Glee Song wewe would LEAST want Glee to cover?

Cinders posted on Jun 03, 2010 at 03:33AM
There's a lot of talk about songs you WANT to see on Glee, but what about the ones you DON'T want them to do, for whatever reason?

I really do NOT want to hear them cover Hotel California. I adore the Eagles, really, I do, but that is the most overplayed song ever. I think I will laugh if they ever cover it.

Do you have any songs you would not want them to sing? Maybe you think the original is perfect, or you wouldn't like the storyline it would fit in, or you don't think they have the voices to cover it?

Glee 9 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita DarkSarcasm said…
I agree, no Hotel California plz.

Someone had Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Free Bird" on a pick about songs to do on Glee the other day... and if they attempt to do that on Glee, I think I may hurt someone. That song is a classic, a sacred work of art that should be covered by no one. You can't beat the original, it would disgrace it to even try. That includes you, Glee kids.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Cinders said…
Good point. On that note, I would also really not want them to do American Pie. I got really upset when Madonna did it - and she's MADONNA. If SHE can't pull it off, no one can.
I don't want them to do that one either. Not because I think it can't be covered, but because I think it's a terrible song to begin with. ;)
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Cinders said…
What? But but but the poetry! I literally spent an hour talking with a friend about all the music history and symbolism wrapped up in that song.

It's one reason I hate the Madonna version - because they cut out some of the most symbolic parts, including every reference to the deaths of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and the Big Bopper. SO not COOL. It's not a song you should condense.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita UmOkayThen said…
Loving You by Minnie Riperton. It would be hard to hit that high note.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita PercyJackson11 said…
surprise
^DarkSarcasm

I'm sorry! I posted that pick!

I should have told everyone that the only reason I chose those songs was because I had just listened to the Top 500 Rock 'N' Roll Songs of All Time on 100.3, so I wanted to see what people thought of some of the songs I heard. I agree, some of those songs would be HORRIBLE, but I just want everyone to know those weren't all songs I would want them to do, they were songs people voted for in the Top 500.
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
Oh, I wasn't bitching about you posting it, I was bitching about how horrible it would be if they tried it on Glee. You've got nothing to apologize for. =P
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita JstSmA said…
tongue
knocking on heaven's door. That is THE MOST covered song ever. it's getting boring.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita roboello said…
smirk
i think glee is ace an dont stop believing is the best song so far!!