IU [FANACCOUNT] 150919 Melody Forest Camp 2015

sohigh posted on Sep 20, 2015 at 07:02AM
It’s been awhile since I had something to write a fanaccount for lol. But I was so tired I just conked out after showering yesterday and didn’t manage to type anything.

To sum up, yesterday had such freak weather! The countryside is so cold in the morning and at night compared to Seoul, but in the afternoon it was blazing hot. If IU comes again next year (which she said she hoped to!), I’m really going to bring a nice big umbrella and an icebox! I had my thick unionbay coat in the morning so all was fine.

Queuing to get in was madness. But controlled madness… at least they tried to make us walk and not run in, by moving us in batches (a bit like prisoners wahaha).

Good thing IU’s concert was in the late evening and it was already starting to get cold by then.

Pat has posted the full song list in no particular order (link). She sang like 16 songs with and without accompaniment and sang “I Feel Good” again without accompaniment. I myself can’t quite recall the order either, so I’ll just do this randomly too.

IU was really adorable keke after her first few songs, she said she thought she would be nervous about this perf, but the moment she stood on stage, she was no longer nervous.

She said the audience looked really nice/kind as well haha. Well they’re all uaenas, what do you expect? ^__^ During dinner time, the people in front of me at the long queue at the food stalls were also saying hopefully they can finish eating before IU appears. When IU asked who came last year, almost all hands in the standing zone went up keke.

During encore it was quite funny she said she had a trauma from singing “Child Searching For a Star” because she made a mistake at the high note last year (link). She apologised last year, sang the song again and promised to bring a better performance this year. So she was really nervous about singing that song (“Let me drink some more water first” keke). The audience were really nice and supportive and cheered for her when she managed to pull off that high note! Woo!!

Haha since we’re on the topic of water lol. IU was sooo cute she grabbed 4 bottles of water while still holding her mic, and slowly ambled down the stage awkwardly, to pass water to the fans in the front row (“Who’s really thirsty?”)

Then because when she was backstage, she saw Yang Hee-eun get them to switch off ALL the lights there while she sang a song, so everyone could lie back and watch the stars. So IU was like I want that too!! Then the fans were making noise and she was like “What did you say? Dont switch off all? Is this fine? Who thinks this is fine? Raise your hand!” She sang A Midsummer Nights Dream (I think?) I can’t even recall because I was just letting IU’s voice wash over me while appreciating the beautiful night sky.

IU was saying like actually her debut anniversary was yesterday, but because Melody Forest Camp is more important than her fanmeeting, her fanmeeting got pushed back to 20th ahaha. Next to me, someone said “just have your fanmeeting here next time”. Lol yes then ticketing wouldnt have been such a war.

She was super funny during re-encore cos she couldn’t hear what the fans were shouting at her to sing. So she went downstairs and closer to the fans in the front row and finally(!!) figured out that we wanted her to sing “있잖아 (You Know) rock ver”. Then she did polls on the spot like “Who wants Mia, put up one finger, who wants You Know put up two fingers” or sometimes she just announced each song title to see which had louder cheers lol. To buy time while the band at the back was scrambling to figure out the accompaniment for “You Know” (lolll!!), she sang “I Feel Good” again. Then the band was finally ready and “You Know” is SUCH a fun song if you watch the concert fancams you would know. 1, 2, 3! A, B, C!… Hey! And IU went downstairs again and ran from one side to the other to hi-five all the people in the front row.

Could tell she spent time practising and preparing for the dance song, “I Feel Good”. Fancams are already out. Then she said, “Next up, is… kekekeke” We were all like, what’s so funny? Then she said, “Next is If You”. Geddit?? I Feel Good – If You

The highlight for me was her original unreleased compositions though!! I was like omgg cos on Infinity Challenge, she said she wanted to sing a song like this at night under a beautiful blue sky with the grass swaying and whatnot LOL and she really sang it!! Both the lyrical song she recorded the guide for (du dururu) and the blue night song she came up with on the spot on the sofa with her guitar keke. QT says she might sing the full version at fanmeeting tmr (I mean today ahhhh has she really completed it??)

Met a lot of familiar faces at Melody Forest Camp. You’ve probably already seen their fanphotos or previews by now. Actually, I’ll probably see them again later at the fanmeeting. Gtg find food now and get ready to go for fanmeeting~
 It’s been awhile since I had something to write a fanaccount for lol. But I was so tired I just con

IU No majibu