Earrings Getting your ears pierced

katie_b posted on Aug 06, 2008 at 09:15AM
I'm finally getting my ears pierced for the first time in a couple of weeks! I'm so excited about it, as I've wanted them done for soooo long, but I'm a bit nervous too.

Can anyone tell me what its like to get them done? Does it hurt? Do you actually feel it? And how long does it take to get used to having them done?

Earrings 4 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Snerkie said…
Assuming you're getting them done by a gun, it's like a pinch and that's it, no pain at all. For me it hurts AFTER i get them pierced because the earings get tight on my ears but if you go in confident you'll be fine :) worrying is just silly and does no good
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita meeshluv said…
Mine didn't hurt either - just a loud "snap" sound, and then they felt a bit warm for a little while...

And it doesn't take long to get used to them either - just a few hours or so.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ArabellaElfie said…
I have two piercings in each ear and two tattoos (one faily large) and the scariest thing is going for it. If you go to a jewerly store they will use a gun and it's a snap sound and it's very, very fast. They will also put in studs. According to my tattoo artist (they also do piercings there) hoops heal faster so I switched my studs out after about a month.

I don't remember how long it took for the first set (I was around 7) but it took less than 5 min. for the second set.

I promise it won't hurt, it's just going to be alittle bit uncomfortable for the first few days but you only feel it if you think about it.

Also, if you are really nervous go and buy a pair of fantastic earrings that you love and just remember you get to wear them when you're done.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita katie_b said…
OMG, they're done!!! I've got pierced ears!!!!!

And you guys were sooooo right - it didn't hurt anywhere near like I thought it would. It really was just a quick pinch and then a stinging feeling for a few minutes...

I love how they look - I can't stop looking at them in the mirror right now, and I'm having such a hard time remembering not to keep touching them!!!