Mafuatano ya Twilight Why Dont People Like The Name Renesmee?

fanpire101 posted on Aug 16, 2008 at 01:28AM
i have heard that many people hate renesmee's name, or at least didn't like it at first but its growing on them, my question is why? personally i really like it and thought it was clever how they combined renee and esme and think it sounds cool, so why such the opposition?

Mafuatano ya Twilight 18 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Bedward4lyf said…
first i didnt like it because i thought the name was ugly and it reminded me of dinosours, but then it did grow on to me and i love itt!! i also love how bella combined renee and esme. because i relized yeah i mean its not a typical name. but Renesmee's not a typical child :)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Samiii said…
i liked it. it is a fantastic name for her. Bella combined the name Renee and Esme very well. You go Bella! :]
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita zuntiz said…
well, I don't hate it, I just hoped that she could get her own name. In my opinion it's a rather silly name *take cover in the closet* ;)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita braybear04 said…
i thought it was the best name for her because she herself is so unique that she needs a creative name such as Renesmee! i loved how it was all four of the parents names combined for the first and middle names: Renesmee Carlie!!!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Heidi42 said…
At first i couldnt remember how to say it so everytime it came up i had to go back and reread the part where they spell it out haha. but i really liked it the whole time.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita mandavamp said…
I like the name. I was the one at work always telling people how to pronounce it correctly. I agree with zuntiz that it is a little silly but why choose just one parent to name her after, she's special and needs a special name.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita mbally500 said…
i found it silly at first, it didnt make that much sense, but it really grew on me, and i love the nickname :D
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita pinkmafia27 said…
The name didn't really bother me. I had to say it aloud a couple of times to get the feel of it. Now that its been a few weeks, it has def grown on me. The Nessie thing does bother me though.

Every-single-time I think the name Nessie visualize Bella flipping out on Jacob about the imprinting and the naming her after the Loch Ness Monster. I can't wait to see that in movie form!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Lyssypoo said…
i dont like it because its stupid. duh
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Leightonfan said…
At first, I didn't like it at all, then it sounded better and I got over it.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita kateliness2 said…
It's just silly. I can see naming children after others, but why something worse than what a 6 year old could pick out?

It's just awful.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Ariana913 said…
i thought it was ugly at first and then i said it out loud and now i kind of like it,its cute and diff.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Twilighter77 said…
At first I thought it was slightly strange, but now I like it. I love the nickname Nessie, however I agree with pinkmafia. Every time I say or read Nessie I think of Bella getting angey at Jacob.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita laurenxxsavvy said…
The whole baby thing was just weird to me.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Itz193 said…
Combining names like Renesmee sounds cheessy. Its a mouthful, too. I like all the names of the characters in Twilight saga except hers.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita star_4-17-1992 said…
i think renesmee is a really adorable name i never thought anything about the name being stupid are anything else like that
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita polishgurl69 said…
i like the name except maybe perhaps she should of been named Carlie Renesmee, because Carlie sounds more normal. But it has a ring to it.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Bella_090 said…
I like her name. It was a good idea to combine the names of her grandparents. Renesmee Carlie is not just a name. It has a story behind it. I like that!