The Heroes of Olympus A Quick Book Cover Analysis (Mark of Athena) And Some Possibilities ...

MitchKristelle posted on Jun 07, 2012 at 05:51PM
So the cover's finally out! So what happens in the book (usually the climax) gets featured on the cover.

On the left, that's Jason (main character, blond hair, and violet shirt, no doubt that's him), holding an Imperial gold sword. Lightning is streaking overhead because of him. He's riding on an unknown horse--whether that's Arion or Reyna's pegasus (it doesn't appear to have wings though, so the best guess is still Arion) or another new horse, we're not yet that sure ...

On the right, of course, is Percy (main character, black hair, orange shirt. absolutely Jackson), holding Anaklusmos (Riptide), and the water below is controlled by him. He's riding on Blackjack, although for all we know, that could be Porkpie or Guido, but that's not very likely. I say that's his trusty, loyal pegasus, Blackjack.

It looked like they were fighting, weren't they? Roman versus Greek? Why were they fighting? And what were they fighting for?
Nevertheless, this could also symbolize Jason and Percy fighting TOGETHER, not each other. Percy should be the "GLUE" right?

Then those creepy owl eyes (They're definitely an owl's. Makes sense, 'cause owl's a symbol of Athena--hold it--SYMBOL ... MARK ... Could the owl be the Mark of Athena?)

Rick Riordan ‏@camphalfblood
RT @badbanana "The best revenge is living well plus revenge." The goddess Nemesis approves this message. You'll meet her in Mark of Athena.
^
| So in that tweet of Rick's he gave us a hint that Nemesis will be appearing on the book, too. And on his site, the review said ...

In her pocket Annabeth carries a gift from her mother that came with an unnerving demand: Follow the Mark of Athena. Avenge me. Annabeth already feels weighed down by the prophecy that will send seven demigods on a quest to find—and close— the Doors of Death. What more does Athena want from her?[i/]

Revenge will be a big part of MoA then. Athena tells Annabeth to [i]avenge
her, and Rick says Nemesis will appear, too.

I sense danger. Do you?

PLEASE do tell me. I want to know what YOU think will happen. :)

(xoxo MitchKristelle)
just so finnicking excited ...
 So the cover's finally out! So what happens in the book (usually the climax) gets featured on the cov
last edited on Jun 07, 2012 at 10:34PM

The Heroes of Olympus 3 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita MitchKristelle said…
1-
a.) Annabeth will die.
b.) Annabeth will live, and will be one of the Seven.

2-
a.) Percy and Jason will fight each other, fueled by the old feud (Romans vs. Greeks), and praetorship, and leadership in the quest.
b.) Percy will succeed in being the GLUE, so both sides will fight alongside each other.

3-
a.) Leo is the reincarnated Sammy.
b.) Leo IS Sammy, but maybe like Captain America, he was frozen on earth, and woke up on this generation.
c.) Leo is a great-great-great-great-great grandson of Sammy Valdez.

4-
a.) Jason will pick Reyna over Piper.
b.) Jason will pick Piper over Reyna.

5-
a.) Nico has died in the Doors of Death when he found them.
b.) Nico has found the Doors, but is imprisoned there forever without the Seven.

6-
a.) Octavian dies.
b.) Octavian lives.

7-
a.) Percy won't make the "hard sacrifice" but ended up sad
b.) Percy will make the "hard sacrifice", but still ended up sad.

so Seven for the Prophecy of Seven. What do you think will happen to the Prophecies; the Mark of Athena, the Doors of Death, our heroes' fates?

Feel free to share your theories for I'd like to read them :)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita 123celine12345 said…
that horse of jason was TEMPEST, HIS VENTUS (STORM SPIRIT) REMEMBER HOW IT WAS DESCRIBED IN THE LOST HERO BY LEO? IT'S SHAPED LIKE A HORSE WITH ELECTRIC PLUGS. SO THAT MUST BE TEMPEST!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita MitchKristelle said…
I rememberrr!!!! Yeeaah that MUST be tempest!! :D