My Little Poney Map of Equestria, why u no make sense?

queencold posted on Jan 09, 2012 at 04:54PM
First of all, the text is legible. Throughout the entire series every letter to Celestia and even the words on Pinkie's birthday cake have been utterly illegible, but not this map. That is not the real issue, though.
Look at the location of the Everfree Forest. See the inconsistency yet? Sweet Apple Acres and the Everfree Forest are too far apart on the map for Granny's story to make sense.
 First of all, the text is legible. Throughout the entire series every letter to Celestia and even the

My Little Poney 5 majibu

Click here to write a response...
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita BillyTheShark said…
Remember in Swarm of the Century the banner that said "Welcome Princess Celest"? They do sometimes have English printed out.
The locations: I think this is a smaller portion of Equestria. (No Fillydelphia, Manehatten, or Trottingham.) See Cloudsdale? Pinkie walked there to visit RD, and obviously RD commutes between locations often. Maybe the farm on the map is not actually Sweet Apple Acres, and Sweet Apple Acres is in between Ponyville and the forest. Or perhaps they relocated their farm as Ponyville was settled. As far as Canterlot goes... In the show they portray Canterlot as on the side of a mountain. It could be that Canterlot is actually really close to Ponyville, yet it's a lot of travel time because of the elevation.
Another possibility is that this is an artistic map, not meant to be technically accurate. I do have to agree that this map doesn't makes much sense and I'm really stretching things to attempt to rectify it.

*EDIT* Ehhhh, forget what I said up there. ^ I get what you're saying. I'll stick with the answer that the map represents where Cloudsdale, Canterlot, Ponyville, and Everfree Forest are related to each other; and it's not a map of Ponyville, therefore the farm location cannot be taken seriously. the town of Ponyville is represented by some symbols, but they're not necessarily in the proper location. Like I said before, some maps are more for concept rather than accuracy.
last edited zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita khorosho said…
It might be that Ponyville is surrounded by Everfree on most sides besides the one connecting to Whitetail Wood, and putting "Everfree Forest" in different places would be redundant.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita BillyTheShark said…
^ Good idea, khorosho. That's definitely a possibility.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita fishypup said…
I like Billytheshark's very thoughtful explanation. That map definitely only shows one region of Equestria, and it certainly isn't an overly detailed or accurate one. I think it's more to demonstrate general positions. If it were in color, you'd probably be able to see where and how far each area supposedly extends.
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita TrollBerry said…
Well 1st of all... It's not going to be exactly accurate... But good observation there!
Second of all cloudsdale is in the sky and Canterlot is in a mountain... They also need to fit it on the map so it's probably a rough estimate of where everything is... And Pinkie does move pretty fast anyways...
And are you sure sweet apple acres is next to the evergreen forest?