Mafuatano ya Twilight Cover meanings!

shortynme posted on Apr 16, 2008 at 03:49PM
I'm sure everyone knows what Twilight's meaning is (forbidden fruit). But what about New Moon's? And Eclipse's? What do the covers represent, to you?

Mafuatano ya Twilight 47 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita shortynme said…
Fine then! Since no one will post on my forum I'll do it! lol
I really have no clue what New Moon's cover means, so I won't even try lol.
To me Eclipse is like Bella ripping away from Jacob. There are little strings still attached and wisps of them floating away, but she has to break away from him, in order for either of them to be happy. So sad :(!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita edwardsgrl said…
new mooo doesnt really have a meaning hee this s what stehanie meyer said:
A. That is a ruffled tulip. As for the meaning... If you've read the Twilight FAQ, you know that the apple cover had a lot of meaning for me, and I was an active part of the covering process. However, that experience is more the exception than the rule in the publishing world. Something to keep in mind if you intend to embark on a career as a writer: lots of things you might expect to be under your control are not. Covers, for example. Those are mostly up to the publisher and the marketing and sales departments. So I don't know what the tulip means—I didn't have anything to do with this one.

Boo! Poor Stephenie. lol Thanks for the info edwardsgrl!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita omfgXD said…
Eclipse was the ribbon. I remember reading somewhere that the ribbon represented Bella breaking away from herself. But I think it's more about Bella making a choice between Jacob & Edward.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Gabitha said…
im just going to say that this is SUCH a repeat that has been asked in the fourms and in picks so many times that is not just funny anymore!! Ok look around before you post fourms such as this or even just go onto SM website to find it.

my response to another one of these questions:

Th is has been asked so many times and answered so many times!!

You can get it all from stephenie meyers website!

Twilight: "The apple on the cover of Twilight represents "forbidden fruit." I used the scripture from Genesis (located just after the table of contents) because I loved the phrase "the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil." Isn't this exactly what Bella ends up with? A working knowledge of what good is, and what evil is. The nice thing about the apple is it has so many symbolic roots. You've got the apple in Snow White, one bite and you're frozen forever in a state of not-quite-death... Then you have Paris and the golden apple in Greek mythology—look how much trouble that started. Apples are quite the versatile fruit. In the end, I love the beautiful simplicity of the picture. To me it says: choice." source: stephenie meyer

New Moon: That is a ruffled tulip. Covers, for are mostly up to the publisher and the marketing and sales departments. So stephenie meyer does not know what the tulip means— she didn't have anything to do with this one.

Eclipse: The ribbin means breaking ties, Bella and Jake.

[Edit]You can get all of this from stephenie meyers website which is where i got this!!! link

Why thank you Gabitha, but I did ask what the covers meant to YOU. If the questions are so annoying, don't bother answering them :)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Lulu152 said…
well then dont ask them and we will all be happy!!! yayayayay happy
Wow Lulu152, do you really have no life?
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita willalameda917 said…
To me the meaning of new moon is that it represents Bella's state of being while Edward is gone. Before he left, she was alive and prospering as well as growing in love. But as he left she soon began to die in a sense. So when a flower dies it starts to wilt. Therefore that is the significant meaning I get from the ruffled tulip on the cover. It just simply symbolizes the state Bella was in throughout New Moon.
Thanks willalameda917. I never thought of it that way. That's cool.
Im just going to say that something only has one meaning. While you can look at it in different ways and have it represent different things for you it still only has one meaning and thats the meaning of the person who created it, in this case stephenie meyer.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita CagedBird said…
I agree with Gabitha this is a repeat!! Dont you understand what a repeat is then? Its really stupid to post the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over WHY DO YOU??
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita willalameda917 said…
If im correct, then I heard Stephenie say in one of the interviews that she had no idea what the flower trully stood for. Nevertheless, not to be rude to anyone but if you honestly can't stand other people's bullitens whether they are repeating an already stated question or not, then do not bother dealing with them. Simply stay away from those that aggravate or provoke you.
If you cant come up with a good comeback dont say one! (thought of the day via Lulu152 directed at no one in particular) * see above
Thank you Willalameda917. Sorry to say but some people haven't been members of the sites for a long time, so if you haven't noticed, a lot of questions/picks/pictures/posts/forums etc. get repeated. So if you don't like them, don't read them and don't reply.
Are you that dim? I have not been a fan of this spot that long yet I AM SICK OF YOU! and REPEATS! LOOK BEFORE YOU POST!!!!!!!!
and HOW has lulu152 got no life or was it just a really bad comeback?
Wow, you're having some PMS huh cagedbird. I did look before I posted. If you didn't bothing reading my question which clearly says: ". . . What do the covers represent, to you?" then why the hell are you replying? And frankly, if all you want to do is post a reply, to a question you clearly didn't read, to defend someone then maybe you should find something more productive to do with your life. :)
You don't even know the meaning of PMS girl! ne na ne en enrt tnserklfjsdkln cfsdklf kghjfghd jg tdf jhjhf jh uktg rf khkguyrf khkjgyjruyi hjvhgdrtih kjgikt7iot oiljkm huky thats what you sound like! JUNK! there is only ONE meaning to something and if you are so dim and can not get that meaning then you should not be reading the books! i DID read the question and i will 'defend' anyone who has the same opinion as me when we are RIGHT and you are wrong and DIM! And are you so silly that you can not even answer a question! HOW has lulu152 got no life or was it just a really bad comeback? becasue im starting to think that it just WAS A REALLY REALLY BAD COMEBACK! HA ha ah ah have you got nothing better to do with your life then to look up if a question has been asked then post it agian? Now THATS what i call having no life!
Oh my gosh CagedBird you are so right! I plot my whole life around annoying you! Wow. . . I feel so complete now. Maybe I didn't answer your question because I don't care to explain to you. So defend away, I really don't care. Excuse me while I dream about how to piss you off more. Hmmm what's a question that is always posted? Oh I got it: "Who do you like more Edward or Jacob, and why?" That's a good one! . . . you can stop posting now because no one wants to hear you speak CagedBird.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ShanieK said…
Good hell people... calm down.
lol hehe, CagedBird got baned! Yay! Thanks Papa! You saved us all lot of annoyance and grief!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita helloworlditsme said…
Thats not something to laugh at shortynme CagedBird had their opinion - a little rude but she was allowed that. So was everyone in this fourm adn thats what this is for sharing opinions. :D btw i think Gabitha is right no more repeats please?

[edit]i agree with ShanieK someone needs to open a door or something here as its getting a bit hot and btw CagedBird is only causing you annoyance and grief so....
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Sorry, I didn't want to be rude about CagedBird, but this wasn't the only place she was being rude to me. So I'm glad to see her go. :)
But you were being rude to me, remember acording to you i have no life, so if all those who are being rude to people should be banned then shouldnt you aswell? sorry if thats a repeated question... but come on people i think we should all move on as it is forum and that is a place where people express their opinions but hows about we keep it friendly and accept peoples opinions even if they are different to yours.
Amen Lulu, Where else was cagedbird being rude?
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita kermitroxmysox said…
lol. i would like to put my two cents in if that is alright.
**disclaimer** i would like to touch on a few points in a non-biased and tactful manner. i am not trying to be rude so if anyone is offended you may state so but please give the courtesy of stating so in a friendly manner. i want a conversation not an argument. thank you.
firstly.
Shortynme, i understand the question you we're trying to ask but i think the better word to use is interpret. like Stephanie Meyer said "the apple has so many symbolic roots" she decided to use the apple as a symbol of the bible verse. the apple represented this verse, the verse represented belle’s entire journey throughout the book. 498 pages whittled down into 29 words. however, the photo can still be interpreted to mean a number of things like Stephanie Meyer said.
when i first saw the cover at the library (I had no idea what the book was about) i immediately thought of snow white. after reading the book i interpreted it differently, though i still thought the initial image I had in my head held true, knowledge made the picture even more symbolic to the story.
Anyway what I’m saying (cuz I did have a point to my ramblings) is simply that gabitha was right and wrong. That which you choose to represent something does simply that; represent it, the idea. However, the image you choose does not exclusively represent that idea. Because people interpret things based on what they know or have experienced nothing ever has one meaning. For example… a painting. The artist might be expressing one thing, emotion or idea, what have you. But you still project yourself upon it meaning you take from it something completely different. Even if you know what the artist was trying to say.
My second point [will not take so long]. Gabitha actually started this whole mess (not pointing fingers honestly), unintentionally though (seeee?). Gabithas initial post was informative, and truly the correct answer to the question (see how misusing words can get you in trouble shortynme?), albeit a little harsh in the beginning. Gabitha gave shortnyme the answer she thought she wanted, they could have simply kept their answer to themselves, they were trying to help. shortnyme on the other hand took the first bit a little too personally. That’s how this whole thing started. caged bird on the other hand is simply wound too tight and after a few posts shortnyme should have realized this and just let it be. Lulu I think was trying to end it before it began, but shortnyme took it a little too personal. No ones really at fault for this whole thing I’m just trying to wade through all this talk to understand how it could escalate to the point of someone getting banned. Is caged bird banned for good or just like from posting comments on this one issue? I’m not quite sure how those things work.
I think those are all my points. Seems like I had more *scratches head* oh well. This post has already gotten outta hand. If you read this all the way through to the end thanks for sticking with me. I honestly have no life or at least very little interesting conversation.
I was with you till the end lol i also had a little of the *scratches head* feeling :D CagedBird seems to be banned for good. I did not mean to start this but it did get out of hand and that was really not my fault
Yeah I addmitt I did take things personally. Bad time of the month. But Cagebird wasn't just being mean to me here. I can handle one girl ganging up on me. But when she goes to other spots that I'm on and starts to mock me there too, she took it a little too far. I reported her and got a reply from Papa saying she was banned. Sorry to everyone and anyone if I was mean to you. I really am a nice person, and trying to be less angry (time of the month winding down lol) So I hope you can all forgive me and that we can get along better from now on.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita kermitroxmysox said…
lol. sorry. that was my first post... EVER. actually it was my second but the first was nothing like that it was like an 1/16 of that. i just went off. it was reeeaaaally late and i just couldn't stop typing. woops. i don't think there is any blame to place just a series of events... a comedy of errors. though maybe not so funny near the end. ah well. shortnyme what other posts did cagedbird drop in on?
Hey, it's all good! There were a few others on other fansites, but Papa deleted them when he banned her. So *shrugs*.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Kurt82 said…
Holy crap kermitroxmysox!!! write much llol. this form is hillarious no offence anyone..i dont know even what to sya anymore after reading all this!!! lol sry
I know i find this ALL very very funny! lol :D
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita patrick969 said…
hey guys can we get back to the topick of what the covers mean TO YOU

twilight: the apple is bella's heart. the apple is sweat so he would like to eat it but there could be a worme in the apple and this would be discusting (yea i know it dousent make mutch sence but it dous to me)

new moon: this cover has small amounts of green in it and i think that represents the love for jackob but it is small and insignificant on the rest of the rose that holdes hor painful love for edwerd

eclipse: i think the ribon is actualy fixing itself not ripping and this is bella's heart mending after edwerds absence

PS: yea i know im a guy who reads twilight go ahed and laugh see if i care XP
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita edwardswifeyy said…
to patrick969 it really depends for new moon on what book you have because it has a variety of covers for example yours may have green but my cover is a ruffled tulip with no green at all on the cover... but to me new moon represents a bleeding flower like bella in pain and the small petal falling off would represent bella drifting away

the ribbon on eclipse represents the bond between bella and jacob breaking apart

breaking dawn's cover represents the red pawn in the back being jacob who is a pawn **a common piece that is less important** becoming evil so he is red and far away showing he is getting farther from bella and the white king piece is very important and represents edward being good and getting closer to bella
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Edward-Bella707 said…
I have No idea what the cover of New Moon stands for however i remeber reading somewhere that The cover on Eclipse stands for how bella can not completlty rip away from her human life( on the cover most on the ribbon is ripped but not all).
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Edward-Bella707 said…
Breaking Dawn : I think most of us think it stands for sothing along the lines of Jacob is the red pawn in the background and Edward is the King =).
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita latinlove said…
Well. the cover of Twilight is resembling the forbidden fruit. The fruit is Bella and her blood is forbidin to Edward no matter how much he may want it. So it is representing how bella is the frobidin fruit to edward. New moon the cover is symbolizing how bella is comming apart. The pettal falling off of the tulip looks like a tear and represents how edward has fallen out of bella's life and she is bleeding (thats why its red) for him. Eclipse has the broken ribbon on the front and that represents how Bella loves edward and jacob and she is torn because she can't have them both. It shows how her love for Jacob and her love for Edward can't coexist together and she is being torn apart. The pawn ,the little red chess piece, represents bella as a human, weak and red because blood runs through her veins. The queen represents how she becomes strong and beautiful when she is transformed into a vampire. hope this helped.

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita drgroz said…
The tulip on New Moon has no significance at all. Stephenie had no input in that cover. The ribbon on Eclipse represents Bella not quite able to break away from her human life. Breaking Dawn's cover represents the two Bellas. The red pawn represents Bella's weak, human side. The white queen represents Bella's strong vampire side. She begins the saga the weakest character and ends the saga as the strongest.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita sweet_twilight said…
What I think the cover means to me?

Twilight: Bella has to decide whether or not to take a bite of the apple, whether Bella wants to be with Edward or not. It's her choice. So the apple symbolizes their love. The title Twilight to me means that you love is like Twilight. The safest time of the day, when a new day ends something like that.

New Moon: I have the ruffled tulip no green what so ever. I've actually never seen that cover but yeah. Well it's the darkest period in their relationship. The ruffled tulip represents Bella who is heart broken. The blood is Edward's with him being a vampire and all. The blood has left a mark on the ruffled tulip, like Edward left a mark on Bella and Bella wont forget as Edward wont forget her. New Moon the title means when there is no moon. As Bella refers to Edward as the moon.

Eclipse: The ribbon represents her love. Red = Love. Bella is the torn piece. Her love for Jacob is the smaller part and her love for Edward is the bigger part. She loves them both. But she cant live without Edward which makes him the bigger piece. The title Eclipse is when the sun and the moon cross each other. Bella refers to Edward as the moon, as I said before and she refers to Jacob as her sun. So when they cross each other is makes an Eclipse.

Breaking Dawn: Is how Bella has progressed throughout the series. The red pawn the weakest pieces in chess. Bella was the weakest character, human full of blood and she fell in love with a vampire. Her biggest threat. From that she becoming a vampire herself. The Queen, one of the strongest pieces in a chess game. It was white to show a vampire. She become one of the strongest characters after the saga.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita TwilightSucksHA said…
CageBird rules! you all suck! i hate twilight!
shortynme has no life!
atleast according to her hair she dont.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita sophie28357 said…
okay for the stupid persons of the world that say that they are twilight fans but they are not...
twilight: the apple is the cursed apple of the bible
new moon: for the ones like me that have thew one of the tulip, it doesnt really have a meaning because the editors of the book didnt let stephanie choose the cover
eclipse: is the string of life of bella being broken because of her transformation being confirmed
breaking dawn: i dont really now
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita kittyindanger said…
tongue
Right, I know the answer to this :')

TWILIGHT - as most people know, the apple represents the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden/Garden of Creation. Shows that Isabella shouldn't want Edward, or is not allowed to have him and vise versa. But as in the story of creation, the forbidden fruit is still taken. And fed from!

NEW MOON - The tulip. That is meant to represent the blossoming of their love. The half open Tulip. However the tulip is tainted with blood. And a piece is falling off. Showing that (the piece falling off) Edward is leaving Bells and it hurts them both. Nearly kills them both. As the Tulip is beautiful, shows that their love is a beautiful but tainted thing.

ECLIPSE - is indeed meant to show that Bella has to break ties. But if you notice only a small part of the ribbon is ripped off and the larger part is still in tacked. If you have read the book, you will know that Bella mentions something about Jacob being a smaller part of her heart that is being ripped apart from her leaving a smaller hole then Edward did.

BREAKING DAWN - is chess pieces, this shows Bella's progress throughout the series. From a weak piece on the board or of the whole (the pawn) to the most important and strong piece (the queen). The reason the chess pieces are Red and then White is to signify the change between Bella's blush & Bella's white skin!

Ohhh yeaaaaa get me being all brainy!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita jay_teamRenesme said…
cool
I think sweet-twilight might have it mostly correct. However I will say this. If as Stephanie Meyers said she had nothing to do with the covers (maybe the first) then the real question might be closer to what did the marketing department intend to express by using the images they did.
As I said Sweet-twilight had most of it right. the only thing I would change is the red pawn would actually represent Renesmee. By the end of Eclipse we already knew Bella was getting married and thus changed. so she wasn't the pawn or even the weakest character in the story. Who could be in more need of protection than a baby or small child. the white queen or is it King (don't play chess so not real sure of which it is) would be the Volturi. The positioning of the two on the board would seem to indicate the pawn just out of danger (possibly one wrong move away).
my guess/theory is that it's all about the timing.

Personally I'm just glad Bella ended up getting everything she wanted.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita aTrainingShorty said…
ok well there is a lot of diffrent opinions on what the covers mean but i think it like this:

TWILIGHT-a we all know forbidden fruit but there are others that say yeah that makes sense too

NEW MOON- ok well my book it has the green stuff on there but i think its that well bella is like a flower growing out into the world end then she is wounded because edward left her bleeding or wounded in the heart u could say

ECLIPSE-i think is that its like edwards bella and jacobs bella trying to be together but just that little string is what is holding them both together but is becoming very small by the more love coming from both sides

BREAKING DAWN- i think its like the red pawn is like bella all weak and human and the white queen is like bella all vampire and strong!!

well does are my opinions on that subject