Okay, for the past two months I have steadily grown addicted to this website. Maybe it's all the free time I have these days, au maybe it's just I have an addictive personaily. It could of course be that this website is pure brilliance and I constantly think about it. Does that make me sad? No way! Because I can bet I'm not the only one. So here's a checklist of how to know when you've crossed the line between fanpop-addict, and totally-crazy. :)
1. wewe form an opinion on something and think "I'm going to immediately make a pick about this"...and then the rest of your plan for the siku goes out of the window because wewe have to get the picha just right.
2. Similarly, wewe find the need to constantly take a vote on everything. "Ok, who wants to change the channel on the TV? Right, now does anyone want to add a maoni to their vote?"
3. wewe rate things at home. People's new hairstyles, work you've done, meals that people cook, every episode of things wewe see on TV...
4. wewe start to use "I'm a shabiki of..." in everyday conversation way too much. "You know, I'm a real shabiki of siagi ya karanga and salt-and-vinegar crisp sandwiches... I wonder if there's a spot on it..."
5. wewe give the people around wewe imaginary heshima for bila mpangilio things. "Grandma, wewe make the best chocolate-chip kuki, vidakuzi ever. heshima for the cookies"
6. wewe actually wonder what your fanpop mashabiki are up to in realworld, and wewe consider them some of your best friends. wewe actually ask all your real-world Marafiki what their kauli mbiu is, because most of your fanpop-friends have them, why the hell shouldn't they?
7. wewe have answered every single pick on your fan-spots, and continue to re-load them just to check if the balance has changed. If your vote isn't winning, wewe feel actual anger that wewe take out on your keyboard kwa determedly typing an opinion-comment on the pick explaining just why YOU'RE RIGHT. :)
8. When someone gives wewe props, au adds wewe to their fanlist, kura for wewe on a favourite-users pick, maoni your picks etc - you're happy for the rest of the day, even if your house just burned down au you've just killed someone au something...
9. wewe read an makala in a magazine/newspaper and wewe want to maoni and rate it, forgetting of course that not all makala are soapbox, and wewe can't actually do it. wewe then feel very upset :(
10. wewe remain throuroughly convinced that fanpop WILL become the biggest thing ever, and reccomend the website to everyone wewe know. wewe envision a time in the future when everyone is as crazy about fandoms as wewe are, and your Marafiki will stop hitting wewe around the head and saying "If wewe mention fanpop one zaidi time I will throw wewe through the window"
...and I've only been here two months. God help people who've been here longer!