Mafuatano ya Twilight The Twilight Movie was VERY DISSAAAPPPOINTTING!

mimibibi posted on Nov 21, 2008 at 03:50PM
okay, so i've been obsessed over twilight for quite some time now. i read all four books in one week when i first heard about it and ever since ive been waiting anxiously for the movie. Maybe i had my hopes up way too high, but that movie was no where as near as good as the book! There was no emotion or passion, it seemed so.. fake! edward was a better actor on my part then bella. bella just looked retarded the entire time. im so dissappointed i literally stormed out after the movie is over. nevertheless, im still a huge fan, and i prpbably will watch the next movies (if they make them) but i hope Stephenie takes some pointers for the first one.

Oh, and it was so funny how they wanted to "stick to the book" when the first scene wasnt by the book. It was just crap. I'm so upset. i expected SO much more!!!!!!

ANyone agree with me!?!

Mafuatano ya Twilight 34 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita drgroz said…
I don't agree with you. Yes, the book was different from the movie, but what book had ever been portrayed exactly into a movie? I think Edward and Bella both did a great job and I thought the chemistry between them was amazing. I think you went into it with way to high expectations! All the major plot points were included, even if they might have been in different order or in a different location. Viewing it just as a movie and not comparing it to the book, I think it was great. It was funny and some of the scenes that weren't in the book and in the movie made it even better. I especially loved the kitchen scene. I couldn't stop laughing. Go see it again and keep an open mind. It's a good movie.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita 4twilightlover said…
i totally agree with drgoz, no movie is exactly as the book, and you HAVE to keep that on mind, it was a really good movie and in my opinion i think it's the only movie that was really true to the book, i'm sorry but i don't like it when people say that the movie wasn't good, just remember that no movie is exactly like the book and this movie was probably the closest one.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita zuntiz said…
I think that they did a really good work with the movie, I was afraid that it would be like some of the HP movies, but it wasn't... at least I don't think so ^^,
The only bad thing when I went to see it was when those who worked at the cinema kept ruining the whole thing. Yeah... they messed up with the sound, sometimes it sounded really weird, and then one of them came in and interupted without pausing or anything and when he finally left, one of the lights which changes colour stayed on. It was of course pointed at the screen and kept shifting from blue to red to purple.
Other than that, all I can say is that I enjoyed the movie very much ^^,
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita courick11 said…
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I am at 11 tonight. However, I've read a lot of reviews that state that it wasn't good. First: No movie is as good as the book. Second: There is a fine line between the movie and a book. Third: The movie isn't the book and can't ruin the book.

You just have to learn that the movie isn't the book.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita junglexbooty said…
to a point i agree. i thought bellas acting could be a bit more passionate yes. however, i wish they hadnt changed so much from the details in the book. nevertheless i loved it. LOVED IT. if they picked a better bella thery wouldnt have used rob. they compliment each other...reguardless im still freakin pumped about seeing the other films!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita 123cosmo4 said…
Twilight suxx!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita junglexbooty said…
i still loved it.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita paola1901 said…
Well I liked the movie... maybe because I had low expectations, it was better than I thougth.

Although I couldn't hear it quite well because everybody was screaming the whole movie.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita bluefeet said…
I think the movie was great! Of course they won't make the movie exactly like the book - movies never are. But it was realistically close for a 498 page book and I think that it was told well.

Of course there were things they could improve, but it wasn't as bad as you are making it sound.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita emmettlover16 said…
i just got back from watching it and i loved it!!!
lik drgroz, i liked the kitchen scene 2! :)

i thought it was funny when carlilse walked into the movie for the first time *at the hospital* and almost every girl in the theater either wooo-ed or whistled lol...and i was one of them :D
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Heidi42 said…
i disagree. I loved the movie.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Bandgeek_XP said…
I loved that movie I thought it was going to suck like soooo bad bad but it was soooo GOOD!!!! ^.^ the best!!!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita WINKY said…
Edward got a A from me, Bella a C.

The movie got a 6 out of 10 from me and the 4 people with me, ages 16, 17, 20, 21

Bella was not what I wanted in that part at all. I didn't feel anything from her. I didn't like her voice or her acting. I thought Edward did a really good job considering.

The Directing and Editing was yuck. Too many close closeups. all the time, all you could see was the two faces. and Edwards red lipstick.

the special effects weren't that good. the sparkles on Edward looked more like little blisters. and some of the fast running and climbing looked a little awkward. It just seemed like the whole movie was kind of amateurish.

I didn't care for the makeup too much, Dr. Carlisle almost looked like Data from Star Trek , The dialoge was too short and choppy.

I was really hoping for more
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita mellew85 said…
I agree in the most part with Winky. Except for the Edward/Bella thing. I thought Bella was okay. Not great, but okay. I was expecting a lot more out of Edward, I think it was mainly his facial expressions. I did like that he got a few more funny lines.
I didn't think that most of Bella's human friends weren't really portrayed right. Angela didn't really seem all that shy, Jessica was a bigger snob than I thought, and "Chess Club Eric" wasn't very geeky.
I thought Carlisle's entrance was a bit over the top.
And I liked Charlie and Billy Black a lot more than I thought I would.
One thing I wonder about, though, is the whole last scene with Victoria brooding. If they make the rest of the books into movies, (which I've heard they're supposed to) she doesn't really have a very big part in New Moon. So are they just going to leave that hanging until Eclipse? Or are they going to try to work her into New Moon more? Hmmm...
Also, did anyone else hate that she found all of her answers on the internet? In the book, nothing really fit when she did her research. To me, that made it a lot easier for her to not care what he was.
If I had never read the books, I probably would've thought the movie was really dumb and the story very unbelievable.
I'm hoping they'll get a bigger budget for the next movies.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita xsurroundedx said…
It was a good movie.
I in no means expected it to live up to all the hype and anticipation.
But it was a great movie. So take a deep breath and open your mind up a bit more.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita funnyshawna said…
the movie was amazing. i dont care that they changed it a little from the book, it's not supposed to be excactly like the book, its a movie, its supposed to be different. i actually thought both bella and edward played their characters very well. same with everyone else. i thought the special effects could have been better, but they did a really good job. this must have been a really hard movie to make and keep it like the book, considering that the book is all from bella's perspective, and so we see everything through her eyes. it must have been really hard to portray all that with just a picture, and they all did very well. i really really liked this movie, and it lived up to most of my expectations, and im seeing it again tommorrow morning:D
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita chellyp86 said…
I thought the movie was one of the best movies I have seen. I loved it. I was worried, as most people were, that I hyped the movie up too much. I bought my tickets 3 weeks ago and everyday my best friend and I would call each other and talk about interviews and scenes we had seen. I read some reviews online and it said that it was a teenagers movie and I sort-of got nervous that it wasn't going to be very good. I'm 22 and my best friend is 25, we went to see the midnight showing on Thursday and we were soo excited. WE WEREN'T disappointed. We couldn't decide what our favorite part was. I read all the books and my family heard me talking about it so much they all got excited too. My husband, 23, went with me tonight to see the movie and he agreed that it was one of the best movies. I think it was great. I thought Edward's skin was portrayed exactly how I imagined. It looked just like the book described..thousands of diamonds...I felt that Rob was an amazing Edward, and his facial expressions were priceless. You could see and feel the emotions with him. One of my favorite parts was the first time Bella walked into biology. Edward really looked like he was in pain. I liked the movie's version of Edward better. I thought he was more realistic even for a fictional vampire. You could tell he was struggling with the part of him that wanted to kill Bella and the part of him that loved her. He was amazingly sweet, and very much the way Bella describes him. It was closer to the book than I orignally thought it was going to be. All the lines from the book, that I loved, were incorporated into the movie in some form. Of course, it couldn't be exactly the same with the small amount of time, but considering that they did a very good job. If you are like me and you catch things in movies very easily than you probably noticed that in the meadow when Edward and Bella were lying beside each other, it looked like Edward was a statue, as Bella describes him many times. The first night she dreamed of him and she woke up and he was standing there and when she turned the light on he was gone: he was really there. If you read Midnight Sun that was also the first night he visited her house. I thought the special effects were good. I thought it really looked like they were running, and climbing very easily. When he threw the tree it looked very easy for him. The baseball scene was amazing. All the Cullens were great except for Rosaline but in the book she was the same. Jasper was hilarious. He really did look like he was in pain. I loved the flashback scene when Jacob was telling her the story. I thought James was awesome. Cam did a very good job with the physcho character. The ONLY thing that I didn't like was the hospital scene after Edward told Bella that she should go to Florida and she didn't make a sentence??? I thought she should have atleast said something, but Edward saved the scene by saying, "where else would i go?" I thought it was absolutely wonderful.:) Sorry mine was so long. I just get very excited.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita AreYouSure said…
I respect your opionion, but I strongly disagree. I think it stuck more to the book then it needed too. They did a phenomenal job with the budget they had! I think people just expected way way TOO much! Not that, thats wrong , because being a fan thats what we do, but you have to go into a movie being adapted from a book with a open mind and heart. I loved the movie, can't say a bad thing about it , other then I wish it was a billion times LONGER! The movie made me love all the characters EVEN MORE! I actually liked all the humans and adored Charlie and Billy!... I was laughing with the whole audience and had TONS of fun. The Cullens were amazing, I wish they had more screen time, but I loved every moment, and the MUSIC! AMAZING. I'm sorry you didn't get the same pure happiness, and love for the movie that I did and so many others did. I saw it Twice so far. Midnight Premiere and the second time Today/Yesturday at 7:00... Probably the most calming/heart pounding moments of my life. :)
I'm def. going to see it again! Also can't wait for NEW MOON!
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Brittany333 said…
in twilight they has such a low budget and due to all the hype everyone is going to go see it, which then means there will be a MUCH larger budget for new moon. I think with the weather conditions they were forced to endure (i live in oregon so experience it every day) they did a really good job. It was more funny than the book and that made me love it so much more. Ive seen it twice and the best scene has to be the baseball one. I laughed through the whole thing. The movie made me sort of love jasper and believe me im not a fan of him. At first i thought kristen stewart would do a bad job she seemed drawn back and lethargic the magority of the time. But she was 17 when filming give her a break. You guys are all more excpeting than the twilight movie site. Their all assholes on their.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Brittany333 said…
plus if they film la push where they did for twilight i'll be watching every day. I live 10 min. away =)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Laurl23 said…
It was the most amazing movie I have ever seen. But at the same time it screwed up the book completely, went way to fast, plus they screwed up the quotes! Plus plus (I have alot to say about this movie) did you find that they tried to make it a joke, other than serrious?
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita fanpire101 said…
I HIGHLY DISAGREE, if u try to critic it, then yea i was not very good, especially compared with the book, they skipped stuff, added stuff, and had some cheezy stuff, but if u looked at it as a whole, it was THE BEST MOVIE EVER, and you can overlook the other stuff
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita lovedrhouse said…
I totally disagree with mimibibi. I feel as though the movie was as close to the book as you can get. How do you expect to put every bit of a 498 page book into a 2 hour movie? Impossible! Yeah, there were scenes that were altered. ie: the part where she skipped out in the motel whereas in the book they were in the airport. But overall, I feel as though the movie captured the essence of the whole we can't be friends/we can't fall in love/yet we do. For you to feel that Bella acted "retarded". That is a horrid word to use!! But, if you actually read and understood Twilight and the bit of Midnight Sun Stephenie posted on her website, you would understand why Bella was portrayed the way she was. Remember Edward CANNOT read her mind and when she is falling in love with him, he has no idea. I do feel as though they should've put a little more emphasis on the whole love connection. But then again, it was only a 2 HOUR MOVIE. It would take much longer to cover all aspects of the movie and I feel as though the director did an excellent job. Now, if you feel as though you need to cry and moan to all your friends that have not seen Twiight yet, just remember your negative attitude to the movie may cause them to not go and see it and thus they may not get the chance to see the movie for themselves. So, don't go complaining if the other 3 books aren't made into movies due to Twilight not making the profit that is anticipated.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Michic25 said…
I like it
and I agree with mellew85 Kristen did an Ok Bella
but Rob made Edward look like an asshole sometimes
and Angela I wanted her to be sweet and nice like in the book she was a little too much like Jessica
I fell in love with Charlie he was one of the best things of the movie very sweet and funny like in the book, I liked the whole Cullen family
Overall the movie was GOOD!
I hope they make enough money to make the other ones!!!
Oh and did you notice Robs mistakes with the accents it was sooo funny!!!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita mrsblack_1089 said…
I loved it!!! It wasn't at ALL like the book, but that was OK for me! All major parts of the book were included, and all the little extras and funny comments made it so much more enjoyable! I think the Vampire Baseball scene was perfect! It was cool how you could tell that the Cullens loved Bella right away by cooking for her, and Emmett and Jasper were my favorite characters. Especially when Emmett waved to Bella with the huge knife in her hand, and JASPER'S FACE WHEN HE FIRST SAID HI TO BELLA!!!!!!!!!! I almost died. ^^ Charlie was perfect, but Bella was wayyyy too emotionless. I mean, Bella has feelings; she's not a zombie! She was alright sometimes but she didn't look happy enough to be love and in love. Plus she should have done the running away scene better; she should have cried and yelled and screamed. But that scene made me cry because of Charlie. Not Bella's performance. I was also a little dissapointed with Edward when he sparkled, because when they flashed the camera back to Bella, she sparkled a little too. And the sparkling illusion made Edward look fuzzy. Mimibibi, I know probably everyone has told you this so far, but books are soo much better than movies! In books you can picture the characters however you like, and in movies you can't. So just push out all thoughts from the book, imagine like you're seeing it without reading the book first and see if you enjoy it then. Just laugh along to the funny parts and I think you'll like it much more. ^^
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ahkenzie said…
i luved the movie! the only thing i wish wudve happedned is that in the book it goes over how they fall in luv and the little things that grow them more towards each other, but in the movie it all goes so fast, its like they never fell in luv, it was just there
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita vianessvondrak said…
i dont agree!!!!
compared with the book.. yes the movie is nothing!!
but itself the movie is really great!!!!!!!
i tottaly agree with mrsblack_1089.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita j_lin1991 said…
i didn't like the movie either; it followed the book well but i feel the acting was poor the lines made the more damatic parts funny which aggrivated me
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita RoughGem said…
I was terribly disappointed in the movie. I know movies are never likes the books theyre based off of (Fight Club, Choke, Running with Scissors for instance)and that the books are always better than the movies due to one's imagination and the things that are added/deleted for the movie to make it sell, but I think this was probably one of the worst book-to-screen adaptations I've seen (except for maybe the first 2 Harry Potters).

I felt like Bella was portrayed as pathetically-lusting for Edward. I know she's in love with him, yadda yadda, but it seemed, in the movie, more like she wanted to get into his pants rather than be with him.

I was also pissed at the make out scene in the bedroom. Part of the sweetness of the book is that they never get much farther than one or two kisses at a time and yet in the movie it was longer than that and ended up with them on top of one another.

Also, I feel like Edward came off as much more akward in the movie tahn in the book. I pictured him as a little bit more, um, smooth, while reading the first book but maybe that's just my interpretation.

I really think that the entire Cullen family was portrayed very accurately. I can't say the same for Bella's friends. The relationship bewteen Bella and Charlie, however, was dead-on and very funny.

Other innacuracies and scenes in the movie that never occurred in the book I won't even bother to go into because I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing of them.

I just wish/hope that they get another director for the future movies. Perhaps the newer director for the Harry Potter movies? I'm sure they wouldn't have the time, though, with all that they've got on their hands and what not.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita mayra7632000 said…
i thought that the movie was going to be AWESOME...but with that kind of budget i wasnt expecting it to be great...but i still enjoyed the movie..but i was still expecting way more...

i felt like the pace was to fast...i felt like they were rushing to get to action with james to try to stay true to people that havent read the books and reassure them that there is action in this movie. i felt that they rushed through the relationship with bella and edward..the MAIN thing.

when it came to to the actors..the cullens were AWESOME..i fell more in love with jasper..they should've had more lines...bella was lacking emotions..sometimes i would be able to kind of see them..but then it would go back to nothing...i felt like she didnt really show that she was IN love with him..same thing with Rob..i think he did great but when it came to that one emotion of being in love with bella it was just not there for me..he got the wanting to eat her part and the protector part..but i was still waiting for the "im in love with you" part.
but then again its what i thought :)

i know people say that "oh new moon will be better"..i think that to..but what about the people who havent read the books and didnt like the movie..will they come back to see new moon?
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Lyssypoo said…
i got up and left the theatre before it was over because it sucked so bad. and then i remembered that i payed $10 for that shit, so i went back in and finished it.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita runstacy said…
I agree. The movie was HORRIBLE!! And I would ask anyone that liked the movie several things.
1.Did you read the book?
2.Were you awake during the movie?
Forget it, I don't want to be mean but this movie had the potential to be the next great love story and yet I have seen Highlander movies at 1130 on CBS that were better made and had better love stories. Please someone redo this before new moon. Maybe this would make a better TV series due to the time needed to develope he characters. Or maybe they should have left good enough alone.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita xxbonesxx said…
I loved the movie! but yes bella could've act better from times to times and I was a little dissapointed -especially if you compared with the book- that they skipped parts and added parts, the special effects could have been better and I think that they went way to fast forwards, but other than that I really loved it. I really hope they get a bigger budget for the next movie though:)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita brattynemz said…
Okay I ranted about this in here. lol.

link