no pressure.
hollister, just by saying that, you put pressure on me...
neh, wouldve finished the one for my MoA a while ago, but was watching the rusoe family wizard contest, since i missed it the first time.
Mind = blown, 'nuff said
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita lcrs50 said…
big smile
hey, this is pritty good. keep it up.

post soon, please.
^ thank you for reading & commenting! :D
smile
I know I say soon, but I really mean post now. Please. I'll do anything.....within reason.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita sparkles3 said…
this is epic!!! post soon!
lol dmlime.
eh, Idk when I will post.
So hold your horses (especially if it's one like arion)
;p
Just wondering, anyone else here an Inheritance fan??? AND....I like green........
I love inheritance :D
Lol and haven't even read the series. More interested in Merlin.
:O

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita crazypegesus980 said…
I REALLY DIDNT LIKE THE ENDING TO INHERITANCE........did anyone hear anything about him making more books
i've never read Inheritance, lol :P
isn't that like, Eragon or whatever?
Yeah it is.
ooh, kk.
yuup, never read it :P
post soon Kronos!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita pjnadia said…
lol! no problem hollistergurl and krons429! i really like you stories their awesome!!! but plz post soon!
smile
Crazypegasus, he said he wants to do another cycle. Hopefully.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Ninjahorsewolf said…
I wish I read Inheritance.But I haven't even read Brisinger yet so I AM SCREWED!!!! Sadly.

POST SOON!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Kaia143 said…
smile
I really love the story guys!!!!!!!!!!! Its really awesome!!
Ninjahorsewolf Brisingr is probably the best because the ending in Inheritance wasn't great. I suggest you read it! Also post soon Kronos! Dying of suspense here!
Kaia143, thank you for reading and commenting! :)
and yeah, post soon Kronos, lol..