nukuu Daily Quote

Jonapello23 posted on Nov 27, 2008 at 01:33AM
Quotes are awesome, and I'd like to give everyone a different quote every day that means something to me. I'll try to stay faithful to this, but I might miss a few days. Here's numero uno--

"How wonderful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterward." Spanish Proverb

Feel free to give feedback or add quotes of your own. Enjoy-

nukuu 489 majibu

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 489

zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Le-Magnifique said…
"What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue: Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer."
"Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood."
rainy
"Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows."
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita pixie09 said…
"leaf's departure was because of winds pursuit; or because tree didn't ask her to stay"
"Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy."
"its much better to face these kind of things with a sense of poison rationality"
"Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else."
"The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not."
"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another."
"Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh."
"For my own part, regret nothing. Have lived life, free from compromise ... and step into the shadow now without complaint." - Rorshack, Watchmen
"There is pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society where none intrudes,
By the deep sea and the music in its roar;
I love not man the less, but Nature more."
"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered."
rainy
"The cradle rocks above an abyss, and common sense tells us that our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness."
sunny
"Summer afternoon - Summer afternoon... the two most beautiful words in the English language."
"It is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust."
heart
"We don't always get to choose what we love."
"I try to trust the tale and not the teller, remembering an African proverb: Until lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter."
"In what concerns you much, do not think that you have companions: know that you are alone in the world."
heart
"When a man has once loved a woman, he will do anything for her, except continue to love her."
"Cultivate the habit of early rising. It is unwise to keep the head long on a level with the feet."
"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed." - Sir Winston Churchill
laugh
"I loved when Bush came out and said, "We are losing the war against drugs." You know what that implies? There's a war being fought, and the people on drugs are winning it." - Bill Hicks
what made fatuous sunbeams toil to break earths sleep at all - Wilfred Owen
"There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary."
"I value kindness to human beings first of all, and kindness to animals. I don't respect the law; I have a total irreverence for anything connected with society except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and old men and women warmer in the winter, and happier in the summer."
"By any accepted standard, I have had more than nine lives. I counted them up once and there were 13 times I almost and maybe should have died." - Hunter S Thompson
"It is bitter to lose a friend to evil, before one loses him to death."
laugh
"Good evening, my name is Bill Hicks. I've been on the road now doing comedy twelve years, so uh, bear with me while I plaster on a fake smile and plow through this shit one more time....I'm kinda tired of traveling, kinda tired of doing comedy, kinda tired of staring out at your blank faces looking back at me, wanting me to fill your empty lives with humor you couldn't possibly think of yourself."
"Lying increases the creative faculties, expands the ego, and lessens the frictions of social contacts."
mischievous
"It is always the best policy to speak the truth - unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
"Sometimes we do a thing in order to find out the reason for it. Sometimes our actions are questions not answers."
"Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."
"What starts in clouded minds, finishes in rain." Glory by Lupe Fiasco
"Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well."
"Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash."
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth."
zaidi ya mwaka mmoja uliopita Nitsa said…
The worth loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself..
Mark Twain
"I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them.... "

JANE AUSTEN
Nothing is as obnoxious as other people's luck.
F. Scott Fitzgerald
"Truth sits upon the lips of dying men."
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
"A lifetime of happiness! No man alive could bear it: it would be hell on earth."
"Facing it, always facing it, that's the way to get through. Face it."
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
"His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy."
"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."
"You cannot make a man by standing a sheep on its hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position you can make a crowd of men."
"Never regret something that once made you smile."
"No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why."