Advice Compliment Advice

PkmnTrainerJ posted on Mar 02, 2008 at 04:15PM
I first of all apologize if this sounds politically uncorrect or offends anyone. Right.

I work in retail and have what I'd say is a very good rappor with most of my customers. However, I have hit a little snag. There is a customer who comes in a wheelchair and she's very polite and we chat whenever she comes in, and I always notice her very cool shoes.

She always has Converse shoes, or brightly coloured or very different shoes on. The kind of shoes I like wearing really. Then on the "control stick" for her wheelchair, it is actually a golf ball, a pretty famous make.

Problem is, I want to compliment her on both these things, but I'm not sure how to go about it as it doesn't seem like she can use her legs anymore and I am unsure of how she would take a compliment about her shoes etc.

Hopefully you can see where I'm coming from with this.

Advice 6 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita amazondebs said…
sounds like if she always has different ones that she really would appreciate a compliment on them,
i don't think she would be offended if you just complimented her the way you would anyone,

it probably would be better to compliment them because you might be unconsciously staring at her feet and her chair and she won't know it's because you like her shoes and control stick you know?
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita germany123 said…
sounds like if she always has different ones that she really would appreciate a compliment on them,
i don't think she would be offended if you just complimented her the way you would anyone

what debs said..who wouldnt love a compliment!
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Lila856 said…
aww! well just don`t overthink it, like put yourself in her shoes (LOL), how would you wanna hear it?

maybe something like "awesome, i love this golf ball here!"
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Snerkie said…
*never saw this* but yeah everyone likes compliments no matter what, especially clothing i find is find for anyone. She obviously still dresses happily so i don't think that'd make a difference to her.

Also for the golf ball, if she's friendly i don't think she'd take it badly saying it looks cool or whatever.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita germany123 said…
tell us how it went :)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita fitzdude said…
yeah a bit late but she obviously likes shoes etc if she always has so many! so go for it! make her day!