Ugly Betty some new info on jamie lynn sigler's character, natalie

waichingliu81 posted on Sep 23, 2009 at 12:30PM
a bit spoiler-ish but still...

Will Daniel have another girlfriend when Ugly Betty returns? — Michael

MICKEY: Not exactly. A woman he meets at a bereavement class will become his assistant... and confidante.

And what will this Betty substitute look like? She'll look like Entourage's Jamie Lynn Sigler, but with a twist. "You won't recognize me in my hair and makeup," Sigler hints. "It's kind of a disguise." I'm seeing braces and a poncho, and I hope to Suarez I'm wrong.

link

Ugly Betty 13 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita snuggles8959 said…
smile
I'm glad that this Natalie character won't be a girlfriend (hopefully) & they let Daniel go through the grieving process & have him single for a while. I think he should channel his energies into his job. I wonder if Natalie will be like his Betty (assistant/confidante) & possibly may hurt his friendship with Betty seeing that she no longer works directly with him.. Plus it was mentioned that she also harbors a secret (who doesn't on this show) & it will pit her against Betty..wonder if has something to do with Daniel..Maybe Betty won't be able to confide in him like she did when she was his assistant..seeing that she will be on the outs with Matt (hopefully they don't drag it on through the entire season & Matt will let his bitterness go)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita waichingliu81 said…
smile
yeah, i was a little worried at first that she might be another love interest for daniel, but for now it seems as if that is not going to be the case.

i agree that for the time being, and perhaps throughout the fourth season it would be better if daniel remained single. he has had a love interest in the past 3 seasons, the writers should give eric mabius's character a rest.

whatever secret natalie has, she will face-off as betty's enemy and nemesis. it will be interesting to how things fare between betty and daniel on screen, as they are no longer as you rightly put, in direct contact with each other.

but very interesting theory you have here, snuggles8959!
smile
Betty has gotten Daniel out of soo many situations & becuz of Betty, Daniel became a better person. Altho Daniel is grieving @ this point @ leans on Betty for support while going thru her own turmoil w/Matt, for some strange reason it seems like Betty helps out Daniel more than Betty gets help from Daniel & struggles at times with her own problems & more so than ever now that Christina is gone. It's going to seem like everyone will be against her as she starts her new position (esp. with Matt at the helm)I think she will be in the middle in regards to Daniel & Matt. (not in a love triangle way) Maybe in a sense where her loyalties will lie. I still wonder did Matt take Wili's job (creative director??)...if so where does that leave Marc??
snuggles8959- idk, is he still her assistant? i did read somewhere that in episode 2 or 3, marc with amanda square off against each other outisde ignascio's fast food joint where he works at. he's still bitter that he lost out to betty for the editor's job.

you're right about betty having to dig daniel out of the mess he finds himself in- yet he has changed a great deal last season. molly was who he had turned to, but she's gone and it is indeed betty who he goes to for a shoulder to cry on. i'm still hoping he turns out ok, but with daniel i'm worried that everytime he suffers heartbreak, he goes through a breakdown such as this, as a result.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita BeSafe said…
I don't believe the 'disguise' her character wears is anything like the glasses/braces/clothes Betty wears, I could have sworn I saw pics on here, but it could've been somewhere else and she looks like she is punk-ish or has a different edge then Betty.

I think the secret that will pit her against Betty will have to do with Matt, perhaps she will be an ex of Matt's that will result in some kind of complication because she was the only one Matt truly cared about before Betty, or something like that, I doubt that it will have anything to do with Daniel. Though it may have to do with her job, and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Betty feeling left out or hurt because now that she isn't Daniel's assitant anymore he turns to his new assitant as a confidant, because I think that is one of the trasitions that will have to be made in going from co-workers/best friends to really in essence just best friends. I wonder how this shift in authority is going to affect their relationship?
'I don't believe the 'disguise' her character wears is anything like the glasses/braces/clothes Betty wears, I could have sworn I saw pics on here, but it could've been somewhere else and she looks like she is punk-ish or has a different edge then Betty.'

yes there were some photos from a few months ago that i posted on here where natalie had that 'punky, rock chick' look with the dark clothes.

i'm not sure if natalie is in any way related to matt- either as say a relative or being an old girlfriend from college, highschool, but if we find out that she is, then that would be a huge surprise.

it will test betty and daniel's relationship for sure, but i still think that even though they won't be working for each other, they'll still be there for one another as friends, which'll hopefully lead to something more for detty, later on in the show.
hmmm
Be Safe - I didn't think of that scenario, but yeah that would be a surprise if there was some connection between Matt & Natalie. I think it would test Betty's relationships w/Matt & Daniel. If it's like an ex or something..how will Betty react (esp. with Matt probably giving her a hard time work-wise) I think even tho he will be "torturing " Betty work-wise, Matt deep down still has feelings for Betty, but the idea of seeing Betty kissing Henry still bothers him & he can't forgive Betty & try to move on. It seemed like Betty was willing to work out their problems. doesn't seem that whenever people do things to Betty she forgives them, but when the shoe is on the other foot, they chastize her & put her on a pedestal at times..
'It seemed like Betty was willing to work out their problems. doesn't seem that whenever people do things to Betty she forgives them, but when the shoe is on the other foot, they chastize her & put her on a pedestal at times..'

i think that was the case with gio, and now matt. when the relationship ends, betty tries to maintain friends with them, although with gio, it took a while for him to realise that it was possible for him and betty to be friends, even though they were longer together. matt is a different person to gio however- i still think he will be angry towards betty for the first few eps, and afterwards, he'll be back tohis normal self, like he was when he first appeared on the show.
smile
waichingliu81 - I agree you about Matt. Not sure how long Matt will be angry & bitter towards Betty, but I wonder if things will settle down by the "Bahamas episode" where supposedly there will be drama w/ a "love triangle" with Betty, Matt, & third person. I'm sure the they are going to throw obstacles in between Betty & Matt, but it was hinted that their relationship would be changing & growing. I'm sure something will happen in which Matt will let down his guard & forgive Betty. Becuz he took the job out of spite, I wonder if he's going to stick it out or get bored like his other jobs & try to move on or he will find his calling..
yes, you might be onto something snuggles8959
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita BeSafe said…
I agree with both of you, I have no idea what will be going on with Natalie to pit her against Daniel, it could have to do with Matt and a past relationship, or current attraction, it could have to do with simply the fact that she is now Daniel's assistant and perhaps Betty will grow jealous of the bond that they develop in her 'absense' or perhaps it is just something completely unforseen...whatever it is however, I am excited for it! =)
well, whatever 'secret' natalie has, in a way it links to her having resentment or a dislike for betty. plus it looks like daniel will be attracted to natalie somehow as well. i just hope he recognises that if natalie is indeed a cause for concern for betty and is making her life a misery and getting in the way of her (as in betty) and him being friends, that he cuts all ties with natalie and ditches her for good.

i have a feeling i am not going to like natalie one bit- but we'll see.
big smile
waichingliu81/BeSafe: I think Natalie's secret will be something to do with Daniel more than Matt. (i'm guessing) Like you guys said maybe Betty will become jealous as she's not "his assistant" anymore & Daniel will confide in Natalie like how he used to with Betty..and perhaps Betty will feel lonely & frustated esp. with her new job & her dealing w/Matt (who won't be very much help) I think things will get worse before they get better for Betty. Whatever Natalie's secret, there will be showdown between Betty & Natalie. We'll see..
I'm curious tho if Betty will find out how she got the editor'job (w/ a flip of a coin - by sheer luck..
BTW - there's a little video on you tube about what's coming up for the season - "Look what's ahead for Betty - Ugly Betty (showing them filming at the UN & talking about the changes for Betty & the other characters. First good look at Daniel Eric Gold's new haircut..cute!!