Christianity How To Become A Christian Part 3

ghost1 posted on Aug 19, 2011 at 12:22PM
How You Can Be Filled with the Holy Spirit

You can live an abundant life as a Christian by the power of the Holy Spirit. God has not left you to live your life as a Christian out of your own efforts, alone and frustrated. Jesus has given you the gift of the Holy Spirit! He told His disciples, “Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you” (Luke 24:49). When you first accepted Christ as your Savior by faith, the Holy Spirit was given to you by God to assure you of your salvation. But He has more for you! God wants you to be filled (directed and controlled) with the Holy Spirit so that you can live an abundant and fruitful life, one of fulfillment and powerful witness of Jesus Christ to those around you.

You can be filled with the Holy Spirit the same way you became a Christian—by asking God to fill you with the Holy Spirit by faith. Here is the promise Jesus gave to all believers: “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth” (Acts 1:8). It is as if you had a million dollars in the bank; you just have to go in and ask for it. Being filled with the Holy Spirit is worth far more than a million dollars—it will give you a life of powerful witness and great fulfillment—and the gift is already in your spiritual bank account. If you want to be filled with the Holy Spirit today, ask God to fill you, and then thank Him in faith for doing so. You will begin to experience a life empowered by the Holy Spirit.

Key verses

“Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but wait in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high.”
Luke 24:49

“But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
Acts 1:8

“Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
Romans 15:13

Christianity No majibu