Boston Red Sox Share your story! Where were wewe on October 27, 2004?

ART_Baseball posted on Apr 22, 2010 at 07:52PM
Where were you the night the Red Sox won in 2004? Do you have a story to tell? Let us know! The American Repertory Theater wants to hear your Red Sox stories in celebration of its new musical Johnny Baseball.

Johnny Baseball shines a light on the ending of the so-called "Curse" in a fun-filled family musical that blends fact, fiction, and the mystical power of the game. Come see the show sure to bring cheers and tears to baseball fans everywhere!

Email us at baseballstories@amrep.org with your name, contact information, and a short summary of your October 27th story, and we'll get in touch to learn more. For more information on the show, visit www.americanrepertorytheater.com!

Red Sox fan Bill Waxman shared his story from the night of October 27, 2004:

"The night the Red Sox won in 2004, I was so overjoyed and I thought immediately of my father. My father was a lifelong Red Sox fan but he never lived to see this day. I felt this overwhelming need to visit his grave and let him know that the Red Sox won the World Series.

I found my flashlight and drove to the cemetery. As I drove through town I could hear everyone laughing and cheering in celebration, but as I got closer to the cemetery those sounds faded away and it got quieter and quieter. I didn't park at the gate because I was afraid of getting in trouble with the police for trespassing in the locked cemetery at night. I parked down a side street, walked back up, and looked around to make sure I was alone before climbing over the low stone wall. I switched on my flashlight and walked cautiously and quietly into the dark, still scared of getting caught. As I neared my father's grave, I paused to look around me and was astounded to see many twinkling lights silently weaving paths through the cemetery. I was not alone, not by any measure! There were dozens of us there, with our flashlights, quietly making our ways to deliver this momentous news to loved ones who were Red Sox fans during their lives. My dad was the one who took me to my first Sox game."

Boston Red Sox No majibu