The Fanfic Darkscale

dragonsmemory posted on Jun 11, 2012 at 10:19PM
A HARRY POTTER FANFIC

Rating: T (may contain cursing and/or mildly suggestive themes)
Disclaimer: I might have been born July 31st, I might be a good writer, but that doesn't make me J.K. Rowling, the true Master of Death (and creator of our beloved HP). I wish I was. Ah, to hex with it. On with the story!
A/N: This idea came to me like it was Summoned. It hit me like a snowball to the back if the head. It hit me like a troll club. I just had to write it down before…before…*shudders*
Just kidding. Anywho, this is a multi-chapter, drabble-ish sort of story. The dragons featured here most closely resemble sauropod dinosaurs with theropod heads. These dragons do breathe fire and use their own brand of magic.
WARNING: Reading this fic may cause uncontrollable arm spasms, reconsidering everything you thought you knew, and shortness of breath. It is recommended that you do not read this fic on a full stomach…or an empty one, for that matter.

Harry Potter always knew he was different. He knew thanks to the Dursleys and school. They called him freak, they beat him up(when they could catch him). But nobidy, NOBODY, would have guessed how different Harry really was. Not until he started flying.

The Fanfic 4 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita dragonsmemory said…
CHAPTER 1

Harry Potter was running. He could hear the other boys behind him, their voices eager. They wanted him to slow down, to stop, so they could resume their torture. Well, Harry was having no more of that today.
Even though Harry was barely ten, he was a gifted runner. He had always been rather small and skinny, but that gave him an advantage in these races.
Right now, he was never more grateful for his running ability. He was sprinting full-out across the parking lot of the school. It was a wide, open space with little cover. Harry was fast, but he didn't have the endurance to keep this up much longer. Pretty soon, he'd slow down, enough for the other boys to catch him. He couldn't let rhat happen.
There were some conveniently located Dumpsters by the wall of the kitchen building. Harry chanced a look back at his pursuers. They were gaining. He had one chance. He pushed his left foot against the pavement, launching himself into theair, aiming tok leap behind the Dumpsters. But something seemed off. Somehow he had erred on the amount of force he put on his foot, for he was now twelve feet in the air. TWELVE FEET?!?
Nextf thing Harry knew, he was perched atop the school kitchens, looking down at his pursuers. His stomach rumbled, even though lunch had been barely half an hour ago. Harry looked around at the scene. If he got down now, no one would ask any questions, but he'd get beaten up. However, if he waited, he'd be spared a beating, but someone would start asking awkward questions. He opted for thed latter.

"How did you get on the roof?" Uncle Vernon asked, grabbing Harry roughly by his untidy black hair. They were at home, and the Dursleys were tryingg to get answers out of Harry. Answers he knew he didn't have.
"I don't know."
"What happened." His uncle's growl was threatening, but not overly so.
"I was running, and I went to jump behind some trash caans, but the wind must've caught me in the middle of the jump." Harry's answer didn't seem to satisfy his "family," as they locked him in his cupboard. Hed didn't mind too muchh, it was mostly the lack if food that bothered him. So, Harry coiled up on his bed for a nap, wishhing for revenge.
THIS STORY IS ON HIATUS. IT WILL RESUME SOON. PLEASE COMMENT. THE MORE COMMENTS, THE SOONER THE STORY WILL RESUME. THANK YOU.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DMLIME said…
Ha, thats quite good, is it all about harry before hogwarts? How does that involve dragons?
Actually, no. Chapter 1 just set the stage for the rest of the story. It's more of a recap of the canin event mentioned in SS. This chapter hereis where it really picks up. Harry's first Quidditch match. I'llshut up so you can watch now.

CHAPTER 2
Years passed. Many more unusual things happened to Harry. Of course he did manage a bit of revenge on Dudley by setting a snake on him at the zoo. He had laughed about that one for weeks.
Of course, being told he was a wizard by a gentle giant certainly shocked him. In fact, that bit of news rattled him to the core. That day had been full of so much. He was stilltrying to digest it all.

Once November started and Harry gad demonstrated his unusual flying abilities (well, unusual to everyone else), it came time for the first match of the Quidditch season. Despite Oliver Wood's desperation to keep Harry a secret, the news leaked out. That didn't do anything to help Harry's nerves. If anything, it made things worse.

Harry clutched his broom. For some reason, it didn't feel the same to him as it did earlier in the week. Unfortunately, there was nothing he could do about it.
When Madam Hooch blew her whistle, he rose up into the air with the others. Wait a minute. He never evenmounted his broom. He tuhrned around and looked behind him. A pair of leathery black wings had sprouted from his back and were keeping him aloft, without the need ffor a broomstick.
He flew around for a bit, getting used to his wings before searching for the Snitch. Unfortunately, the Slytherin Seeker saw it at almost the same time. Harry flapped hard, gaining speed. He reached out his hand, trying to get the tiny gold ball.
Just as Harry's fingers clamped down on the Snitch, Higgs, the Slytherin Seeker, crashed into Harry's wings, fouling them both up. Higgs plummeted to the ground and was knocked out, while Harry stayed aloft, hovering awkwardly. Nobody was cheering, they were so confused. Things never looked worse for the Boy Who Lived.