My Little Poney Who Does Spike Really Love?

KotokoAihara posted on Dec 11, 2012 at 11:22PM
Since I watched the season 3 premiere I have been debating with myself over who Spike really loves. As we all know since the season 1 premiere its been stated that Spike likes Rarity and their have been other cases showing that this is in fact the case. Such as the season 2 episode Secret Of My Excess (which is probably the most note-worthy) where Rarity actually acknowledges his feelings for her. Throughout season 1 and 2 the writers always point out Spikes feelings for Rarity which is something that season 3 has failed to do. In addition there is one scene in particular (from the season 3 premiere) that puzzles me which is Spike's worst fear. If Rarity is in fact the one he loves then shouldn't she be the one who his worst fear is about. His worst fear should have been Rarity not loving him not Twilight. It does make more sense right? Rarity should have been at least part of his worst fear because as I stated his love for Rarity is a well known fact. In addition, Spike was already with Rarity during the Crystal Fair, but he left Rarity's side to go help Twilight. I know Spike is her assistant, but Twilight even told him not to come. To me it seems that Twilight always has a higher priority and again that just doesn't make sense since Spike already is head over heels for Rarity. Anyways, I would like some opinions on what you guys think. Does Spike still love Rarity or has he been ignoring his feeling for somepony else (aka Twilight)?

My Little Poney 7 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Hairity said…
blush
I think he still loves Rarity, because Twilight is as a big sister for him. If I had to choose between my sister or my crush, I would choose my sister. Also Rarity returns her feelings a bit in 'Secret of my excess'. Here's the picture. But all this is what I think!
 I think he still loves Rarity, because Twilight is as a big sister for him. If I had to choose betwee
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Blue-Paint said…
Yea I mean who would u go with your big sis or your unattainable crush in a life or death situation
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita KotokoAihara said…
@Harity: I don't know. I still think Rarity should have at least been part of his nightmare and if he truly loves Rarity then he would be willing to leave Twilight to be with Rarity. However, the opposite happened Spike leaves Rarity's side to go to Twilight. I don't know if its just a plot hole that the writers forgot to fill, but I think it poses an interesting question. Also I know Rarity accepted his feelings, but there relationship hasn't gone any further since in fact I'd say its gone backwards because I don't think Spike has commented on his feelings for Rarity once this season.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita jakob6543567 said…
rarity duh
 rarity duh
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita GR3333D said…
Yah but Twilight is like his care taker. You have a point with the nightmare thing, but Twilight closed the door before Spikes full vision came to be. Overall the little guy fears rejection. He hangs out with Twilight a lot! That is why he fears losing her most. I would say that if Spike fell in love with some other pony it would be Sweetie Belle. I could see a Spike episode of him hanging out with the CMC. =)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita wishey said…
smile
He has a crush on Rarity, but he cares for Twilight more than he cares for Rarity in more of a big sister kind of way.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Dragon-88 said…
Rarity! It's obvious. Fun fact-Rarity's name comes from the word meaning gems or anything rare and valuable, namely gems.