Severus Rogue In tafuta Of...

JonMaxX posted on Mar 14, 2012 at 09:13PM
I have come to this forum in the hopes that someone else out there has read the same fanfic I did. I am in search of this particular fan fiction which was written exceptionally well and had a lot of creativity.

I do admit -- quite some time and several computers have come and gone, so I can't really reference much -- I am doing best from my memory.

It is a SSHG fic, I do remember it was rather long. Definitely 17+ chapters. This author went all out.

Hermione is working for the gov't living in an apartment in England (London, maybe?), something happens at Hogwarts which causes her to go back and meet Snape somehow.

I remember there being potions involved (obviously), a missing ingredient for something, and Hermione apparating to a barren wasteland of a place to find this key ingredient that they were missing.

In the meantime, Severus is a wanted man (I think by Voldemort). Someone wants him dead, so Hermione and Severus keep moving and apparating from place to place -- ultimately ending up at a secluded motel in a quaint area. This is where the magic happens.

I can't remember how it ends, but I do remember a conversation where Harry and Ron find out that Hermione now has a thing for Snape and they are disgusted. I also remember a chapter where Snape and Hermione go back to Hermione's apartment while on the run and he spends the night there and is kinda going through her stuff for the lulz.

I know I've probably described every fanfic out there, but this one stuck out as the best one in my mind. I enjoyed the read a lot, and I'd like to re-read it as I'm revisiting my Snape obsession. :)

If anyone has any ideas, please message me or respond.

Thanks for your time!!

Severus Rogue 5 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ComoLoca said…
Hmmm, can't say that I've come across it. It sounds interesting though, so I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it. Will let you know if I find it. If in the meantime you locate it before me, I'd love to know the name of it and where I can read it :)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita BlackHound said…
Wow...I am not a fan of the Snape/Granger pairing at all, but that definitely sounds like something I would read. I hope it can be found.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita JonMaxX said…
I will definitely be sure to post it as it was the best read I've had to date.... I THOUGHT I had found it, but alas, it's another well-written fanfic with the same general ideas. I do remember the motel being the scene where things first get hot and heavy with very descriptive play-by-plays... so this definitely is not it. For all wondering, this particular one I'm reading now is "All Secrets Sleep in Winter Clothing". The author is quite clever.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita JonMaxX said…
HAY GAIS!!!!! I think I found it!!! I'm pretty sure this is it!!!!!: link

It's called "The Other Side of Darkness". I can't wait to re-read it! Enjoy out there!!
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita ComoLoca said…
big smile
Awesome!!! I love that feeling when you finally manage to find something you've been searching for for a while :))). Thanks for letting us know about both fics, can't wait to get started on them!