Torchwood Oh my goodness! siku 5!!!!!

Storystuff posted on Jul 10, 2009 at 09:13PM
If you haven't seen it, don't read these comments, but if you have:
1.OMG! Wat do you think about wat Jack did at the end? To his grandkid?
2.Do you think there will be a series 4 with Jack in it after wat he did rite at the very end?

Torchwood 22 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Elma05 said…
I like can't believe what just happened. Everyone in torchwood has gone Ianto, Owen, and Tosh. Now Jack has left. Only Gwen and Rhys are left. It was really sad when Jack killed his grandson and weird. They could still do another series I suppose, but I don't think Jack would be in it. They could do a series with Lois, Gwen and Rhys with a new torchwood. Plus introduce new members of torchwood. It would be really weird and wouldn't feel like torchwood, not with most of the original members gone. im not sure if i would want another series now.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Storystuff said…
Yeh, I agree, another series wud probably not hav Jack in it. Can we 4give jack 4 wat he did to his grandkid? That was nesasery, but cruel. I don't know if he'll come back, he's too guilty bout it I guess. But I hope he comes back. Maybe though, he'll go and do a bit of dr who n then come back 2 torchwood? that'd make sense
yeah maybe. maybe they could get martha to be part of a new torchwood series. It would still be weird tho, plus they would have to like somehow get a new base and i cant see how gwen and rhys would just been able to set up a new torchwood just like that. i suppose it was nesisary with the kid. i suppose it kind of reminds you that this is torchwood, and the writers don't like to put leave happy endings. After all its not doctor who.
Yeh, maybe to da Martha thing. I ws just saying how Torchwood is harsher than Dr Who on Yahoo answers. How wud Gwen fight aliens though without Jacks information on aliens?
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
The thing is though, if there was another series you can just tell that something bad will happen to gwen by the end of it. she would probably die in the next series. although torchwood did exist before jack joined it, and they still have the torchwood software. plus gwen will have a kid, if they do another series. that could get complicated. but if the ratings are really high, then they might want to do another series. so it is quite likily. maybe they will wait a few years. it all seems very complicated. but the new team could be made of gwen, lois, rhys, martha, then they would definately need at least one other bloke, and it cant be pc andy cos thats just getting ridiculus.
Yeh, I reckon something bad wud happen 2 gwen 2. Apparently, Russel says that Torchwood series 4 is ready to go if the BBC lets them show it. I don't think that Gwen's kid wud complicate things much. Oh, and torchwood yes did exsist b4 jack, but it was the bad torchwood, not the one we know and love (it was the one that let the ghosts in Army of ghost (a doctor who episode) come to earth. I reckon Jack will come back, he will just need time, so he mite come back like 1/2 way through the series. It could be complicated, but I reackon the writers will sort something out :-)
P.s Elma05, do u watch Doctor Who, I do and Jack is awesome on that 2 :-)
yeah, i watch doctor who. i suppose he could come back, although now that he has gone off, he could go and become the face of bo. yh im sure the writers will go and suprise us. maybe they wont kill gwen, cos they might think that we're suspecting that they might do that. if they do another series, do you think it will go back to being a 13 episode series, or a 5 episode series.
Hmm. Well, Russle T Davies says that he already has series 4 ready to go but I suspect it'll be a 13 episoder. I suppose Jack could go off to be the face of Boe, but for some reason I think that that won't happen for a while. I think he'd go completely grey, then wrinkly and then he'd turn into the face of Boe. I agree with you, I do recko the writers will surprise us. I mean, everything they've done so far has been a surprise (for me anyway), like Ianto dying.
Do u think Ianto will eva come back? I'd love him2, but with this being torchwood and the whole face of boe thing with Jack, I don't thik he will :-(p.s, wen do u think the BBC will announce if they are letting Torchwood stay or not?
i would like ianto to come back. well i would like it owen and tosh could come back too, but i dont think that will happen. it really suprised me when they killed ianto, cos i was kind of thinking their team is down to 3, they wont want to make it smaller. yh i think it would take ages for jack to become the face of boe. im not sure when the bbc will say if torchwood would carry on. hmm probably it would take roughly the same amount of time as for us to find out that there was going to be a third series. but im sure there wont be any more torchwood at least until next year. plus i wonder whether series 5 (the series after all these random specials that the bbc are doing)of doctor who will start before the next torchwood series.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita amaleela said…
big smile
I would love there to be a 4th series, torchwood is so cool, I would love to see Gwen with her new baby!

I think Jack is a rigth monster, how could he do that to his grandson and his daughter!!! I think it was a great episode filled with surprises!

I can see why at the beggining the man said definately NOT for children! My mum watched it this morning and said that she didn't like it and that it was really gruesome!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love it if ianto came back!

I agree with elma05 and storystuff, if they did a nother series of torchwood only with gwen and like 4 new people i wouldn't like it as again like elma05 aand storystuff it wouldn't feel like the proper Torchwood.

My favourite episode out of day 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 is day 4 and 5, because it showed a wide range of emotion and great acting skills from Gwen and Ianto.

I love Torchwood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
elma05: Wud luv Ianto to come back also. I reckon, if the bbc lets them stay, we wud see torchwood 4 at the same time as dr who 5, becos aparently they are going to be more linked this time. Did u cry at Ianto dying, cos i did! I was SO shocked!!!

amaleela: I agree with you that Torchwood wudn't be the same with 4 new people. But I don't think that Jack is a monster, becos I know that wat he did was bad, but he didn't have any other choice really and he's only like the Doctor (If you've seen dr who) cos the doctor killed his entire PLANET to save the galaxy, so wat jack did was like the same, he killed his grandson to save the world. If u get wat I mean. So I don't think he'd a monster, I just think that he had a harsh decision, so the outcome was always gunna b harsh. Hope i make sense!
i would like ianto to come back + owen + tosh. i liked them all. im not sure if we would see them at the same time. (unless we saw torchwood in doctor who again) cos they need time to film both. plus if they both came out at the same time, they might have to fight each other for times, but maybe not seening as torchwood tends to be on later than dr who. i dont really get how jack will be able to find the doctor again unless he comes bk to earth. well there is a chance, but it would be a bit unlikely that they would just be able to find each other, when both of them are travelling the universe.

i was so shocked when ianto died. at first i thought he wouldnt actually die. that he would come back or still be alive. i didnt actually cry. i think i was in to much shock to cry. i cryed a bit when owen and tosh died. the last episode at the end i was like nooo. i was so shocked.
Really gud point about them coming on together :-) I suppose they cud come back, i mean tosh and owen and Ianto, but this being torchwud i don't think they will, especially tosh and owen. But maybe Ianto. I was sad at the end of the last episode too :-(
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita RoyGordon said…
I'm afraid there will not be any more 'Torchwood' John Barrowman confirmed this in a recent interview. He is very unhappy about it, he felt that there was more life in the series. However, the BBC has just had a massive spending review and series like Torchwood etc are being axed to save money.

That is why most of the characters were killed off and the last remaining Torchwood bases were destroyed in the 5 parter.
crying
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! RoyGordon, where did you find this out??? No more torchwood? NOOOOOOOOOOO! If they really are cutting torchwood, I'm gunna fight them all the way.
O.K, just bin doing some research:
A blog spot devoted to Torchwood released information on the 11th of July, 1 week ago, saying that the Torchwood cast are taking a break 4 a wile, saying that Eve Myles will be appearing alongside Trevor Eve in a show called Framed, that will be aired winter this year. John Barrowman says that he is going around the world with Myleene Class for a children in need special for next year titled "Around the world in 80 days". So if we were to expect any more torchwood it would be like winter next year. BUT I did see an interview on the 15th of July (3 days ago) with Eve miles. Interestingly, she thinks that there will be a series 4 'cos the interviewer suggested an idea for the next series and Eve said: "I might ask Russell if I can do that in the next series". Obviously she ment series 4, as this was only 3 days ago. Then, this happened:

So the third series of Torchwood is this five-part mini-series. Are there plans for any more episodes beyond that?

EM:I have absolutely no idea. It depends very much on how this one is received I suppose, and we'll take it from there.

From wat I've heard, series 3 was recieved well, with episode 5 being the 4th most watched show that nite.

Then some random guy on this forum said Torchwood Series 4 begins airing next March 2010. But like, he cud be wrong, he's a randomer that we don't know :-)

So I guess we will just have to wait and see.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita RoyGordon said…
John Barrowman gave a number of interviews recently concerning Torchwood. Two in particular here in the UK, one on a day-time womans programme and another on a national radio show, definately had him very angry about the axing of Torchwood. He has hinted that Captain Jack may make an appearance in a future Dr Who episode. There were apparently plans for a series dedicated to Captain Jack, called provisionally 'The Adventures of Captain Jack', I believe that this will now not be going ahead.

I cannot see a future for Torchwood anymore, practically all the crew of the Torchwood facilities in Wales were killed off, Torchwood facilities in London were destroyed in a Dr Who episode, and its pretty certain that the other Torchwood centers and crew members were got rid off during the 5 parter (Jack was just one Torchwood member on the hit list given to the assassin squad).

British TV, and the BBC in particular are known to kill off series in this fashion, anyone remember what they did in 'Blakes 7'?
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita e_llenn said…
maybe jack comes back after being gone for ages, and gwens kid is older??? and maybe when gwens nearly dead (from old age).

HE HAS TO BRING IANTO BACK. maybe the doctor could help :)

and he wont become the face of boe for like billions or years!? its not like he will age immensely overnight.

yeah torchwood isnt torchwood with out jack :) and ianto.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita amy_oth said…
I think there will be a series 4 - "Day One" had 40% of the UK population watching it, with more and more towards the end of the week.
Russel T. Davies said that if the ratings for Children of Earth were good he would fight for another series. Of course it would be a different writer/producer/director, but I think they will carry on.
I also think John Barrowman will reprise his role as Captain Jack. I saw JB in concert earlier this year and he mentioned filming for the next series. This was after Children of Earth had finished filming. I also met him afterwards and he said that he "would not let Torchwood die."

As for what Captain Jack had to do to his grandson, I think it was necessary. One child dies to save 3 billion - I think they're fair odds. He's had to make a lot of sacrifices during his time in Torchwood and this was another one.
amy_oth, thats a gr8 reply. ROyGordon was rite wen he sed that things luked bleak, with the bbc axing so many shows, but with so many fans (including me), Russel AND John all fiting for it to be kept AND the huge viewing numbers, torchwood may hav another shot. Gud point about his grandkid amy_oth, it was nessasery. The doctor killed his whole planet to save the universe.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita XxTheWriterxX said…
heart
Poor Ianto! I didnt cry, but god, was it sad!! And poor Jack, he must feel guilty of the whole thing! I sure do hope there is another season.

I would do anything for Ianto to come back, and for Jack and Ianto to live happily ever after!! Thanks to everyone who left comments, i read every single one of them, and i cant express how much i want another season of Torchwood.

ROCK ON JANTO!!!!
smile
XxTheWriterxX that is adorable :-)